Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Phalla] The Confines || Game Over! Mafia Victory!

1679111221

Posts

  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Kay wrote: »
    Observation: Specials contacting an unproven unknown claiming a non-standard village power with no way of proving alignment is a very bad idea.

    Suggestion: Vigilante(s) target Garick to confirm ability, then do not contact anyway.

    This suspicion is fine in theory, but when have the mafia ever actually done it? i cant seem to locate that game.
    Plus, it outs a mafia, should specials contacting him get killed, and voting records can trail from that one to many others.
    So i really dont think he's doing some sort of special trap, from a mafias risk vs reward point of view.

    Are you crazy?

    Bagging a vig (OR TWO) is well worth losing a mafia member over.

    romanqwerty on
  • towndrunk34towndrunk34 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    but what about 2 mafia? 3? 4? voting records have much power when you have even just 1 person known.

    towndrunk34 on
    >You don't want to drink that water anyway. Somebody tried to jizz in it last page.

  • GarickGarick Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    At this point in the game, the mafia have no reason to risk anything. With no mafia dead and 10 villagers dead including a seer, they can safely sit back and let the clueless village continue to kill themselves.

    On that note, I will be putting my vote on !Phyphor because I highly doubt that he chose to guard Kellie and was roll blocked, but not killed himself.

    Garick on
  • schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm going to say Romanqwerty because something stinks in Denmark. He's just too vocal about redirecting things. Plus, if the mafia can roleblock, phyphor is now useless and it gets us to waste a vote on him, since they could just roleblock him every day (since he's de facto known). He could be mafia, but it just doesn't feel right.

    schuss on
  • Stew_StickStew_Stick Dinner UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    OoOOOOoOooOOoo

    Protip: Don't aim for the big werewolf looking guys.

    OoooooooOOOoooOOooooo

    Stew_Stick on
  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    schuss wrote: »
    I'm going to say Romanqwerty because something stinks in Denmark. He's just too vocal about redirecting things. Plus, if the mafia can roleblock, phyphor is now useless and it gets us to waste a vote on him, since they could just roleblock him every day (since he's de facto known). He could be mafia, but it just doesn't feel right.

    You're right. The mafia definitely chose to hit a random target with their second kill rather than the guard.

    romanqwerty on
  • GarickGarick Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The mafia didn't hit a random target. They hit me. and they hit me the night before that too... maybe they assumed that my protection would be gone last night because of kellies reveal.

    Garick on
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Observation: The only proof we have of that is your word, Garick.

    Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Seriously folks look at dragon6860's posts

    SERIOUSLY

    Anyhow Schuss, i doubt the mafia have roleblock or redirect powers as it was stated this is a pretty vanilla phalla and most mafia in a vanilla game only have the kill power.

    M.D. on
  • schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Seriously folks look at dragon6860's posts

    SERIOUSLY

    Anyhow Schuss, i doubt the mafia have roleblock or redirect powers as it was stated this is a pretty vanilla phalla and most mafia in a vanilla game only have the kill power.

    Yeah, I have no clue what people could really have, just going based on the appearance of posting/intent. Though if it's a super-vanilla, then that means garick is lying too.
    This is only my 3rd phalla, with the first being the super-crazy Xenogears one, and the second had me being day 1'd, so I've never actually played vanilla.

    schuss on
  • Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hmm...A interesting dilemma. If I say I'm not Mafia, that's a red flag. If i don't say anything, that's also suspicious. May I ask what exactly was suspicious about my posting?

    Ghostly Clockwork on
    FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

    YDN6I5x.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
  • NodgarbNodgarb Registered User
    edited January 2011
    Garick, the things you say just don't seem to add up in my mind.

    Phyphor also stinks of human, both of your claims are very weak. You will die next me thinks.

    Nodgarb on
  • ExtermatottExtermatott Registered User
    edited January 2011
    Dragon6860 wrote: »
    Hmm...A interesting dilemma. If I say I'm not Mafia, that's a red flag. If i don't say anything, that's also suspicious. May I ask what exactly was suspicious about my posting?

    Have you tried saying you are mafia?

    Extermatott on
  • towndrunk34towndrunk34 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Romanqwerty is basically saying 'Oh no, this guy is trying to coordinate the village! KILL HIM!'
    I am either disappointed that phalla works that way, or disappointed that people are believing everything he's saying despite it going against the situation.
    Dire times call for desperate measures, people. Leaps of faith can have good effects.

    towndrunk34 on
    >You don't want to drink that water anyway. Somebody tried to jizz in it last page.

  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    dragon is da mafia

    M.D. on
  • pezzypezzy Registered User
    edited January 2011
    Kay wrote: »
    Observation: The only proof we have of that is your word, Garick.
    I don't see anything suspicious at all about Garrick's reveal. If he can't be killed by vigs (at least right now) then what's he have to lose in revealing? Nothing, so he may as wll do it.

    Kay's insistence on voting him out though makes me suspicious since that's the only way he can be taken out of the game right now.

    pezzy on
  • TipsyTipsy Registered User
    edited January 2011
    Darian for now.

    Tipsy on
  • Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Nooope, I'm not Mafia. I think you are though. Why? No reason! I just need to get a vote in before I head to sleep. Stupid GMT+5:30 time zone...Mr. Defecation

    Ghostly Clockwork on
    FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

    YDN6I5x.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    GMT+530? Where the hell are you?

    lonelyahava on
  • towndrunk34towndrunk34 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Kay and Roman are both against the do-or-die network, if we kill one of them and he's mafia, it'd be a good idea to look at the other.

    towndrunk34 on
    >You don't want to drink that water anyway. Somebody tried to jizz in it last page.

  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Kay, just because I feel like it.

    Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm in India, Mangalore to be exact.

    Ghostly Clockwork on
    FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

    YDN6I5x.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King Walls of Jakiro Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Dragon6860 wrote: »
    I'm in India, Mangalore to be exact.

    You mean Mafialore!

    Yeah I went there

    The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Declaration: I am amused.

    Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • schussschuss Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Kay wrote: »
    Declaration: I am amused.

    You know who else get amused?







    Mafia

    schuss on
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Prediction: You are going to be sorely disappointed.

    Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Dragon6860 wrote: »
    Hmm...A interesting dilemma. If I say I'm not Mafia, that's a red flag. If i don't say anything, that's also suspicious. May I ask what exactly was suspicious about my posting?

    Asking about what in your post is suspicious?

    Suspicious.

    That's right, I brought it back. What ya gonna do about it Garick?

    (Note: Crazy reveals of non-standard mechanics in a claimed vanilla game is pretty ridiculous. Also, that alien face freaks me out)

    REG Rysk on
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Is this what happens when we don't have Duna around to be abusive and caustic?

    Because the stupid got dialed up real high in here overnight.

    Voting out Kay is stupid. It's totally legit to be suspicious of some dude claiming some weird power with no confirmation from any seer we know to be village aligned. I mean, seriously. Voting out Garick seems, rash. I don't think that mafia would have any immunity to being vig'd (because that would be retarded unbalanced). The vig should hit Garick tonight, to test his word. If he doesn't die, well, then we have something and we might be able to get a network going.

    MrD is usually a pretty shrewd character, and I tend to trust his instincts, so voting out Dragon might not be a bad idea. However, I think that anyone voting to kill Garick looks pretty shifty to me.

    Because of that, Rysk earns my vote.

    LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • ExtermatottExtermatott Registered User
    edited January 2011
    I don't think that mafia would have any immunity to being vig'd (because that would be retarded unbalanced). The vig should hit Garick tonight, to test his word.

    I agree that the mafia would definitely not have such a power, but a neutral might, but since in is a vanilla game there likely wont be any powers like this at all, let alone with a neutral win condition.

    Extermatott on
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Sorry Phyphor, but something doesn't add up.

    [Tiny] P.S. The thing that doesn't add up is Kellie dying when you're supposedly a guard. [/Tiny]

    Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

    I won $200 playing mafia once.
    Check out the VODs here
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'll give you that LFHX, but I don't really want to vote him out. He sounds suspicious as hell, or Ahava with some of her 'vanilla-ness' doesn't understand what vanilla is.

    Contradictory information, tie goes to the game host.

    That said, I am super tired today. I remember reading about some shady stuff, and I had some suspicions formed, but they left my brain in the ride to work. Sorry.

    REG Rysk on
  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Garick, are you asserting that the mafia has three kills?

    romanqwerty on
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Let's 5 Deaths.

    1 Vote
    1 Mafia
    1 Village Vig


    EDIT: J/K Narration knows all!

    There's 2 village Vigs and 1 mafia vig. That in addition to the traditional kills makes 5.

    Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Umm...The actual narration assigns them as 1 vote 2 vigs 2 mafia kills.

    romanqwerty on
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Sounds like Matev has inside info...

    REG Rysk on
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    Sounds like Matev has inside info...

    Nothing I didn't glean from the narration a couple pages ago. My one contact got aced last night.

    Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Things that don't add up.

    Why aren't more people voting out phyphor? Mafia don't leave guards alive and the certainly don't hit random other targets instead.

    Dragon, you are looking very evil. You're first vote post today was a slip up. Darian isn't a particularly good vote, and there are most certainly better things to go on.

    Garick, what you're saying doesn't really add up. I find 3 mafia kills, very hard to believe and no special in their right mind should be contacting you yet. What should have been done, is that you should have asked the vig(s) to hit you tonight and then contact you tomorrow when you don't die (and even that is not foolproof). The fact that you didn't is making your ploy seem more and more like a bait.

    Towndrunk, i don't really think you're evil but if you're not, you are being stupid. Garick's ploy doesn't make a huge amount of sense at all really. Also, arguing about whether its vanila enough is a molehill compared to the mountains of the two most damning points.."3 mafia kills what?" and "Hurf durf specials should all contact me just because I said so."

    romanqwerty on
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Phyphor, I like your fancy talking Roman, it's helping my coalesce the jumbled logic trains swirling around my head and in this thread.

    Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Matev wrote: »
    Phyphor, I like your fancy talking Roman, it's helping my coalesce the jumbled logic trains swirling around my head and in this thread.

    I'm doing my best to try and bait a mafia kill.

    romanqwerty on
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm doing my best to try and bait a mafia kill.

    We'll see. They might leave you alive if they're geese. I wouldn't, but that's me, and I'm not mafia.

    Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
Sign In or Register to comment.