As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I make all my best threads... from Drunken decisions

LegbaLegba He did.Registered User regular
edited January 2011 in Social Entropy++
You know those days when you wake up hung over and you're like "what the fuck did I do last night?"

Not this guy!

I told my ex to go goose herself.

edit for clarity:

My ex got engaged, had doubts, started flirting with me again, woke all the old feelings in me and then rubbed my nose in it. And once I tried to see if we should maybe get back together she told me that no, despite repeatedly telling me that she loved me and begging me to stay with her, she was completely committed to her fiance and didn't want to see me.

So I got drunk, built up the Dutch courage required to tell her to go to hell and did so.

Patting myself on the back so hard right now you guys. I mean, in between the wincing and the nausia.

What's the best decision you ever made drunk?

Legba on
«13

Posts

  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    There is no best decision I've made while drunk.

    There are just some decisions that weren't as bad as the rest of the incoherently stupid ideas I've had.

    Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    i have a fever right now

    that is sorta like being drunk i guess

    Pony on
  • Options
    Firematic.Firematic. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Does this mean we'll be one short for apples to apples?

    Firematic. on
  • Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Probably!

    And my life will be so much better for it.

    Legba on
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    was under the impression that you couldn't

    you know, never mind

    Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Chef Boyardee is a pretty cool guy

    I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Most of my bad decisions while drunk involve perusing Amazon once I get home from where I was.

    I stumbled onto the free mp3 section they have and woke up with about 300 new songs on my hard drive the next day.

    I also thought it was super cool to buy the PS3 steering wheel for GT5 even though I hardly ever play it to begin with.

    Still a better alternative to the current work schedule I've got that's left me unable to go out for about 3 weeks straight.

    JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    No no JC. Best decisions. Best.

    Legba on
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I decided to drink more.

    Mr Fuzzbutt on
    broken image link
  • Options
    JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oh, right.

    I was wondering how dredging up shit with your ex wasn't a "bad" decision then started making my post and was stuck in that gear.

    I guess I'm kinda like Volyu in the "Best Decisions" list. I tell some good stories after a good drunk night, but that's not so much a decision as sober people leading me to talk about something I normally wouldn't and finding the revelations hilarious.

    JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Long story short: She got engaged, had doubts, started flirting with me again, woke all the old feelings in me and then basically rubbed my nose in it. And told me that no, despite telling me that she loved me and begging me to stay with her, she was completely committed to her fiance and didn't want to see me.

    So I got drunk, built up the Dutch courage required to tell her to go to hell and did so.

    I feel sick from the booze but man so relieved she's out of my life again. Just hope I have the brains not to repeat my mistake. Again.

    Legba on
  • Options
    JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Alright, well then good on you for getting out of that nasty situation.

    I guess it's more telling of the people I used to hang with than anything, but I saw your comment and thought it was like "I can't believe that Jenny bitch don't want none of this. Fuck it, dudes - I'm calling her right now and letting her know what she's missing."

    JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hah yeah I can see how you would think that. It's probably the more common reason for telling your ex to go to hell.

    Legba on
  • Options
    CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I propositioned a guy that I seriously had NO intention of ever sleeping with - while under the influence of criminal amounts of skittles vodka.

    Cogliostro on
  • Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    But was there a happy ending?

    Legba on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I've never made a good decision while drunk

    I have been lucky enough to have quite a few nice things happen to me while drunk, but that was generally in spite of myself

    The most immediate bad thing was falling 6 feet into a steel walkway, and then another 2 feet into the dirty irrigation water beneath it. Wasn't even all that drunk for that one, just not paying attention

    Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    One new years eve i told my best friend i loved her and that she should pick me over some hipster bellend from Leeds because i'm a much better choice.

    She did not. She picked him.

    Long story short, it doesn't work out between them (because he was a cunt like i had assumed) and she realises she should have picked me.

    But nah uh that ship has sailed sugar tits.

    Karl on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    You know I've never really done a lot of drunk love confessing. Most of my drunk confessions are in the bro-love category, which isn't really all that dangerous.

    But man now that I think about it, I got up to a lot of wacky drunken hijinks in japan. One time involved waking up to find myself peeing on my pillow while at a camp-in thing with a bunch of other people. 4 people to a cabin, and I'm pretty sure I woke up the girl sleeping next to me, who had gone to bed before I had a chance to meet her

    That was an awkward next day

    Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Kusu thread

    neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I make all my best threads...in Drunken decisions

    JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Houk wrote: »
    But man now that I think about it, I got up to a lot of wacky drunken hijinks in japan. One time involved waking up to find myself peeing on my pillow while at a camp-in thing with a bunch of other people. 4 people to a cabin, and I'm pretty sure I woke up the girl sleeping next to me, who had gone to bed before I had a chance to meet her

    That was an awkward next day

    Hahahahaha.

    Man this is the kind of shit I need to hear this morning.

    Legba on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Legba wrote: »
    Houk wrote: »
    But man now that I think about it, I got up to a lot of wacky drunken hijinks in japan. One time involved waking up to find myself peeing on my pillow while at a camp-in thing with a bunch of other people. 4 people to a cabin, and I'm pretty sure I woke up the girl sleeping next to me, who had gone to bed before I had a chance to meet her

    That was an awkward next day

    Hahahahaha.

    Man this is the kind of shit I need to hear this morning.
    I mean the weirdest thing about it was, I was like half standing and aiming right at the pillow

    As if I thought the pillow was the toilet

    I actually woke up the next day thinking I had dreamed it, and the fact that my pillow was wet was due to a glass of water getting knocked over next to it (which had also happened)

    The only reason I'm pretty sure it really happened was cuz the girl questioned me about it, without going so far as to say she actually saw me do it

    Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Most of the decisions in my 'good drunk decisions' category involve me stopping drinking before I make myself sick.

    stimtokolos on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Pony wrote: »
    i have a fever right now

    that is sorta like being drunk i guess

    When I was a kid I had a fever that had me bedridden for about a week.

    It all passed, and I dropped some noticable weight for a while due to having eaten so little.

    But at one point it got so bad I was hearing voices, which frightened the living fuck out of me.

    Just lying there in bed when I feel a weird chill and suddenly disembodied voicse are whispering unintelligible nonsense coming from directions I couldn't pinpoint. I near cried into my pillow before calling to my dad who had me warm up more to help keep the fever down, or something.

    It seemed to work, although it happened a second time another night.

    That wasn't a fun week.

    Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204


  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Also I have a bad habit of hitting on absolutely everyone if I get sufficiently drunk

    And it has worked way more than it has any reason to

    Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Houk wrote: »
    Legba wrote: »
    Houk wrote: »
    But man now that I think about it, I got up to a lot of wacky drunken hijinks in japan. One time involved waking up to find myself peeing on my pillow while at a camp-in thing with a bunch of other people. 4 people to a cabin, and I'm pretty sure I woke up the girl sleeping next to me, who had gone to bed before I had a chance to meet her

    That was an awkward next day

    Hahahahaha.

    Man this is the kind of shit I need to hear this morning.
    I mean the weirdest thing about it was, I was like half standing and aiming right at the pillow

    As if I thought the pillow was the toilet

    I actually woke up the next day thinking I had dreamed it, and the fact that my pillow was wet was due to a glass of water getting knocked over next to it (which had also happened)

    The only reason I'm pretty sure it really happened was cuz the girl questioned me about it, without going so far as to say she actually saw me do it

    I used to sleepwalk when I was younger. When I was six I thought my parents' bed was the toilet in my sleep and almost pissed in it. They woke up and moved me to the bathroom in time though.

    I know I have successfully used the toilet in my sleep before though. This time was just 5 meters away.

    stimtokolos on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I used to sleepwalk when I was younger. When I was six I thought my parents' bed was the toilet in my sleep and almost pissed in it. They woke up and moved me to the bathroom in time though.

    I know I have successfully used the toilet in my sleep before though. This time was just 5 meters away.
    I have a friend who sleepwalked his way into the shower one day. He woke up in the shower, thinking he was getting ready for school apparently. When he came out his parents were really confused, since it was a Saturday

    That same friend has sleep-laughed late at night while staying over on more than one occasion. It's really creepy to hear that, then ask him the next day what he was laughing at, and he has no memory of doing it

    Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Had sex for the first time when I got really drunk

    that was alright, I guess.

    Gatsby on
  • Options
    AwkoAwko About to poison the waterhole.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Me and some friends woke up the morning after St Patty's day to find out that we had registered and paid our fees in full for a local bowling league.

    Awko on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Awko wrote: »
    Me and some friends woke up the morning after St Patty's day to find out that we had registered and paid our fees in full for a local bowling league.
    The best drunken night out

    Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Houk wrote: »
    I used to sleepwalk when I was younger. When I was six I thought my parents' bed was the toilet in my sleep and almost pissed in it. They woke up and moved me to the bathroom in time though.

    I know I have successfully used the toilet in my sleep before though. This time was just 5 meters away.
    I have a friend who sleepwalked his way into the shower one day. He woke up in the shower, thinking he was getting ready for school apparently. When he came out his parents were really confused, since it was a Saturday

    That same friend has sleep-laughed late at night while staying over on more than one occasion. It's really creepy to hear that, then ask him the next day what he was laughing at, and he has no memory of doing it

    I woke up in a different room on a trampoline at school camp when I was 13. That was weird. It was pretty far from my room as well.

    stimtokolos on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    i have a fever right now

    that is sorta like being drunk i guess

    When I was a kid I had a fever that had me bedridden for about a week.

    It all passed, and I dropped some noticable weight for a while due to having eaten so little.

    But at one point it got so bad I was hearing voices, which frightened the living fuck out of me.

    Just lying there in bed when I feel a weird chill and suddenly disembodied voicse are whispering unintelligible nonsense coming from directions I couldn't pinpoint. I near cried into my pillow before calling to my dad who had me warm up more to help keep the fever down, or something.

    It seemed to work, although it happened a second time another night.

    That wasn't a fun week.

    I used to have some pretty fucked up fevers as a kid. I used to eat primarily fruitloops and my mom's clinic full of diseased people was on the upstairs of my house so it would happen pretty often.

    The worst was that if I were reading a book I would fever dream different endings over and over and over and over for pretty much the whole day.

    Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Best decision was coming out to two of my friends.

    Also I do "I love you" a lot when I'm drunk, but it's usually platonic (though I'm not sure people realize that).

    Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    just fall over, break stuff or make fun of people

    its served me well all these years

    Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Awko wrote: »
    Me and some friends woke up the morning after St Patty's day to find out that we had registered and paid our fees in full for a local bowling league.

    This is excellent.

    Legba on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    On the subject of doing stuff while sleeping, we have this one mutual friend, Tommy.

    He's a brilliant guy, one of those one in a million type of people you never see many of, if any. Better than you at pretty much everything you're any good at. Yeah, one of those people. He's got a great sense of humor, so it's easy enough to get along with him even if he can be an arrogant douche at times (which I guess is naturally occurring when you know for a fact that you're better than most people). I'm talking Ozymondias level nonsense. Some of the shit he's capable of is kind of insane.

    Anyway, this guy barely sleeps at all. Maybe a few hours a day, and often doesn't get any sleep at all for a couple days at a time or so. Thing is, sometimes my friends and his family don't realize when he sleeps because he is doing normal day routine stuff. While he is sleeping.

    He's mentioned having woken up in his car, late in the afternoon, calling work, and finding out that he did a shift without realizing it.

    Apparently some of the work he does is so mind numbingly easy for him, he can literally do it in his sleep.

    Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204


  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    James Franco would fuck him up.

    Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Maybe he is James Franco.

    Legba on
  • Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    You guys.

    I'm playing Apples to Apples, watching Knowing, shooting the shit with cool people and hearing about cool drunken stories. And I feel so incredibly pleased with my drunken self.

    Yeah, I slept on the floor of my office last night and I'm working a double shift at the video shop. But even so.

    Best hangover ever.

    Legba on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Houk wrote: »
    Also I have a bad habit of hitting on absolutely everyone if I get sufficiently drunk

    And it has worked way more than it has any reason to

    You only do this when drunk?


    Hmmm. Never considered limiting myself like that before.

    NotASenator on
This discussion has been closed.