Options

Radiant Historia - Screw Destiny! (Atlus Dream Team RPG)

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Psyched to have my copy delivered today. Would have been nice if I was able to pick it up on Tuesday like I was supposed to, since I wound up spending all day yesterday sick in bed.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Maz- wrote: »
    So, I'm 3 hours in, just got my 4th party member.
    Is it worth leveling everyone up equally or should I stick to just 3 people?
    Turns out people not in your party gain experience, too. I'm not sure if it's half or not, but my new fourth just leveled, too.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Turns out people not in your party gain experience, too. I'm not sure if it's half or not, but my new fourth just leveled, too.

You can also use them for out of combat healing.

jothki on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    So, if you go back in time with the Historia, does the dialogue change at all or is it safe to skip through it?

For reference (Rosch path)
    Just got the first Bad End by setting an ambush

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    BeckBeck Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    This game looks hot, I should probably get it before Pokemon comes out.

I'm going to buy this game on Friday, I'm going to buy this game, and I'm going to play the shit out of it.

It has been so long since a game worth playing has come out. Now this and Bulletstorm happen within like, a week of each other.

So happy.

Anybody know if the print run was on the larger side or not?

Beck on
    Lucas's Franklin Badge reflected the lightning back!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Hey, so in the node "The Beginning"
    There is a third path I can do? What is that?

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    edited February 2011
    Beck wrote: »

It's an Atlus game that most of us needed to order via Amazon rather than actually purchase in meatspace. Does that answer your question?

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    Beck wrote: »

It's an Atlus game that most of us needed to order via Amazon rather than actually purchase in meatspace. Does that answer your question?

I'll buy an extra copy, then.

Thanks!

Beck on
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Anyone know a better way to import this to europe aside from play-asia? Amazon refuses to ship, so they are the only ones I've been able to use. Always end up getting things 2 weeks or so late, which is rather annoying.

Frozenzen on
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

I just tested it. Yeah, 50% seems to be about right.

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Got my first "bad" ending. Which was... well, hilariously bad.
    Standard history, chose to go to the mine instead of waiting. Essentially the text was "You fought at the mine. Despite winning... you still lost and everybody died. Fin."

Really? That's it? That's all you got? That's pretty dang pathetic, all things considering. Oh well.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    Anyone know a better way to import this to europe aside from play-asia? Amazon refuses to ship, so they are the only ones I've been able to use. Always end up getting things 2 weeks or so late, which is rather annoying.

I buy all my games online from http://www.videogamesplus.ca/ . I live in Canada, but I've heard they ship to Europe and apparently they're quite prompt. I can say their shipping to Canadian users is fantastic. Maybe someone closer to home can give you better advice, but I would give them a shot. I've heard it usually takes about 7 days to get your stuff from them.

Beck on
  • Options
    _Debaser__Debaser_ Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Yeah, I'm curious of that as well.
    Judging from the fact that it's only a single node, I assume it's just a dead end. But I would certainly like to get 100% completion on the White Chronicle by the time I'm done with the game.

Has anyone else had any luck in getting that node? I assume it's just Stocke walking off Incredible Hulk-style never to be seen or heard from again. And then of course Granorg just waltzes in and invades the hell out of Alistel.

_Debaser_ on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ystaelystael Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Xagarath wrote: »
    Ordered in some kind of insane lot with EO III and DQ VI.
    Goodbye time.

Left the magic book at home, F O E!
    Bulging muscles, spiky hair, F O E!
    Even in a past event, F O E!
    Time travel, slime travel, F O E!

F O E! F O E! F O E! F O E!

ystael on
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Exarch wrote: »
    This game is the glorious offspring of Chrono Trigger and Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen. There's pretty much nothing I don't like so far.

What what? I hadn't heard it was anything like this.

Alright, need to play this game at some point.

JihadJesus on
  • Options
    ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    It's not an srpg or anything, but the battle system is on a grid, and the storyline is very reminiscent of the first OB game with the large cast of characters and very epic 'two kingdoms fight while disaster brews' sort of feel.

Just a first impression.

Exarch on
    No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    What the hell is up with the enemies at Judgement Cliffs? They are totally raping my level 12 team.

Maz- on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    That's on the way to the tower, right? Did you do the other path yet? There's a guy you can buy new equipment from in the mines. Aside from that, make sure you utilize the movement skills and switching mechanic to take out multiple enemies at once.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    ystaelystael Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Don't forget Raynie's elemental magic and poison skills. Initially I was kind of dubious because of the MP cost, but once I put a magic-up spear on her, she melts face pretty good. Her 5MP Frost and Thunder beat the hell out of Stocke's 8MP Power Wave, anyway.

ystael on
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I just did that part myself. It's on the way to the sand fortress.

Just go straight up. If you go left, you just run into guys you're apparently not ready for quite yet. Though with some ninja effort, I did snag a few items from the area. Nothing special though, just a +1 speed bracelet, and a gun nobody can equip.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I've been interested in this game ever since I first heard of it a little over two months ago. I've got two questions:

1) How much grinding is there? For reference, I thought Dragon Quest had a little too much grinding, and Etrian Oddsey had holy shit way too much grinding fuuuuck.

2) Are the normal enemies challenging, or are they the kind that you can just hammer the attack button over and over to take down?

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Normal enemies become a bit rough by hour 5.

I've yet to grind at all.

Tcheldor on
    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Just when I was bitching about money, a rebate credit card comes for me in the mail. Looks like I'm getting this and Pokemon White for free.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Tcheldor wrote: »

Yea just after the sand fortress I seen the first real difficulty spike with the Goblin Archers casting poison that deals 40-50 HP poison damage per action you take.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    This game needs a minimap so much.
    Tcheldor wrote: »

Yea just after the sand fortress I seen the first real difficulty spike with the Goblin Archers casting poison that deals 40-50 HP poison damage per action you take.

I like how one of the ways to deal with poison is just to never have that character act.

jothki on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Atlus made this game? I always thought they were just a publisher.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So how the fuck do I get mana crystals? At least that's what I assume they are, the little crystal things in nooks and crannies all over the game. The A-button does nothing, and when I hit them with Y it just says "you were unable to break off a piece" or something like that. Also, nothing happens if I detonate a bomb right next to them, either.

I thought maybe you have a limit of 3 at a time, so I used one to recover, and still no dice.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    HeraldSHeraldS Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Anyone know if there will be an official guide for this game?

HeraldS on
  • Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Totally forgot about this one. My DS backlog just got a little longer...

an_alt on
    Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Just go straight up. If you go left, you just run into guys you're apparently not ready for quite yet. Though with some ninja effort, I did snag a few items from the area. Nothing special though, just a +1 speed bracelet, and a gun nobody can equip.

Yeah, noticed that too after a while.

Raiden333 wrote: »
    So how the fuck do I get mana crystals? At least that's what I assume they are, the little crystal things in nooks and crannies all over the game. The A-button does nothing, and when I hit them with Y it just says "you were unable to break off a piece" or something like that. Also, nothing happens if I detonate a bomb right next to them, either.

I thought maybe you have a limit of 3 at a time, so I used one to recover, and still no dice.

I don't know how you get them from these crystal formations either, but there's a guy in the starting city who sells them. I think he's standing outside the item shop.

Maz- on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I assume you'll be able to do stuff with those crystals later, with a new ability similar to the explosions and push/pull stuff.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    You get the ability to break harder things/cut tougher things as the game goes on. No worries Raidan.

Tcheldor on
    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Yeah, noticed that too after a while.

I don't know how you get them from these crystal formations either, but there's a guy in the starting city who sells them. I think he's standing outside the item shop.

Yeah, for fucking 5000g.

For that price, I can buy enough tea to restore 420 mana, if my calculations are correct. And I don't have to find a save point to use tea.

I imagine the crystals will be more useful in the late game, but for now they're ridiculous unless there's a way to find them somewhere.

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Just got to the first Node, loving the combat system already.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

It just keeps getting better.

I loved when I finished off the first boss fight with a combo that rated "Excellent!"

edit: Hint for awesome combos I just discovered: Use Rosch when you can, give him the best armor you have, and a couple of the charms that boost defense. Even in baroque state, he never seems to take more than 10-15 damage, so he's really good for trading turns with enemies to fill up the upcoming turns with your own characters.

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

It just keeps getting better.

I loved when I finished off the first boss fight with a combo that rated "Excellent!"
    Switching is the greatest thing ever. There is nothing more satisfying than having the entire turn order full of your own guys and unleashing massive combos.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    edited February 2011
    Dear Radiant Historia,

I find your lack of a mini map...disturbing.

Maz- on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Asking this again:

There's also one in A New Mission. They're both single Events, based on the looks of things, so they're likely just bad endings/optional events/whatever, but I still don't like feeling like I missed something. :(

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    What are the odds of this becoming Atlus-rare? I want to finish DQ6 first but I don't want to miss out on this.

elevature on
  • Options
    OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    elevature wrote: »
    What are the odds of this becoming Atlus-rare? I want to finish DQ6 first but I don't want to miss out on this.

Theres a very good chance, especially since the 3ds comes out next month

Ohtsam on