Options

Radiant Historia - Screw Destiny! (Atlus Dream Team RPG)

• Options
    fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I just googled up a 20$ copy of this, I am the best at shopping.

fadingathedges on
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Standard Stocke...that phrase just makes me mind asplode

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    ystaelystael Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm confused. In Alternate History Chapter 1, I'm at the Sand Fortress, and
    it's on fire and I'm looking for invisible explosives.
    I've already
    met Aht and learned Mana Sight
    in Standard History, so I came back to do this part. But
    on 1F of the Fortress, I can't find any hidden objects except one chest containing an Emerald, and both stair exits are blocked by rockfall
    , so I feel stuck.

Do I just need to look harder, or is there still another precondition I need to satisfy before doing this part?

ystael on
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    ystael wrote: »
    I'm confused. In Alternate History Chapter 1, I'm at the Sand Fortress, and
    it's on fire and I'm looking for invisible explosives.
    I've already
    met Aht and learned Mana Sight
    in Standard History, so I came back to do this part. But
    on 1F of the Fortress, I can't find any hidden objects except one chest containing an Emerald, and both stair exits are blocked by rockfall
    , so I feel stuck.

Do I just need to look harder, or is there still another precondition I need to satisfy before doing this part?
    I am here right now and don't know for sure because I haven't gone back yet, but I assume
    you have to search the tower and find them before they explode.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Blackjack wrote: »
    I am here right now and don't know for sure because I haven't gone back yet, but I assume
    you have to search the tower and find them before they explode.

facepalm Of course. Thank you.
    For a minute there I forgot this was a time travel game.

ystael on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    About 8 hours in. (edit: I realized that doesn't mean much in this game. Just past the sand fortress, standard timeline)
    Just got the little girl. Holy shit, there are abilities that let you trap squares? This is going to add so much to the combat depth for me.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ok, I'm stuck.
    Went through Standard History, got to the point where I rescued the satyros, but I need to learn sword dancing to get past the checkpoint. Hey! I remember that Kiev guy mentioning that he knows how. So I go to Alternate History, but despite knowing what I need, I saw no opportunity to learn it, and now I apparently need to learn how to see invisible things from the satyros to continue.

So uh... where do I go?

Gotta say, I like the game, but there are a few little niggling details here and there that make me question what's going on. Like if/when I get a bad ending, why the game puts me all the way back to the beginning of the chapter, instead of the node right before where I messed up. And it's kind of cool that the game basically has a sort of built-in New game + feature, it seems if you're not careful, you could end up repeating long segments. I apparently went off the rails somewhere, and the thought of having to replay a potentially large bit doesn't sound like a lot of fun.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Every time you learn something, it's marked as a side-branch on the timeline. Just look back for spots that have undiscovered branches and could meet the conditions that you need, and poke around them.

jothki on
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    And my regular importer has moved straight to backordered status, saying they haven't received any stock yet.
    The hell?

Xagarath on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    should I feel like I need to order this asap? I don't want to miss it but I don't actually intend to play it just yet either, but it's easy to feel like these games are gonna disappear on me

edit - ah I see the post above.

perhaps I'll order this weekend

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Ok, I'm stuck.
    Went through Standard History, got to the point where I rescued the satyros, but I need to learn sword dancing to get past the checkpoint. Hey! I remember that Kiev guy mentioning that he knows how. So I go to Alternate History, but despite knowing what I need, I saw no opportunity to learn it, and now I apparently need to learn how to see invisible things from the satyros to continue.

So uh... where do I go?

Gotta say, I like the game, but there are a few little niggling details here and there that make me question what's going on. Like if/when I get a bad ending, why the game puts me all the way back to the beginning of the chapter, instead of the node right before where I messed up. And it's kind of cool that the game basically has a sort of built-in New game + feature, it seems if you're not careful, you could end up repeating long segments. I apparently went off the rails somewhere, and the thought of having to replay a potentially large bit doesn't sound like a lot of fun.
    After you talk to the troops about Rosch and Viola having a strategy meeting, but before you go talk to them again, find Kiev on the second floor of the tower.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    edited February 2011
    I sure do love how I have to hit each enemy 37 times with my sword before it MIGHT be stunned. That sure was a great decision, game makers.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Blackjack wrote: »
    I sure do love how I have to hit each enemy 37 times with my sword before it MIGHT be stunned. That sure was a great decision, game makers.

Yeah, that's a little irritating, but at least it keeps it from being a sure thing.

And boy howdy, does this game apparently love to see how long you can go without any sort of healing/restoration. Of course, had I realized that I could open the doors in the friggin' Sand Palace earlier I might not have got so MP-deprived by (inadvertently) grinding mooks. :P

Still, having to time travel to get back to the only inn (so far) is certainly... unique. The fact that it works (on everyone, not just Stocke) seems to fly in the face of the game's internal logic, though.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Vyolynce wrote: »

Yeah, that's a little irritating, but at least it keeps it from being a sure thing.

And boy howdy, does this game apparently love to see how long you can go without any sort of healing/restoration. Of course, had I realized that I could open the doors in the friggin' Sand Palace earlier I might not have got so MP-deprived by (inadvertently) grinding mooks. :P

Still, having to time travel to get back to the only inn (so far) is certainly... unique. The fact that it works (on everyone, not just Stocke) seems to fly in the face of the game's internal logic, though.

Huh? You mean you can do something in these rooms? I just went through the Sand Fortress the first time and there was pretty much nothing there. One room had a row of moveable boxes, but nothing else which was..weird.

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Variable wrote: »
    should I feel like I need to order this asap? I don't want to miss it but I don't actually intend to play it just yet either, but it's easy to feel like these games are gonna disappear on me

edit - ah I see the post above.

perhaps I'll order this weekend

Yeah, the EB I bought it at got 5 copies and I got the shelf copy because they had already sold the rest on the same day it came in. Atlus rare indeed.

Ragnar Dragonfyre on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I think that's the whole point of the mana crystals and such.

Tcheldor on
    League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I can only assume that eventually the difficulty ramps up so much that I'll need to start using crystals. Because so far, I haven't seen the point of them at all. If you have access to the map, you can easily walk back and use the inn, and no dungeon yet has been so demanding that I need to waste a crystal.

At the very least though, I finally got the skill that lets you chop up those crystals on the map, and they appear to regenerate after a while, though I don't know how long it takes. So assuming I don't suddenly need hundreds of them, I can easily get them for free versus dropping 5 g's.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    At the very least though, I finally got the skill that lets you chop up those crystals on the map, and they appear to regenerate after a while, though I don't know how long it takes. So assuming I don't suddenly need hundreds of them, I can easily get them for free versus dropping 5 g's.

Are you getting Mana Crystals from hitting those? Because so far I've only gotten Mana Shards (which are just single-use 50hp heals).

ystael on
  • Options
    Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Will this work on an original DS or do I need an upgraded one?

Lord Jezo on
    Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Maz- wrote: »
    Vyolynce wrote: »

Huh? You mean you can do something in these rooms? I just went through the Sand Fortress the first time and there was pretty much nothing there. One room had a row of moveable boxes, but nothing else which was..weird.

Yeah, try hitting A while facing one of those dark brown diamond-indicated panels on the top wall. I kept hitting dead ends and nothing else, then tried that randomly. Pissed me off something fierce.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Ohtsam wrote: »
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Also, I am so calling it now: (just a prediction, but spoilering it anyway)
    Heiss is totally Old-Stocke.

Counter-speculation
    I don't think so. From what I've seen of the time travel capabilities Stocke gets from the chronicle he cannot go further back then when he got the book from stocke originally since he can only travel on his own timeline to major choices he made.

Counter-Counter-Speculation.
    Just to keep my crazy theory afloat, I'm going to also speculate that Heiss/Old-Stocke is the one with the Black Chronicle. :P

If the one who owns that thing isn't
    the big "Executioner" dude, Palomedes or somesuch

I'll be very surprised.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Man. All this talk of the game being Atlus-rare is gonna make me order it and play it on my sister's DS.

One last-ditch attempt to convince myself not to spend the money: Is this game worth $30? Also, what's average gamelength?

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Definitely, definitely worth 30.

Probably 40-60 hours depending on how much you'd do, I'd say.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    ....fuck.

Ordering this.

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Does Aht ever learn enemy-movement skills? It gets annoying having to equip Stocke with 3 breeze rings (+1 speed). Otherwise Aht always gets the first and 4th turns during pre-emptive strikes and can't really do jack shit.

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Probably not. She seems to be getting all the Trap skills.

But I haven't used her at all ever yet, and so she's still behind Stocke, Raynie, and Marco.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    edited February 2011
    Her trap skills worked really well though. The goblins in the area where you get her are weak to thunder, and one trap was killing them outright. It's just a matter of trying to push enemies around into them.

Then again, you can do the same thing with Raynie and a thunder spell, so...

The Wolfman on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I imagine she'll be one of the best characters in the late game, traps do ridiculous damage. Not to mention, stealing those offensive items is great for supplemental income. But where I'm at now, Stocke is the only one that can shift enemies left/right (as well as push back, obviously), Raynie can only push back, Marco can only grapple, and Aht can't do anything.

I really really hope she turns up somewhere in Alternate History, I imagine Stocke/Aht/Rosch would be a rocking party.

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Marco will learn Push Assault, too. I'm not sure what level, though.

And you can give him Right Assault from a scroll if you do the cave-in sidequest.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, the traps hurt MUCH more than Raynie's spells. Like, a couple hundred points of damage per enemy. The trick is that you only get one shot at them, so you need to juggle enemies around.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Huh, so I was sad that I didn't find out about this game until it was released because no preorder CD. Ordered from Amazon. Yay, CD!

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    The CD isn't a preorder thing.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, all first-printrun copies of the game come with the CD boxed in.

I just wish it was longer. Will definitely be buying the OST if they release one.

edit: oh hey, the OST is already out. Awesome!

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    KamiKami Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Just checked the mail, and my sexy new copy of this was sitting there <3<3

Kami on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Me too!

Actually I left it with my sister for now, I let her give it a try first and she couldn't put it down. :)

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Who has two thumbs and discovered a combo rating above excellent?

this guy.

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So, I picked up a DSi XL with 9-9-9, Dragon Warrior 9, annnd... This. (Thank you Fry's!)

Wow... I'm liking this. This is amazing.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Nocren wrote: »
    So, I picked up a DSi XL with 9-9-9, Dragon Warrior 9, annnd... This. (Thank you Fry's!)

Wow... I'm liking this. This is amazing.

How much did you pay for the XL? I can't imagine buying one so soon before the 3DS comes out.

Raiden333 on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I haven't been addicted to a DS game this much since TWEWY.

Also, anyone know how to do the cave-in sidequest? I got a side note about it in SH, but I need to find out where in AH/SH to check to solve it.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I haven't been addicted to a DS game this much since TWEWY.

Also, anyone know how to do the cave-in sidequest? I got a side note about it in SH, but I need to find out where in AH/SH to check to solve it.
    In AH, you can save him before you go through the mine.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png