As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Pre-PAX Bar Crawl] (Closed) Pokecrawl Episode 2: Mewtwo Strikes Back!

• browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Sorry for the lack of updates as I have been out of town for the past week. Everything should be fully updated now including any PMs I have received. The biggest news right now is that Team Red Group A is permanently closed barring anyone dropping out.

To browncoatbeath, chinhang, ky13, metatron: I moved you all to Group B since I was not around when Group A filled up. Group B is almost as good as Group A. Like store brand cereal or Megablox. If this is an issue please let me know and we can get you changed to another team.

awww, sadness. i heard group A was where the invincible livers belonged... ;)

Don't worry, you will not be disappointed by the B Team.

sweet. it's probably best i'm not starting with the A team anyway given it's my first year for the crawl. gotta ease a toe in before i jump. ;) so the B team's super-solid-but-perhaps-not-life-threatening approach will be good. :)

browncoatbeth on

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Sorry for the lack of updates as I have been out of town for the past week. Everything should be fully updated now including any PMs I have received. The biggest news right now is that Team Red Group A is permanently closed barring anyone dropping out.

To browncoatbeath, chinhang, ky13, metatron: I moved you all to Group B since I was not around when Group A filled up. Group B is almost as good as Group A. Like store brand cereal or Megablox. If this is an issue please let me know and we can get you changed to another team.

sweet. it's probably best i'm not starting with the A team anyway given it's my first year for the crawl. gotta ease a toe in before i jump. ;) so the B team's super-solid-but-perhaps-not-life-threatening approach will be good. :)

I hate to break it to you, but the B in Team B stands for Brofessional. You feel free to keep your own pace, but there are some serious drinkers on B. I've drank with Atlus a number of times and he has yet to drink me under the table.

I think the true decider is which team fat_idiot will end up on, as he drinks with such determination that even I feel a bit humbled.

Also, I see that you are from NC. Can you please bring Scotts bbq sauce and some hush puppies? I shall barter using lobster rolls or perhaps chowder.

arsonisfun on
    I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    for my team professor? anything! i'll see what i can do. ;) hush puppies = awesome.

and i'll do my very (responsible) best to keep up w/ my team!

browncoatbeth on

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • cyntheticcynthetic Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Group A is indeed the home of invincible Livers, but you can be the immortal livers.

Yes! Team B ftw! Though... my liver is anything but immortal. It will probably disown the rest of my body Friday morning. Luckily, though, I've never had a hang over to date (despite blacking-out, and other drunken disasters), so hopefully that will remain true.

Well... maybe it's better to say that I haven't had a ~physical~ hang over. I've had some mental ones... that inevitable "Oh my god...what the hell happened last night?" moment.

cynthetic on
  • Maximus3OH3Maximus3OH3 Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    I choose you !Squirtle team B

Maximus3 +3

Maximus3OH3 on
  • ProeliatorProeliator Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I could SWEAR I already posted, but now I can't find it! Hopefully there's still room!

I choose you, !Bulbasaur! Team B, muchos gracias!

Proeliator on
  • jujujuju [E] Line Entertainment! Brookline, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    179888_10100108134204990_909051_53151062_4206109_n.jpg

Me and delicious3.14 are hard at work coordinating Team Green!

We're planning some goodies and giveaways in the upcoming weeks, so keep your eyes peeled! For now, voila, @PAXTeamGreen has gone live and we have a sexy Facebook group to boot!

Join us! ~~ <3

juju on
    PAX East '10-16 Pokecrawl || Team Green's Awesome PokeProf!
    PAX Prime '10-'13 Triwizard Drinking Tournament || Hufflepuff Head of House!
    Twitter: @jujukoo
    [E]
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    juju wrote: »

We're planning some goodies and giveaways in the upcoming weeks, so keep your eyes peeled! For now, voila, @PAXTeamGreen has gone live and we have a sexy Facebook group to boot!

Join us! ~~ <3

I love you both and am ecstatic that I joined the right team. :)

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    129136037487.gif
    A Wild Snorlax Appears!

Alright Pokecrawlers, I have come here to issue a warning to you all. Somewhere along your path you may encounter the dreaded Snorlax. This sleeping Pokemon has been known to block the path of many Pokeventurers in the most inconvenient ways. Your encounter may be no different, and on your way to battle Mewtwo you may have to come up with creative ways to move this beast from your path.

Should you encounter Team Snorlax on your journey towards the final battle, your further progression will be blocked. You will then need to coax Team Snorlax to move from your path.

More details to come.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • docmatrixdocmatrix Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    I choose you: !Bulbasaur!, Group A please!

Will have a +1 with me. Looking forward to it!

docmatrix on
  • GalFridayGalFriday Community and Social Media Manager NovatoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I am getting somewhat excited for this event...:wink:

Also I found a Pokémon card that seems very apt considering the theme of the bar crawl....
    WithScruffage.png

GalFriday on
    @Ga1Friday is the twitter account I use to talk about everyday things. Sometimes work things. Lots of work things.
  • peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    juju wrote: »

Join us! ~~ <3

I would like to point out that at Prime, the green team, @SlytherinTWDT, was the only team awesome enough to have its own twitter account. ^5 to the most awesome team. We have already won.

peetsnack on
    7B14287.png
  • SirJohnBearSirJohnBear Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I CHOOSE YOU !Squirtle Group B! (I am a +1 of lollerskate)

SirJohnBear on
  • PukaPuka Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I be ins !Squirtle Group B! (I am a +1 of lollerskate)

If you're still looking for a Nurse Joy/Officer Jenny in any group, I'll be glad to help in any way. I'm not much of a drinker. :c

Puka on
  • KiddKidd Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Has a meeting place been established yet? Just wondering if I missed this somewhere. I'm kinda new to all of this.

Kidd on
  • mrpogomrpogo Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    I CHOOSE YOU !Squirtle Group A and a +1

mrpogo on
  • GalFridayGalFriday Community and Social Media Manager NovatoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    resizedgeodude.png

Geodude is ready for some shots....

GalFriday on
    @Ga1Friday is the twitter account I use to talk about everyday things. Sometimes work things. Lots of work things.
  • Mr.ChewieMr.Chewie Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    I choose Squirtle! Group B

I'll be having +1

Mr.Chewie on
  • RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Kidd wrote: »
    Has a meeting place been established yet? Just wondering if I missed this somewhere. I'm kinda new to all of this.

The starting locations should be announced soon.

Rdr on
  • KiddKidd Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    thank you

Kidd on
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    GalFriday wrote: »
    resizedgeodude.png

Geodude is ready for some shots....

Haha. That is great.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • WSwanWSwan Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    We pretty much broke Boston last year, but I'm in again, for sure.

I choose you, Squirtle Group A!! I will have a +1, as well.

WSwan on
  • DariusTripletDariusTriplet Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    Charmander, Group B, +2, as per request.

DariusTriplet on
  • Icarus027Icarus027 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    arsonisfun wrote: »

I hate to break it to you, but the B in Team B stands for Brofessional. You feel free to keep your own pace, but there are some serious drinkers on B. I've drank with Atlus a number of times and he has yet to drink me under the table.

I think the true decider is which team fat_idiot will end up on, as he drinks with such determination that even I feel a bit humbled.

Also, I see that you are from NC. Can you please bring Scotts bbq sauce and some hush puppies? I shall barter using lobster rolls or perhaps chowder.

Arson I respect your veneration of alcoholic consumption. Therefore I hereby challenge you to a double-barrel shotgun duel at some point over PAX weekend. Cheap beer required.

Brofessionally yours,

Icarus

Icarus027 on
    Trust me, I'm (almost) a doctor.
  • KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    O.o

Is my maths right and that this is over 300 bar crawlers?

Kiashien on
    The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Kiashien wrote: »
    O.o

This is why, as WSwan so succinctly put it, we "broke Boston" last year. Which, of course, was a fabulous time. Looking forward to it again!

Khadour on
    Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

edited February 2011
    :lol: yes that is over 300. If the rosters fill up it should be 400 folks. Be prepared to be stared at curiously by the general public as you move along in the crawl. Afterall, 100 people moving together in a group dressed alike is not a common sight. You should have seen the looks we were getting at Prime 2010 on the TWDT. We were stopping traffic.

It's going to be a blast.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Decius wrote: »
    :lol: yes that is over 300. If the rosters fill up it should be 400 folks. Be prepared to be stared at curiously by the general public as you move along in the crawl. Afterall, 100 people moving together in a group dressed alike is not a common sight. You should have seen the looks we were getting at Prime 2010 on the TWDT. We were stopping traffic.

Oh god, that was fun.

Everyone was looking at us like they knew something fun was going on, but that they could not be a part of it. Big sad puppy-dog eyes.

That said, we would have happily welcomed any muggles into Ravenclaw that wanted to tag along. The more the merrier!

Imperfect on
    edited February 2011
    Imperfect wrote: »

Oh god, that was fun.

Everyone was looking at us like they knew something fun was going on, but that they could not be a part of it. Big sad puppy-dog eyes.

That said, we would have happily welcomed any muggles into Ravenclaw that wanted to tag along. The more the merrier!

I loved when 6 of us stopped and waved at a passing car that was staring at us. I've never seen a more creeped out group of people.

Ca caw!

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Bob god Of ThnderBob god Of Thnder Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    I choose you, !Bulbasaur, Team A, +1

I'm the +1 so I suppose I should say Bulbasaur, Team A I choose you.

Though it makes no difference to the overall numbering of the team. Hopefully that's not too confusing.

Bob god Of Thnder on
  • fnhoserfnhoser Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    I choose you, Squirtle! Group A!

fnhoser on
  • ArkimidesArkimides Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    What if we arent going to get into town and available to get to one of the bars till 10pm, can we still participate?

Arkimides on
  • z24autoxz24autox Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Arkimides wrote: »
    What if we arent going to get into town and available to get to one of the bars till 10pm, can we still participate?

I was wondering the same, I will be able to meet up about an hour after the scheduled start.

z24autox on
  • ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Imperfect wrote: »

Oh god, that was fun.

I loved when 6 of us stopped and waved at a passing car that was staring at us. I've never seen a more creeped out group of people.

Ca caw!

CA-CAW!

Imperfect on
  • cyntheticcynthetic Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    z24autox wrote: »
    Arkimides wrote: »

I was wondering the same, I will be able to meet up about an hour after the scheduled start.

I'm not sure on the rules, but there is a Team Snorlax in place if you jump back a couple pages of the thread. They sound like a very exciting/welcoming bunch, if it turns out you can't be on a team (or if you decide on your own to forego the "official" teams)

cynthetic on
  • humaneherohumanehero Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I can be a sober person for one of the teams, I suppose. I've never done anything like this before, and it's my first PAX, but I want to participate although I don't drink.

humanehero on
    Pokemon White FC : 5157-2261-1679
    Steam ID : humanehero
    PSN : the78th
  • VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Khadour wrote: »
    O.o

This is why, as WSwan so succinctly put it, we "broke Boston" last year. Which, of course, was a fabulous time. Looking forward to it again!

While skimming I thought this said 'Brokeback Boston' and I was trying to figure out how I totally missed hearing about that.

VisionOfClarity on
  • arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Khadour wrote: »
    O.o

heh

it's a bit of a logistical nightmare ... Boston is pretty busy on Thursday nights and there aren't exactly a ton of large bars.

I think the route this year is looking fairly good, just need to hear from a few bars to confirm some info ...

arsonisfun on
    I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • TdarTURboTdarTURbo Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Can I be part of the Pokecrawl, or is there no space left.

TdarTURbo on
  • midbluemidblue Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Okay, enough lurking, time to pull the trigger. It was a tough choice, but I choose you, ¡Bulbasaur! Group B +1

I almost went with Team Blue because of the sweet glasses, but Team Green has a whole twitter account, so... yeah

This is my second year at PAX East but first time at the Pokecrawl... will I be shunned if I have never played Pokemon? :(

midblue on