As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Pre-PAX Bar Crawl] (Closed) Pokecrawl Episode 2: Mewtwo Strikes Back!

• Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    First things first:

All teams are closed.

While there are a few random spots here and there we do have some stragglers.
    Tasteticle wrote: »
    I choose you !Squirtle Group B + 3 friends

I had a blast at the tri wizard pub crawl some time ago so I am looking forward to this, thanks Atlus Parker

I moved you into Team Green Group B since Team Blue closed.

Attention! Team Yellow Group B! Currently you are a group consisting entirely of wild Pokemon as all leadership positions are open. Currently looking for volunteers to step up.

Now as we get closer to the event I'm going to start revealing the challenges. For example:
    Challenge 3: Warmup Trainer Duel vs

At the beginning of the bar crawl each trainer will be issued a Pokemon card along with their scorecard and button. For this challenge they must partner with a member of the opposing team whose card type matches theirs and take a shot or drink based on their card type.

For example, Team Blue's Jimmy was given a Gastly card which is a psychic type. He then finds Team Yellow's Jonny whose card is Nidorina which is also a psychic type. They meetup, shake hands, and get fucked up on a shot or drink of Jaeger.

Type List:
    Psychic (Purple): Jaeger
    Colorless (White): Wildcard!
    Lightning (Yellow): Tequila
    Fire (Red): Rum
    Fighting (Brown): Whiskey
    Grass (Green): Gin
    Water (Blue): Vodka

Note: If a trainer loses his or her card they must drink a double shot of their professor's choice. Don't be bad.

I will be posting the challenges ahead of time this year so there are no questions about what each one entails the day of the event.

Atlus Parker on
  • SirJohnBearSirJohnBear Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    OH GOD, CAN'T WAIT.

MY BODY IS READY. MY BODY IS READY. MY BODY IS READY.

SirJohnBear on
  • Obsolete ModelObsolete Model Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    How fitting is it that I am on the blue team and my least favorite drinks are Tequila and Gin.

Obsolete Model on
  • cyntheticcynthetic Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Here's hoping I don't get a purple or green card.

cynthetic on
    edited February 2011
    How fitting is it that I am on the blue team and my least favorite drinks are Tequila and Gin.

I feel your pain. Tequila may be the death of me that night.

SirJohnBear on
  • ProeliatorProeliator Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    C'mon, no purple... no wammies...

Proeliator on
  • LollerskateDJLollerskateDJ Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

I feel your pain. Tequila may be the death of me that night.

No way man, I got your back. We will conquer and persevere together!

Just no gin. I hate gin ;______;

LollerskateDJ on
    PAX EAST 2012 Status: [X] Confirmed for East [X] Badges [X]Money
    PAX East 2012 Shape-a-thon--Team Twitter Spam [LITE] -- Thinspiration!
    OMG Follow me! @LollerskateDJ
  • punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I am now remembering that I hate hard alcohol... oh well. I will tell my tongue to shut-the-eff-up and have fun anyway!

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • PukaPuka Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Just use flee. :'D

Puka on
    edited February 2011
    Puka wrote: »
    Just use flee. :'D

I see what you did there :o

SirJohnBear on
  • HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hoping I'm not yellow.

(And Nidorina isn't psychic. O.o)

Heleor on
  • greggturekgreggturek Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Me and my girlfriend would like to be on !Pikachu Team Yellow, please let us know if anyone drops out. Thanks.

MarmaladeBrat (Gregg Turek +1)

greggturek on
  • Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I. Will. Drink. ANYTHING. Also, in the same vein as the lucky Pika-Ears (CUTE, by the way) I'm making perler bead Pokeball pins. I'm not planning on bringing any of the other perler pins, just pokeballs. Call it a buck a ball? Those are all the kinds I plan to make. I'm in Team Green/Group B.

Menolly07 on
    Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Menolly07 wrote: »
    I. Will. Drink. ANYTHING. Also, in the same vein as the lucky Pika-Ears (CUTE, by the way) I'm making perler bead Pokeball pins. I'm not planning on bringing any of the other perler pins, just pokeballs. Call it a buck a ball? Those are all the kinds I plan to make. I'm in Team Green/Group B.

Badass! I am gonna get one :)

Rdr on
    edited February 2011
    Heleor wrote: »
    Hoping I'm not yellow.

In the card game most of the Nidoran family is lumped into Psychic. Nerd.

Atlus Parker on
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hoping I'm not yellow.

Is it wrong that I kind of figured that and had no problem with that grouping? Ha.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • AntonioAntonio Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    Me and my friend would like to join if any spots open up.
    We would like to be on !Bulbasaur Group A

Antonio + 1

Antonio on
    PaxEast 2011 Pokecrawl: Team Bulbasaur, Group A
  • HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hoping I'm not yellow.

That ... actually made sense and wasn't very insulting. Who are you and what have you done with Atlus?

Heleor on
  • cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hoping I'm not yellow.

Oh god it's a nerd fight
    lobsters.jpg

GO GO GO

cabsy on
    edited February 2011
    As Team Red will not be outdone by other, lesser teams we will also have several items available during the crawl.

-We will tentatively have a Delibird on hand with his sack full of presents. Don't question it. He's a foreign exchange student...from the future. For a donation to Child's play you'll be able to reach deep into his sack and pull out a random Burger King Pokemon toy from 1999. You know, these badass toys.

-We will also have shirts available with all proceeds going to Child's Play. They are perfect for going to the gym, a sporting event, or just going outside and getting exercise. We will have a good mix of sizes available. Take a look:
    ShowOffPokeShirt.png

So if you've picked Team Red you've made the right choice!

Atlus Parker on
  • BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Man... I'm even MORE sad I can't make it to PAX-E now... I want a team red shirt!

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • rentfnrentfn Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    As Team Red will not be outdone by other, lesser teams we will also have several items available during the crawl.

Those are Trainer Duel causing words!! But it is an honor to be copied by other teams ;)

rentfn on
    edited February 2011
    OMG those Charizard shirts are the shiz! Do want!

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • GalFridayGalFriday Community and Social Media Manager NovatoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    @rentfn; Yes, your shirts are awesome! Adorable and yet condoning drunkedness; a duality unmatched by most other garments. :D

A quick note on shirts; if someone from Team Yellow or Team Green or even Team Snorlax wants me to make a design similar to the one seen right here:
    ShowOffPokeShirt.png
    Then please respond in this thread or send me a PM. Team Red is having them professionally printed by VistaPrint, if you order in the next day or so they will reach you on time and if you get back to me quick like a bunny you can get the shirts for 50% off. (The VistaPrint sale goes on until then end of the day Sunday)

Maybe you want something a little different; that's fine! I will attempt to use any skills of an artist that I have to whip up what you ask for. Be kind; no bedazzling or glitter, that's just bad.

My turnaround time is pretty quick so just drop me a line. I'll provide the design, you order the shirts. Super easy!

GalFriday on
    @Ga1Friday is the twitter account I use to talk about everyday things. Sometimes work things. Lots of work things.
  • ikelewisikelewis Awesome Redmond, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    WANT!

-We will tentatively have a Delibird on hand with his sack full of presents. Don't question it. He's a foreign exchange student...from the future. For a donation to Child's play you'll be able to reach deep into his sack and pull out a random Burger King Pokemon toy from 1999. You know, these badass toys.

-We will also have shirts available with all proceeds going to Child's Play. They are perfect for going to the gym, a sporting event, or just going outside and getting exercise. We will have a good mix of sizes available. Take a look:
    ShowOffPokeShirt.png

So if you've picked Team Red you've made the right choice!

ikelewis on
  • GewurztraminGewurztramin Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    After I go drinking I usually like to enjoy something to eat before I go to bed. Anyone know places that will be open after the crawl? I'm guessing later than 2am. Something close preferably but I'm not opposed to a cab ride.

Also, if this isn't the appropriate place to post this let me know.

Gewurztramin on
  • cyntheticcynthetic Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    There's a late night diner on the point of interest map.

cynthetic on
  • lucazzolucazzo Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    After I go drinking I usually like to enjoy something to eat before I go to bed. Anyone know places that will be open after the crawl? I'm guessing later than 2am. Something close preferably but I'm not opposed to a cab ride.

Also, if this isn't the appropriate place to post this let me know.

South Street Diner will be open. The good news: it's great. The bad news: it barely fits 30 people, and it's consistently packed at 3am from Thurs-Sun.

I recommend looking up numbers for Domino's. Boston's not a good place to wait outside for a table.

lucazzo on
    PAX East '11 Team Squirtle Group B - Professor.
    PAX East '12 Team Totodile Gold - Professor
  • ArcticXCArcticXC Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Damn. You two really went above and beyond this year. Really need to step up my costume now.

ArcticXC on
  • macrogeekmacrogeek Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ooooh, I'm totally buying a shirt.

So, I scrolled the thread and may have missed it. What do we non drinkers do? Just don't take a scorecard and help wrangle the rest of the drunken herd?

Oh, might be a good time to mention, there are some excellent Blood Alcohol Level calculator apps for iOS and Android. You input your weight and how often you drink, and then start a session and input your drinks as you have them. It'll tell you where your level should be over time. Helps you count your drinks and slow down if you're overdoing it. We've found them to be a nice hangover prevention measure.

macrogeek on
  • ChronoHawkChronoHawk Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hey all,

Unfortunately, many of my +7 who were planning to join me have since changed their minds for various reasons (Arrival times, boyfriend/girlfriends not being of age, changing their mind about drinking before PAX, Peer pressure, etc.). The most relevant one being arrival times as several people aren't going to be in Boston until late Thursday night. Therefore, my + 7 is definitely getting reduced (potentially to just being me) Several of them want to join in, but seeing as they may not be arriving until 9-10, Idk if I should have them on the list.

I will have a definite amount shortly. Sorry for this short notice.

ChronoHawk on
    I am NOT Rider Miller!!!!

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    ach.png
  • GalFridayGalFriday Community and Social Media Manager NovatoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    ArcticXC wrote: »
    Damn. You two really went above and beyond this year. Really need to step up my costume now.

Thanks; to be fair the the Team Red shirt design was Atlus' idea.

Hi there Team Yellow and Team Green Professors! :mrgreen:

Rather than having three teams with a thematic shirt design I have made two entirely different designs for your respective teams. You may print them out on transfer paper, have them professionally printed, or skip it entirely, it is up to you. I hope that you like them. :)

Team Yellow:
    TeamYellow2.png

Team Green:
    TeamgreenShirt.png

PS
    Right now they are on opaque white backgrounds because it is my assumption that you will be printing the designs onto white shirts, if you want a copy of the design with a transparent background just let me know, that is totally doable. :)

GalFriday on
    @Ga1Friday is the twitter account I use to talk about everyday things. Sometimes work things. Lots of work things.
  • KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    a shot or drink of

That makes me happy. There are some things on that list that I absolutely can not stomach without putting it in a drink of some kind :P (Tequila is one of those)

Kiashien on
    The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • Mr.ChewieMr.Chewie Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    Does Team Blue get a Fantasticle shirt?!?!

Mr.Chewie on
    edited February 2011
    macrogeek wrote: »
    So, I scrolled the thread and may have missed it. What do we non drinkers do? Just don't take a scorecard and help wrangle the rest of the drunken herd?

You get to laugh at us all, take incriminating pictures, and torture us the next day by telling us we did things we don't remember doing (whether those things actually happened or not).
    Mr.Chewie wrote: »
    Does Team Blue get a Fantasticle shirt?!?!

Blue were the first ones to show shirt designs. I think there's a more recent post, but this one shows the design: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showpost.php?p=18307381&postcount=354

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    GalFriday wrote: »
    PS
    Right now they are on opaque white backgrounds because it is my assumption that you will be printing the designs onto white shirts, if you want a copy of the design with a transparent background just let me know, that is totally doable. :)

Those are plain, ol' pretty! What font did you use for the Team Green? I need that font BADLY!!! <3<3

Menolly07 on
    Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    GalFriday wrote: »
    ArcticXC wrote: »

Thanks; to be fair the the Team Red shirt design was Atlus' idea.

Hi there Team Yellow and Team Green Professors! :mrgreen:

Rather than having three teams with a thematic shirt design I have made two entirely different designs for your respective teams. You may print them out on transfer paper, have them professionally printed, or skip it entirely, it is up to you. I hope that you like them. :)

Team Yellow:
    TeamYellow2.png

Team Green:
    TeamgreenShirt.png

PS

Thanks for making us a design. :)

Rdr on
  • KiddKidd Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    yes team blue does - see this
    rentfn wrote: »
    Hey Team Blue. First Order of shirts are in. Just thought i would spam again in case any new BLue Team members missed it. I am making shirts for anyone who would want to donate five bucks. Here is the design
    Pokecrawl2-Blue_web.jpg

If you want one send me a PM with the sizes and how many. I should have a few extra just in cases. Well please PM if you would like one by March 3rd. Thanks again. sorry for the spam :)

Kidd on
  • contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    While it would be awesome if Team Snorlax had a shirt, I don't think there will be enough of us to warrant a full design. Someone could prove me wrong though.

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • torietorie Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    n00b question: I know bars haven't been announced yet, but are they going to be around the convention center, or in downtown/some other part of Boston that we need to take the T to get to? I'm trying to figure out what time I'd need to get bus tickets to Boston for, factoring in travel to and from the hotel to wherever we're meeting up.

Huge apologies if this has been answered already but the search function is broken and flipping through didn't turn anything up. Thank you!!

torie on