As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pre-PAX Bar Crawl] (Closed) Pokecrawl Episode 2: Mewtwo Strikes Back!

• Options
    TuftTuft Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    torie wrote: »
    n00b question: I know bars haven't been announced yet, but are they going to be around the convention center, or in downtown/some other part of Boston that we need to take the T to get to? I'm trying to figure out what time I'd need to get bus tickets to Boston for, factoring in travel to and from the hotel to wherever we're meeting up.

Huge apologies if this has been answered already but the search function is broken and flipping through didn't turn anything up. Thank you!!

I'm pretty sure they're in the Faneuil Hall area - T-accessible (south st I think?) but you might have to get a cab back if its late.

Tuft on
  • Options
    GalFridayGalFriday Community and Social Media Manager NovatoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Mr.Chewie wrote: »
    Does Team Blue get a Fantasticle shirt?!?!

As many have already mentioned, Team Blue already has a fantasticle shirt. :)

Menolly07 wrote: »
    Those are plain, ol' pretty! What font did you use for the Team Green? I need that font BADLY!!! <3<3

Thanks, and the name of the font is Daemonesque.

contrefait wrote: »
    While it would be awesome if Team Snorlax had a shirt, I don't think there will be enough of us to warrant a full design. Someone could prove me wrong though.

I'm on it.

And also, here are transparent versions of the Team Yellow and Team Green designs:
    TransparentTeamYellow.png
    TeamGreenTransparent.png

GalFriday on
    @Ga1Friday is the twitter account I use to talk about everyday things. Sometimes work things. Lots of work things.
  • Options
    gfishgfish Ottawa, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    GalFriday wrote: »
    @rentfn; Yes, your shirts are awesome! Adorable and yet condoning drunkedness; a duality unmatched by most other garments. :D

A quick note on shirts; if someone from Team Yellow or Team Green or even Team Snorlax wants me to make a design similar to the one seen right here:

My turnaround time is pretty quick so just drop me a line. I'll provide the design, you order the shirts. Super easy!

I like the concept, and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

gfish on
    -- PokeTron: Ampharos
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    While it would be awesome if Team Snorlax had a shirt, I don't think there will be enough of us to warrant a full design. Someone could prove me wrong though.

It's also not quite in the spirit of Team Snorlax, which a very very lazy spirit. Damn spirit needs to get a job.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Decius wrote: »

It's also not quite in the spirit of Team Snorlax, which a very very lazy spirit. Damn spirit needs to get a job.

And get off my lawn..

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm not even ON Team Snorlax and I want that goddamn shirt.

Imperfect on
  • Options
    GalFridayGalFriday Community and Social Media Manager NovatoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Imperfect wrote: »
    I'm not even ON Team Snorlax and I want that goddamn shirt.

Well you could always print it out and make your own; do not forget that you are on a team with arguably the coolest Charizard shirt ever made on PAX forums. :mrgreen:

GalFriday on
    @Ga1Friday is the twitter account I use to talk about everyday things. Sometimes work things. Lots of work things.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    :oops: Now with new and improved forum friendly file sizes. :oops:
    gfish wrote: »

I like the concept, and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Sorry no newsletter, and I tend to only Photoshop for drinking related events, an odd caveat I know but one that I have chosen to live by. ;)

Team Snorlax! Would you like a shirt design?

Here they are, on white (I humbly suggest this design for a white shirt), transparent, and a picture showing ideal placement. (Well ideal placement in my opinion)
    SnorlaxRegular-1.png
    SnorlaxTransparent-1.png
    TeamSnorlaxOnShirt-1.png

GalFriday on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Actually? I wish to collect ALL the shirts.

It's rather in the spirit of the thing.

Imperfect on
  • Options
    contrefaitcontrefait Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Now this is what being on Team Snorlax is all about. Getting someone else to make the shirt for you ;)

contrefait on
    PAX East 2016 Checklist
    Passes: ▬ Hotel: ▬ Flight: [color=red]☑[/color]
  • Options
    AurorBKAurorBK Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Tuft wrote: »
    n00b question: I know bars haven't been announced yet, but are they going to be around the convention center, or in downtown/some other part of Boston that we need to take the T to get to? I'm trying to figure out what time I'd need to get bus tickets to Boston for, factoring in travel to and from the hotel to wherever we're meeting up.

Huge apologies if this has been answered already but the search function is broken and flipping through didn't turn anything up. Thank you!!

I'm pretty sure they're in the Faneuil Hall area - T-accessible (south st I think?) but you might have to get a cab back if its late.

He is correct that the bars are going to be in the Faneuil Hall area, but the T information is incorrect. That area is best reached by the Government Center stop on the Green/Blue lines and State St. on the Orange line. If on the Red line, I would go to Park St. and take any Green line train one stop to Government Center to get there.

Also, definitely agree on the last part. The trains stop running sometime between 12:30 and 1:30 (from my experience it depends on the night really), and bars close at 2am (mostly). So unless you leave the crawl around midnight to catch the T (since you might have to change lines somewhere down the way and aren't guaranteed to make a connection if you are on the "last" train), you are most likely going to be walking about a 30 minute walk to the convention center area if you are staying around there in temp probably around freezing, or split a cab ($5 a person if you get a few people heading the same way).

AurorBK on
  • Options
    Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Now this is what being on Team Snorlax is all about. Getting someone else to make the shirt for you ;)
    ^
    this.

Menolly07 on
    Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I do not think, though, that The Pokecrawl is about collecting shirts; it is about getting so drunk that you do not remember how you turned your shirt inside out. (inside out right)

GalFriday on
  • Options
    midnightforevermidnightforever Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    aaagh again I've missed the signups :( This is triwizard 3 all over again.

I choose you! any group that's open! (+1) I'll be nice I promise :)

midnightforever on
  • Options
    RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I do not think, though, that The Pokecrawl is about collecting shirts; it is about getting so drunk that you do not remember how you turned your shirt inside out. (inside out right)

This!

Honestly, I don't think Team Yellow will have an abundance of shirts unless one of the people in the Team goes all out. I suspect that people will print the design on a transfer sheet or something. That's what I am going to do most likely.

Rdr on
  • Options
    TuftTuft Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    AurorBK wrote: »

I'm pretty sure they're in the Faneuil Hall area - T-accessible (south st I think?) but you might have to get a cab back if its late

... and State St.

State St! That's the one I was thinking of, began with S, was five letters - close!

Tuft on
  • Options
    stellabambinostellabambino Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Crap, missed my chance :(

stellabambino on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Crap, missed my chance :(

Not really. I've already had 2 people drop out on my team. Just say you want to be considered if there are openings. There's always Team Snorlax as well.

Rdr on
  • Options
    ProeliatorProeliator Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Thank you so very much for the designs, GalFriday! Here's a result:
    shirtdesign.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Proeliator on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    GalFriday, maybe not ALL about the shirts, but your designs have certainly helped. I know that I wasn't sure what I was going to wear with the Bulbusaur themed skirt I'm making. That shirt design will be perfect on a cream coloured T. I've got transfer papers left over from when I made a friend an Oregon Trail shirt.

Menolly07 on
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    macrogeek wrote: »
    Ooooh, I'm totally buying a shirt.

So, I scrolled the thread and may have missed it. What do we non drinkers do? Just don't take a scorecard and help wrangle the rest of the drunken herd?

I don't have any concrete guides for the sober assistants other than to work closely with the Professors and Assistants to ensure everything goes smoothly. I think the two biggest responsibilities will be helping the group navigate from bar to bar as well as getting taxis for people at the end of the night.
    ChronoHawk wrote: »
    Hey all,

Unfortunately, many of my +7 who were planning to join me have since changed their minds for various reasons (Arrival times, boyfriend/girlfriends not being of age, changing their mind about drinking before PAX, Peer pressure, buzzkills, bad etc.).

Dropped you to a +2 for now.

Yeah the T is iffy hence why the Pokecrawl starts and "ends" earlier than usual so people do have the option to jump on the T if they choose to do so.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Challenge 5: Clone Battle vs

As your journey comes to a close Mewtwo reveals his final trick: He has cloned your Pokemon! You must now face off against them in a mirror match.

Choose a partner that looks like you from your other team's group. One person buys the same shot or drink for the both of you then the other does the same. Keep drinking with your clone buddy until you realize what it truly means to be alive or whatever bullshit Mewtwo Strikes Back was trying to teach us.

For example, Team Blue Group A's Keith sees that he looks very similar to Team Blue Group B's Kyle. He approaches him, shakes his hand, and declares his intent to kung fu clone battle him. Kyle accepts. Keith buys himself and Kyle a Scooby Snack. In return Kyle buys himself and Keith a Sex on the Beach. This continues until they both break down and cry, now knowing what it truly means to be alive. They may then stop. Really. Stop.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    That may take a while for some of more manly types who have had our tear ducts permanently sealed by testosterone.

That and we're raging alcoholics.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    SammySammy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Challenge 5: Clone Battle vs

As your journey comes to a close Mewtwo reveals his final trick: He has cloned your Pokemon! You must now face off against them in a mirror match.

Choose a partner that looks like you from your other team's group. One person buys the same shot or drink for the both of you then the other does the same. Keep drinking with your clone buddy until you realize what it truly means to be alive or whatever bullshit Mewtwo Strikes Back was trying to teach us. [...] This continues until they both break down and cry, now knowing what it truly means to be alive. They may then stop. Really. Stop.

*stuffs some more tissues into her "med kit"*

Sammy on
    Go Team !Squirtle!!!! Nurse Joy Pokecrawl '11

PAX EAST 2012: HOTEL [X] FLIGHT [] PASSES [X] TIME OFF []
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    That may take a while for some of more manly types who have had our tear ducts permanently sealed by testosterone.

I will cry like a bitch and hug my lookalike just so we don't have to keep taking shots for that challenge. Haha.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    redfield85 wrote: »

I will cry like a bitch and hug my lookalike just so we don't have to keep taking shots for that challenge. Haha.

The challenge clearly states that you must continue drinking, " until you realize what it truly means to be alive" so if trickery is the route you are taking... well now just what does that say about you? :shock:

Better to drink until stumbling into a liquor induced Nirvana just to be sure you earn the button. :wink:

GalFriday on
  • Options
    gfishgfish Ottawa, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The challenge clearly states that you must continue drinking, " until you realize what it truly means to be alive" so if trickery is the route you are taking... well now just what does that say about you? :shock:

Better to drink until stumbling into a liquor induced Nirvana just to be sure you earn the button. :wink:

Q. F. T.

gfish on
    -- PokeTron: Ampharos
  • Options
    Obsolete ModelObsolete Model Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    :

Well trickery sounds right for about a quarter of us. ;-)

Obsolete Model on
  • Options
    jujujuju [E] Line Entertainment! Brookline, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I like the shirts, but I'd rather see people dress in costumes. That's where the fun really is.

Atlus, if people dress in team T-shirts, do they count as "dressed"?? D:

juju on
    PAX East '10-16 Pokecrawl || Team Green's Awesome PokeProf!
    PAX Prime '10-'13 Triwizard Drinking Tournament || Hufflepuff Head of House!
    Twitter: @jujukoo
    [E]
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    juju wrote: »
    I like the shirts, but I'd rather see people dress in costumes. That's where the fun really is.

Atlus, if people dress in team T-shirts, do they count as "dressed"?? D:

As always this decision is left up to the group's professor.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    so if trickery is the route you are taking... well now just what does that say about you? :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGnfH8X9Na0

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    juju wrote: »

I totally agree, dressing in full costume is much more fun :) Can't wait to see your sexy grass Pokemon costume Juju! :mrgreen:

GalFriday on
  • Options
    adesteradester Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wish I could of showed up for it this year but I don't want to miss school as much as I can. I will be showing up about 10 at night on Thursday. :(

EDIT: On Thursday not Friday.

adester on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    But.... But... BUT!! I made a bulbusaur themed SKIRT!! That's gotta count for something right.... Right?!?! It's so... Cute... And.. Now I have a sad. All the people in costumes will just make me sadder. This means I'll need lots and lots and lots of encouraging hugs. *sniffle* Or I may start to cry long before the fifth challenge.

Menolly07 on
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Does this count as a costume if I don't wear the headband or bring Turtwig?
    5489412683_44d00759c2.jpg

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Does this count as a costume if I don't wear the headband or bring Turtwig?
    5489412683_44d00759c2.jpg

I would destroy you at beer pong, sucka.

Rdr on
  • Options
    RDubbRDubb Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So does vomiting on your doppelganger count as discovering Mewtwo's bullshit?

RDubb on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Are there really 400 people doing this? What the shit?

Goose! on
  • Options
    DStalefishDStalefish Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Goose! wrote: »

I'd wager a guess there'll be more than that just from people tagging along.

DStalefish on
    [E] 09, 10E, 10P, 11E, 11P, 12E
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    DStalefish wrote: »
    Goose! wrote: »

I'd wager a guess there'll be more than that just from people tagging along.

Nearly guarantee it. The group I hung around with at the last bar at Prime '10 was composed nearly entirely of taggers-along.

Imperfect on