Options

[M&M] Trinity City OOC

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    My character was an investigator for the corp. He got too close to a rogue VP's project involving chaotic energies the VP in question attempted to have him killed. But it didn't work quite as planned and now my character has adopted the name Shadow and attempts to expose the corruption of the company. He's been watching you, seeing if you're potential allies.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Observing on the scene, or watching camera footage?

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ooooh, Thom will be the shadow. He knows the darkness that dwells in mens hearts. :)

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Observing on the scene, or watching camera footage?

On scene. Darkness control as the main array with an invisibility alternate power for his force field.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    So I might see something odd in my hawk form? Ripples in the air?

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    So I might see something odd in my hawk form? Ripples in the air?

An animal form could smell him.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I'd sense something odd trotting about as a wolf, then. Should probably stat up both of those soon.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Also since I have my idea how many points/power level are we starting at?

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Presumably 10/150. Can I communicate with animals when I'm in the appropriate form?

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    10/150, yes.

I'm getting readjusted to the rules; I don't think there's going to be any significant curveballs but I am going to see if I can run a variant with static save defenses and attackers rolling against them - I need to run the math, but it appeals because it cuts down on the back and forth a ton and allows us to play faster.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    You'll need our character sheets eventually, right?

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Well yeah :P

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Oh, by the way, any such variant should be transparent and just involve a handful of derived stats, so don't worry about spending points the wrong way. If need be we can review, anyway.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I need separate stats for each animal form, right? And those should just be Str/Dex/etc, saves, and feats, since animals wouldn't have powers or skills?

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I should have mine finished tonight. I need to finalize a couple of things and make sure I didn't make any choice I regret. Basic info:

Darkness Control Array with:
    Dazzle (Blindness)
    Drain constitution
    Teleport (Area)

Force Field Array with:
    Invisibility as alternate

And Damage as a melee attack for his shadow knives.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I've uh
    never played M&M before

I have no idea about the rules D: I thought they were going to be explained!

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Rivs I get 5xShapeshifting rank power points in each animal I want, or in all of them combined? I want a wolf for fighting, a hawk for flying/recon, and a squirrel for inside stuff/nimbleness/stealth. Possibly others as well, but those three are my main focus right now. And I should probably stat the differences between my alien and human forms, but since I don't anticipate ever having to use the former, I don't see much point.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I need separate stats for each animal form, right? And those should just be Str/Dex/etc, saves, and feats, since animals wouldn't have powers or skills?

An animal could likely have different powers (representing claws, bites, or other attacks) or skills (bonuses to Notice or Acrobatics for a cat, for example).

You receive 5xShapeshifting PP for each form you shift into when you shift into that form. Note that you can also reallocate points spent on Physical stuff - so you may want to note the calculations for that separately.

My recommendation would basically be to keep separate stat blocks, I suppose.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    So if I change from 16 Charisma as a human to 4 as a wolf, I get 12 extra points to use for lupine purchases?

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The Shapeshifting description specifies "physical" traits.

So you could lower Str, Dex or Con to get extra points, but not (to my understanding) Int, Cha or Wis.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Charisma's mental, not physical.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Zed is lurking us

DO NOT EAT ME ZED

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Just an interested bystander. No eating intended.

I've only played a couple of times, but that one I knew the answer to.

OptimusZed on

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    So I don't get bonus points for lowering Charisma. Do I still have to pay for raising Wisdom?

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    So I don't get bonus points for lowering Charisma. Do I still have to pay for raising Wisdom?

If you're doing it as part of another form, yes.

OptimusZed on

• Options
    edited January 2011
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    The Beast Boy template should give me most of what I need, thanks Thom. Though I'm going to have to look at this stuff for a while, as it's not written too clearly.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Actually, now that I look at this, I think what I really want is an alien with most of the properties of the feline form, plus a generous helping of stealth, some skills reflecting getting through the screening process of the portal crossing, and the power to change in size as a direct result of the portal. Sorry if you went to a lot of trouble to find that stuff, Thom, but it was indirectly pretty helpful.

Of course, now I have to figure out what Jessica looks like in her ordinary form, since that's all she has. Hmm. A bit less humanoid than Turians, but more so than hanar...

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Actually, now that I look at this, I think what I really want is an alien with most of the properties of the feline form, plus a generous helping of stealth, some skills reflecting getting through the screening process of the portal crossing, and the power to change in size as a direct result of the portal. Sorry if you went to a lot of trouble to find that stuff, Thom, but it was indirectly pretty helpful.

Of course, now I have to figure out what Jessica looks like in her ordinary form, since that's all she has. Hmm. A bit less humanoid than Turians, but more so than hanar...

Not much effort. Atomic Thinktank is the official M&M forums and they have quick links to a lot of questions like that.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    ...I'm basically making Beast from the X-Men with Giant-Man's power.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    10 ranks of an array can allow for a lot of limited power.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Okay, so I have a better idea of my character. He's kind of a by-the-books type. He won't ignore things that need to get done, but he prefers to be methodical rather than "fly by the seat of your pants."

As far as abilities go, I'm thinking conjuration and/or manipulation of ice (freezing enemies, creating ice slicks, stuff like that) as well as some useful amount of martial arts prowess.

He started out as a grunt for the corporation, doing security in the higher-level experimental facilities. A freak accident with one of the corporation's portal devices exposes him to some frigid otherworld. Short enough to let him live... long enough to turn him icy blue and grant him an elemental affinity.

Now he's much more intimately involved with the company he works for... sometimes he is the subject for experiments, and sometimes he is an operative for those tasks that require a cool head.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Ahaha.

For sheer audacity, I'm making the city a floating island built on top of an oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico. :3

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Okay, so I have a better idea of my character. He's kind of a by-the-books type. He won't ignore things that need to get done, but he prefers to be methodical rather than "fly by the seat of your pants."

As far as abilities go, I'm thinking conjuration and/or manipulation of ice (freezing enemies, creating ice slicks, stuff like that) as well as some useful amount of martial arts prowess.

He started out as a grunt for the corporation, doing security in the higher-level experimental facilities. A freak accident with one of the corporation's portal devices exposes him to some frigid otherworld. Short enough to let him live... long enough to turn him icy blue and grant him an elemental affinity.

Now he's much more intimately involved with the company he works for... sometimes he is the subject for experiments, and sometimes he is an operative for those tasks that require a cool head.

Cold control array.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    How much would it cost to have a belt/necklace-mounted device that could be instantly activated to make Jessica look like an attractive human woman? (So Quick Change, hard to lose, and Attractive)

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    How much would it cost to have a belt/necklace-mounted device that could be instantly activated to make Jessica look like an attractive human woman? (So Quick Change, hard to lose, and Attractive)

It would be a Device power costing 4 PP with Illusion (Rank 1, 4 PP) + Action PF for a total of five. I think.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    And I need to spend a point to know English as well as my native language? (Just making sure)

It looks like I can spend 32 points on 8 ranks of Growth (from medium to huge), and get 16 ranks of Shrink with normal strength retained at all small sizes for free, because each costs the same and they list each other at alternate powers. Yes?

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    And I need to spend a point to know English as well as my native language? (Just making sure)

It looks like I can spend 32 points on 8 ranks of Growth (from medium to huge), and get 16 ranks of Shrink with normal strength retained at all small sizes for free, because each costs the same and they list each other at alternate powers. Yes?

Yes, but you have to spend one point for the alternate power/array. So 33 points.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    A handy spreadsheet for the making of mans:
    http://www.filefactory.com/file/b50h0b2/n/mnm_oocb_2.15.ods

It is in Open Office Spreadsheet format. And the PL10 cheat sheet: Here you go.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'll try to make Michelle this Friday, maaaaybe sooner
    exams this week, you see :P

Antimatter on