Options

[M&M] Trinity City OOC

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Okay, Rivs: took your advice to nudge down TP and used your telepathy-sense. I didn't have any plans for the sense to be a mass mind-read, more of a mini-radar. Attack is +10 and Defense is +6 and I bumped Fort up 1. I could maybe use more Defense but I feel like I have a ton of defensive feats, so let's just roll with it (barring any errors) and see how it works?

CC: I used one of your names. :>
    James Haddock

10/150

Stats (37)

STR: 14
    DEX: 20
    CON: 14
    INT: 14
    WIS: 20
    CHA: 15

Combat (32)

Attack: +10 (20)
    Damage: Unarmed +2, Ranged +3 pistol, +4 SMG
    Defense: +6 (12)
    Initiative: +9 (incl. feat)

Saving Throws (3)

Toughness +4 (1, +1 Defensive Roll)
    Fortitude +4 (2)
    Reflex +5
    Will +5

Skills (24)

Acrobatics 12 (3)
    Bluff 8 (2)
    Climb 8 (2)
    Computers 8 (2)
    Concentration 6 (1.5)
    Disable Device 4 (1)
    Intimidate 4 (1)
    Investigate 10 (2.5)
    Notice 10 (2.5)
    Search 10 (2.5)
    Sense Motive 8 (2)
    Stealth 8 (2)
    Swim 2 (.5)
    Drive 2 (.5)
    Medicine 8 (2)

Feats (31)

Combat telepathy: Set Up, Teamwork, Redirect (3)

Martial Arts: Blind fight, Defensive Roll, Grappling Finesse, Improved Critical (firearms), Move-by Action, Acrobatic Bluff, Evasion, Stunning Attack, Improved Defense (9)

Telepathic awareness: Elusive Target, Improved Initiative, Uncanny Dodge (3)

Firearms: Precise Shot, Quick Draw (2)

Psi-Related: Assessment, Well-informed, Hide in Plain Sight, Fascinate (4)

Employee: Benefit: General Security Clearance, Contacts: Info Pool Dept. (2)

Equipment (8)

15 - SMG (12) + scope (1) + sight (1) + suppressor (1)
    4 - Smoke Grenade
    4 - Trinity Body Armor / Vest
    2 - Trinity Headgear - gas mask (1) + night vision (1)
    5 - Flashlight, handcuffs, cool gadgety phone, multitool (1 each)
    7 - Light Pistol (6) + suppressor (1)
    (37 / 40 eq points)

Powers (23)

Telepathy 7 (15), with Communication 1 for language independence

Super-Senses (Blindsight [Mind Reading], Radius Blindsight, Mental Awareness, Danger Sense, Tracking Blindsight) (8)

desc on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Rivs, how did you average four whole numbers and end up with an answer with one or two thirds?

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Rivs, how did you average four whole numbers and end up with an answer with one or two thirds?

The average is off. It's more a curiosity than anything. I'll post a fixed version in a little bit.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I think that looks right. especially if there is an base 10+defense.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Just an update: I know you're really eager to get started and so am I!

I've just been busy being sick and with some family stuff.

Sorry for the delay.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Coming in February from Arrowhead Comics:

Trinity City #1: What do an alien, a caped crusader, a plant-woman and a corporate "fixer" have in common? They're all trapped in a burning slum with two murderous gangs and a host of innocents! But this isn't just any slum - it's on the artificial island of Trinity City, Louisiana - home to the mysterious Trinity Corporation, which transcends the laws of physics, nature, and even reality! Written by Doug Esc and Matt Azzyx. Pencils by Anna Rivia. Inks by Capt. S.C. Carrot. Cover by T. Hom. New monthly comic. Alternate cover available as retailer incentive.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    buying two die-cut hologram cover copies

double bagging both

desc on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Captain C. Arrot, L.E.

dis is goin' in da scrapbook for Momma

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    LE?

I went with SC for Stephen Colbert.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Oh, I was just making another pun. Legion Etrangere, since Arrot seems French. S. C. Carrot works better, yes.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    8Nyy

here's the requested updated data table.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    The OP is looking to be over 1000 words and as such finishing it will wait for tomorrow.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I am so excited. And I just can't hide it. *picture of Bumblebee from Transformers dancing here*

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Me neither!

Just gotta get food and drugs and then I am back to writing OP.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I'm thinking Jessica can use Acrobatics to jump and climb these thugs, distracting them and putting them off-balance, ripe for desc to lay down some damage.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I am waiting to see how many I tie up with my roots, was a bleh roll but should get them flatfooted at least.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Sorry, got my wires a little crossed on the best way to handle things.

Full defenses will go up with the first round update, but for the record, you missed them all. (Being flat-footed doesn't influence Reflex save, and by extension, Reflex defense.)

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Last second:

Character motivation: "I have a right to know." A little bit of impulsiveness and a lot of telepathy training = a sense of info-entitlement. Either a bit of an explorer or a guy who needs to learn to respect boundaries, depending on how you want to phrase it.

I don't really have a good sense of what to apply the free ultimate toasted -- a plain Jane attack roll once per story when we gotta get in a little more dps?

desc on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Rivs I just wanna make sure I did the math right for the power. I know it was a crap roll so I am not worried about missing. But its power level+1d20 verse save+10 right? For the dc I mean.

Also need to find my real dice, electronic dice rollers hate me. I have been using the one from wotc.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    desc wrote: »
    Last second:

Character motivation: "I have a right to know." A little bit of impulsiveness and a lot of telepathy training = a sense of info-entitlement. Either a bit of an explorer or a guy who needs to learn to respect boundaries, depending on how you want to phrase it.

I don't really have a good sense of what to apply the free ultimate toasted -- a plain Jane attack roll once per story when we gotta get in a little more dps?

Ultimate toasted? Do you mean the ultimate effort feat?

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I'm thinking Jessica can use Acrobatics to jump and climb these thugs, distracting them and putting them off-balance, ripe for desc to lay down some damage.

I have Precise Shot, so this would work well. Mazzy is tangling them so I ought to engage your target for this first round.

desc on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Last second:

Clearly my iPhone put it's freebie into Ultimate Effort: Spelling Correction. Effort, yeah.

desc on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Last second:

Clearly my iPhone put it's freebie into Ultimate Effort: Spelling Correction. Effort, yeah.

With the ultimate effort feat, you apply it to a skill/attack/save/whatever. And what it lets you do is spend a hero point to get a free 20. A more full explanation:
    When spending a hero point on a particular task, you treat the roll as a 20 (meaning you don't need to roll the die at all, just apply a result of 20 to your modifier). This is not a natural 20, but is treated as a roll of 20 in all other respects. You choose the particular action the feat applies to when you acquire it and the GM must approve it. You can take Ultimate Effort multiple times, each time, it applies to a different action.

The following are potential Ultimate Efforts. The GM is free to add any others suitable to the campaign.

* Ultimate Aim: When you take the time to aim an attack (see Aim), you can spend a hero point to apply a 20 result to the attack roll. Since the Ultimate Aim bonus is not a natural 20, it also does not qualify as an automatic or critical hit, however.
    * Ultimate Save: You can spend a hero point to apply a 20 result to a saving throw with one type of save (Toughness, Fortitude, Reflex, or Will).
    * Ultimate Skill: You can spend a hero point to apply a 20 result to checks with a particular skill.

Next: It's all about the power! We begin a multi-part preview of super-powers in Mutants & Materminds, starting with power descriptors and countering powers.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

I have Precise Shot, so this would work well. Mazzy is tangling them so I ought to engage your target for this first round.

I seemed to have missed, but I have precise shot 2 as well so I should be able to at least get one with my first arrow and entangle them if you guys get into melee.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Actually, I was planning to target all three of the thugs with my routine, but Rivs might not allow that, so good plan.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Rivs I just wanna make sure I did the math right for the power. I know it was a crap roll so I am not worried about missing. But its power level+1d20 verse save+10 right? For the dc I mean.

Also need to find my real dice, electronic dice rollers hate me. I have been using the one from wotc.

Correct.

For every combatant once we're actually in rounds, save defenses and defense will be posted so it's simply a roll and compare.

For reference, you missed some of them by one.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Also Mazzy and Carrot know each other but the rest of you don't so no planning! :P

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    We know each other out of character, and this is the OOC thread. ;-)

also desc post your action already so we can get on with kicking their butts

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    We know each other out of character, and this is the OOC thread. ;-)

also desc post your action already so we can get on with kicking their butts

Metagaming is generally frowned upon.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    And would take the punch out of the post-fight "who the fuck are you" conversation.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Arivia wrote: »
    Also Mazzy and Carrot know each other but the rest of you don't so no planning! :P

Hee

Fair enough, I just made a snap shot at machete guy then.

desc on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Roll up a damage check too, desc.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Now the thugs take their turns, right?

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    1d20 + agil bonus + weapon dam bonus for a ranged shot damage? Just realized I don't have rules on my Phone.

desc on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Just 1d20+5+weapon bonus. Dex bonus isn't included for guns.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Updated post.

desc on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    How does the +5 damage bonus work for split attack? Do I split it, or does it get added to both attacks? I'm guessing split because adding it to both attacks seems kinda powerful.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Rivs, if Jessica rolls well on Acrobatics to climb and jump around on these thugs, what effect would that have on them? I'm thinking some sort of penalty to attack or defense to reflect confusion and surprise, maybe?

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    P.S. This is my superhero rpg face -> }:3

desc on