As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[M&M] Trinity City OOC

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ugh this spreadsheet copy seems to hate, will update from the computer it is on later today.

Edit: Previous post with the last half that didn't copy for some reason. I blame user error. So there are the powers and such Rivs.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Carrot, you are the silliest of gooses.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    What? How? And do you mean silly goose in the normal sense of a kooky person or the board sense of jackass?

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    What? How? And do you mean silly goose in the normal sense of a kooky person or the board sense of jackass?

Kooky person.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Oh, okay. Are you judging my kookiness from my IC roleplaying with Mazzyx?

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Oh, okay. Are you judging my kookiness from my IC roleplaying with Mazzyx?

No. The NPC thing.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Desc, we don't need to head up to the roof, we're already there.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Oh, you guys even said "meet us here," for some reason I was thinking everyone was still ground level. I'll edit.

desc on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I'll bet the batcave doesn't have ice cream. Team Trinity Fugitives: 1, Bruce Wayne: 0.

edit: re: an incredibly dumb and condescending thing face IC. you guys know the tone of voice and facial expression I'm talking about: the exact face of a dude who is about to mansplain something and then get punched as a result.

Aaaaand I'm out to see fam and friends for a bit, will be back this evening to see if there are updates.

desc on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Mazz, it would have been hilarious if Pine had said "Your boyfriend" instead of "this guy".

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm just watching you dudes hang each other right now.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Well, once Thom posts, assuming he hasn't left again for the day, we can get the plot going again.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Well, once Thom posts, assuming he hasn't left again for the day, we can get the plot going again.

Sunday is my day for sleeping late. It's also my day for napping. I make no apologies for this.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I wasn't trying to scold you, I was just saying that you had the next major move.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    In case you've forgotten, Carrot, buildings are on fire and as Thom noted, there's a gang war raging. Also it's night. Not particularly a time to sell dresses or buy burritos.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Ah, good point. I was thinking a late-night stand or something, but I guess that wouldn't really work. Well, Jessica smells burritos - or she smells what she thinks are burritos? Maybe there's a basket of vegetables in a burning house or something? A new group of thugs to deal with?

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    No burritos!

Well, we know the seed for the next story: Operation: BURRITO TIME

desc on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    (fortitude check for Jessica to keep from hurling, as she smells it better than Pine and everyone else is farther away)

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Rivs, does Trinity have water towers for fighting fires? Alternately, would it be viable to grab a large container and fill it from the ocean, or would that take too long to help very much?

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Thom, I thought we were moving along with you. Are you just gone from the scene for now? I can edit my post.

desc on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    desc wrote: »
    Thom, I thought we were moving along with you. Are you just gone from the scene for now? I can edit my post.

I did head off. No need change your post though. He disappeared subtly.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I'll update later today. Say 5-ish.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Early!

Thom you may ingratiate yourself as you see fit.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    You know, the way that's written it almost seems like the thugs are protecting the people and think we're going to beat them up.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    And in another back alley, there's a bloodied and broken Wolf who spit up information about masked men and a plant lady who beat up his team...

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Also Mazzy, your changes are approved.

Thom, people are so thick in the buildings you're going to get more than two civilians unless you specifically pare down, just 'cause they're in the area. Also the other clear plaza where you had your first fight is within range for you.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Arivia wrote: »

Thom, people are so thick in the buildings you're going to get more than two civilians unless you specifically pare down, just 'cause they're in the area. Also the other clear plaza where you had your first fight is within range for you.

I'm going to end up teleporting my max load with each trip. 300 lbs worth of people who aren't me. Are there enough people in that room I ported to exceed that?

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    fucking shark gangs and their anti-burrito agenda

Somebody should do something about all the crimes

desc on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    The beef must flow

somebody should punch him in the mask

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I was debating a clever Sense Motive or telepathy quickie on these guys, but I'm pretty sure their motive is "kick ass, lol about it."

I suspect a quick beatdown is imminent so we can rescue bystanders.

desc on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Yup. Though whoever tries should probably roll Notice to see the Shadow doing his thing.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, I don't really have a sense of our geography and was wondering that -- is he close enough that we could perceive him?

I was thinking I could run a mental scan of the nearby buildings (and anyone about to get the drop on us from behind in shark masks or what have you) before any fisticuffs, in which case there'd be a chance he'd be picked up as the one non-panicky person, I suppose? Was more thinking about lurking goons than anything though.

desc on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Oh, no, I meant that anyone near the trapped people would probably see the Shadow popping in and out.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    ohhhhh yeah

well, who's goin' in?

Thom's saving dudes but we don't know. I don't want to blather on too much IC because I feel like those shark guys would react before we could finish a long conversation.

Either someone should go in and the other two people fuss with the goons, or we go straight at the goons first. I might lean towards the second option as a realistic response to "threatening guys in freak-ass masks up our business."

I do have a gas mask though!

desc on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »

I'm going to end up teleporting my max load with each trip. 300 lbs worth of people who aren't me. Are there enough people in that room I ported to exceed that?

They're malnourished and underfed - if you teleport out right now, you'll get mom dad and the 1.5 average american children.

To phrase my point another way - it's a slum tenement. There's people above, below, and on the other sides of paper thin walls. Don't worry too much about explicitly finding people.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    desc wrote: »
    ohhhhh yeah

well, who's goin' in?

Thom's saving dudes but we don't know. I don't want to blather on too much IC because I feel like those shark guys would react before we could finish a long conversation.
    Don't worry, talking is a free action. :P But yeah, we should move soon.
    Either someone should go in and the other two people fuss with the goons, or we go straight at the goons first. I might lean towards the second option as a realistic response to "threatening guys in freak-ass masks up our business."

I do have a gas mask though!
    Well, we could talk to them and see if they'll help rescue people before we fight. Odds are they're the kind of gang that doesn't give a shit about innocent people getting hurt, though.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Well, we could talk to them and see if they'll help rescue people before we fight. Odds are they're the kind of gang that doesn't give a shit about innocent people getting hurt, though.

Let's call it what it is: they wouldn't save people in a fire and they don't care that they are interfering with burritos. They hate us for our freedoms.

desc on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I suppose you're right.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I'll update tomorrow, probably around noon, gents.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg