As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [chat] network

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce
    bleep bopp blepe boop bleep bobboep
    unce unce unce unce unce unce unce unce

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Kagera wrote: »
    So, did anyone else buy their $40 PS3 from Target? They're not going to honor this, but it's a fun thought. On the off chance they do, yay!

On the opening day of the Wal-Mart I work at someone had mispriced PS3s as $99. We honored the first customer to notice the error then immediately changed the labeled accordingly.

They haven't fixed the label yet. My friend bought one at $40 8 hours ago, and it's still $40. I'm assuming they're just going to cancel them en masse. They'd lose a ridiculous amount of money if they actually honored it.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Feral wrote: »
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    I have not the ear to delineate between the 5 million different genres of music with beep boops in it.

Listen to more beep boops.

and take mind altering substances?

Well yes, but that's not necessarily related.

Incendentally related?

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So, did anyone else buy their $40 PS3 from Target? They're not going to honor this, but it's a fun thought. On the off chance they do, yay!

On the opening day of the Wal-Mart I work at someone had mispriced PS3s as $99. We honored the first customer to notice the error then immediately changed the labeled accordingly.

They haven't fixed the label yet. My friend bought one at $40 8 hours ago, and it's still $40. I'm assuming they're just going to cancel them en masse. They'd lose a ridiculous amount of money if they actually honored it.

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinteresting

We've all probably missed the boat, yes?

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Nope.

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-3/dp/B0009VXAM0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1295246395&sr=8-1

Feel free to give it a shot, but I don't think anything will come of it.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Nope.

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-3/dp/B0009VXAM0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1295246395&sr=8-1

At most a 10% gift certificate.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Good morning [chat].

BobCesca on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    fuck it, i'll order one at $40. The worst they can do is cancel it.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    kassadin2caps.png

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Gooey wrote: »
    fuck it, i'll order one at $40. The worst they can do is cancel it.

That was basically my reasoning. Doesn't hurt to try, and maybe something good will come out of it.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Nope.

At most a 10% gift certificate.

Huh. In the UK they would have to honour that. One of my mates got a snazzy phone for free with a £0/month contract because of an error. He made sure he had loads of screenshots of the price and they've had to honour the price that was there when he ordered it.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    BobCesca wrote: »

Huh. In the UK they would have to honour that. One of my mates got a snazzy phone for free with a £0/month contract because of an error. He made sure he had loads of screenshots of the price and they've had to honour the price that was there when he ordered it.

I'm pretty sure they don't have to do it here. Amazon says:

‎"Despite our best efforts, a small number of the items in our catalog may be mispriced. If an item's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation."

Besides, the 60GB PS3 is out of stock and isn't manufactured anymore. So... :v:

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Yeah. Amazon probably have a small print that absolves them of anything.

Anyway, time for the dressing and commuting, I guess.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    FUCK! My phone broke, its 5 years old so I'm not too bothered but its super inconvenient because its also my alarm clock and I don't have a backup.

Gonna have to go drop some money on a new phone, do they still sell old generation Iphones? Been wanting to get one for a while but I'm not psyched about dropping a ton of money on the latest thing.

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Yeah. Amazon probably have a small print that absolves them of anything.

Anyway, time for the dressing and commuting, I guess.

I like to do it the other way around.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Seriously guys.

A wind-up clock, costs $10 and just need to keep it around in case of emergencies.

Kagera on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Kagera, everyone knows personal value is directly proportional to how much you rely on expensive shiny gadgets.

Solomaxwell6 on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2011
    Is this where I declare my hatred for Facebook? I would love for a much better social networking to come along, and I want them to offer the option of logging in with your facebook account. I think that would be hilarious.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Kagera, everyone knows personal value is directly proportional to how much you rely on expensive shiny gadgets.

BUT HOW CAN YOU SURVIVE THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE IF YOU DON'T HAVE AN ALARM CLOCK?

Kagera on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited January 2011
    Elki wrote: »
    Is this where I declare my hatred for Facebook? I would love for a much better social networking to come along, and I want them to offer the option of logging in with your facebook account. I think that would be hilarious.

Facebook is sort of like WoW at this point; there are other sites, sure... But when everybody you know uses that one, it makes it hard to have fun with your friends if you DON'T use the common one.

Also, any site that figures out a cool feature will just have said feature stolen by Facebook.

So it's exactly like WoW, come to think of it.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    How did Tron not win best score

or did it not qualify or something

I can get myself to pay attention to all manners of meaningless awards, but never the Globes. The HFPA is all manners of retarded.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited January 2011
    How did Tron not win best score

or did it not qualify or something

I can get myself to pay attention to all manners of meaningless awards, but never the Globes. The HFPA is all manners of retarded.

If TRON had to lose best score, The Social Network was a good movie to lose it to.

Trent Reznor pulled off one amazing score.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    the SE++ minecraft server is fucking amazing

there's no wacky server mods making the game easier, no warps or starter kits or anything

it's on hard mode

nights are fucking terrifying, as people have to stop working outside and rush to the nearest shelter

my house is in a fairly central location so i entertain night guests frequently. I'm thinking of expanding my property and setting up a full inn.

Pony on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yay, new Erfworld!

*THWART*

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Pony wrote: »

there's no wacky server mods making the game easier, no warps or starter kits or anything

it's on hard mode

nights are fucking terrifying, as people have to stop working outside and rush to the nearest shelter

my house is in a fairly central location so i entertain night guests frequently. I'm thinking of expanding my property and setting up a full inn.

man that is a cool fucking idea.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2011
    minecraft would probably be bad for me.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Pony wrote: »

it's on hard mode

man that is a cool fucking idea.

see, you can see people's names floating above their heads, even through blocks at a distance, so you can tell when someone isn't very far from you

so i'm in my house, smelting iron because the daylight is winding down, and i see two guys running past and i'm like "my... my god, they'll never make it to the lighthouse!"

i run out onto my balcony and i'm like "OVER HERE! SHELTER!"

we shared cake and i resupplied them with arrows as they stayed the night

when dawn came, they left me some lapis lazuli gems as thanks, and went on their way

Pony on
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Usually a listed price can be classed not as an offer but "an invitation to treat", so usually that means the shop makes the decision whether or not to honour the mistaken or listed price

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2011
    stupid lg dare not being more durable.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    enter the dragon really wasnt shot that well

tight frame of kung fu action so you cannot see anything

close up of bruce lees eyes

tight frame of kung fu action

etc

in a way that makes me feel a bit better knowing that modern movies aren't the only ones where they don't know how to film action.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    jacobkosh wrote: »

etc

in a way that makes me feel a bit better knowing that modern movies aren't the only ones where they don't know how to film action.

Bruce Lee was a hell of amazing martial artist, but his movies are really kind of meh.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    syndalis wrote: »

Facebook is sort of like WoW at this point; there are other sites, sure... But when everybody you know uses that one, it makes it hard to have fun with your friends if you DON'T use the common one.

Also, any site that figures out a cool feature will just have said feature stolen by Facebook.

I wouldn't mind feature stealing. Like, a lot of feature stealing. How come I can't folder my news-feed by different groupings? Oh wait, I did, and then they took that away. Because... it let people be more efficient about their use of the site? I don't really know, but whatever it is I don't like it. How come I can't look at just status updates if I ever like doing just that? No good reason. Every few months the site loses some features and gains ad-space.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited January 2011

etc

Bruce Lee was a hell of amazing martial artist, but his movies are really kind of meh.

yeah, it seems like the martial arts movie that actually works on its own as a movie is a relatively rare thing.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

etc

yeah, it seems like the martial arts movie that actually works on its own as a movie is a relatively rare thing.

Those old school martial arts films with bad acting and minimal storylines, but tons of fights that seem to break out for no reason were so entertaining when I was a kid.

Trying to re-watch them these days though... Ugh. I do like action, but there needs to be some sort of coherent story or I lose interest.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Drunk and cant sleep

Angsting

This is the worst

So It Goes on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Also, they seemed to recycle the same three similar plots/settings;

Martial arts champs are invited to compete in a secret competition which is deadly because it's actually fights to the death and/or someone is murdering the competitors.

Martial arts champs are kidnapped/forced to compete (see above).

Martial arts unknown wants to compete in secret competition but has to find a way in (see above).

Those three plots are like 50% of the old martial arts films right there, with minimal, if any variations of style, settings, themes and sometimes even characters.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Also, they seemed to recycle the same three similar plots/settings;

Martial arts champs are invited to compete in a secret competition which is deadly because it's actually fights to the death and/or someone is murdering the competitors.

Martial arts champs are kidnapped/forced to compete (see above).

Martial arts unknown wants to compete in secret competition but has to find a way in (see above).

Those three plots are like 50% of the old martial arts films right there, with minimal, if any variations of style, settings, themes and sometimes even characters.

Haha, yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

This reminds me that I really want to track down a copy of Frank Dux's "autobiography" sometime because I hear it is the most hilarious horseshit. Like, it's full of stories of him walking down a Hong Kong street and bam, ninja attack.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    syndalis wrote: »

I wouldn't mind feature stealing. Like, a lot of feature stealing. How come I can't folder my news-feed by different groupings? Oh wait, I did, and then they took that away. Because... it let people be more efficient about their use of the site? I don't really know, but whatever it is I don't like it. How come I can't look at just status updates if I ever like doing just that? No good reason. Every few months the site loses some features and gains ad-space.

You can view only status updates I'm pretty sure. It's in your settings somewhere.

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Drunk and cant sleep

Angsting

This is the worst

:( SiG

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I cannot remember the name, but the Hong Kong director who basically made his name by re-editing older films with a couple of new actors and a different plot made some hilarious films. Maybe not intentionally, but when you have new (often really bad) actors trying to insert themselves into an existing film the result can be great

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
This discussion has been closed.