Options

Welcome, delicious friend! Welcome to the Echo Bazaar...

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Sweet jeepers, I've built up a lot of Admired while farming honey in the palace.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Yeah mine went up to 48 or something real crazy.

I'm pissed, I lost all my dream qualities on accident messing around with mirrors in the carnival.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    You stepped into the insanity one didn't you?

Stuff like that is why I always try to have a thing of honeyed laudanum on hand. Just in case.

Of course, that didn't help that one time I accidentally cleared my fire sermon before exiting the insanity. Or any of the times I experimented with a Dr. Schlomo option (most recent brought What the Thunder Said down from 16 to 15).

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Aaaand now I'm Seeking Mr. Eaten's Name.

Lovely.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Officially half way to having a room at the Royal Bethleham.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    wildwoodwildwood Registered User regular
    So what did people pick this year for their visit from Mister Sacks?

• Options
    A bottle of the Good Stuff. Ol' reverse Santa was pleased with me.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Got back into this recently, working through the new content. It looks like they took away the turns per day limit, which is cool.

Also, I just noticed that they added titles for certain faction levels, like Familiar for 20+, or Warmly Welcomed for 100+ and Othatharooth-! for Rubbery 20+

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    boredom at work drove me to play again a while back. Managed to get myself to Polythreme and do my Ambition there, as well as stock up on a hell of a lot of expensive goods. Also got two new homes: the hotel and the store near the bazaar. Now I'm working towards getting a pass to the Infernal colony of the Iron Republic.

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Oh, and they also added easier means to gain honey, books and primordial screams (among other things), and somewhat improved the expensive parts gathering stuff. At least made the latter more interesting.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Been spending time in Polythreme, land of the clay men.

Be sure to bring an exceptional hat, I'll say this much.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    is this still fun?

• Options
    yes.

they made the late game grind a bit less grindy, for one thing.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    a lot more stuff in your inventory is clickable.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    and the Iron Republic is fucking crazy

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    polythreme, similarly so.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    polythreme is calm and serene compared to the republic

at least there they don't have rains of glass shards and devils talking politics as their faces melt

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Okay, I need to go there at some point. Maybe after I deal with some of the Dilmun club stuff back in London.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    resurrecting this thread because the game is still fun and there's definitely new material since the last time you played.

also, I'm currently sailing lost in the Unterzee, Nightmares 9, trying to find a damn Plated Seal.

Oh I guess there's the Knife and Candle thing going on again.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I stopped because I got to the labyrinth and it seemed like I'd broken the one quest I had

Broke as fuck and the bills past due, all amounts assist and are kindly received.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    you probably haven't broken it. unless you're talking about the illusionists one. I have no idea how to pick that back up.

yeah there's still grinding, to a certain degree, but I think they've lessened it.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I lost contact with several of the forumers who played because I got rid of my Twitter so now it only pulls from FB so I've just been soloing this lately, but it's still a lot of fun

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    whoaa

I picked this up again just a few months ago after having left it for over a year

being a person of some importance is disappointingly grindy but I'm still plugging away

I like the concept of house robbing and book writing even if I haven't spent much time doing either of those

right now I'm working on building a ship and acquiring all of the nicest gear that's not the overgoat

• Options
    tooling around on a ship is great.

I have the Zubmarine. it's pretty neat.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Person of Some Importance just means you paid some real money, right?

• Options
    the zub's what I'm going for

I'm going to go to jail like 30 times acquiring the resources for it but why would you even pick anything else

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

I can't recall. I think it's doable without spending money? I mean, I buy into the Special Friend thing, which gives double candles for a month, among other things.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options

I can't recall. I think it's doable without spending money? I mean, I buy into the Special Friend thing, which gives double candles for a month, among other things.

It was more like Epic Levels. Money was only a factor as much as it ever was.

• Options
    I got the pleasure yacht, and paid in my accumulated Fate to get it done quickly. Very worthwhile, and you get a nice bonus on the sea of Voices when you do

by the way, anyone happens to have an invitation to the Temple Club? there are a few of those still going around, and it's useful if you want to gain some connections with the Masters of the Bazaar (by exchanging 2500 Romantic Notions, but still, better than nothing)

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options

no that's something else

person of some importance is the stage of the game you hit after all your qualities are 100 or above, either naturally or because of the gear you have

you can start earning assloads of low tier items but the costs for all the posi storylines are much much higher, and getting rid of your menaces becomes such a chore it seems like it's easier sometimes to just go to jail/nuts/die/etc

• Options
    the best way I found to make Echos is to pick up an occupation. I've chosen Trickster, and every few days I get a bunch of assorted high, mid and low level items, most of which I can sell for a good price.

And a good way to keep the nightmares low is to NOT get an obsidian gymnasium. The card that starts that storylette can be refused as many times as it comes up for a reduction in Nightmares

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    fuck it, i'll do a new one of these

• Options
    the best way I found to make Echos is to pick up an occupation. I've chosen Trickster, and every few days I get a bunch of assorted high, mid and low level items, most of which I can sell for a good price.

And a good way to keep the nightmares low is to NOT get an obsidian gymnasium. The card that starts that storylette can be refused as many times as it comes up for a reduction in Nightmares

man, I've been out in the sea too long. I'm pretty sure I don't remember occupations

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    So I log back in and my dude is in jail.

Greeeat

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    I am currently in a spare bedroom of a kind widow

username's Anti

• Options
    it's normal to have 5 nightmares and 3 wounds within a few hours of playing, right

• Options
    Antimatter wrote: »
    it's normal to have 5 nightmares and 3 wounds within a few hours of playing, right

Yeah it's okay. I used to know all the tricks to reducing them but I forgot. Nightmares are the tough ones.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Antimatter wrote: »
    I am currently in a spare bedroom of a kind widow

username's Anti

Is it linked to your FB?
    edit: nevermind, found you

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Wait can you do this without having to link to FB or Twitter now?
    if so, add GreyGhost

• Options
    Nightmares can be reduced with reasonable reliability via the drinks stall at the circus/fair thingy. Mulled wine, I think. There's also laudanum, which is mostly better, but it's literally habit forming, which reduces the effect. Unless you use rare cards that reduce the habit formed.

jnij103vqi2i.png