As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Halo Reach || Daily Challenge: Post in The New Thread, This One Is Done

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    bleh, didn't take long for objective in Swat to make me annoyed.

Oddball match starts off fine. Other team pulls ahead by a few seconds then camps the ball the rest of the game... =\

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    Objective holding is a pretty universal griefing in Halo games, unfortunately. But that's what happens when Bungie has a precision kills weekly the same week they debut objectives in a playlist that is the fastest for getting them.

I'd just avoid them and move on.

Also, Bungie needs to remove Kill/Death from the post game screen for objective gametypes.

It'd be even worse if they had put in Swat 2 Flag.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    Objective holding is a pretty universal griefing in Halo games, unfortunately. But that's what happens when Bungie has a precision kills weekly the same week they debut objectives in a playlist that is the fastest for getting them.

I'd just avoid them and move on.

Also, Bungie needs to remove Kill/Death from the post game screen for objective gametypes.

It'd be even worse if they had put in Swat 2 Flag.

Yea. I know, I'm hoping that was a one time thing. It was the only objective swat game so far that I've run into that with though. it's just that it's 12 minutes of waste, and we only wound up, with about 50-60 kills per team... that's easily 2 games of swat.

and that last sentence is an incredibly evil thing to say. Let us hope that is never done. *shudders*

edit: per, not between. big difference there, lol.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Holy christ, the internet is raging hard on the possibility of one of the next maps being Firefight only.

apparent video footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fKjy4jmDSM

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    hailthefishhailthefish Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    HERP DERP MAYBE IT'S ON THE DEVELOPER LIVE BECAUSE IT'S NOT FUCKING DONE YET HERP DERP

hailthefish on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Another video. Mute your speakers. Mute your brain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOh0fM-75Ew

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I wonder how long will it take for this video to get pulled.

I also love how banned these guys are going to be for doing this too.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Oooh new maps, although I need to play the ones I have more I still haven't loaded Reach up. I'll have to check this thread more often for when you guys play. The only reason I've played Black Ops is because most of my friends have it.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    They are going to be banned so hard that they won't be able to play matchmaking in Halo 10.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    jimbo034jimbo034 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I wonder how long will it take for this video to get pulled.

I also love how banned these guys are going to be for doing this too.

Its hilarious that he's advertising his xbl tag, its like he wants to be banned.

jimbo034 on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    My internet hiccuped there when I came back, hence my sudden departure.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Another video. Mute your speakers. Mute your brain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOh0fM-75Ew

What is that in the center of the mine on the azod firefight map?

jimbo034 on
  • Options
    JesuitsJesuits Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Forcing unsuspecting people to play Worst Race Ever is delicious. That is all.

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    in that shaky cam video, at 0:58, the building has a giant BXR on the side of it

lol bungie

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    in that shaky cam video, at 0:58, the building has a giant BXR on the side of it

lol bungie

That's in one of the campaign missions already. The last one, I think.

EvilBadman on
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Jesuits wrote: »

I'm kind of scared to ask.......but what is the the Worst Race Ever? Is it related to the worst gametype ever (midship koth with unlimited rockets)?

ronzo on
  • Options
    Noble Six ActualNoble Six Actual Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    That wreckage looks a lot like the tail end of the Super Carrier from "Long Night of Solace."

Also, real time glassing in an MP map? YES, please.
    Maybe now we'll actually play some Firefight.

Noble Six Actual on
    XBL: JerichoTwoFour / PSN: ZeroFourThree
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    ronzo wrote: »

I'm kind of scared to ask.......but what is the the Worst Race Ever? Is it related to the worst gametype ever (midship koth with unlimited rockets)?

You'll just have to find out for yourself.

To those who tested Descent -- would you be so kind as to give it a solo run, see if the teleporter camera angles are still wonky? Everything seems fine in Forge and solo customs on my end, and I've no idea how to fix it or even tell if it is in fact fixed without getting a bunch of dudes to test again.

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    That wreckage looks a lot like the tail end of the Super Carrier from "Long Night of Solace."

That's what i thought too when i saw the picture of it, but the video makes it seem much more jagged than the wreckage of the Long Night.

jimbo034 on
  • Options
    Noble Six ActualNoble Six Actual Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    jimbo034 wrote: »

That's what i thought too when i saw the picture of it, but the video makes it seem much more jagged than the wreckage of the Long Night.

I just played the level, and the shape of the carrier's wreckage, and parts of the Savannah match. So maybe you're on a ship that shows up afterwards to combat the entire Covenant fleet? That seems to be the battle raging in the background.

On top of that, the glassing has begun and Reach seems to be made of fire. Swoon.

Noble Six Actual on
    XBL: JerichoTwoFour / PSN: ZeroFourThree
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Can someone with an eye for detail, a copy of the game and some free time post the date/time stamps for each mission?

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    jimbo034 wrote: »

I just played the level, and the shape of the carrier's wreckage, and parts of the Savannah match. So maybe you're on a ship that shows up afterwards to combat the entire Covenant fleet? That seems to be the battle raging in the background.

On top of that, the glassing has begun and Reach seems to be made of fire. Swoon.

I haven't watched that cut-scene in a while. I was thinking that maybe it was some Forerunner thing they were unearthing, but the Covenant wreckage makes a lot more sense. They've already done buried Forerunner stuff.

jimbo034 on
  • Options
    hailthefishhailthefish Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm actually kinda excited about the prospects in this new map pack.

hailthefish on
  • Options
    South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Nocren wrote: »
    Can someone with an eye for detail, a copy of the game and some free time post the date/time stamps for each mission?

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Halo:_Reach_Campaign
    This has all of them, just scroll down to "Transcript".

South host on
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Willeth wrote: »

Fatman Scoop edition.

Good games last night everybody, haven't been in a PA Katamari for the longest time and had forgotten what I was missing. I'm away next week but will be spamming invites as soon as I'm back.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    green-eyesgreen-eyes Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    darleysam wrote: »

Good games last night everybody, haven't been in a PA Katamari for the longest time and had forgotten what I was missing. I'm away next week but will be spamming invites as soon as I'm back.

I concur! I couldn't imagine being party leader to a better group of persons, we must repeat the activity.

edit: and Willeth, despite having a wealth of work to do I cannot physically stop watching that video...

green-eyes on
    car.jpg
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Fatman Scoop edition.

Good to see you back, dude. I think you were one of the first people I played with from PA.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Halo 3 beta was the best of times, man. It's good to be back, I must say. Had an absolute blast last night!

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Halo 3 beta was the best of times, man. It's good to be back, I must say. Had an absolute blast last night!

Oh dude. I'd forgotten about that Ghost splatter. God damn, I wish I'd had a capture card back then.

Willeth on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Oh dude. I'd forgotten about that Ghost splatter. God damn, I wish I'd had a capture card back then.

Seriously, if there were any way to have held onto that footage I'd still have it saved now. There's a good chance becky and I will be on Reach later tonight for a couple of hours, so I'll try and get some invites out if people are on.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    batigh, I wonder if we can still fix that map somehow. That glitch where the camera view for mongooses who are not host is the weirdest thing i've seen yet in halo reach.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Attn Fyrewulff and fellow forgers: through rigorous testing, Viscount and I have determined that the backwards camera angles when going through teleporters only occurs when you're
    -on a vehicle and
    -not host.

As host, the camera works as intended. I don't know what kind of access you have to bungie dudes directly, but if it is possible, could you mention it to your contacts? Maybe they could patch some fixes in eventually.

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    the backwards camera angles when going through teleporters

Please elaborate.

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Kor wrote: »
    the backwards camera angles when going through teleporters

Please elaborate.
    It's mainly apparent on Race maps, but sometimes you'll go through a teleporter and your camera will be facing at 180 degrees to where your vehicle is pointing. It happens all the time on a certain teleporter on a race map I like - I'll show you if you're on.

Willeth on
  • Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So we're specifically talking about vehicular teleporters?

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

I'm sure it would have been better to be there, but, story pls?

MrDelish on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Kor wrote: »
    So we're specifically talking about vehicular teleporters?

Ayup. Very disorienting.

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    Jedi_BoiJedi_Boi Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Bungie needs to take the space combat and make that a full game with multiplayer and co-op.

Also maybe acquire the Star Wars license.

There is a heaven for penises and I will take them there.

Did you read how Volition would love to make a Freespace 3 if only people would actually buy it? Because, seriously, it's a thing that needs to happen.

Freespace2 is my favorite game of all time. Won two or three seasons of Squadwars too.

Jedi_Boi on
    i.imgur.com/DG7Jj7H.jpg
    Godspeed, Ironsides.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    MrDelish wrote: »

I'm sure it would have been better to be there, but, story pls?

Snowbound in the Halo 3 beta. It was a game of VIP, I think, and Sam was chasing him down around the entire map. He was just about to go in for the winning kill, and I splattered him with a Ghost from the side.

It doesn't sound that great, but from Sam's perspective he's chasing this guy for about a minute, and then all of a sudden I crush him against the wall at a 45-degree angle.

Willeth on
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I wasn't hosting last night and my camera angle remained fine when my mongoose teleported.

T4CT on