As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Halo Reach || Daily Challenge: Post in The New Thread, This One Is Done

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The Skirmish was fun, even though we lost.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    CTF this afternoon people.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    The updated version of Defiant is up. It went from 423MB to 691MB for some reason.

fQjTDl.jpg

It's all the new armor they added!

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wonder if Waypoint twitter will be giving out more codes.

Catalase on
    "Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    heckelsheckels Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I was really hoping they would get it out before I left for work....

heckels on
    heckels_zps9443e2b3.png
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
  • Options
    RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The extra 200+ mb is another multiplayer, non firefight map!

:( at least it should be.

Ranced on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    You know what, though - as much as my opinion might be coloured by not paying for it, I'm not as against Unearthed as I was. It's got a lot of what Reach's original Firefight setup was missing. It's just a shame you can't choose the vehicle loadouts - I'd have preferred a regular hog.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    yea rocket hogs arent as much fun as gause or regular...

heckels on
    heckels_zps9443e2b3.png
  • Options
    JesuitsJesuits Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The L.D. Spear daily challenge is to clear Tip of the Spear with Mythic, Tough Luck, Tilt, and Thunderstorm on. Tough, but not impossible... except the challenge fails if you die for no reason. Now I refuse to do it on principle, since the save, quit and reload method is annoying as hell, and I'd have to do a lot of that.

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    NeuralFizzNeuralFizz Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    New maps: DOWNLOADED

NeuralFizz on
  • Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Jesuits wrote: »
    The L.D. Spear daily challenge is to clear Tip of the Spear with Mythic, Tough Luck, Tilt, and Thunderstorm on. Tough, but not impossible... except the challenge fails if you die for no reason. Now I refuse to do it on principle, since the save, quit and reload method is annoying as hell, and I'd have to do a lot of that.

No you don't.

You get to the end once, no matter how many times you died. Save at the last possible moment. Reload, and complete the level.

Ta-Da!

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Kor wrote: »
    Jesuits wrote: »

No you don't.

You get to the end once, no matter how many times you died. Save at the last possible moment. Reload, and complete the level.

Ta-Da!

Oh, yeah. Now I remember doing that months ago. Silly me!

Still refuse to do it on principle :3

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Uplink is pretty fun. It seems like Certain Affinity are fans of teleporters.

Arteen on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, as I said in my review they've made the first official map with porters since Relic.

But they probably figured they were evening things out since they remade Derelict into Desolation and removed the teleporters..

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    BEARDBEARD Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm really unimpressed with the visual side of these new maps.

Is it just me, or is the lighting really shoddy? Everything is sort of the same washed out brightness. Highlands is particularly overbright. The terrain is also terribly undetailed. It feels like something from Halo 1.

BEARD on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The lighting is not as precise as the other maps, it just seems like they rendered them with less "precision" than Bungie does. Bungie has entire server farms of 360s to do the task, so I wonder if CA had to use their smaller collection of dev360s or something.

They've been kind of 'bright' since the Mythic Map Pack in Halo 3 though.

Also Defiant FAQ

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=news&link=Defiant_FAQ

Apparently Reach has a bug where it is only allow 3 marketplace items at once in it's folder. Which is strange, because I had Bungie Pro AND the second copy of Defiant and they still worked.

edit: okay, this is probably because my Bungie Pro Confirmation is in Halo 3's folder.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Question to people who've obtained Defiant: do either of the new multiplayer maps work with Invasion? Or will we have to wait until the community forges it in?

I'm on the fence about purchasing it, and just looking for a good excuse to fork over my cash.

FecklessRogue on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'm checking now.

Anyone want to full-party the Defiant playlist tonight?

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I'm checking now.

Anyone want to full-party the Defiant playlist tonight?

If you announce the winner of the FTZ contest and it is me: bet your ass.

Otherwise: not for a few days at least.

Jesuits on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Neither of them support Invasion (well, Condemned is slightly obvious). Strangely, Highlands doesn't support Invasion Slayer.

Even more confusing, Spartan and Elite Skirmish will start on the maps even though they don't actually have any objects placed to support it, so you just hear the Announcer announcing the dropm point moving when no drop point exists. This is not possible to do on any other map.. the fuck?

I guess we'll have to wait for Bungie to release versions with Invasion support into matchmaking soon.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Thank you for the info. That's a shame, though I may still pick it up. I'm a sucker for Low-G sections regardless of how much they may break gameplay.

FecklessRogue on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Invasion on Highlands would be great fun, but it just doesn't have the Forge objects to support it (e.g. one-way energy barriers). Maybe someone sufficiently clever could get Invasion to play well on it.

Arteen on
  • Options
    LookFreeGrenadeLookFreeGrenade Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    If only Unearthed had a chain hog instead of rocket, it'd be the best firefight map

(it already still is though)

LookFreeGrenade on
    ormskm.jpg20i89qa.jpg73f2j6.jpg
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    someone start forging the layout of unearth please. for multi goodness.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I can't believe I just realized the pattern of the post-General ranks. 343i ruined it!
    Field Marshall -> Hero -> Legend -> Mythic -> Noble -> Eclipse

Arteen on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Defiant group is on now. We're averaging 6-7 people. Get on.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Screw this, can't get a damn thing to load. Maybe some other time.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Arteen wrote: »
    I can't believe I just realized the pattern of the post-General ranks. 343i ruined it!
    Field Marshall -> Hero -> Legend -> Mythic -> Noble -> Eclipse

Why do you think they called it "Defiant"?

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    If only Unearthed had a chain hog instead of rocket, it'd be the best firefight map

(it already still is though)

harder to kill elites with the rocket hog... but so much easier to kill ghosts and wraiths

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Highlands is really really good for Territories.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    SnowblindvictimSnowblindvictim Flying casual Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    For those that care (Katsuhiro and maybe BritishDavid)
    I gave up video games (for lent or otherwise) because I need to be more productive in school.
    I can't afford to fail this one class and I need to be as productive as possible.

You'll probably be seeing less and less of me but I'll commit as a full time Bee this summer

-Zerostar

Snowblindvictim on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Later zerostar. Come back soon, but don't break your promise to yourself.

Also, Good games tonight. I had fun if we won or not, (except when I was lagging like a bitch.. which was far too often)

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    NeuralFizzNeuralFizz Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    What's the difference between Uplink and Condemned? I realize Uplink is a map variant of Condemned, but what is different?

So these maps are really awesome. Honestly Condemned looked really crappy from previews but it's great. I'm getting a very Marathon Infinity multiplayer vibe from it. And I played BTB Snipers and BTB Slayer on Highlands, and let me tell you, the pubby tears...how they are delicious. I forgot that new maps bring in some seriously stoned dudes.

Highlands is one of the best maps for Team Snipers.

NeuralFizz on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Uplink uses dev-only Forge pieces to block off certain rooms, specifically the sword room, comms room, and stairwell (if I recall the callsigns correctly). It turns the map from a wheel with four spokes layout into more of an eight, but also adds teleporters. The weapon layout is different two. Notably, the rocket in the center is switched to a sword. I like the variant because it gives the combat a bit more direction in slayer, and also no rockets.

Arteen on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So I wanna work on getting some of my wins tonight for the weekly. Anybody up for doing some Swat/slayer/grifball tonight? Around 7 central?

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarisDaris Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Played some this morning. Had four games of big team in a row follow this pattern:

1. I do awesome without any power weapons.
    2. Team member just randomly starts killing me.
    3. I get fed up after 1-2 deaths and no option to boot.
    4. I kill em and get instantly kicked from the game.

What the hell?!

The worst part is, I get betrayals and kicks all the TIME because team members are doing stupid things like trying to assassinate someone I've stuck. I can't afford to have this crap going on every game on top of it. I have NEVER gotten the option to kick a team member after one betrayal, so why am I constantly kicked for one?

Maybe I should just stick to free for all for a few HUNDRED games and I can catch a break after. >_<

It's horrible! I go out of my way to assume my team members will do absolutely stupid stuff just so this doesn't happen. I miss out on tons of wraith/rocket/grenade/other kills just out of fear I'll hit someone on my team being an idiot. Only to have a teammate boost his ghost into the nose of the wraith I'm blowing up... :(

It even happens with my brother! The only blessing is he doesn't kick me! I've gone into forge and tried to improve, but forge tells me the same thing I already knew. I made the right shot to kill an enemy, teammate runs up and joins the death! Argh!

Daris on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Daris wrote: »
    Played some this morning. Had four games of big team in a row follow this pattern:

1. I do awesome without any power weapons.
    2. Team member just randomly starts killing me.
    3. I get fed up after 1-2 deaths and no option to boot.
    4. I kill em and get instantly kicked from the game.

What the hell?!

The worst part is, I get betrayals and kicks all the TIME because team members are doing stupid things like trying to assassinate someone I've stuck. I can't afford to have this crap going on every game on top of it. I have NEVER gotten the option to kick a team member after one betrayal, so why am I constantly kicked for one?

Maybe I should just stick to free for all for a few HUNDRED games and I can catch a break after. >_<

It's horrible! I go out of my way to assume my team members will do absolutely stupid stuff just so this doesn't happen. I miss out on tons of wraith/rocket/grenade/other kills just out of fear I'll hit someone on my team being an idiot. Only to have a teammate boost his ghost into the nose of the wraith I'm blowing up... :(

It even happens with my brother! The only blessing is he doesn't kick me! I've gone into forge and tried to improve, but forge tells me the same thing I already knew. I made the right shot to kill an enemy, teammate runs up and joins the death! Argh!

I feel your pain man, i was getting booted from about every 3rd game because people would do stuff to get them betrayed, id appologize but still get booted. The only way to end it is to play with people you know/non randoms.

heckels on
    heckels_zps9443e2b3.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Infection is the worst for betrayals. You can kill a zombie as a human, the game will call it a betrayal, and you'll get booted half a second later.

Arteen on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I can't play Co-Op Campaign anymore because of those kind of morons.

Jumped in the gunner seat of a warthog that they wanted? Shot at until dead.

In-game cinematics taking too long to complete and they're impatient and bored? Shot at until dead.

Took the big gun and/or weapon they wanted? Shot at until dead.

You're trying to play the game properly? Shot at until dead.

And then there's those that just melee you to knock your shields off every 5 seconds.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop