As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Halo Reach || Daily Challenge: Post in The New Thread, This One Is Done

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    Probably the same price for 7, so just get 7.

Sucks. I had a perfectly good copy of Vista that I couldn't use because our Laser Equipment wasn't compatible. One day the boss was cleaning up and he put all my shit somewhere: All the documentation for the computer I built. Fuck. I wonder where it is.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Nocren wrote: »
    (also like the little touch of calling the company/crane "BXR")

I'm amazed how many people missed this in Tip of the Spear.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    On in a couple for some Firefight if folks want to join me.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Managed to hit all of today's challenges. Don't think I'll make it to 24 because I'm sure they'll throw a curveball or two this week but I'll give it my bes shot.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Saw this on Kotaku. Might be lolold to you folks...thought I'd post it anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiajRBb-nAo

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    New Action Sack gametypes on NoF's fileshare. The new NEW games show up under a new parent gametype in Reach, "Insane".

http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/fileshare.aspx?player=Ninja%200n%20Fire

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    It is very worth noting

that if you look at the ad for the Defiant map pack that is currently situated to the right of the "extreme shopping sale" in Game Marketplace's tab

the guy crouching in the add appears to be rocking a new helmet

the same new helmet that we found a while ago and people were like "man hologram glitch"

so unless we have somehow not come across this helmet despite people ripping apart Reach's game disc and files

that shit got patched in

T4CT on
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I just finally became commander, and spent my 300,000 credits. I was saving up, not buying anything at all, until I could afford Pestilence, but man - its just never gonna happen.

Looking at how much you need to advance up from Commander, I think I will just take my 5 new helmets and my robot arm and finally be content.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    heckelsheckels Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

They should of left in cheneymania...

heckels on
    heckels_zps9443e2b3.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    One Spartan Army – Kill 150 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking – 1125 cR

Demon – Kill 40 Elites in Firefight Matchmaking – 1400 cR

Mythic Bustin’ – Complete a Campaign mission on Heroic or harder with the Mythic Skull on – 1000 cR

Better, Closer, Warmer – Earn at least 7 kills in a multiplayer Matchmaking game – 1000 cR

Today's challenges. All look doable/easy enough, except Mythic, which may take a few tries.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Haloball + Mt Push Push = PUSH PUSH IS A GO

Now that it actually works, it's time to iterate on weapon spawns and the map design..

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    NeuralFizzNeuralFizz Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Mythic Bustin’ – Complete a Campaign mission on Heroic or harder with the Mythic Skull on – 1000 cR

Better, Closer, Warmer – Earn at least 7 kills in a multiplayer Matchmaking game – 1000 cR

Today's challenges. All look doable/easy enough, except Mythic, which may take a few tries.

Just do a Nightfall run and glitch the forklift- easy peasy 6 or 7 minutes.

NeuralFizz on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    NeuralFizz wrote: »

Wait, do what with the forklift? That thing's slow as molasses and has no armaments.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    You drive it up to the door that you're supposed to open later, so close tha when you hop out the driver side, it warps you through it, and you run to the end with no enemies there spawned.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Wait, do what with the forklift? That thing's slow as molasses and has no armaments.

Ahh young padawan. Watch this video- you can cheese the level by passing every fight, there's only 1 guy you really need to kill with a weapon, the other half dozen you can just backsmack. Then, the forklift lets you glitch through the door and allows you to bypass virtually the entire nightfall mission.

Here's what you need:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cRcbLF1MRI

NeuralFizz on
  • Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Or you could not do the glitch and just sprint past everything in existence in Winter Contingency.

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Ahh young padawan. Watch this video- you can cheese the level by passing every fight, there's only 1 guy you really need to kill with a weapon, the other half dozen you can just backsmack. Then, the forklift lets you glitch through the door and allows you to bypass virtually the entire nightfall mission.

Here's what you need:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cRcbLF1MRI

Wow, wish I would have known this back when the LASO challenge was active for this mission.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Well, it was mentioned several times back then sooo....

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Kor wrote: »
    Or you could not do the glitch and just sprint past everything in existence in Winter Contingency.

You still have to do the fight at the end and it takes a lot longer than 5 minutes.

NeuralFizz on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I've made a soccer stadium for the Haloball gametype.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=15885459&player=FyreWulff

Intentionally basic. Use as a base for your own map, etc

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

You still have to do the fight at the end and it takes a lot longer than 5 minutes.

Yeah, except Nightfall isn't too reliable. If you get the weird glitch at the end where everything spawns early and you start teleporting left right and centre, then you have to redo the whole level and suddenly WC is a lot quicker.

Willeth on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

So I'm finally getting around to watching this...I didn't realize the forklift was so late in the mission.

That first 3/4 is still gonna be a slog.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Nah, it's fine. Grab the camo at the start and you can basically walk the whole thing without being bothered.

Willeth on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Willeth wrote: »
    Nah, it's fine. Grab the camo at the start and you can basically walk the whole thing without being bothered.

I found sticking with sprint to be far easier. At least for LASO.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Yeah, except Nightfall isn't too reliable. If you get the weird glitch at the end where everything spawns early and you start teleporting left right and centre, then you have to redo the whole level and suddenly WC is a lot quicker.

I've never run into that glitch before.

NeuralFizz on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

I just cannot get past the water tower with sprint. Camo at least lets be get by, even if it's slow.

Fizz: It happens mainly in multiplayer and it's hard to prevent if one person doesn't know what you're doing.

Willeth on
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Can't get to the Xbox at the moment, but I just saw the new gametypes list--have they modified Infection?

Theodore Floosevelt on
    f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011

I just cannot get past the water tower with sprint. Camo at least lets be get by, even if it's slow.

Fizz: It happens mainly in multiplayer and it's hard to prevent if one person doesn't know what you're doing.

Water tower. Is that the second little area? All you have to do is tuck behind the little wall in the center just after you come out of the garage. Wait about 5 seconds for Jun to draw their fire, and whip around the while and sprint straight through the pack of grunts shooting at him. Once you get to the stairs they forget about you. Flog the grunt at the top in the turret in the back, then turn right and run along the ledge a bit. Drop down, hop over the grunt and jackal there. In about 2 seconds they forget about you and you're at the guta.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Can't get to the Xbox at the moment, but I just saw the new gametypes list--have they modified Infection?

Not this playlist update...

The last update did add a few new invasion slayer gametypes though.

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wow, the DMR/NR starts gametype in Team Classic is awful, just awful. AR/Pistol starts is great fun, as is the lack of armor lock and double melee, but I'll probably avoid the playlist unless they tone down the frequency of the Classic Rifles gametype and add in objective gametypes. They have the Halo 1 versions of Hang 'em High and Derelict instead of the superior Halo 2 iterations. Damnation, Warlock, Lockout, and Beaver Creek remakes were fun though. Definitely some quality forging.

Arteen on
  • Options
    DarisDaris Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I think it's funny to hear people bitch about how AL shouldn't be in 'pro' playlists, and then those playlists are full of evasion/sprint users camping corners and whoring the shotgun/sword. Even the stairs on countdown get camped by these people. I guess pros don't like looking like noobs when they crash into an armor lock and get emp pummeled because their opponent saw them coming a mile away and set them up perfectly. Guess I'll just have to keep grenades handy at any and all times and never miss a stick.

Had a horrible time in arena, I'd get someone rolling at me with the sword and I would roll away... only to die to a thirty yard sword lunge. Every fricking time. I never get even remotely close to them, and don't walk into an ambush... they just teleport roll at me and immediately lunge. Nice to know I have to stay more than sixty yards away from an opponent to be safe from 1-shot melee.

Or I'd stick someone camping a corner and roll away only to still lose my shield and get cleaned up by a team mate of his. After a while I just gave up on the playlist. I don't like cheesing and play straight up, so I'm forced to play with the game balanced in the other teams favor? Armor Lock is my favorite because it's a great tool for a straight forward player, and gives them a counter tool to the cheapest lamest crap in the game. So naturally we shouldn't have it in rated playlists.

I'm using the concussion rifle a LOT more in countdown, I know that for fact. It still sucks knowing that every map favors camping and ambushing. What skill is that supposed to prove? Jet pack into exploitable terrain, camp with a close range weapon and evade/sprint, hide in wait with cloak, but don't expect to use an armor ability in direct combat to any comparable effect.

On that note, I need to go back into arena still the same. I've played the playlist all of three times, and my last bit in there got me under 1.0 k/d ratio. Which really ruined the time before where I was the best ratio player all four games and most kills three out of the four. Either I was unfortunate, or the shot modders REALLY come out on Fridays.

Needless to say, the 'skill' players in halo have always defended the lamest, cheesiest crap as being 'skill'. That's why armor lock get's squealed about so much. It ruins garbage player's day.

Daris on
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ratsult2 wrote: »

I think maybe you misread it--Infection, not Invasion. Curious because there was just a basic "infection" gametype among the new ones in Ninja on Fire's fileshare.

Speaking of invasion skirmish, though, they're really shining for me whenever I'll got them in the Noble playlist as 5v5. It's only two fewer players, but it feels just right.
    Daris wrote: »
    I think it's funny to hear people bitch about how AL shouldn't be in 'pro' playlists,
    Had a horrible time in arena, I'd get someone rolling at me with the sword and I would roll away... only to die to a thirty yard sword lunge. Every fricking time. I never get even remotely close to them, and don't walk into an ambush... they just teleport roll at me and immediately lunge. Nice to know I have to stay more than sixty yards away from an opponent to be safe from 1-shot melee.

Luckily, I think evade is being/has just been removed from arena.

Dunno why they couldn't at least throw some of the more "overpowered" abilities in there as pickups, though. Don't see how picking up a drop shield or AL would be any more OP than just picking up a rocket launcher.

Theodore Floosevelt on
    f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ratsult2 wrote: »

I think maybe you misread it--Infection, not Invasion. Curious because there was just a basic "infection" gametype among the new ones in Ninja on Fire's fileshare.

Speaking of invasion skirmish, though, they're really shining for me whenever I'll got them in the Noble playlist as 5v5. It's only two fewer players, but it feels just right.

Yup, I read that wrong. The infection update made it so you could set/use Alpha zombies.

Reach Hockey is better than griffball... and I love griffball.

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    DarisDaris Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Actually, I'm not even close to under a positive K/D ratio in arena. I figured I would be after the other day, but guess not. I also seem to have more assists than any other medal.

Thank you Halocharts. Always worth a peek.

Daris on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Racing to get today's dailies since I'll miss out on all of tomorrow's. That weekly MUST BE MINE.

Willeth on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

What a badass. I can only hope I'm half that cool when I'm that old.

Also, what's up with the random people laughing around him? Do they even know what Halo is?

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Alright. Second day down, 16 Daily Challenges to go.

Bungie's gonna throw something stupid hard at us soon, I can sense it.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Noble Six ActualNoble Six Actual Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Late question, but has anyone heard about them releasing the music from the Defiant vidoc? At least one of those arrangements was new.

Noble Six Actual on
    XBL: JerichoTwoFour / PSN: ZeroFourThree
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    343 went full derp and base locked the spawns on Highlands slayer. If anyone wants a map of where to stand and endlessly spawncamp the other team, [strike]email me at mkidder@gmail.com and I'll send it to everyone that asks next Friday.[/strike] I'll publish it next Friday.

full change list:

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=58426048

edit: lol

s6BPH.png

FyreWulff on