Options

Halo Reach || Daily Challenge: Post in The New Thread, This One Is Done

15657586062

Posts

  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I don't even know about rough. Seems fine to me, although I'm baffled why Cortana isn't a hologram and is instead living clay.

    It's a trailer on par, intent-wise, with the CG ODST one we got where everyone thought the Rookie was a girl. We've got plenty of time to make our minds up and speculate about that handheld nuke that's probably a joke at Halo 1's expense.

    Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Don't forget the pistol that shot some sort of explosive, had a non magazine loading mechanism, and some sort of attachment (at the end of the video). We didn't see that in Halo 3 either.

    Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Ratsult2 wrote: »
    Don't forget the pistol that shot some sort of explosive, had a non magazine loading mechanism, and some sort of attachment (at the end of the video). We didn't see that in Halo 3 either.

    That's what I was talking about.

    Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Chief only pulls out the big toys when he needs them.

    He didn't need them in the first 3 games . . .

    AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    If were being this nitpicky, I need to share that my favorite part was at the very end when the force of whatever was going on was so strong it sucked everything out that he had to grab onto something to keep from being sucked into space...

    And then stands and lets go and everything's cool.

    mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I still say it's Chief vs Unicron.

    Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    LCDXXLCDXX A flask of wood and glass Terre Haute, INRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    Nocren wrote: »
    I still say it's Chief vs Unicron.

    I... I would be OK with that.

    LCDXX on
    XBL: LCDXX | PSN: LCDXX | Steam: LCDXX
  • Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Nocren wrote: »
    I still say it's Chief vs Unicron.

    Both times you say this, this pops into my head:
    Rainicorn.jpg

    Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Frankie posted about the Halo Remake in a bit more.

    • 39.99. For Games on Demand or Traditional Disc.
    • Game is Halo 1 Physics, etc with new textures. Want to kick it old school? Hit BACK in game to swap between the two.
    • Levels are the exactly same as they were, but the new graphics help navigation through the dreaded Library.
    • Campaign Co-Op over Live.
    • Achievements
    • Easter Eggs, like the Terminals from Halo 3 and others.
    • Rerecorded Soundtrack by Skywalker Orchestra
    • Mulitplayer is handled via Reach. Because Halo 1's does not hold up. And everyone would pistol whore.
    • 1 new firefight map that something we haven't seen before (Flood, probably).
    • 6 Classic Multimaps for Reach: Battle Creek, Damnation, Hang 'em High and one favorite not seen on consoles before (i.e. a Halo PC Exclusive like Death Island or Timberland).

    EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    My best guess based on the brief glimpse in one of the videos is that it's Timberland.

    Arteen on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    Also Anniversary's Live co-op is two people only, just like OG Halo 1.

    also:

    "You do NOT need to have Halo: Reach to play multiplayer. But if you don't you ONLY have the 7 new maps. If you have Reach, CEA lets you download the 7 maps for use with the Reach disc. So the Reach maps are NOT on the CEA disc."

    FyreWulff on
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    The biggest problem I have with Halo 4 is simply that the last 2 installments, ODST and Reach, introduced a whole cast of characters that I found so much more interesting than Master Chief ever was.

    I mean the end of ODST was awesome, and I would really love to see what happened to those guys after they handed off what they had.

    mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    mxmarks wrote: »
    The biggest problem I have with Halo 4 is simply that the last 2 installments, ODST and Reach, introduced a whole cast of characters that I found so much more interesting than Master Chief ever was.

    I mean the end of ODST was awesome, and I would really love to see what happened to those guys after they handed off what they had.

    Except by the end of Reach
    All of those new characters were dead.

    I know it's not technically what happened, but I just assume that the ODST guys are the marines with Cheif on the Ark, since it's the same voices and all.

    The only other characters I'd like to play as/see their story unfold is the Arbiter and friends. I'd love a game going back to their home planet and saving that shit like a boss.

    Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    A game where I play as an elite under the Spec Ops Commander and the Arbiter's forces as they retake their homeworld would render my wallet bereft of funds.

    Gatsby on
  • Options
    CyborgZetaCyborgZeta Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    [*]Mulitplayer is handled via Reach. Because Halo 1's does not hold up. And everyone would pistol whore.[/LIST]
    Worst part of this.

    All I wanted was Halo: CE with online. No alterations or anything. Guess it's too much to ask for.

    CyborgZeta on
    "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself...That is coffee." - Godot
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    it's too broken to ask for, really. people would complain loudly if they changed anything, but i think we'd all complain louder if they left it the same. i think releasing the maps in reach is a good move.

    Local H Jay on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    CyborgZeta wrote: »
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    [*]Mulitplayer is handled via Reach. Because Halo 1's does not hold up. And everyone would pistol whore.[/LIST]
    Worst part of this.

    All I wanted was Halo: CE with online. No alterations or anything. Guess it's too much to ask for.

    It's impossible to bring Halo: CE (Xbox) online with no alterations, on both a technical (biggest one) and balance level.


    Also the original plan for Halo 3's expansion, according to Joe Staten, was a game that followed the Arbiter and Half-Jaw right after the end of Halo 3. They certainly set it up if 343 wants to revisit the idea.

    FyreWulff on
  • Options
    JerikTelorianJerikTelorian Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    it's too broken to ask for, really. people would complain loudly if they changed anything, but i think we'd all complain louder if they left it the same. i think releasing the maps in reach is a good move.

    Agreed. People will be cranky after hearing that we won't see CE on XBL, but the rabble would be unending as people nitpick every single problem with the netcode, as well as start an unending war about balance. It's really a no-win situation, and I think bringing back map favorites is the better idea.

    Halo's Multiplayer has really evolved, and I think the multiplayer now is better, if not nostalgic.

    JerikTelorian on
    SteamID -- JerikTelorian
    XBL: LiquidSnake2061
    Shade wrote: »
    Anyone notice how some things (mattresses and the copy machines in Highrise) are totally impenetrable? A steel wall, yeah that makes sense, but bullets should obliterate copy machines.

    I don't know about you, but I always buy a bullet proof printer. Its a lot more expensive, but I think the advantages are apparent.
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    CyborgZeta wrote: »
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    [*]Mulitplayer is handled via Reach. Because Halo 1's does not hold up. And everyone would pistol whore.[/LIST]
    Worst part of this.

    All I wanted was Halo: CE with online. No alterations or anything. Guess it's too much to ask for.

    Damn right it is. It's fine when you're dicking around with the guys at home, but as soon as you put that online where people have no compunction about getting every little advantage they can, it's a broken mess. Nobody really wants online multiplayer for their favourite old games, they want to be fifteen again with three friends fighting over who's watching whose screen.

    Look how long Perfect Dark XBLA lasted.

    Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    Willeth wrote: »
    CyborgZeta wrote: »
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    [*]Mulitplayer is handled via Reach. Because Halo 1's does not hold up. And everyone would pistol whore.[/LIST]
    Worst part of this.

    All I wanted was Halo: CE with online. No alterations or anything. Guess it's too much to ask for.

    Damn right it is. It's fine when you're dicking around with the guys at home, but as soon as you put that online where people have no compunction about getting every little advantage they can, it's a broken mess. Nobody really wants online multiplayer for their favourite old games, they want to be fifteen again with three friends fighting over who's watching whose screen.

    Look how long Perfect Dark XBLA lasted.

    And Perfect Dark XBLA was the #2 or #3 selling game of 2010, outselling MNC. So it wasn't for a lack of sales.

    FyreWulff on
  • Options
    OmnomnomPancakeOmnomnomPancake Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I am making a wildcard prediction that any future Halo game that focuses on the elites or whatever will have terrible samurai Kinect swordplay.

    OmnomnomPancake on
  • Options
    FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I think that 343 actually had to go with the Chief for this one. They are sort of caught in an unenviable position where they have to make the new Halo feel "like a Bungie game" and that is regrettably going to mean that they don't deviate too drastically from the first trilogy.

    So unless they wanted to rehash the story of "Humans v. Covies SWERVE It's the Flood", they had to keep the main character. Which is fine by me, because I'd rather "same protagonist, different setting" then "incredibly similar protagonist, incredibly similar setting".

    FecklessRogue on
  • Options
    Angel177Angel177 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    mxmarks wrote: »
    If were being this nitpicky, I need to share that my favorite part was at the very end when the force of whatever was going on was so strong it sucked everything out that he had to grab onto something to keep from being sucked into space...

    And then stands and lets go and everything's cool.

    The suit's boots are magnetic, its talked about in the books and comics, As for the propulsion system, I could see the being a Zero G only thing. The suit has an air processer, It could for sure vent a gas.

    Angel177 on
    6103544412_a48002080a.jpg
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm pretty interested to see where they go with the story for 4, considering that the Chief is (presumably) cut off entirely from any allies. No more Pelicans picking you up at the end of a level, no more Marines riding shotgun with you in the Warthog, etc.

    Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I hope they go the Portal route and just have you, Cortana, and all the enemies you can handle.

    CaptainNemo on
    PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I really want halo 4 and 343 studios to make a good halo game but I just don't see it. I think they've lost too many people from bungie to really care about making another good halo game.

    When I say " I think a game is going to be bad" I always hope i'm wrong.

    OH AND ALSO...

    http://www.wired.com/autopia/2011/06/this-new-unimog-looks-like-a-poison-frog/

    I swear this vehicle needs a warthog shell and it would be complete.

    Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I just bought Reach because Blockbuster is closing down and i got it new for $20, Map packs are expensive...=( Anyways, I am terrible, I havent played a Halo online basically since the first one, any tips?

    Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    Noble Six ActualNoble Six Actual Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm very interested because of the isolation aspect. There's a mysterious planet, presumably containing a new enemy, and the Chief and Cortana are all alone.

    Unless they've decided that planet is the exit. And there are SPARTANs inside.

    EDIT: As cool as a cutscene summarizing GoO for newcomers would be, I kind of want them to let Nylund wrap up the novel storylines in book form. I'm worried piling all that canon on to a game would be too much for people buying it "So they can stop being gay ass ODISTS [sic] and the Reach faggots." From working at Gamestop for two and a half years, I've heard enough bashing on Bungie's attempts at being more story-heavy as it is.

    Noble Six Actual on
    XBL: JerichoTwoFour / PSN: ZeroFourThree
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I just bought Reach because Blockbuster is closing down and i got it new for $20, Map packs are expensive...=( Anyways, I am terrible, I havent played a Halo online basically since the first one, any tips?

    Melee works a lot differently - one hit will remove all your shields but only your shields, no matter how much you have. A hit on an unshielded enemy is an instant kill.

    Find each weapon's ideal pace. It's now possible to fire a weapon faster than is accurate - your shot will hit at a point somewhere within the blooming reticule, weighted towards the centre, so if you're firing as fast as possible you will have trouble hitting the final headshot.

    Other than that it plays a lot like Halo 2 (the first one that had online play) in terms of movement, strategy, etc. Stickies, swords, DMRs and grenades. If you add some of us to your list we'll play - but I would recommend playing the campaign first to get a handle on the controls and new weapons.

    Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I really want halo 4 and 343 studios to make a good halo game but I just don't see it.

    What, exactly, are you basing this off of?

    Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    DarisDaris Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I just bought Reach because Blockbuster is closing down and i got it new for $20, Map packs are expensive...=( Anyways, I am terrible, I havent played a Halo online basically since the first one, any tips?

    Go into forge and practice with the grenade launcher. Get good with that gun and you will wreck people and vehicles. I know I do.

    Daris on
  • Options
    C2BC2B SwitzerlandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Lead Game Designer of Halo 4 will be Scott Warner. He was previously the Lead Designer on Mercenaries 2 and before that he worked at Black Isle.

    C2B on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    He also worked on Full Spectrum Warrior.

    Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    Also been confirmed that H:A just includes a code for the maps, it doesn't install them.

    It'd still be nice if we could get a true Reach Mythic so DLC is actually possible to use in LAN setups without having to have every Xbox buy them and have a HDD..

    FyreWulff on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    Also:

    Map Testing Tonight begins at 7pm CST

    This is the absolute last session where I'll accept new maps. If you've EVER mentioned a map to me, please send an email to cartographers@bungie.org so that I'm sure to get it into the next test sessions. But since the fate of the CC process is "unknown", I want to just test existing submissions from here on out before we encounter the cutoff for the July update.

    We'll run through a multitude of maps and modes so if you don't like how a game is turning out, please don't quit in the middle of it. Stay until the end, then leave. If people ditch in the middle of a game then it's a waste of film and time.

    FyreWulff on
  • Options
    Angel177Angel177 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Arhat177 - New gamer tag for a month since some dick hacked me and spent all my MS bucks of FIFA!

    Angel177 on
    6103544412_a48002080a.jpg
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2011
    Angel177 wrote: »
    Arhat177 - New gamer tag for a month since some dick hacked me and spent all my MS bucks of FIFA!

    That's actually interesting because most people that I've seen get hacked? The person that stole the account immediately spends money on FIFA DLC.

    Must be some sort of giant black market for that game.

    FyreWulff on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    hackers are huuuge soccer fans

    Local H Jay on
  • Options
    elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'll see if I can be there for the map testing. I could use some Halo shooting with PA mans.

    On hacked accounts: Likely they are selling them to Brazilians and such for cheap and no recurring subscription.

    elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Kor wrote: »
    I really want halo 4 and 343 studios to make a good halo game but I just don't see it.

    What, exactly, are you basing this off of?

    343 industries isn't bungie. Only frank o'connor is staying along with 343 and that's all we've heard from the original group. Someone mentioned a rumor of a redefined interface, This could be good and it could be terribly bad. Finally, I don't think 343 is going to put the level of detail that bungie did. They will be bogged down too much with Microsoft policies. The only time this works is when large group leaves to continue. Even then, it's still iffy.

    Tl;dr- They aren't bungie and they will never be bungie.

    Viscountalpha on
Sign In or Register to comment.