As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Indie hybrid town defense/rpg game?

DracilDracil Registered User regular
edited January 2011 in Games and Technology
So I've been trying to re-find this particular game but the words common to it are so generic it's kinda hard to google.

All I remember is that it was a fantasy game where you had to manage a town by recruiting people who had their own stats, and you could keep them in the town to do their thing, or you could take them with your party to go out and kill monsters. It was some indie game with indie-game level graphics.

Alternatively, I'm also interested in other games in the same vein. i.e. Sandboxy games where you have to set up a base and survive. Not exactly tower defense, but games like Dungeon Keeper, Stronghold, Majesty, Dwarf Fortress, etc.

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
Dracil on

• Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    There's a pretty simple Wiiware game that does just that, its FF:CC My Life as a King.

Simple as all hell and painfully addictive for all of a week.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    YoshuaYoshua Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    You're probably thinking of Hinterland.

You roamed around the map Diablo style whacking monsters so you could earn gold and find resources for your town. Building up your town opened up possibilities for newer and better recruits, which you could take with you or leave behind to defend your town.

Awesome concept, but the execution was a little lacking for my taste. After one or two playthroughs, it just didn't seem worthwhile to keep playing, and you can beat a playthrough in one sitting easily.

Yoshua on
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ah yes, I believe that was it!

And yeah, I have My Life as a King as well.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide