As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Parks & Recreation]: And so we come to the end of all things.

• Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Anyone wanna jam for like 14 hours?

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Kinda disappointed in how they treated Twilight. Was hoping for a lot more mockery of the subject.

Delta Assault on
  • Options
    DasBootDasBoot Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I once shared an office with someone who was way too into Twilight. My office became Vampire romance novel central on several occasions. There aren't enough expense reports in the world to drown out the kind of stuff people obsess over once they've gone from Twilight to Southern Vampire Mysteries to Z-Grade dregs of fad-snatching wal-mart value rack stuff they started reading.

I found this episode struck a bit too close to my own personal experience.

DasBoot on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My Little Game Blog - http://profundospielen.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    This show went from having an almost unwatchable first season to being tied for Community as strongest sitcom on the big three networks.

Rob Lowe's character is brilliant. I loved this episode.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    DoomSong8DoomSong8 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Kinda disappointed in how they treated Twilight. Was hoping for a lot more mockery of the subject.
    And risk alienating a portion of their audience?

I thought they handled it excellently, a great blend of people who loathe it, and people who love it but are obviously annoying.

DoomSong8 on
    578991-5FHNJ36.jpg
    XBL:Gravity MD PSN:Gravity1204 Steam:Gravity1204
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    'You wouldnt want to move to Canada?'

/spits up water

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ron Swanson just punched out a fucking window.

The only way that could have been more manly is if he were eating a turkey leg with the other hand.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Oh my god...

Ron has red white and blue beads in his hair.

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • Options
    fortisfortis OhioRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    "I didn't shave it off. It rubbed off... from friction." :rotate:

fortis on
  • Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Oh my God, Tammy kicking the crap out of Tom had me dying.

I was out of the room during the commercial break and didn't see it, but I was reading in Alan Sepinwall's blog that NBC mistakenly showed some promo during the commercial break that contained some massive storyline spoiler from much later in the season. So, if you DVR'd it, don't stop at any promos.

Captain Tragedy on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, I caught it.

It's kind of big.

OptimusZed on

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    PhonehandPhonehand Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    i just jumped on my computer to check on that

WAY TO GO NBC

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
  • Options
    fortisfortis OhioRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Sepinwall said it was meant to play off of Ron and Tammy.

fortis on
  • Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Good thing CTV shows different commercials.

finnith on
    Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Do yourself a favor and don't even quickly scan Comment sections of any website that reviews the episode. Some asshat at another website left a comment right near the top that was like "WHY DID THEY SHOW [UNMARKED SPOILER] DURING THE COMMERCIAL?!?" Thanks, guy.

It's not a massive deal since I don't watch Parks and Rec for amazing plot developments and twists, but it still kinda sucks.

Captain Tragedy on
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I really enjoyed season 2, and season 3 looks great as well, but am I the only one who finds that Amy Poehler is not funny in this show. At all. Her character has never made me even chuckle. And now that I realize Paul Schneider is gone for good, does that mean there's going to be even more Andy? Because that dude just ain't funny and is so out of place he ruins half the scenes he's in.

Still, great show. Surprisingly funny once it picked up.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Page- wrote: »
    I really enjoyed season 2, and season 3 looks great as well, but am I the only one who finds that Amy Poehler is not funny in this show. At all. Her character has never made me even chuckle. And now that I realize Paul Schneider is gone for good, does that mean there's going to be even more Andy? Because that dude just ain't funny and is so out of place he ruins half the scenes he's in.

I think you're watching wrong.

DoomSong8 on
    578991-5FHNJ36.jpg
  • Options
    FirstComradeStalinFirstComradeStalin Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I saw that and thought it was just a joke based off the time April said "It's going really well, we're gonna get married and I'm having his baby" and it would just be a list of absurd stuff they'd try to scam people to bring to their "wedding".

FirstComradeStalin on
    Picture1-4.png
  • Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I recently watched the entire series (except for the first few episodes, which I thought were less than stellar) and Parks and Recreation is now among my favorite comedy series. I laughed so hard when Tammy beat the shit out of Tom. And I liked it when Sam Seaborn took an entire fist of pills.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ron nearly choking on his water at the thought of moving to Canada was hilarious. And I'm Canadian!!

Also, "What are you, some kind of pervert?" from the cop was hilarious.

quovadis13 on
  • Options
    useless4useless4 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Were you watching just for Paul Schneider?

I am slightly confused why you are watching this show if you don't like Leslie or Andy?

useless4 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    "I didn't shave it off. It rubbed off. From friction."

:shock:

Delta Assault on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Andy is the best part of the show

how could anyone not like Andy

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    RhalloTonnyRhalloTonny Of the BrownlandsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Andy is the best part of the show

how could anyone not like Andy

The look on his face when he saw video-Ron was just so happy!

RhalloTonny on
    !
  • Options
    Bad KittyBad Kitty Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ewww. ewww ewww ewww. God this episode had a lot of squick PDA moments. Still hilarious, though.

Bad Kitty on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Andy went from most unlikeable character on the show to the 2nd best behind Ron once Burt Macklin of the f*****g FBI showed up on the job. That whole scene was probably the funniest thing in season 2.

quovadis13 on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Andy went from most unlikeable character on the show to the 2nd best behind Ron once Burt Macklin of the f*****g FBI showed up on the job. That whole scene was probably the funniest thing in season 2.

To be fair, Burt Macklin first shows up in "97 Meetings", which is the funniest episode of the series so far.

Runners-up: The Swanson Code, The New Fall Cover, and The Telethon

Taramoor on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Taramoor wrote: »

To be fair, Burt Macklin first shows up in "97 Meetings", which is the funniest episode of the series so far.

Burt Macklin shows up to interview Greg Pikitis in the Halloween episode naturally titled "Greg Pikitis". I have seen season 2 way too many times to count and can practically quote the entire season at this point.

quovadis13 on
  • Options
    sterling3763sterling3763 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    useless4 wrote: »

I am slightly confused why you are watching this show if you don't like Leslie or Andy?

Two words: Jean-Ralphio.

(that said I love both Leslie and Andy. You've got pickle hair and You got it from me...)

sterling3763 on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Taramoor wrote: »

Burt Macklin shows up to interview Greg Pikitis in the Halloween episode naturally titled "Greg Pikitis". I have seen season 2 way too many times to count and can practically quote the entire season at this point.

I believe I have just been, to quote the common nomenclature, Told.

97 Meetings is still my favorite episode though.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Megan Mullally's still got it

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    useless4 wrote: »

Watching it for everyone who isn't Leslie or Andy. Paul Schneider's character was middle of the road, but at least he didn't break the show with how dumb his character was (like Andy does). I'm not a fan of characters who are stupid for the sake of it, and he's just not funny. Leslie isn't funny, either, but at least she allows for things to happen that are funny.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    stream
  • Options
    OpiumOpium regular
    edited February 2011
    Andy is obviously the weakest link of this ensemble, but he hasn't become insufferable to me yet

They shouldn't overuse him though, maybe the way they use Meredith and Creed on the Office would be better for him

Opium on
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    As long as Ron Swanson is on this show being awesome, everyone else is irrelevant.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    My favorite episode is Hunting Trip. I'm a sucker for Swanson-heavy plots.

DoomSong8 on
    578991-5FHNJ36.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Watching it for everyone who isn't Leslie or Andy. Paul Schneider's character was middle of the road, but at least he didn't break the show with how dumb his character was (like Andy does). I'm not a fan of characters who are stupid for the sake of it, and he's just not funny. Leslie isn't funny, either, but at least she allows for things to happen that are funny.

I think you're crazy. Paul Schneider's character was unquestionably the worst thing about the show in the first two seasons.

Delta Assault on
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

I think you're crazy. Paul Schneider's character was unquestionably the worst thing about the show in the first two seasons.

Seconded. The character just went nowhere.

The cast as it is right now, with Scott and Lowe, is perfect.

Atomika on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I only watched season 2, and he didn't bother me. He mostly stayed in the background, had sarcastic line now and then, and that was it. He was a side character that helped to ground the rest of the cast.

Page- on
    stream
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I only watched season 2, and he didn't bother me. He mostly stayed in the background, had sarcastic line now and then, and that was it. He was a side character that helped to ground the rest of the cast.
    He was Jim Halpert on a show that didn't need Jim Halpert.

OptimusZed on

• Options
    edited February 2011
    Don't watch The Office US, so I wasn't getting that double-dose.

There are characters who can do a better job at taking that spot now, which is fine; I don't miss him.

Page- on
    stream