As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] [Chat] 4.0.6 broke stuff. Some care, others mock them for it. Film at 11

1246764

Posts

  • WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Preacher wrote: »
    What I hate with the "Fuck cc I can tank it all" often times the mob cc'd is an aoe'r so while the tank can live through it, as a meele dps I'm eating aoes so he can stroke his epeen. Its like a tank in heroic lost city who wouldn't move the guys out of their earthquake, had to just step back and jerk off I guess.

    Another thing if you have to kick a dps, when you get another one mention what happened if only briefly. I do it with healers and tanks so they know the group isn't shit awful, but it really helps when I join after a 30+ wait and know "Ok I'm filling in for the weak link".

    I usually tell the person replacing the person I kicked why I kicked them to hopefully encourage them to do better.

    Walt on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Walt wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    What I hate with the "Fuck cc I can tank it all" often times the mob cc'd is an aoe'r so while the tank can live through it, as a meele dps I'm eating aoes so he can stroke his epeen. Its like a tank in heroic lost city who wouldn't move the guys out of their earthquake, had to just step back and jerk off I guess.

    Another thing if you have to kick a dps, when you get another one mention what happened if only briefly. I do it with healers and tanks so they know the group isn't shit awful, but it really helps when I join after a 30+ wait and know "Ok I'm filling in for the weak link".

    I usually tell the person replacing the person I kicked why I kicked them to hopefully encourage them to do better.

    That's what I like! Especially if I'm joining an inprogress 4/5 run. Did the last guy leave? Was he vote kicked to be a jerk etc etc.

    I haven't been vote kicked out of an instance since I was level 18, but I still worry I could get the sudden loading screen.

    One thing I've found thats super assholish, if you are leaving an instance to do something else (go to work, take a nap, hate the group). Just fucking leave, dcing and forcing the group to kick you gives everyone there a cooldown on kicking and prevents them from using the tool for its proper use. If you really have to go, then you won't worry about getting a deserter debuff.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Preacher wrote: »
    What I hate with the "Fuck cc I can tank it all" often times the mob cc'd is an aoe'r so while the tank can live through it, as a meele dps I'm eating aoes so he can stroke his epeen. Its like a tank in heroic lost city who wouldn't move the guys out of their earthquake, had to just step back and jerk off I guess.

    Another thing if you have to kick a dps, when you get another one mention what happened if only briefly. I do it with healers and tanks so they know the group isn't shit awful, but it really helps when I join after a 30+ wait and know "Ok I'm filling in for the weak link".

    I do it because I know every single Mob ability that has the potential to kill the group, and mark them as kill targets. I don't know how capable other Tanks are at it, but Warriors have so many skills that mitigate damage and they do rediculous AE damage.

    Take the First few groups in Stonecore. What are the killers here? In order of worry

    Millhouse - Skull - Just get him to 50% health and send him to the next group
    Stonecore Earthshaper - X - Interupt their Transform [Force of Earth] - Shield Bash / Concussive Blow / Shockwave / Heroic Throw + Gag order
    Stonecore Rager(? big tauren dudes) - Fury Swipes - Concussive Blow / Shockwave / Disarm
    Stonecore Warrior dudes - Charge + Bladestorm - Concussive Blow / Shockwave / Disarm

    Use Shield Wall or Last Stand+Enraged Regen when needed. Can do one almost every pull.

    As a Warrior Tank I can keep 80% of these abilities from doing damage. The Warrior Dudes occasionally charge a range and start spinning, but this is of no concern as the person will move away from him. Melee DPS might not always notice them spinning, but with Kill targets marked I can easily move the target away from the spinning blade of death and the Melee DPS will follow.

    At 17-26k DPS each(Myself and Fire Mage) the groups die before the healer has used 20k mana.

    Buddies on
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Preacher wrote: »
    One thing I've found thats super assholish, if you are leaving an instance to do something else (go to work, take a nap, hate the group). Just fucking leave, dcing and forcing the group to kick you gives everyone there a cooldown on kicking and prevents them from using the tool for its proper use. If you really have to go, then you won't worry about getting a deserter debuff.

    Had a run this weekend where the mage never even zoned into the dungeon. She was out doing Argent Tournement dailies the entire time and refused to zone in or even say anything. We had to wait 10 fucking minutes before we were even allowed to kick her. Ended up 4-manning the first boss of BRC.

    The whole kicking system is such bullshit though. There needs to be more rules in place, like if the retarded person is offline or not in the dungeon for an extended period of time, there is no waiting period for kicks.

    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • XArchangelXXArchangelX Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Tanked a Heroic DM last night, wiped a few times on account of my dumb, but went really smooth, everyone was helpfull, did their job. Good times, good times. I love it when a PuG comes together.

    XArchangelX on
    Eve Online is a terrible game, but I used to play, for the lulz!
    Steam
    Only the strong can help the weak.
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Preacher wrote: »
    Yeah endgame mats are always fucked up price wise. Way cheaper then their previous options. Like fucking khorium. Made jeeves over the weekend had to spend 2 hours flying over outland (found a nice instant death spot between shadow moon valley and hellfire, and by nice I mean FUCK YOU!!!!!), because I was fucking damned if I was dropping 500 gold on khorium. Titansteel was cheaper by far.

    As far as energy cost, on the add phase on most bosses you aren't exactly using your energy for anything, and even if its to take out shards, group survival is better then another hit on the boss.

    Also fuck the alliance elders. Jesus you guys have it a lot god damn easier then the horde. Ironforge alone is ridiculous.

    Yeah, I was able to get all three Horde city elders yesterday without even bing attacked once. It was so easy.

    LockedOnTarget on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Preacher wrote: »
    Yeah endgame mats are always fucked up price wise. Way cheaper then their previous options. Like fucking khorium. Made jeeves over the weekend had to spend 2 hours flying over outland (found a nice instant death spot between shadow moon valley and hellfire, and by nice I mean FUCK YOU!!!!!), because I was fucking damned if I was dropping 500 gold on khorium. Titansteel was cheaper by far.

    As far as energy cost, on the add phase on most bosses you aren't exactly using your energy for anything, and even if its to take out shards, group survival is better then another hit on the boss.

    Also fuck the alliance elders. Jesus you guys have it a lot god damn easier then the horde. Ironforge alone is ridiculous.

    Yeah, I was able to get all three Horde city elders yesterday without even bing attacked once. It was so easy.

    Compare that to the alliance jerks (and prior to cata stormwind used to not be outside the city but in the now destroyed park), I mean IF is bad naturally, but darn is no picnic either, with either taking a portal and eating a death, or flying way way the fuck up to your stupid tree city and then still probably dying to the flying guards + npc gang bang.

    Just like Pilgrims bounty was way easier for allies vs horde, draenai vs blood elf city alone.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Preacher wrote: »
    Yeah endgame mats are always fucked up price wise. Way cheaper then their previous options. Like fucking khorium. Made jeeves over the weekend had to spend 2 hours flying over outland (found a nice instant death spot between shadow moon valley and hellfire, and by nice I mean FUCK YOU!!!!!), because I was fucking damned if I was dropping 500 gold on khorium. Titansteel was cheaper by far.

    As far as energy cost, on the add phase on most bosses you aren't exactly using your energy for anything, and even if its to take out shards, group survival is better then another hit on the boss.

    Also fuck the alliance elders. Jesus you guys have it a lot god damn easier then the horde. Ironforge alone is ridiculous.

    Yeah, I was able to get all three Horde city elders yesterday without even bing attacked once. It was so easy.

    Eh, they are all easy if you have Old Weather Flying :P Stormwind is right outside the gates - nothing in your way. Ironforge is tricky but you can fly in there to avoid all the guards - I know, I've done it on my Orc ;P Darnassus is pretty easy too - don't take the teleport and just fly there.

    They were all pretty easy on my Druid though with flying - only one I had trouble with so far was Crossroads, but mainly because I was too slow clicking the dude and the guards murdered me.

    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    One thing I've found thats super assholish, if you are leaving an instance to do something else (go to work, take a nap, hate the group). Just fucking leave, dcing and forcing the group to kick you gives everyone there a cooldown on kicking and prevents them from using the tool for its proper use. If you really have to go, then you won't worry about getting a deserter debuff.

    Had a run this weekend where the mage never even zoned into the dungeon. She was out doing Argent Tournement dailies the entire time and refused to zone in or even say anything. We had to wait 10 fucking minutes before we were even allowed to kick her. Ended up 4-manning the first boss of BRC.

    The whole kicking system is such bullshit though. There needs to be more rules in place, like if the retarded person is offline or not in the dungeon for an extended period of time, there is no waiting period for kicks.

    Honestly if you don't zone in in 5 minutes it should give you the debuff for being an asshole.

    bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The one thing I've noticed in that Alliance on my server go on a witch hunt whenever I go into their city, inevitable trying to get the guards to kill me so I lose durability and corpse camping, but whenever someone reports an Alliance in a Horde city everyones all "Meh, so what."

    Man, I have all the gear from the city midsummer fires from way back when. Good times.

    Blurbl on
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Blurbl wrote: »
    The one thing I've noticed in that Alliance on my server go on a witch hunt whenever I go into their city, inevitable trying to get the guards to kill me so I lose durability and corpse camping, but whenever someone reports an Alliance in a Horde city everyones all "Meh, so what."

    Man, I have all the gear from the city midsummer fires from way back when. Good times.

    It is vengeance for all the battlegrounds you guys win :P

    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Yeah endgame mats are always fucked up price wise. Way cheaper then their previous options. Like fucking khorium. Made jeeves over the weekend had to spend 2 hours flying over outland (found a nice instant death spot between shadow moon valley and hellfire, and by nice I mean FUCK YOU!!!!!), because I was fucking damned if I was dropping 500 gold on khorium. Titansteel was cheaper by far.

    As far as energy cost, on the add phase on most bosses you aren't exactly using your energy for anything, and even if its to take out shards, group survival is better then another hit on the boss.

    Also fuck the alliance elders. Jesus you guys have it a lot god damn easier then the horde. Ironforge alone is ridiculous.

    Yeah, I was able to get all three Horde city elders yesterday without even bing attacked once. It was so easy.

    Eh, they are all easy if you have Old Weather Flying :P Stormwind is right outside the gates - nothing in your way. Ironforge is tricky but you can fly in there to avoid all the guards - I know, I've done it on my Orc ;P Darnassus is pretty easy too - don't take the teleport and just fly there.

    They were all pretty easy on my Druid though with flying - only one I had trouble with so far was Crossroads, but mainly because I was too slow clicking the dude and the guards murdered me.

    Its just allies have it way easier, look at the horde elders compared to the alliance ones. The only one allies could complain about is ogrimmar, and if you hitch a ride on top of the blimp thats a lay up too.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I did feel a moment of vindication when I pugged with a couple people from my older server (kul tiras) and they were very bad. One was even named bad example and I'll be fucking damned if he didn't provide just that in each fight he did.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Alliance is definately harder just by definition of how their cities are built (Horde cities tend to be really open, plus they love to put all the Undercity shit in the throne room which I still find hilarious). But overall, with azeroth flying I think they are all pretty easy now.

    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I really want to level a Priest now.

    We just had a Shadow Priest MC'ing the Witches in ToT and oh my god so much damage.

    Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm done leveling any new characters. I have my rogue at 85, with a drake of the westwind and a sizeable chunk of cash + maxed arch. Not doing any of those grinds ever again!

    Besides I like playing my rogue and feel useful in groups as a damager and accessory.

    My one complaint on arch is how boring troll relics are, dwarves have a ton of lore and interesting commons, trolls are the same shitty boring pieces over and over.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Yeah endgame mats are always fucked up price wise. Way cheaper then their previous options. Like fucking khorium. Made jeeves over the weekend had to spend 2 hours flying over outland (found a nice instant death spot between shadow moon valley and hellfire, and by nice I mean FUCK YOU!!!!!), because I was fucking damned if I was dropping 500 gold on khorium. Titansteel was cheaper by far.

    As far as energy cost, on the add phase on most bosses you aren't exactly using your energy for anything, and even if its to take out shards, group survival is better then another hit on the boss.

    Also fuck the alliance elders. Jesus you guys have it a lot god damn easier then the horde. Ironforge alone is ridiculous.

    Yeah, I was able to get all three Horde city elders yesterday without even bing attacked once. It was so easy.

    Eh, they are all easy if you have Old Weather Flying :P Stormwind is right outside the gates - nothing in your way. Ironforge is tricky but you can fly in there to avoid all the guards - I know, I've done it on my Orc ;P Darnassus is pretty easy too - don't take the teleport and just fly there.

    They were all pretty easy on my Druid though with flying - only one I had trouble with so far was Crossroads, but mainly because I was too slow clicking the dude and the guards murdered me.

    Yep, 5 years of playing alliance means I know exactly how a griffon flys into Ironforge, and I know exactly where the holes in those walls are. Old World Flying has made this pretty easy. I did it last year on my paladin (as alliance), and remember Org being suicide.

    Bobble on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I take back any complaint I ever made about Vortex Pinnacles trash, I ran magisters terrace for the bc dungeon achievement over the weekend, and man alive that instance is full of shitty large trash packs.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Preacher wrote: »
    My one complaint on arch is how boring troll relics are, dwarves have a ton of lore and interesting commons, trolls are the same shitty boring pieces over and over.

    I don't know why Troll archeology is so sparse. The digsites are nearly as common as Night Elf and Dwarf.

    Fossil is dull, too, but that's mainly because you get both rares before you even max the profession.

    DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Preacher wrote: »
    My one complaint on arch is how boring troll relics are, dwarves have a ton of lore and interesting commons, trolls are the same shitty boring pieces over and over.

    I don't know why Troll archeology is so sparse. The digsites are nearly as common as Night Elf and Dwarf.

    Fossil is dull, too, but that's mainly because you get both rares before you even max the profession.

    Yeah I don't mind the flying and such, I just get bored of the artifacts. If they all had story stuff like the dwarf ones, I'd do more. Though I did notice a spelling issue with the krol relic. The meta has it spelled right, the actual item is spelled Korl.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Preacher wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    My one complaint on arch is how boring troll relics are, dwarves have a ton of lore and interesting commons, trolls are the same shitty boring pieces over and over.

    I don't know why Troll archeology is so sparse. The digsites are nearly as common as Night Elf and Dwarf.

    Fossil is dull, too, but that's mainly because you get both rares before you even max the profession.

    Yeah I don't mind the flying and such, I just get bored of the artifacts. If they all had story stuff like the dwarf ones, I'd do more. Though I did notice a spelling issue with the krol relic. The meta has it spelled right, the actual item is spelled Korl.

    The Headress of the First Shaman says something to the effect of it being very "powerfu"

    Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    My one complaint on arch is how boring troll relics are, dwarves have a ton of lore and interesting commons, trolls are the same shitty boring pieces over and over.

    I don't know why Troll archeology is so sparse. The digsites are nearly as common as Night Elf and Dwarf.

    Fossil is dull, too, but that's mainly because you get both rares before you even max the profession.

    Yeah I don't mind the flying and such, I just get bored of the artifacts. If they all had story stuff like the dwarf ones, I'd do more. Though I did notice a spelling issue with the krol relic. The meta has it spelled right, the actual item is spelled Korl.

    The Headress of the First Shaman says something to the effect of it being very "powerfu"

    Lay off the janitor guys. Someone's gotta do the dirty work, and professions are a very dirty piece of work.

    Bobble on
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The Alliance Elders are really not very difficult. Here's how I did it with almost no fuss: Darnassus? Fly to directly above where the elder is, fly straight down, snag it and fly off giggling. Shit I didn't even die once. Almost but not quite. As previously mentioned, the Stormwind Elder is outside the gate what more do you want.

    Ironforge is the only toughie, and even that can be brute forced with minimal effort. I flew straight through the gates as far as I could, ran, died. I then ghosted back in to the farthest point from my corpse in the direction of the Elder I could while still being able to ressurect, did so, ran the rest of the way. Got it with only one rez, then died and ate rez sickness to get back out. Easy really. The lava gutters in Ironforge are a nice place to avoid guard attention for some of the hike.

    Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So someone announced in trade chat last time that they had deleted all of their characters and were quiting wow.

    Why do people do this or was this person just trolling? I can never tell.

    Smaug6 on
    steam_sig.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Smaug6 wrote: »
    So someone announced in trade chat last time that they had deleted all of their characters and were quiting wow.

    Why do people do this or was this person just trolling? I can never tell.

    LOOK AT ME SOMEONE PAY ATTENTION I EXIST LOOK AT ME!?

    Trolling really lame attention whoring. Honestly its this belief someone cares. Even if Wow loses juggernaut status Everquest and everquest 2 continue to put out expansions and both those don't even have 5% of wows player base. This whole belief that Wow is going to crash is ridiculous.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    We had a guy quit and delete all his characters (and gave me all his Darkmoon cards and Scribe mats since he and I were both working on Insane). The reason was due to him feeling like he was getting addicted and fucking up his real world life by way of the game (he had just broke up with his girlfriend recently, not sure if it was WoW related though) and the only way he felt he could quit was going cold turkey and salting the earth so there was nothing to return to. This was all internal to the guild though, if someone's doing it in Trade it's definitely a troll or someone attention whoring.

    Opty on
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Opty wrote: »
    We had a guy quit and delete all his characters (and gave me all his Darkmoon cards and Scribe mats since he and I were both working on Insane). The reason was due to him feeling like he was getting addicted and fucking up his real world life by way of the game (he had just broke up with his girlfriend recently, not sure if it was WoW related though) and the only way he felt he could quit was going cold turkey and salting the earth so there was nothing to return to. This was all internal to the guild though, if someone's doing it in Trade it's definitely a troll or someone attention whoring.

    That's fairly reasonable, really.

    On another note, I had a question for you all. Justice Points, what would you say are some of the fastest and/or easiest way to accumulate them these days? They're one topic I'm not as versed on as I should be perhaps.

    Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Opty wrote: »
    We had a guy quit and delete all his characters (and gave me all his Darkmoon cards and Scribe mats since he and I were both working on Insane). The reason was due to him feeling like he was getting addicted and fucking up his real world life by way of the game (he had just broke up with his girlfriend recently, not sure if it was WoW related though) and the only way he felt he could quit was going cold turkey and salting the earth so there was nothing to return to. This was all internal to the guild though, if someone's doing it in Trade it's definitely a troll or someone attention whoring.

    That's fairly reasonable, really.

    On another note, I had a question for you all. Justice Points, what would you say are some of the fastest and/or easiest way to accumulate them these days? They're one topic I'm not as versed on as I should be perhaps.

    Heroics, you get 70 jps a boss and if you've done one heroic already you get another 70 on completion. Hell I mostly just do my one heroic a day and still find myself capping on them pretty fast.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    HHoO should give you the best returns on JP for environment. It's got 7 bosses so that's 490 JP right there in one go. If yer lucky enough that its your first random encounter, you get 560.

    Other than that, just run about 2-5 heroics in a day and you should net 280 - 1050 JP in total. Shouldn't be too hard to get a couple JP upgrades. Unless you've done rep grinding in which case you really only have to worry about maybe one or two JP buys since the rep epics will easily cover you.

    Jakarrd on
    Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

    76561197990097905.png
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Aren't you limited to a certain amount of Heroics per day

    Or is that just like, each Heroic dungeon can only be done once per day or how does that work?

    Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Each heroic can only be completed once per day.

    SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • simsim Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Dungeons & Raids
    Level-85 dungeon bosses in Lost City of the Tol'Vir, Grim Batol, and Halls of Origination now drop 30 Justice Points each when killed.
    The daily Random Dungeon reward on normal difficulty has been increased to 140 Justice Points, up from 70.
    Players no longer need to discover Cataclysm dungeon entrances in order to access them via the Dungeon Finder.
    Great, I'll get more tides and BRC fail groups now. Maybe this means I'll get less stonecore/lost city/halls groups, though.

    ToT bombed on my group the other day. We all DC when the dungeon started then each member we added later couldn't port into the dungeon. I wish I knew a way around that.

    sim on
  • BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Aren't you limited to a certain amount of Heroics per day

    Or is that just like, each Heroic dungeon can only be done once per day or how does that work?

    You can only specifically queue for a dungeon once a day. If you get that dungeon in a Random, it counts and won't let you Specifically queue for it but you can Random it again. Other than that, there are no restrictions on Random LFD. If all you do is Random Dungeons you can do them all day, and potentially get HoO 10 times.

    Buddies on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I do have to say I find it a lot more enjoyable to run my second heroic after I got my vps for the day. Because then its just for fun. If only jeeves didn't gouge so damn hard, come on not only did I build the fucker but I'm a goblin, apparently jeeves is the one faction you can never get above neutral.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Buddies wrote: »
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Aren't you limited to a certain amount of Heroics per day

    Or is that just like, each Heroic dungeon can only be done once per day or how does that work?

    You can only specifically queue for a dungeon once a day. If you get that dungeon in a Random, it counts and won't let you Specifically queue for it but you can Random it again. Other than that, there are no restrictions on Random LFD. If all you do is LFD you can do them all day, and potentially get HoO 10 times.

    For some reason I was expecting this to be

    I don't know, more of a pain in the ass. That seems quite reasonable.

    Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    sim wrote: »
    Dungeons & Raids
    Level-85 dungeon bosses in Lost City of the Tol'Vir, Grim Batol, and Halls of Origination now drop 30 Justice Points each when killed.
    The daily Random Dungeon reward on normal difficulty has been increased to 140 Justice Points, up from 70.
    Players no longer need to discover Cataclysm dungeon entrances in order to access them via the Dungeon Finder.
    Great, I'll get more tides and BRC fail groups now. Maybe this means I'll get less stonecore/lost city/halls groups, though.

    ToT bombed on my group the other day. We all DC when the dungeon started then each member we added later couldn't port into the dungeon. I wish I knew a way around that.

    I liked the discovery thing, though I admit that I never found the entrance to ToT until I was beyond the level to run it on normal.

    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    sim wrote: »
    Dungeons & Raids
    Level-85 dungeon bosses in Lost City of the Tol'Vir, Grim Batol, and Halls of Origination now drop 30 Justice Points each when killed.
    The daily Random Dungeon reward on normal difficulty has been increased to 140 Justice Points, up from 70.
    Players no longer need to discover Cataclysm dungeon entrances in order to access them via the Dungeon Finder.
    Great, I'll get more tides and BRC fail groups now. Maybe this means I'll get less stonecore/lost city/halls groups, though.

    ToT bombed on my group the other day. We all DC when the dungeon started then each member we added later couldn't port into the dungeon. I wish I knew a way around that.

    That cannot be a serious change? They're saying that the rewards were too high for heroics? Jesus, tap dancing..... goose.

    Also, yes, heroics can only be completed once per day, but I'm pretty sure if you're locked into Stonecore, doing a random heroic does not prevent you from getting another Stonecore.

    Bobble on
  • DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The heroic system is the same as its been since random was introduced.

    Random over-rides heroic lockouts.

    DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Me and the roommate are running dual pallies (him tank me heal) and omg, instant ques for everybody! I'm so sad in the pants my mage has to wait 40+ mins to get in.

    Jakarrd on
    Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

    76561197990097905.png
  • SentretSentret Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Bobble wrote: »
    sim wrote: »
    Dungeons & Raids
    Level-85 dungeon bosses in Lost City of the Tol'Vir, Grim Batol, and Halls of Origination now drop 30 Justice Points each when killed.
    That cannot be a serious change? They're saying that the rewards were too high for heroics? Jesus, tap dancing..... goose.

    Regulars, not heroics. Heroic jp rewards are thus far unchanged.

    Sentret on
This discussion has been closed.