As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] [Chat] 4.0.6 broke stuff. Some care, others mock them for it. Film at 11

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Bobble wrote: »
    sim wrote: »
    Dungeons & Raids
    Level-85 dungeon bosses in Lost City of the Tol'Vir, Grim Batol, and Halls of Origination now drop 30 Justice Points each when killed.
    The daily Random Dungeon reward on normal difficulty has been increased to 140 Justice Points, up from 70.
    Players no longer need to discover Cataclysm dungeon entrances in order to access them via the Dungeon Finder.
    Great, I'll get more tides and BRC fail groups now. Maybe this means I'll get less stonecore/lost city/halls groups, though.

ToT bombed on my group the other day. We all DC when the dungeon started then each member we added later couldn't port into the dungeon. I wish I knew a way around that.

That cannot be a serious change? They're saying that the rewards were too high for heroics? Jesus, tap dancing..... goose.

Also, yes, heroics can only be completed once per day, but I'm pretty sure if you're locked into Stonecore, doing a random heroic does not prevent you from getting another Stonecore.

You're reading that wrong, the normal 85s now drop JPs.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited January 2011
    Jakarrd wrote: »
    Me and the roommate are running dual pallies (him tank me heal) and omg, instant ques for everybody! I'm so sad in the pants my mage has to wait 40+ mins to get in.

Only thing I hate about the time is when you get into a failtastic run you stick it out longer hoping that someone pulls their head out of their ass.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • simsim Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Wait - they do now, or they will next patch?

sim on
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Preacher wrote: »
    Dungeons & Raids
    Level-85 dungeon bosses in Lost City of the Tol'Vir, Grim Batol, and Halls of Origination now drop 30 Justice Points each when killed.
    The daily Random Dungeon reward on normal difficulty has been increased to 140 Justice Points, up from 70.
    Players no longer need to discover Cataclysm dungeon entrances in order to access them via the Dungeon Finder.
    Great, I'll get more tides and BRC fail groups now. Maybe this means I'll get less stonecore/lost city/halls groups, though.

ToT bombed on my group the other day. We all DC when the dungeon started then each member we added later couldn't port into the dungeon. I wish I knew a way around that.

That cannot be a serious change? They're saying that the rewards were too high for heroics? Jesus, tap dancing..... goose.

Also, yes, heroics can only be completed once per day, but I'm pretty sure if you're locked into Stonecore, doing a random heroic does not prevent you from getting another Stonecore.

OK, thank goodness. The pessimist in me just took over reading that quote :P

Bobble on
    edited January 2011

Wait - they do now, or they will next patch?

I have no idea I don't know where he got that.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Can someone copy/paste new notes from mmo-champ or wow.joystick or what have you?

LockeCole on
  • MutilateMutilate Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    here you go
    Guilds
    •The guild reward Armadillo Pup now requires revered faction instead of exalted.
    •The guild faction requirement on the Guild Herald has been lowered to Revered reputation.

Dungeons & Raids
    •Level-85 dungeon bosses in Lost City of the Tol'Vir, Grim Batol, and Halls of Origination now drop 30 Justice Points each when killed.
    •The daily Random Dungeon reward on normal difficulty has been increased to 140 Justice Points, up from 70.
    •Players no longer need to discover Cataclysm dungeon entrances in order to access them via the Dungeon Finder.

Druid (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    •Rejuvenation is now trained at level 3, down from level 8. In addition, its mana cost is now 20% of base mana.

Balance
    •Moonkin Form now grants 15% damage reduction instead of increased armor. In addition, shapeshifting in or out of this form now breaks roots. Note this is not stated in the tooltip.

Feral
    •Blood in the Water: Timing on this effect has been improved so that Ferocious Bite will immediately refresh Rip, rather than be slightly delayed (which gave a chance for the Rip to expire despite being refreshed).

Paladin (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    •Divine Light mana cost has been increased by approximately 10%.
    •Flash of Light mana cost has been increased by approximately 10%.
    •Holy Light mana cost has been increased by approximately 10%.
    •Lay on Hands now causes Forbearance on the target. It used to only cause it when cast on the paladin. This was an old design from when Divine Protection caused Forbearance and the paladin didn't want to prevent a tank from using their defensive cooldown.
    •Lay on Hands cannot be a critical effect and will not be affected by most abilities which modify healing (such as Beacon of Light). In addition, Lay on Hands is no longer on the global cooldown.

Holy
    •Aura Mastery: This ability no longer increases the benefit granted by Crusader Aura.

Protection
    •Eternal Glory: The chance to not consume Holy Power from this talent now also applies to not consuming the clearcasting effect generated by Divine Purpose.

Priest (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    •Mind Blast now does 18% more damage than Mind Spike.

Rogue (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Combat
    •Blade Flurry is now a toggle that can be turned off by pressing the button again. In addition, this ability no longer has a fixed duration, but will go on cooldown for 10 seconds after being canceled (similar to Stealth). In addition, Blade Flurry now reduces energy generation by 30% while active, up from 20%.

Shaman (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    •Healing Rain now has a 40-yard radius, up from 30, to be consistent with other shaman heals.

Elemental
    •Elemental Overload (Mastery) procs of Lightning Bolt or Chain Lightning can now generate Rolling Thunder charges.

Warlock (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    •Devour (Felhunter) cooldown has been increased to 20 seconds, up from 8. Devour is no longer able to be auto-cast.

Affliction
    •Soul Swap can no longer be dispelled (the aura given to the warlock between swapping).

Warrior (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Fury
    •Single-Minded Fury bonus has been increased to 20%, up from 15%.

Items
    •The PvP Balance druid 4-piece set bonus effect has been increased to 20 Solar Energy and 13 Lunar Energy, up from 5 and 13. The effect will also now be more intelligent at choosing whether to give the druid Lunar or Solar Energy (it checks the Balance Power to determine which to give depending on which energy is higher at the time).

Quests & Creatures
    Tol Barad
    •Rusty Rifles will now spawn more frequently at Farson Keep.
    •Players should now always receive 6 daily quests in Tol Barad Peninsula as intended, rather than sometimes only getting 5.

Mutilate on
    edited January 2011
    Thank you, sir.
    Mutilate wrote: »
    •Healing Rain now has a 40-yard radius, up from 30, to be consistent with other shaman heals.

I wish. Healing Monsoon.

Bobble on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    They decided to raise rejuv's mana cost by 1%.

I find that odd.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    edited January 2011
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    They decided to raise rejuv's mana cost by 1%.

I find that odd.

About god damn time.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Thank you, sir.

I wish. Healing Monsoon.

Better yet healing rain should be like the storm the last boss in GB casts. Only if you stand in the center you don't get any heals, but anywhere outside the eye, healing rain for everyone!

Smaug6 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    here you go
    Guilds
    •The guild reward Armadillo Pup now requires revered faction instead of exalted.
    •The guild faction requirement on the Guild Herald has been lowered to Revered reputation.

Dungeons & Raids
    •Level-85 dungeon bosses in Lost City of the Tol'Vir, Grim Batol, and Halls of Origination now drop 30 Justice Points each when killed.
    •The daily Random Dungeon reward on normal difficulty has been increased to 140 Justice Points, up from 70.
    •Players no longer need to discover Cataclysm dungeon entrances in order to access them via the Dungeon Finder.

Druid (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    •Rejuvenation is now trained at level 3, down from level 8. In addition, its mana cost is now 20% of base mana.

Balance
    •Moonkin Form now grants 15% damage reduction instead of increased armor. In addition, shapeshifting in or out of this form now breaks roots. Note this is not stated in the tooltip.

Feral
    •Blood in the Water: Timing on this effect has been improved so that Ferocious Bite will immediately refresh Rip, rather than be slightly delayed (which gave a chance for the Rip to expire despite being refreshed).

Paladin (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    •Divine Light mana cost has been increased by approximately 10%.
    •Flash of Light mana cost has been increased by approximately 10%.
    •Holy Light mana cost has been increased by approximately 10%.
    •Lay on Hands now causes Forbearance on the target. It used to only cause it when cast on the paladin. This was an old design from when Divine Protection caused Forbearance and the paladin didn't want to prevent a tank from using their defensive cooldown.
    •Lay on Hands cannot be a critical effect and will not be affected by most abilities which modify healing (such as Beacon of Light). In addition, Lay on Hands is no longer on the global cooldown.

Holy
    •Aura Mastery: This ability no longer increases the benefit granted by Crusader Aura.

Protection
    •Eternal Glory: The chance to not consume Holy Power from this talent now also applies to not consuming the clearcasting effect generated by Divine Purpose.

Priest (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    •Mind Blast now does 18% more damage than Mind Spike.

Rogue (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Combat
    •Blade Flurry is now a toggle that can be turned off by pressing the button again. In addition, this ability no longer has a fixed duration, but will go on cooldown for 10 seconds after being canceled (similar to Stealth). In addition, Blade Flurry now reduces energy generation by 30% while active, up from 20%.

Elemental
    •Elemental Overload (Mastery) procs of Lightning Bolt or Chain Lightning can now generate Rolling Thunder charges.

Warlock (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    •Devour (Felhunter) cooldown has been increased to 20 seconds, up from 8. Devour is no longer able to be auto-cast.

Affliction
    •Soul Swap can no longer be dispelled (the aura given to the warlock between swapping).

Warrior (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
    Fury
    •Single-Minded Fury bonus has been increased to 20%, up from 15%.

Items
    •The PvP Balance druid 4-piece set bonus effect has been increased to 20 Solar Energy and 13 Lunar Energy, up from 5 and 13. The effect will also now be more intelligent at choosing whether to give the druid Lunar or Solar Energy (it checks the Balance Power to determine which to give depending on which energy is higher at the time).

Quests & Creatures
    Tol Barad
    •Rusty Rifles will now spawn more frequently at Farson Keep.
    •Players should now always receive 6 daily quests in Tol Barad Peninsula as intended, rather than sometimes only getting 5.

Minor, but the Armadillo change are new animations for the pet. The Revered thing has been on the notes previously.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    HHoO should give you the best returns on JP for environment. It's got 7 bosses so that's 490 JP right there in one go. If yer lucky enough that its your first random encounter, you get 560.

Other than that, just run about 2-5 heroics in a day and you should net 280 - 1050 JP in total. Shouldn't be too hard to get a couple JP upgrades. Unless you've done rep grinding in which case you really only have to worry about maybe one or two JP buys since the rep epics will easily cover you.

Unless you're a Disc/Holy Priest who is chomping at the bit for anything with Spirit on it. :(

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
    edited January 2011
    korodullin wrote: »
    HHoO should give you the best returns on JP for environment. It's got 7 bosses so that's 490 JP right there in one go. If yer lucky enough that its your first random encounter, you get 560.

Other than that, just run about 2-5 heroics in a day and you should net 280 - 1050 JP in total. Shouldn't be too hard to get a couple JP upgrades. Unless you've done rep grinding in which case you really only have to worry about maybe one or two JP buys since the rep epics will easily cover you.

Unless you're a Disc/Holy Priest who is chomping at the bit for anything with Spirit on it. :(

Or a rogue/druid. Hardly any leather, let alone epics. Hell Agility classes don't even have an epic ring on the vp vendor at all.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited January 2011

Or a rogue/druid. Hardly any leather, let alone epics. Hell Agility classes don't even have an epic ring on the vp vendor at all.

VP ring stupidity aside, I've got the epic gloves from Dragonmaw and the ring from Earthen Ring. Does any class/spec really get a whole lot more from rep epics than that?

Bobble on
    edited January 2011

We do get a BiS trinket though. Otherwise, yeah. Valor Point vendor sucks balls. I think there's that trinket, a cloak, the three set pieces, and that might be it. There may be a belt(?), can't remember.
    VP ring stupidity aside, I've got the epic gloves from Dragonmaw and the ring from Earthen Ring. Does any class/spec really get a whole lot more from rep epics than that?

I believe so. I think tanks (at least plate tanks) get quite a few in fact. Meanwhile we get *nothing* from Hyjal or Ramennoodles Exalted (unless you count camels)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    SMF buff, fuck yes. This patch will be very good for me.

And an Armadillo pet buff. I smolder with generic joy.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
    edited January 2011
    Boots as well. And plate classes, and an extension, plate tanks have a lot of purps from rep vendors. Especially since they are all crit capped with talents and stats are king.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Other than that, just run about 2-5 heroics in a day and you should net 280 - 1050 JP in total.

2-5 heroics in one day seems like a pretty tall order to me.

I am very pleased with the changes to the lvl 85 normal rewards though. The last step is to scale up the lvl 80-84 dungeons to be run for decent rewards by level 85s.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
    edited January 2011
    Warlock82 wrote: »

We do get a BiS trinket though. Otherwise, yeah. Valor Point vendor sucks balls. I think there's that trinket, a cloak, the three set pieces, and that might be it. There may be a belt(?), can't remember.

I believe so. I think tanks (at least plate tanks) get quite a few in fact. Meanwhile we get *nothing* from Hyjal or Ramennoodles Exalted (unless you count camels)

Honestly as a not currently raiding rogue I'd like meele weapons on the VP vendor. As it stands the only epic weaps outside of an overpriced boe drop are pvp, and I hate the idea of pvp'ing to get items for pve.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited January 2011
    Boots as well. And plate classes, and an extension, plate tanks have a lot of purps from rep vendors. Especially since they are all crit capped with talents and stats are king.

Yeah, that was the other odd piece. I got boots off Halfus so fuck those :P

Edit: And yes, they screwed the pooch with all forms of "Point" itemization. Why the fuck they couldn't put a throwing weapon on the JP vendor and instead made me run HHoO until I was blue in the face for the ONE drop of a throwing weapon, I don't know. And really, weapons would have been damn nice. They gave the offhand, which I suppose was ok since there are no fast dagger offhand quest rewards (and not a ton of dungeon drops - I think like 2?), but I was running with a 333 MH for the longest time due to bad luck.

Warlock82 on
  • LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ouch, losing autocast devour sucks (the 20 sec CD isn't fun either)

LockeCole on
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    LockeCole wrote: »

Makes me sad, as it is I only take the felhunter out for fights where we really need a kick and the other DPS can't seem to cut the mustard, which is to say, once in a blue moon.

Poor guy.

Inquisitor on
    edited January 2011

Edit: And yes, they screwed the pooch with all forms of "Point" itemization. Why the fuck they couldn't put a throwing weapon on the JP vendor and instead made me run HHoO until I was blue in the face for the ONE drop of a throwing weapon, I don't know. And really, weapons would have been damn nice. They gave the offhand, which I suppose was ok since there are no fast dagger offhand quest rewards (and not a ton of dungeon drops - I think like 2?), but I was running with a 333 MH for the longest time due to bad luck.

Well they have heroic level daggers on vendors, one for jp, one for TB (which is only pvp if you participate in the battle which I don't, I just do the dailys). Just I had a rogue who joined an in progress asking why I didn't have the pvp daggers, and I just didn't think they were necessary when I have a heroic main and the jp off.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    You want weapons you can do TB dailies. Which are also PvE. Boo hoo.

JAEF on
    edited January 2011
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Makes me sad, as it is I only take the felhunter out for fights where we really need a kick and the other DPS can't seem to cut the mustard, which is to say, once in a blue moon.

Poor guy.

Well you could still have him out, you'd just need to initiate the interrupt now like everyone else, though 20 sec gcd makes it only useful in emergencies.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Septus wrote: »
    Other than that, just run about 2-5 heroics in a day and you should net 280 - 1050 JP in total.

I am very pleased with the changes to the lvl 85 normal rewards though. The last step is to scale up the lvl 80-84 dungeons to be run for decent rewards by level 85s.

I did not say that. D:

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Poor guy.

Well you could still have him out, you'd just need to initiate the interrupt now like everyone else, though 20 sec gcd makes it only useful in emergencies.

Nah, his devour magic isn't his interrupt. Its where he eats buffs off of enemies. I'm just saying that he was an already very, very situational pet, and now he is even more so.

Inquisitor on
    edited January 2011

Well they have heroic level daggers on vendors, one for jp, one for TB (which is only pvp if you participate in the battle which I don't, I just do the dailys). Just I had a rogue who joined an in progress asking why I didn't have the pvp daggers, and I just didn't think they were necessary when I have a heroic main and the jp off.

Forgot about the TB one, though I'm using all of those points on the mounts (already have the drake, most of the way to the horse - at least, when I stop being lazy and actually do the dailies :P). Either way, I recall the TB one not being great. But I don't remember what stats it had, so maybe I'm just thinking of the dumb trinket.

Warlock82 on
    edited January 2011
    Yeah I only do TB for the mount (just got my drake hoo!!!), the dagger looked all right. I'm using the one from the third boss of gb and I have the meteor shard for shits and grins (I saw the karsh one, but stupidly thought it would be silly to throw a need on it since I already had the GB one, like anyone in a fucking heroic isn't a greedy ahole!).

Just recently upgraded to heroic left eye, looking at where to spend my first vps (currently at 1680, boots look nice but the pants would be a cool upgrade).

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited January 2011
    Yeah I only do TB for the mount (just got my drake hoo!!!), the dagger looked all right. I'm using the one from the third boss of gb and I have the meteor shard for shits and grins (I saw the karsh one, but stupidly thought it would be silly to throw a need on it since I already had the GB one, like anyone in a fucking heroic isn't a greedy ahole!).

Just recently upgraded to heroic left eye, looking at where to spend my first vps (currently at 1680, boots look nice but the pants would be a cool upgrade).

I bought the trinket first. It's BiS next to a drop off heroic Nef. Figure that's probably the "biggest bang for my buck" :P

Warlock82 on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Poor guy.

Nah, his devour magic isn't his interrupt. Its where he eats buffs off of enemies. I'm just saying that he was an already very, very situational pet, and now he is even more so.

I don't think it changes that much outside of pvp (and the Ozruk fight).

Although, I find the thought of adding another keybind annoying.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
    edited January 2011

I bought the trinket first. It's BiS next to a drop off heroic Nef. Figure that's probably the "biggest bang for my buck" :P

It is a nice trinket. With the proc on that do you basically always run with the buff up?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Septus wrote: »

I did not say that. D:

Indeed, that was my quote, not Koro's.

and 2-5 are not a pretty tall order. that's why I mentioned the low end around 280. I figure in the course of a day you should get 4 bosses down. I was doing 2 heroics a day (one for vp and one extra) and still netted usually 560 jp on avg. Usually that was over the course of 4 hours maybe. Unless it was a really really bad group in stonecore which usually meant only 2 bosses and everyone quitting out at the stone giant.

but even if you do just one heroic a day to completeion or 2 heroics downing 2 bosses before quitting, you should be able to avg 280 at min a day. 7 days of that and yer sitting at almost 2k and can afford the mid level items.

I never had much of a problem running minimum 1 heroic in a day and on my off work days maybe doing 3 if LFD while doing other things. My thing was I had already put in a spreadsheet the rep rewards and valor points compared to justice points and factored out what I could skip on that alone, not including heroic item drops. That's why I was saying for me the JP wasn't a big deal to gain because I only bought 2 items. and one was kinda pointless but I did it to get the ilevel up (necklace).

My pally might be different but I haven't gone thru the motions yet to figure out what items I want to evetually get and what I'll need JP for if no viable alternative.

Jakarrd on
    Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
    edited January 2011

It is a nice trinket. With the proc on that do you basically always run with the buff up?

For the most part. It's a stacking buff kind of like Whispering Fang Skull. What's amusing is that at least on trash, I can sap over and over to stack it :)

Warlock82 on
    edited January 2011

For the most part. It's a stacking buff kind of like Whispering Fang Skull. What's amusing is that at least on trash, I can sap over and over to stack it :)

Damn you useful but not cosmetic upgrades!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited January 2011
    Heh, trinkets proc off everything now. I had one proc off lockpicking once :P

Warlock82 on
    edited January 2011
    Heh, trinkets proc off everything now. I had one proc off lockpicking once :P

Doing a lot of lock picking made me long for a mod that just unlocked all boxes and deposited the loot in my bags, but then I wouldn't get the thrill of not finding epics.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    dumb question but where does the wow folder go in windows 7?

I pulled the whole folder to a storage drive then did a fresh install on my system drive now I want to put it back.

initiatefailure on
  • ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    dumb question but where does the wow folder go in windows 7?

I pulled the whole folder to a storage drive then did a fresh install on my system drive now I want to put it back.

Anywhere you want it to go. It doesn't add anything to the registry that points to certain paths, its a totally mobile installation. I ran mine right off my desktop for a while.

Arrath on
This discussion has been closed.