As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] [Chat] 4.0.6 broke stuff. Some care, others mock them for it. Film at 11

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    1) You eat stat food for a heroic? I mean, maybe I did @ 329. I heal so I just bring water. Stupid not being able to trade water cross faction. Mage tables are nice and I used to pay mages for a table before I went heroicing in wrath.

I'm all for learning in game, but seriously, I agree that you shouldn't have to read out of a website how to do an encounter or else you'll be 1 shot.

I know I'll be crucified but fuck corborus and >150ms ping. I simply stopped doing stonecore until I figured out a way to lower my ping because of the dying.

belligerent on
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    shryke wrote: »
    And on that note, fuck Ozruk...

...And on top of all this, the reflect buff he puts up is fucking dispellable. Which means you get retard mages spell stealing it all the damn time ("But it kept hurting me!" That's the point asshole!) or Warriors instantly dispelling it because for some incredibly moronic reason, Shield Slam still fucking dispells magic effects.

On most fights, the SS dispell is incredibly useful, this is the only fight inr ecent memory where it is not. However it is easily delt with: When I tank Ozruk, I don't shield slam.

Actually I do shield slam, I just time the slams for right after his cone when he doesn't have either shield up so it doesn't dispell anything, but that takes timing, practice, and half a brain, and so I wouldn't suggest it to a PUG tank.

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    RedDawn wrote: »
    And on that note, fuck Ozruk.

A seriously (mostly) well designed fight that fails continuously due to how stupid most WoW players are.

On my shaman healer, fishing for the fucking bracers off that asshole, I've wiped so so so so many times. Mostly because tanks can't seem to grasp the idea of "Don't stand in front for Move#1, run away for Move#2". That's all there is to it. And there's no way the healer can carry you through moves that 1 shot.

This is, of course, compounded by the fact that for range, the break paralyze mechanic is incredibly stupid. It fucks any class without a spammable magic DoT (it's bad enough on my Shammy with 1 shot at it. I pity Paladin healers). And then your healer has gotta desperately cleanse the Hunters and Mages and retards too.

And on top of all this, the reflect buff he puts up is fucking dispellable. Which means you get retard mages spell stealing it all the damn time ("But it kept hurting me!" That's the point asshole!) or Warriors instantly dispelling it because for some incredibly moronic reason, Shield Slam still fucking dispells magic effects.

Seriously, one fight that I really need gear off of and despite being dead easy when I'm tanking it, as any other role it's fucking wipetastic.

I had a tank that refused to run out of it the other day on my shaman. I was using way too much mana to try and keep his ass up. Got to love it.

At least they are buffin' ya soon :P

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I have a never-ending supply of strength food thanks to the Tol Barad croc daily. I eat it while I tank to make things die faster.

Samphis on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I tend to eat stat food on heroic, only be aide I spend a lot of time in TB fishing eels so we can get the guild feast, so I end up with shittons of agility food.

Javen on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    it's not like you really need to reflect a dot that badly

it speeds things up, which I guess is important if you have a bad tank, but it's easy enough to kill him if you just eat the stun every time. He doesn't do very much damage to the tank and ranged only take damage from the stun and their own reflected attacks, so you can chuck them some heals at leisure.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I used to eat stat food in heroics but I started running out of it, and I'm too lazy to fish more up often enough for that to not happen :P So now I try to save them for raids.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Metacortex wrote: »
    Hey now, don't start raggin' on Shield Slam because it's awesome.

It is pretty awesome most of the time. I'm more pissed the buff is dispellable in the first place. Who's retarded idea was that?

Also, I still can't figure out why, in an expansion where they set out to make dispells both expensive and meaningful, Shield Slam is still a free one you don't even notice doing.
    it's not like you really need to reflect a dot that badly

it speeds things up, which I guess is important if you have a bad tank, but it's easy enough to kill him if you just eat the stun every time. He doesn't do very much damage to the tank and ranged only take damage from the stun and their own reflected attacks, so you can chuck them some heals at leisure.

It does quite a chunk of damage to people who don't get dispelled (almost half my health usually) and getting everyone back up in time for the next cycle is a big strain on my mana or a big strain on the time I have. Especially since they buffed his melee damage to not be quite so trivial anymore.

shryke on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah the stat food I have is expertise from crocs in TB. And they nerfed Ozruk shatter doesn't one shot anymore, still doesn't help retards, though I do like how there is a visual representation for where its going to hit, so I know where to run to, I probably ran too far previously and that cut down on my dps up time.

His ground slam has been killing more and more ranged though since tanks I've been with forget that it extends out in the direction he fired it and dps are either still paralyzed or not paying attention.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Preacher wrote: »
    Yeah the stat food I have is expertise from crocs in TB. And they nerfed Ozruk shatter doesn't one shot anymore, still doesn't help retards, though I do like how there is a visual representation for where its going to hit, so I know where to run to, I probably ran too far previously and that cut down on my dps up time.

His ground slam has been killing more and more ranged though since tanks I've been with forget that it extends out in the direction he fired it and dps are either still paralyzed or not paying attention.

To be fair, I've noticed sometimes he'll turn (sometimes a full 180) if the tank uses a charge to get back in after the shatter and then begins his cast animation for the ground slam so the tank can't turn him anymore.

Which is why, when I'm dpsing on my mage, I make damn certain that I know which direction he's pointing.

Nobody on
  • Options
    BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Goddamn Ozruk.

That fight is fucking lethal on tanks who haven't done it before. I wiped the group 4 times the first time I tanked there (although the 4th time was due to him being turned round when I charged him after a shatter... and him immediately starting to cast shockwave).

Don't think I've wiped once on that fight since, though.

Blurbl on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Nobody wrote: »

To be fair, I've noticed sometimes he'll turn (sometimes a full 180) if the tank uses a charge to get back in after the shatter and then begins his cast animation for the ground slam so the tank can't turn him anymore.

Which is why, when I'm dpsing on my mage, I make damn certain that I know which direction he's pointing.

Yeah Ozruk can be a little buggy sometimes in terms of turning for ground slam.

BTW, anyone else seeing a problem with Corborus not telegraphing his emerges properly during the burrow phase? We were doing it last night and without fail, the first one was always in a completely different spot than the dust cloud he put out. Wiped us at least once, and killed the shitty DK dps we got from LFD (who died on every single boss fight within seconds in most cases) after the first shitty DK dps left because of that one wipe (lol have fun with your 40 min queue + deserter debuff)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    BTW, anyone esle seeing a problem with Corborus not telegraphing his emerges properly during the burrow phase? We were doing it last night and without fail, the first one was always in a completely different spot than the dust cloud he put out.

Yeah, exact same thing when I did it post-patch.

Scared the hell outa me the first couple times.

Blurbl on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Yeah I've noticed that new ability by corb, or bugged ability or whatever, all I know is that it just means stay the fuck on the move. Not that thats a sure thing either.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I noticed the leap graphic doesn't line up with the dust graphic.

But afaik it doesn't matter since unless you are in the dust area, you don't take damage. He leaped right over me once and nothing happened.

shryke on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I got an in-game chat message saying I had been disconnected from Battlenet and now I can't switch servers.

Anyone having problems like this?

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

But afaik it doesn't matter since unless you are in the dust area, you don't take damage. He leaped right over me once and nothing happened.

I looked at my statistics on DBM the other night. I've Completed Heroic Stonecore a total of 18 times. I've never had a problem with Corobus emerging in a place other than where his dust is.

Buddies on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Buddies wrote: »

I looked at my statistics on DBM the other night. I've Completed Heroic Stonecore a total of 18 times. I've never had a problem with Corobus emerging in a place other than where his dust is.

Have you run it since 4.06?

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Buddies wrote: »

Have you run it since 4.06?

2 or 3 times.

Buddies on
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2011
    Blurbl wrote: »
    Goddamn Ozruk.

That fight is fucking lethal on tanks who haven't done it before. I wiped the group 4 times the first time I tanked there (although the 4th time was due to him being turned round when I charged him after a shatter... and him immediately starting to cast shockwave).

I would say it's lethal with dumb tanks. I was able to successfully tank it on my beardruid in my first ever heroic, while wearing a pvp chest. We only wiped once, and that was because lag caused his cast bar to not appear until it was halfway full.

Morkath on
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Morkath wrote: »
    Goddamn Ozruk.

I would say it's lethal with dumb tanks. I was able to successfully tank it on my beardruid in my first ever heroic, while wearing a pvp chest. We only wiped once, and that was because lag caused his cast bar to not appear until it was halfway full.
    Ha, Blurbl's a dumb tank!

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Metacortex wrote: »
    And on that note, fuck Ozruk.

A seriously (mostly) well designed fight that fails continuously due to how stupid most WoW players are.

On my shaman healer, fishing for the fucking bracers off that asshole, I've wiped so so so so many times. Mostly because tanks can't seem to grasp the idea of "Don't stand in front for Move#1, run away for Move#2". That's all there is to it. And there's no way the healer can carry you through moves that 1 shot.

This is, of course, compounded by the fact that for range, the break paralyze mechanic is incredibly stupid. It fucks any class without a spammable magic DoT (it's bad enough on my Shammy with 1 shot at it. I pity Paladin healers). And then your healer has gotta desperately cleanse the Hunters and Mages and retards too.

And on top of all this, the reflect buff he puts up is fucking dispellable. Which means you get retard mages spell stealing it all the damn time ("But it kept hurting me!" That's the point asshole!) or Warriors instantly dispelling it because for some incredibly moronic reason, Shield Slam still fucking dispells magic effects.

Seriously, one fight that I really need gear off of and despite being dead easy when I'm tanking it, as any other role it's fucking wipetastic.

Hey now, don't start raggin' on Shield Slam because it's awesome.

I actually tanked Heroic Ozruk for the first time last night. Took me two deaths to finally "get it", but man, when I did, it felt goooooood.

I have to say though, the shatter cast time / radius is fucking retarded. If i'm 1/100th of a second slow on turning and running, shatter gets me, knocks me away, and then I get a nice quake in my face for insta-death, which then results in a full wipe. Zero tolerance for any sort of lag just doesn't seem like a good design. Shorten the radius of shatter, or lengthen the cast time a tiny bit, and the whole encounter is a lot more palpable.

Fun fight though.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I got an in-game chat message saying I had been disconnected from Battlenet and now I can't switch servers.

Anyone having problems like this?

Not recently but I have been disconnected from BNet before while in wow.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    One important thing I learned about Ozruck is that he always casts Paralyze and Shatter back to back, with no melee swings in between.

Because of this, I start moving the instant I see him start the Paralyze cast. Which means that I'm already half turned and a step away from him when Paralyze goes off, giving me more then enough time to clear Shatter's range.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2011
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    Morkath wrote: »
    Goddamn Ozruk.

Ha, Blurbl's a dumb tank!

Whoops, thats what I get for skimming something.

Nothing personal Blurbl. :)

Morkath on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    One important thing I learned about Ozruck is that he always casts Paralyze and Shatter back to back, with no melee swings in between.

Because of this, I start moving the instant I see him start the Paralyze cast. Which means that I'm already half turned and a step away from him when Paralyze goes off, giving me more then enough time to clear Shatter's range.

Oh man, that is very very useful, thanks for the tip!

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ozruk with a PUG warrior tank is pretty much the worst possible scenario.

forty on
  • Options
    CasedOutCasedOut Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

This only happens if the tank waits too long to charge in. Basically it means the tank fucked up on his timing.

CasedOut on
    452773-1.png
  • Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    You should strafe out of Shatter instead of turning and then running. It's significantly faster.

Lykouragh on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I used to charge immediately after the shatter animation plays and he'd turn on me sometimes. So I just walk back in now and meet him halfway.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    Drunken BastardDrunken Bastard Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    1) You eat stat food for a heroic? I mean, maybe I did @ 329. I heal so I just bring water. Stupid not being able to trade water cross faction. Mage tables are nice and I used to pay mages for a table before I went heroicing in wrath.

I'm all for learning in game, but seriously, I agree that you shouldn't have to read out of a website how to do an encounter or else you'll be 1 shot.

I know I'll be crucified but fuck corborus and >150ms ping. I simply stopped doing stonecore until I figured out a way to lower my ping because of the dying.

I just use up our massive GB stock of LK flasks for HCs.

Drunken Bastard on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Lykouragh wrote: »
    You should strafe out of anything instead of turning and then running. It's significantly faster.
    That said, Stonecore is pretty crazy on all the one-shot/party wipe gimmicks.

forty on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    You should strafe out of Shatter instead of turning and then running. It's significantly faster.

I don't see how that would work...

I tank Ozruk in between two cave walls. My back is to one exit, while all the other party members are on the other side.

When he starts his shatter, strafing sideways is not an option, as the walls would cockblock me.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I tank Ozruk exactly where he's standing, with my back towards the next boss. When he Paralyzes, I start running down the hall to escape shatter. I run back. When he starts casting Ground Slam, I run about 10 yards back towards the group, moving him back up the tunnel.

Turn him back around, repeat. Success.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Wavechaser wrote: »

I don't see how that would work...

I tank Ozruk in between two cave walls. My back is to one exit, while all the other party members are on the other side.

When he starts his shatter, strafing sideways is not an option, as the walls would cockblock me.

Except they don't. Just run sideways, there's tons of room in that hall.

shryke on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Well well

Inc LFD kick hotfixes:
    # Players who are outside a dungeon for more than a few minutes are now immediately able to be kicked.

# If queuing as a group with a tank or healer, and the tank or healer drops group (or is kicked) soon after joining, those that queued with them will also be removed from the dungeon.

# If three or more players group queue with each other it will require an additional vote for them to kick anyone they did not group queue with.

# If a group queue of 4 kicks the one person that they did not group queue with they will each receive a more severe penalty to their ability to initiate future kicks.

# If someone initiates a vote kick for someone they group queued with they will not incur a penalty to their ability to initiate future kicks.

Nobody on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hah.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    are you people turning with your keyboards or something? When you actually need to move backwards and aren't worried about the boss hitting you, strafing isn't any faster than turning and running.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    KlatuKlatu Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi OiRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Well well

Inc LFD kick hotfixes:
    # Players who are outside a dungeon for more than a few minutes are now immediately able to be kicked.

# If queuing as a group with a tank or healer, and the tank or healer drops group (or is kicked) soon after joining, those that queued with them will also be removed from the dungeon.

# If three or more players group queue with each other it will require an additional vote for them to kick anyone they did not group queue with.

# If a group queue of 4 kicks the one person that they did not group queue with they will each receive a more severe penalty to their ability to initiate future kicks.

# If someone initiates a vote kick for someone they group queued with they will not incur a penalty to their ability to initiate future kicks.

Why are people so happy about this one? I read in the link that it's a kick in the pants for tanks selling their queues.. but it still doesn't make sense to me.

Klatu on
    Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • Options
    khainkhain Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Klatu wrote: »
    Well well

Inc LFD kick hotfixes:

Why are people so happy about this one? I read in the link that it's a kick in the pants for tanks selling their queues.. but it still doesn't make sense to me.

So any dps that solo queues has to wait 30 minutes to run a heroic, instead if you queue with a tank you get a instant queue and the tank can leave right after the heroic pops since the dps is then placed in the group that is at the front of the queue. Basically this removes being able to cheat the dps queue by having a tank group with you that has no intention of running the dungeon.

khain on
This discussion has been closed.