As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super Mario R[Phalla]G is over. Village Wins!

• Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    These narrations have been top-notch, you guys.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Woooooooooooooooooooooo

http://mushroomhappiness.proboards.com/ probably needs an unlock

Thanks for hosting!

jackisreal on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    We won!

Now that was a close-ass game.

Well played, everyone!

Also, yeah, the narrations have been fantastic!

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Mafia Boards: http://stophammertime.proboards.com

I'm going to hold off on further comments until I see all the roles.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ah, very class. Thanks for running, Sir Fabulous and Extermatott!

WhiteZinfandel on
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Alright. Let's do this post-game analysis thing. So, yeah. This was a collaboration between me and Extermatott. I'd been planning to host a game for a while, but I didn't feel like I could take it on all on my lonesome. So many thanks to Extermatott for whipping me into shape to actually do this! Extermatott also gets credit for coming up with the theme for all of this, so if you only liked it because of the Mario aspect, he's your man to thank.
    Next, we spent a grueling two weeks in which we brainstormed possible roles. Some were awesome, and some... Not so much. Sorry Yoshi!
    We tried to get someone to look over the roles for balance and such, but we couldn't seem to find anyone so we just decided to run with it and learn from our mistakes.

Personally, I think this game could have gone a lot better. Especially between days 3-6 when I pretty much only checked in at 10 to 8 to start rounding up all the powers and such. I feel like I sort of neglected the game, and you players really didn't deserve that.
    Some of the roles apperantly had some fuzziness with the mechanics, so I apologize to The Anonymous for taking away your power even though it might have been a misunderstanding, and also to Ringo, who was confused by his win condition.
    I did make a couple of mistakes, including sending Rawkking Goodguy the result of a Seering that wasn't supposed to have taken place. Thankfully, Ringo was blocked from Seering that night, so all that was returned was the fact that Rawkking couldn't find him, but I think that still influenced some of the dicisions that may have taken place.

Overall, I think I underpowered the mafia and overpowered the village, although obviously not that much, seeing as the Mafia would have won tonight if you had voted out anyone other than Rawkking.

I also realized later in that the game was extremely biased AGAINST seers. There was only one Seer in the game, and one person who had a Seer every 4 nights, but there were also a couple of powers, whose sole purpose was to block Seers from taking place, including the effect of Rain. I guess this is just a reflection of how I like people to figure things out for themselves instead of relying on Seers all the time.

Like I said, I think this could have gone a lot better, but I guess I shouldn't beat myself up over it, seeing as it's my first game and all. I definetely had fun running this for you, and I plan to do some more in the future. Perhaps next time, Extermatott will be a little bit more involved. Sorry man.

At the very least, people seemed to enjoy my narrations, which I guess makes me feel pretty good.

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Man oh man, what a run! I started getting much too lucky with my picks in the end...

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Robble robble robble robble

Get a nifty role get vigged day 3, although I did forget to send in orders on day 2 but totally not my fault.

Robble robble robble!

Ah just kidding

Edit: Sir Fab comes with the win

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I only made about typed up a small amount of the roles, but I guess I'll post them here, and Extermatott can post his half later?
    Croco:

You give Barney a run for his money as the most badass purple dinosaur thing.
    I mean, wearing that styling red top hat? Talk about good fashion sense! You’re the best character in the game and don’t let anyone tell you different.

The only downside to your incredibleness is that you know how handsome you are, and you would rather like to still be able to carry out your daring thefts after this is all over.

Win Condition
    The only thing Croco cares about is Croco. You win if you survive to the end of the game.

Power
    Gosh, I'm good!: Once a night you may target a player. You will then be able to use their power on subsequent nights. For example, if you target a guard, you will be able to guard on following nights.
    You will always have the Gosh, I'm good! power and you may only use one power a night. Thus, you cannot steal a power and use an existing power in the same night. Additionally, all stolen powers will cease to work after two uses. Thus, if you use your new guard power to protect yourself, you may only use it two times before you will no longer have a guard power.

King Nimbus

You are the King off Nimbus land, that magical place in the sky where all the cloud people dwell happily. You live there happily with your Queen ____________ and you rule over your subjects kindly. You recently learned that your son, Mallow, is one of the great heroes that are going to fight Smithy’s Gang. You are determined to support your son in his decision and as such, you are an enemy of Smithy.

Win Condition: Eliminate Smithy’s Gang.

Power
    The King of Clouds:
    As the King of Nimbus land, you have the power to control the weather. This has some unique effects. First of all, you and your Queen share the nightly action, therefore, you and the Queen must choose which one of you is going to use a power on any given night. Secondly, you must use a weather power each night. If you do not use a weather power on a night, you will be killed.
    Thirdly, you cannot use a weather power more than once until you have used all other weather powers. There are 4 weather powers in the game. You have 2 and the Queen has 2. Thus, if you use a power on the first night, you cannot use that power again until you have used your other power and the Queen has used both of her powers.

Weather Powers:
    Snow: If you make it Snow, a furious blizzard will start. The now will fall in thick blankets meters thick. Some people will not be able to reach their targets in the howling and freezing winds. (The Snow power has a 25% chance to Roleblock anyone who uses a power that targets someone else).
    Sun: If you use the Sun power, the day will become boiling hot and the sun will rise from the horizon in a glaringly bright manner. If someone is attempting to kill someone else, the sun may temporarily blind them long enough for the victim to get away. (The Sun power has a 25% chance to guard everyone in the game). Please note that when I say 25% chance to guard everyone, I mean that the chance of guarding an individual is 25% and that the guard will be rolled separately for every person. I do not mean that there is a 25% chance that every single person will be guarded.

Queen Nimbus

You are the Queen off Nimbus land, that magical place in the sky where all the cloud people dwell happily. You live there happily with your King ____________ and you rule over your subjects kindly. You recently learned that your son, Mallow, is one of the great heroes that are going to fight Smithy’s Gang. You are determined to support your son in his decision and as such, you are an enemy of Smithy.

Power
    The Queen of Clouds:
    As the Queen of Nimbus land, you have the power to control the weather. This has some unique effects. First of all, you and your King share the nightly action; therefore, you and the King must choose which one of you is going to use a power on any given night. Secondly, you must use a weather power each night. If you do not use a weather power on a night, you will be killed.
    Thirdly, you cannot use a weather power more than once until you have used all other weather powers. There are 4 weather powers in the game. You have 2 and the King has 2. Thus, if you use a power on the first night, you cannot use that power again until you have used your other power and the King has used both of his powers.

Weather Powers:
    Fog: You may command the clouds to take to the ground and cover the landscape with a thick fog. This prevents anyone on the ground from seeing who they are fighting and as such, some people get very confused and attack their allies. (Fog has a 25% chance of making someone target a random player instead of their chosen target. This affects all targeted abilities).
    Rain: When you make it rain, thick torrents of water fall to the ground and everything becomes soaked in very little time. This reduces visibility, although not to the extent of Fog. However, some Seers may have trouble finding their targets. (This ability has a 25% chance of disrupting all Seers powers used in a night)

Toadofsky

You are a famous conductor living in the Mushroom Kingdom. You’ve composed some of the most famous tunes that have gotten all the Toads humming. Now Smithy’s invaded and he’s started to slaughter the Toads. You’ve heard that Smithy’s mechanical creations have no care for music. Obviously your career is going to go nowhere if there are no natural creatures to listen to your symphonies. You’ve decided to put some Anti-Smithy propaganda in your songs.

Win Condition: Eliminate Smithy’s Gang

Power
    Eighth Symphony: Every night you can put something in the Narration. This isn’t a simple Narration altering power however. If the thing that you put in the Narration is a song, you get something extra. The better the song is (marked on Rhyming, Originality, and Cleverness of Game Related References and such) the better the “something extra” will be. The village will vote on how good your song is.
    Also. You cannot tell anyone about the voting aspect of your power. You can tell people about the Narration Altering, but if you reveal the part about getting something extra for better votes, this mechanic will cease to exist and all you’ll be is a lame Narration Altering power.

Yoshi

You are one of Mario’s longest allies, the most famous member of the species that shares your name. You reside on Yo’ster Isle, where all the Yoshi’s live together and participate in the great Mushroom Derby. Of course, all the Yoshi’s lives will change if Smithy takes over the world. You’ve heard that Smithy settles for no less than the maximum possible efficiency. There will be no place for taking time to race if he manages to defeat the heroes. Once again, your old friend Mario is at the forefront of the forces preparing to fight Smithy. You’re going to do everything you can to help Mario, it’s just unfortunate that you can’t really do anything combat related.

Power
    Yoshi Cookie:
    Once a night, you may give someone a Yoshi Cookie. This transaction will be made known in the Narration. What’s that? What does a Yoshi Cookie do? Well, I would think that it’s rather obvious. It’s a cookie. You can eat it. Hey! It’s better than nothing!

Garro

You are one of the Nimbus people that live in Nimbus land under the rule of King and Queen Nimbus. Nimbus Nimbus Nimbus. You are a Nimbus sculptor which is like a sculptor except with more Nimbus. You are perhaps the most accomplished artist in the Nimbus realm and perhaps the normal realm as well. You always use Nimbus gold to craft your Nimbus statues. Now all of the sudden, Smithy has appeared and disrupted everything. You might actually be able to co-exist with Smithy because he loves to craft machines and you like to craft statues. The only drawback is that you are 100% loyal to the Nimbus royalty. And because the Nimbus royalty supports Mario in his fight against Smithy, you are opposed to Smithy as well.

Power:
    A Plumbers Lament: Once a day you may “craft” a statue by covering someone in gold. The “statue” will be perfectly fine in its gold casing, but no-one will know that the statue secretly has a person in it. The person in the casing will thus be immune to Seering for that night.

Sir Fabulous on

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    1) When you are thinking about making a phalla based off a well known characters with those characters as specials for the village. DON'T DO IT. it makes an instantly confirmed network as everyone knows that Mario could only be Mario since noone else is claiming to be mario. It is a silly mistake in balancing to assume no rolecalls or reveals. there are a few other ways to make it work but the clearest is just not doing it.

2) When you make a phalla where everyone has a role and an ability. GIVE THE MAFIA COVER ROLES. not cover names that are unused but full on cover roles. also, make sure you do that BEFORE the game starts so that the mafia doesn't have to quick rush to think up something clever on the fly to hold off an immediate defeat. you may even want to be CLEVER and give the mafia one of the main characters as a cover role in order to prevent the inevitable "well, this character was barely mentioned in the story so must be a mafia cover role" which eventually hits gold.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I mean, wearing that styling red top hat? Talk about good fashion sense! You’re the best character in the game and don’t let anyone tell you different.

The only downside to your incredibleness is that you know how handsome you are, and you would rather like to still be able to carry out your daring thefts after this is all over.

Win Condition
    The only thing Croco cares about is Croco. You win if you survive to the end of the game.

Power
    Gosh, I'm good!: Once a night you may target a player. You will then be able to use their power on subsequent nights. For example, if you target a guard, you will be able to guard on following nights.
    You will always have the Gosh, I'm good! power and you may only use one power a night. Thus, you cannot steal a power and use an existing power in the same night. Additionally, all stolen powers will cease to work after two uses. Thus, if you use your new guard power to protect yourself, you may only use it two times before you will no longer have a guard power.

Oooh, Role thief, those are always fun. Sorry about nailing you man, you were putting off bad vibes, sad since you would've been great for us.

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    1) When you are thinking about making a phalla based off a well known characters with those characters as specials for the village. DON'T DO IT. it makes an instantly confirmed network as everyone knows that Mario could only be Mario since noone else is claiming to be mario. It is a silly mistake in balancing to assume no rolecalls or reveals. there are a few other ways to make it work but the clearest is just not doing it.

.....wait what?

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Overall, I think I underpowered the mafia and overpowered the village, although obviously not that much, seeing as the Mafia would have won tonight if you had voted out anyone other than Rawkking.

no, you highly underpowered the mafia and the mafia only almost won because the village was retarded, had all of its vigs reveal on day 1 and believed most of what they were told.

oh and because you gave us that extra kill 2 days ago.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Matev wrote: »

Win Condition

Power

Oooh, Role thief, those are always fun. Sorry about nailing you man, you were putting off bad vibes, sad since you would've been great for us.

Woulda been a blast if we had seered him and let him use our roles (is it a role thief or a role copy?)

Smithy Role:
    Smithy!

You are the evil, diabolical monstrosity, and the leader of your own gang. You have destroyed the star road to stop all wishes, after you have crushed all who oppose you, you will fill the world with weapons and war! You reside in your factory in a different dimension, the perfect defence… but even if they reach you, you are the most powerful living creature in the universe!

Win Condition: You must outnumber the remaining players.

Ability, Once per night you may choose a head to use, you may not use that head again until all other heads have been used.

Tank Head: Your head is replaced with a tank that can shell out the most powerful of bombardments. You may choose one target for elimination.
    Magic Head: Your head is transformed into a magical wizard capable of very powerful mental powers. You may discover a targets role.
    Mask Head: You replace your head with a solid mound of steel capable of blocking any offence. You are protected from an attack.
    Treasure Head: Who knows what this head will do, but it is sure to meddle with the enemy. You may block a targets power.

Your fellow mafia members are: Heffling, Dunadan019, Daniant, and Spoit. As a group you have a nightly kill.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Duna and Rawk are kinda scary as mafia with how well they played.

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011

.....wait what?

I'm gonna make a phalla based on star wars episode 4.

you have the following roles:

Luke Skywalker
    Princess Leia
    Han Solo
    Chewbacca
    Darth Vader
    Moff Tarkin

if you are Obiwan Kenobi and 6 people claim those roles to you in a villager vs mafia game, which ones are good and which are mafia?

I can even change it up a bit.

Luke Skywalker
    Princess Leia
    Han Solo
    Chewbacca
    Dr. Evazan
    Greedo

if you are Obiwan Kenobi and 6 people claim those roles to you in a villager vs mafia game, which ones are good and which are possible mafia cover roles?

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    It was a Role copy I believe since I copied Jackisreal's weather control on night 1.

Unless Jack lost the ability to do so of course

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Luke Skywalker
    Princess Leia
    Han Solo
    Chewbacca
    Darth Vader
    Moff Tarkin

if you are Obiwan Kenobi and 6 people claim those roles to you in a villager vs mafia game, which ones are good and which are mafia?

Luke Skywalker
    Princess Leia
    Han Solo
    Chewbacca
    Dr. Evazan
    Greedo

if you are Obiwan Kenobi and 6 people claim those roles to you in a villager vs mafia game, which ones are good and which are possible mafia cover roles?

Is Obi-Wan masoned with Luke? Can Chewie confirm independently who Han is? Who's running the game? Do they have a love enough of Star Wars to include Dr. Evazan (Who had the Death Sentence on 12 systems) Just because someone claims something, doesn't mean they are (Unless they are, in which case they'll figure out how to prove it) Whether someone can confirm that role or not, that's key. People can claim whoever they want, won't do a lick unless something's done to confirm them.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see your point on that. I'll be quiet now.

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I was the Queen. I have no idea how copying my role would have worked.

jackisreal on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Luke Skywalker
    Princess Leia
    Han Solo
    Chewbacca
    Darth Vader
    Moff Tarkin

Luke Skywalker
    Princess Leia
    Han Solo
    Chewbacca
    Dr. Evazan
    Greedo

Is Obi-Wan masoned with Luke? Can Chewie confirm independently who Han is? Who's running the game? Do they have a love enough of Star Wars to include Dr. Evazan (Who had the Death Sentence on 12 systems) Just because someone claims something, doesn't mean they are (Unless they are, in which case they'll figure out how to prove it) Whether someone can confirm that role or not, that's key. People can claim whoever they want, won't do a lick unless something's done to confirm them.

there are some things you don't need to confirm.

like the one person claiming to be a guard in a vanilla game.

or someone who claims to be Mario in the Mario RPG phalla.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    ExtermatottExtermatott Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I had lots of fun helping to develop this and see how me and Sir Fabulous's roles played out.
    In the end it seemed a bit too crazy with all the random blocks and conditional powers but it ended up relatively balanced.

Here You go Village.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGP4_tOZJos

Here are the remaining roles...
    Mafia
    Smithy
    You are the evil, diabolical monstrosity, and the leader of your own gang. You have destroyed the star road to stop all wishes, after you have crushed all who oppose you, you will fill the world with weapons and war! You reside in your factory in a different dimension, the perfect defence… but even if they reach you, you are the most powerful living creature in the universe!

Ability, Once per night you may choose a head to use, you may not use that head again until all other heads have been used.

Tank Head: Your head is replaced with a tank that can shell out the most powerful of bombardments. You may choose one target for elimination.
    Magic Head: Your head is transformed into a magical wizard capable of very powerful mental powers. You may discover a targets role.
    Mask Head: You replace your head with a solid mound of steel capable of blocking any offence. You are protected from an attack.
    Treasure Head: Who knows what this head will do, but it is sure to meddle with the enemy. You may block a targets power.

Mack
    You are Smithy’s right hand man, Mack. You are a bouncing knife that leads a force of shysters in the initial attack against the mushroom kingdom; you successfully capture the city whilst Mario and Co. was away.

Ability, Flame: You have mastered the power of fire and may unleash it upon your foes for devastating effects. You may choose a target for elimination on even nights.

Bowyer
    You are one of Smithy’s lieutenants, Bowyer! You are effectively a bow-man that is capable of shooting your minions called Aeroes vast distances. You have been ordered by Smithy to prepare Rose Town for military occupation. You have currently set up a military camp in the Forest Maze.

Ability, Poison Arrows: From your base in the heart of the forest maze you began firing poison tipped arrows at your foes, when struck they become paralysed and un able to move. You may choose a target and they will be un able to use their power that night.

Yaridovich
    Of all smithies’ lieutenants, you are by far the most cunning. Instead of brute force, you prefer disguise and deceit. You are holding a spear, but wait! You have a masterful disguise, you not only disguise as one person… you mentally create a disguise of a whole town!

Ability, I’m such a genius: You have imprisoned the real townsfolk and replaced them with your mental replacements, because of this no one will suspect you to be part of Smithy’s gang. When seered you will appear as Seaside Town Elder.

Exor
    You are the mighty sword Exor! You descended from the sky, breaking star road and stopping all wishes, you are the gateway into Smithy’s realm and you are the key to Smithy’s invasion of this world!

Ability, Portals: You have the portal to Smithy’s Factory in your mouth. Once per night you may choose someone to go through the portal, they will be protected from attacks that night.

Neutrals
    Jonathan Jones
    Arr me matey, you be Jonathan Jones, you be the most famous pirate of them all, or infamous as some scallywags would say. You are a shark and leader of the Bandana Reds and Bandana Blues. You have a code of honour and you be loyal to anyone who dares challenge to in a fight, and defeat you!

Ability, You have bested me… : If you be foolish enough to lose to some scallywag in battle you must fight with them in battle or lose you honour. If you are attacked you will not die, you will instead gain the win condition of the person who killed you and join their side, be it mafia or village. You can only be bested once and after that any kills directed at you will eliminate you. You are still susceptible to the vote.

Belome
    You are the four eyed beast that resides in Kero Sewers, Belome is your name, and you feast upon travelers seeking to pass through the sewers, though they must pass through a temple the various beasts you rule over built for you! When these travelers arrive that you feast upon them!

Ability, The hunger! : Belome cannot resist consuming travelers in his giant, gaping maw, but when he is done his feast he replace the character with a clone loyal only to him! Once per night you may target someone for consumption, the player will be replaced as a clone that must keep you alive.

Win Condition: You must have you and your clones outnumber the remaining players. The clones will still keep their previous win condition and must keep you alive as well, and the game will end if Smithy’s gang is defeated, weather or not there are more clones than regular people.

And Croco from Sir Fabulous's post

Village
    Mario
    You are the legendary Mario! Everybody in the mushroom kingdom knows your name, you are often very silent but you are the strongest fighter in the land, now Smithy’s gang seeks to rule the world, you and your friends must defend it at all costs.

Ability, Super Jump: Mario has the amazing ability to jump on people’s heads for an extremely long time, causing massive amounts of damage. You may choose a target for elimination each night.

Win Condition: You must eliminate Smithy’s gang.

Mallow
    You are the prince of Nimbus Land, Mallow. Although you grew up thinking you were a tadpole, you recently discovered that your real parents are the King and Queen of Nimbus land.

Ability, Psychopath: Mallow uses his amazing magic to probe the enemies mind finding their weakness and know what they are thinking. You may choose a target and discover their role each night.

Geno
    You are ♥♪!?, a star being sent by a “higher authority” to restore peace to the mushroom kingdom. Exor broke the Star Road and you repair it so the citizens of the kingdom may have wishes again. In order to have a physical presence you took control of a doll named Geno, from a child named Gaz because he looked the strongest of the dolls(much stronger than the Mario or Bowser dolls).

Ability, Geno Whirl: Geno has extremely powerful magic and can focus it into a powerful stream to defeat his enemies. You may choose a target for elimination on odd nights.

Toadstool
    You are the princess of the mushroom kingdom, Toadstool (also known as peach). The chancellor thinks it would be best for you to stay at the castle safe, but you know that you are needed in the fight against Smithy’s Gang.

Ability, Therapy: You have a special move that heals anyone you target to their full health, you are a key member of keeping your friends alive. You may choose a target each night, that person will be protected from one attack that night

Bowser
    You are the mighty Bowser! Recently a giant sword named Exor fell from the sky and crashed into your keep. You have decided to stop kidnapping Princess Toadstool and battling Mario to work together in order to recapture your keep… for now…

Ability, Crusher: You were jealous of Mallows ability to control the weather, so you mastered the ability to control the ground! A giant spiked rock bursts from the ground on any target of your choice. You may choose a target for elimination on even nights.

Booster
    You are Booster the Seventh, you live in Booster tower with your 3 Snifits, ypu are extremely wealthy and you spend your days playing with your Snifits and people who visit, recently a princess fell from the sky and landed on your tower, logically to only thing to do would be to ask her to marry you, but she said no! You are quite insane, and appear to be unfriendly, but you actually don’t mean any harm.

Frogfucius
    You are the wisest frog of them all at Tadpole pond. You found a basket in the pond whilst enjoying a snack of crickets, you found a little ball of fluff and took him as your grandson and named him Mallow. Though eventually Mallow discovered he was not a tadpole and decided to go with Mario and find his parents.

Ability, Levitation tricks: You can float on your choice of either even or odd days causing you to be immune to attacks. (Shh, he actually is being held up on a fishing rope being held up by a Lakitu, but don’t tell anyone.)

Dyna and Mite Mole

-Dyna

-Mite

You are Dyna and Mite, brother and sister, and resisdents of Moleville, your parents Ma’ and Pa’ Mole doesn’t like you going out, but you two, love adventure! Unfortunately you are always getting in trouble…

Ability, Bro and Sis: You are masoned and know each other’s identity.

Chancellor
    You are the Chancellor of the Mushroom Kingdom and advisor of Princess Toadstool, you forbade the princess from going to battle Smithy with Mario but she didn’t listen, now you are left to assume her duties in her absence.

Ability, Governing Power: You are a very powerful toad, and you run the Kingdom. Any vote you post is worth 2 to the final vote count.

Chef Torte
    You are greatest chef in all zee world! You love to make cake. You have been told to create ze greatest cake for zee bride (Toadstool) and groom (Booster), but za bride is leafing? There won’t be anyone to eat zees cake! Za cake is zo good it haz come alive!

Power, Bundt: You create zee greatest cake in zee world, but zee cake is alive and it iz hungry! Twice per game you may create a cake so good that it comes alive and attacks your foes. On the nights you choose to use this power any attacks against you will not kill you but instead will cause your attacker to be killed by the cake.

Gaz
    You are the toad, Gaz. Your mother owns the inn at Rose Town and one day you got a very special guest… It was the legendary Mario! You convinced him to play with your dolls and you had a lot of fun, you won with your doll Geno of course, in the morning something magical happened Geno got human sized and came alive! Apparently a star being possessed Geno and now him and Mario are off fighting Smithy!

Ability, Inn: You mother owns the inn and offers free stays for your friends like Mario. Once per night you may choose someone to invite to the inn, that person will be protected from certain effects.

Extermatott on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    It was indeed a copy, not a true steal. Also, I'm sorry that I caused Dunadan to get angry, but like I said, this is my first game ever and the criticism is constructive! Thank you for bringing such issues to my attention Duna.

I was actually thinking of running my next Phalla in a world of my own creation, so that will eliminate those problems.

Sir Fabulous on

• Options
    edited February 2011
    Duna, he edited his post as we were both replying :P

Also I was wrong about the statue maker being a guard, hooray!

Still, the rest of those bolded roles pretty much had to be eliminated by the mafia, and we had 1.325 kills a day before we were given an extra kill two days before close. (1.75 on average at start, but half of them were possessed by mafia roles, so assume that half of those mafia roles were eliminated by halfway through the game to see roughly how many kills. You could maybe bring it up slightly for the mafia guard, but that's only going to protect someone for a day in most cases.).

It was essentially impossible to take out all those bolded roles without perfect aim and completely poor guards.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

Luke Skywalker
    Princess Leia
    Han Solo
    Chewbacca
    Darth Vader
    Moff Tarkin

Luke Skywalker
    Princess Leia
    Han Solo
    Chewbacca
    Dr. Evazan
    Greedo

there are some things you don't need to confirm.

like the one person claiming to be a guard in a vanilla game.

or someone who claims to be Mario in the Mario RPG phalla.

Yeah, I'd say anybody claiming Mario has even more doubt on them than the vanilla guard. If I had been evil and in a tight spot, claiming Mario is exactly what I would've done.

WhiteZinfandel on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    It was indeed a copy, not a true steal. Also, I'm sorry that I caused Dunadan to get angry, but like I said, this is my first game ever and the criticism is constructive! Thank you for bringing such issues to my attention Duna.

I was actually thinking of running my next Phalla in a world of my own creation, so that will eliminate those problems.

I'm never angry.

I just seem like it because I often talk in short sentances with spatterings of deriding words.

and I use upper case words as emphasis.

and my avatar has angry eyes.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Duna, he edited his post as we were both replying :P

What has been said, cannot be unsaid.

edit: unless you count edits

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I love that Matev was just sharing information willy nilly with Dunadan

Suspicious of me, Matev? :P

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Haha I killed duna in the other game and he killed me here.

Phyphor on
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    There was way too much soft-networking going on and being treated as hard confirmation. :P It worked out OK in this instance, obviously, but still.

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    pezzypezzy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I think sir Fab and exterm hosted a great game. Balanced or not, the game ended up being 3 to 1 which looks pretty balanced to me. :) can't wait for your next game guys!

pezzy on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Oh, also Rawkking I never suspected you because the two days of sheep wagoning derailed any desire to analyze the vote.

As well as the fact that like a good villager, I didn't go around pumping the network head for info on who was what in the network. I had my power, it only worked for me, I should just keep to myself beyond warning the village vig not to attack me.

Also, pezzy has set off my mafiadar every game she's played in. Just once I wanted to be right!

Ringo on
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Also, if The Cow King had stolen Ringo's power, he would have been nigh unstoppable. He would have enjoyed 4 nights of deflecting vigs back onto attackers.

Sir Fabulous on

• Options
    edited February 2011
    pezzy wrote: »
    I think sir Fab and exterm hosted a great game. Balanced or not, the game ended up being 3 to 1 which looks pretty balanced to me. :) can't wait for your next game guys!

a teeter totter with 1 child sitting on each side is balanced.

add a fat man on one side and it's unbalanced.

having the fat man cut off his own limbs until his stumpy body falls off at the very end makes it appear to have been balanced.... if you only look at the final result.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

See?! MAFIA!!!

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I had lots of fun helping to develop this and see how me and Sir Fabulous's roles played out.
    In the end it seemed a bit too crazy with all the random blocks and conditional powers but it ended up relatively balanced.

To be frank, don't discount Dunadan's seeming but not really anger. The fluff and narrations were awesome, but this game wasn't balanced just because it was a close game, in the same way that my sealab mini wasn't imbalanced towards the village just because two players who are often eliminated/voted out quickly were RNGed as mafia and then subsequently eliminated early by the fairly reasonless bandwagons of days 1 and 2.

Getting rid of random blocks is a pretty good idea for your future game balancing though, as people don't generally enjoy random elements in their game.

I'm also interested in the network-demanded sheeping that occurred. It must have made the game awfully boring to the rest of the villagers not in the "inner circle", in a normal game would have likely killed the village's chance of a victory, and I'm curious if it was just the network incompetence or a side effect of the role call.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Also, if The Cow King had stolen Ringo's power, he would have been night unstoppable. He would have enjoyed 4 nights of deflecting vigs back onto attackers.

Curses

What could have been on day 2 had I remembered that I had orders to send in as well

That won't happen again

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011

a teeter totter with 1 child sitting on each side is balanced.

add a fat man on one side and it's unbalanced.

having the fat man cut off his own limbs until his stumpy body falls off at the very end makes it appear to have been balanced.... if you only look at the final result.

The game was really 6 to 1, except the village was retarded and killed me instead of Rawkking

Also, this would've been so different had Belome lived even one day. Network destroying power right there

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited February 2011

To be frank, don't discount Dunadan's seeming but not really anger. The fluff and narrations were awesome, but this game wasn't balanced just because it was a close game, in the same way that my sealab mini wasn't imbalanced towards the village just because two players who are often eliminated/voted out quickly were RNGed as mafia and then subsequently eliminated early by the fairly reasonless bandwagons of days 1 and 2.

I think I said it better because I used mutiliation in my example.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Also, Belome would've been a major power if he had lived further into the game. I was sort of depending on it actually.

Sir Fabulous on

• Options
    pezzypezzy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Oooooh Mafia. Stop being angry. :)

Haha Ringo - the funny thing is that I've been vanilla village EVERY game.!!! Can't a chica catch a cool role once in awhile??

pezzy on