As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PHALLA] r@ndomphalla - It ends with 7

1161718192022»

• Options
    cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    cheez wrote: »
    I'm a little concerned at how bad village apathy has gotten in the last few games. It is really tough to get that first foothold of a dead mafia member when everybody's posting the bare minimum. I mean, 33 pages for a main Phalla?

Well you guys were doing all our work for us.

I didn't really have anything to add.

Thanks for the game Egos the narrations were pretty ballin to

I wouldn't have mentioned it if it were just this game -- it's more of a trend lately. I wonder if the glut of minis has led to a bit of Phalla fatigue.

cheez on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I think its because they killed me on day 1.

After I'm dead, all the fun leaves the game.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm a little concerned at how bad village apathy has gotten in the last few games. It is really tough to get that first foothold of a dead mafia member when everybody's posting the bare minimum. I mean, 33 pages for a main Phalla?

Well you guys were doing all our work for us.

I didn't really have anything to add.

Thanks for the game Egos the narrations were pretty ballin to

I wouldn't have mentioned it if it were just this game -- it's more of a trend lately. I wonder if the glut of minis has led to a bit of Phalla fatigue.

I was hoping that my purely vanilla 'oh hey we need to figure stuff out on our own' would help to fix this a bit.

but I don't think it worked.

it's a new crowd of players, though, so maybe the dynamics just shifted.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    i have a long-running history of not enjoying mains.

but the fluff was amazing and it was extremely well-run!

thank you for hosting, Egos.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    ROLES

Guard
    charlesblack.png
    [REBEL]
    [GUARDIAN]- Each Night you May Guard an Individual ,besides yourself, against a Normal Attack.
    Victory Condition: Eliminate the Letter Agents.

Vigilante
    CHOSENCHILD.png
    [REBEL]
    [VIGILANTE]- Each Night you May Select a Target to Be Killed

Busdriver
    kushi.png
    [REBEL]
    [BUSDRIVER]- Submit two targets to me each night. Any powers directed towards one will be directed towards the other.

Masons
    IVO.png
    [REBEL]
    [MASON]- Along with REG Rysk (aka Body + Soul of Haruko Kumai) you work together to bring an end to the tyrants known as S. and F.

kumai.png
    [REBEL]
    [MASON]- Along with lonelyahava(aka Ivo the Indomitable Fireman of Cleanliness) you work together to bring an end to the tyrants known as S. and F.

Therapist
    THEINFILTRATOR.png

[REBEL]
    [Therapist]- You may pick a target each night. If they are the Serial Killer they will be cured and become a village aligned. You should be aware the Letter Agents also have an interest in the Serial Killer and that the Serial Killer is unaware of your presence.

Seers
    guy.png
    [REBEL]
    [SEER]- Each Night You May Submit a Target to Me to Each Night to Investigate.

and

inkhell.png
    [REBEL]
    [SEER]- Each Night You May Submit a Target to Me to Each Night to Investigate.

Tracker

drmoon.png
    [REBEL]
    [TRACKER]- Submit a Target to me each night. You will be told if they used an ability on another individual.

Martyr
    ron.png

[REBEL]
    [Martyr]- You may guard an Individual against any Attacks at the expense of your own Life.

Serial Killer/Psychopath
    bubbleguma.png
    [SERIAL KILLER]
    [UNSTOPPABLE]- On night 1 you get a normal kill.After Night 1 , provide a name to me for someone to be killed the following night. In the night's prior narration their name will appear in a subject line of a youtube video and they will be killed the following night. The kill will be unstoppable.

Victory Condition: Destroy the City of X

Roleblocker

serpentgod.png
    [Letter Agent]
    [RoleBlocker] - Each Night You May Choose a Target to Block
    Victory Condition: Outnumber the Rebels.

Mindbender
    scarlet.png
    [Letter Agent]
    [MindBender] - If you find the Serial Killer you may be able to twist him to your cause. Warning the rebels may also seek to do the same.

Thrall
    skelarmor.png
    [Letter Agent]
    [Thrall] - If seered you will appear as Village Aligned aka a Rebel

Egos on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Martyr could stop the unstoppable kill if they desired.
    The way the Mindbender worked was they would gain an additional number if they found the SK (in terms of outnumbering). Really an unnecessary bonus. The Rebels would not have to kill the SK to win (obviously it would show something changed. And the SK would lose his killing ability.
    The Therapist on the other hand would cause the village to gain a full fledged Unstoppable Vigilante.

Unfortunately the added bonuses to the mafia were to counter potential threats. Invincibility in the busdriver. and a complete and utter network if the Therapist just offered the conversion straight up to the SK (obviously with the guard dying... it would have been a huge issue) and SK's may not believe it* ...etc,etc.

*That in itself may have been enough.

So it was unnecessary. I anticipated the information team working a lot more to the advantage of the village. With the tracker potentially discovering information the seers didn't..etc,etc.

Egos on
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Were those roles really assigned randomly? Cause those characters all seemed to fit the rolls so well.

Edit: If some of the mafia's kills are directed by individual mafia members a tracker gets alot stronger, three untracable kills make it almost useless exempt to maybe find village members.

Void Slayer on
    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Were those roles really assigned randomly? Cause those characters all seemed to fit the rolls so well.

Yeah they were randomly assigned which I found pretty amusing.

I actually wanted the Chosen Child as a misguided SK.

Edit: If some of the mafia's kills are directed by individual mafia members a tracker gets alot stronger, three untracable kills make it almost useless exempt to maybe find village members.

It's definitely not a powerhouse role, but it could come in handy. Say the vigilante is quiet and the tracker finds him, or they find the SK. And the seer had seered the tracker or they had seered the therapist also. Granted that is a lot of ifs. But the tracker could have had their uses.

Granted I agree they aren't useful for finding mafia in this game (minus the roleblocker or the mindbender potentially) which depending would depend on how they approached it. Could be a little hurm....

Obviously the third kill should have no existed or should have been handed differently... (less mafia, maybe a hitman). Generally speaking I've never been a fan of the "mafia member" submits the kill can be traced back. Especially since that member is usually one of the more active mafia and you are kinda saying fuck you to them by making them more vulnerable versus the mafia members who could really give a shit.

But there is something to be said for a solid group of good guys if you can get it. And having someone around that adds extra padding doesn't hurt.

Egos on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    thanks for the game egos

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    thedream.jpg

As he stood over the boy trapped in the tube, Subject X suddenly felt an emptiness inside. Something felt awry. He looked around, he was disoriented. Someone had stabbed him with something. He turned around to see a figure, his face covered in bandages, holding a syringe. What had he been injected with? He looked at the tube.

"M99...."

He woke strapped to a table in the very radio tower he had used to send messages out from. He turned to see the bandaged figure. "I see you are up." Subject X remained silent. He knew what was coming. His abductor had posted pictures on the wall. "These are your victims...I don't think you know that though.." . The Subject didn't recognize any of the faces. "That was when you were Agent X. They transformed you into something else and you don't even know it." X merely smiles in response. "Why do you think you have to keep punching in that message? You are programmed." The smile fades. "And you are doing exactly what they want..."
    "I'm not under their control"
    The Subject finally speaks up

"That is true." the abductor responds "But you are still a slave to what they did to you, what if I could give you a way to fight back...they will try and take you back ...make you a guinea pig again..Do you want that?" The Subject remains silent for a few minutes before speaking up " I need to send out a message...I can't ....I'm not myself without it."
    "Can you be trusted?"

" Yes..."

The bandaged man soon unleashes the Subject from his restraints and the former killer regains his composure. He stretches his neck and begins to make his way to the radio tower console
    ".....and no...."

when he suddenly slaps the Needle across the face knocking him out cold, laying on the floor. A smile crosses his face as he walks over to the console to send out a special message

The Following Day

Ivo screamed in fury as he stormed the Black Fortress with axe in hand he chopped away at any of those that stood in his path but the inner sanctum was out of his reach. As he reached the center hall, he realized he had fallen into a trap as a several henchmen approached him from all side , uzis in hand. It seemed like the end as he realized the 4th Flyer of Apocalypse had made it his personal duty to oversee Ivo's death.

E.T. the Game had managed to stow away in one of Ivo's pockets when he flew out and attempted to wail at the Agent Aligned Hockey Player. "BEEEE EVIL! YOUUU!" The game screeched. Ivo knew this was the end when there was a sudden rumbling. The ground beneath the henchmen began to shake violently when KUSHI suddenly emerged from the ground to let out a shriek causing all to fall to the ground covering their ears. The henchmen however soon rose up and aimed their guns, not at Ivo but, at The 4th Flyer of Apocalypse. Before he could make a move. He was riddled with bullets

"NOOOOOOOO!!!!"

Black flood squired out from every new orifice as he fell to the ground and E.T. the game was soon dancing around the corpse. Ivo merely patted Kushi on the head in appreciation. The moment of happiness was short lived however, as the Flyer's death triggered an alarm that caused the chamber to fill with poisonous gas. Ivo had accepted his fate, but Kushi did not. She violently rammed herself against the center door with all her might until it finally gave in. Unfortunately she did as well. Ivo saw to her till the end.

The video game sidekick had no words... As they continued onward they noticed someone had breached the inner sanctum. The cloaked killer was seen with a wooden sword in hand slicing and dicing through various henchmen as he approached an enormous beast, The Serpent God. The God attempted to coil around the cloaked killer, but the killer manged to jumped onto his metal body and run along side the creature's body until he reached his head. The beast attempted to shake him off to no avail. That was when the Cloaked Killer raised the sword and slammed it into the head of the Serpent God bringing it crashing to the ground. It's minions scattered in fear.

Ivo and the others suddenly entered. Seeing a moment of opportunity. The Inkblot from Hell accosted the Brainwashed Timothy Luckner and managed to convince him that he had been in hell for over 55 years of his life with one simple actions and FOUR simple words. Flying in front of him and saying in a deep James Earl Jones-like voice
    "YOU ARE IN HELL"

Which seemed to be enough to freak him out of his brainwashed mindset. Denis Mandlebound ,another minion, merely unicycled himself away from the carnage in fear hopefully to find Mavis and the kids. EVE-015 surrendered in the hopes that her good looks might lead her to be spared. But Magery Mitchel and her Jackalope felt the need to lasso her up for good measure. Scarlet Starlazer was fascinated by the raw strength of the Cloaked Killer and tried to approach him for an interview but was quickly pushed to the ground, but she was offered a hand by an unlikely character The Invisible Man and sparks would soon fly.

The Axe had managed to be found by ??? the Dead Boy who now found an outlet for his undead angst and Rock would continue to live on through a semi-zombie like vessel. The Face on Mars watched on in happiness as he listened to the sweet rock of Rebel Triumph.

Soon the "Doctor", Guy Aionos, Herbert Moon and Bonomir would enter the chamber . The Doctor would remark "Looks like it worked". Guy looked back "Kushi is dead though.." . "Really?" the Doctor said with a sad sneer "I suppose we go back and try and fix that.."
    Suddenly the Chosen Child and Charles Montgomery Black joined the party saying in unison
    "WHO WANTS ICE CREAM?"

The Believed Dead 4th Flyer of the Apocalypse left hand suddenly raises

Oh and...
    Mr. Defecation is still dragged off by a mule

Egos on
  • Options
    cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Okay, that one's my favorite.

cheez on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular