As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CREATE ON] LittleBigPlanet 2 - It's out! Let's make levels!

• Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    Got this last week for a hanging out weekend. So much fun with four players in a Sackboy Retard Olympics kind of way. It's also a bit of :3 since I used a LBP1 level to propose to my fiancee two years ago yesterday.

Edit: Can I be added to the OP player list? Same as my forum handle.

Cool to know you are that guy! I remember reading that.

I doubt I was "that guy" since I never published it or anything. And his level was a looooot better than mine, since I had to work in secret two hours a week while she was at class. And it's not exactly an original idea. But it worked, obviously.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Someone at LBPCentral linked me to this.

so many nerdboners.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    If any device is the king of analogue processing, it’s the timer. Simple enough to just trigger an event every few seconds, yet powerful enough to be used at the core of a data storage device or even integration (yes, LBP2 has calculus) of analogue signals against time and a whole bunch of stuff in between.

ungggggggg

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    After solving that throbbing light issue with a single timer I realized that timers were more powerful than I had initially thought, but CALCULUS? That is freaking ridiculous.

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    oh jeez, yeah the timer does the integration all on its own. You don't need any fancy logic.

I'm only sort of grasping the concept, but basically, when you have a timer set to speed input, and have an analogue signal as its input, the timer's output is the integral of its input signal against time.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    GihgehlsGihgehls Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So, I've run into a little issue. I'm working on a demoscene-style video to showcase some sequenced music. I'm working on a text effect where I've built a single "pixel" out of neon and I've given it a simple chip that makes it move toward the screen a layer and change color when a tag is nearby. My problem is that as I modify and tweak the pixel, I have to rewrite my testing text. Is there a clever way of using emitters so that my written words are instances of the original pixel so that changes to the original are reflected in the text? Here's a quick and dirty iphone video to demonstrate.

Gihgehls on
    PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Just published it! Took forever and a day, but at least it's done. ^^

The Fist of Craft Earth
    The goal was to see if I could bring that same level of action to LBP2 and here's to hoping I've reached a little bit of that same magic as those action games bring to the players out there.

- It has sharks, zombies, dinosaurs, and even a gigantic metal octopus!
    - Pull off insane combos and see if you can reach 99 hits!
    - Nutty special attacks and full screen supers!
    - Beast Grip action similar to Devil May Cry 4's devil bringer
    - Regenerative health

Hope you guys enjoy as I had making it!

PLayed it and here is my review of it:

I liked the tutorial. Even though you never use the buttonpress in the level itself. The controlls are nice and tight and I enjoyed the flow it all very much.It is hard to see what you are doing when a few enemies start to get close, though.

-The lifebar disappears behind buildings and pillars. Also when walking down towards the tutorial bit, it sometimes comes into view while you tried to hide it from view.
    -The level itself is somewhat repetive. Destroying the same door four times can be a bit tedious if you dont throw something new into the mix. Can't you give each door a different defense mechanic? Throwing mines, spread shots, homing missiles, spice it up a bit.
    -The big lizard after the second door clogged my view of my character and it seemed almost impossible not to get hit by it unless i used grab from afar.
    -It took me a while to figure out the guys in the little tanks can be only be killed by grabbing. Maybe hint the player of this in the tutorial?
    -As it is now, healing seems useless. Standing still costs points and takes too long. Its better to get yourself killed to keep in the action. Otherwise it becomes a bit boring.
    -The boss looked awesome! It could use some more attacks, though. Maybe give flamethrowers to the tips and make the closest tentacle attack the player with it from time to time? Make it drop mines or shoot ink which will damage/slow the player? Let it charge attack the player? As of now its just smashing the button and occasionaly dodge the fireball.
    -And maybe less health. I used the grab attack to kill it from afar but this left the tentacles end in the game when I destroyed the middle bits. Is this intentional?
    -You gain health and loose points during cutscenes. (which are very well done)

Overall: impressive looking level, nice enemies, music and humor. Liked the design of the boss and the intention of the gameplay. The level itself could use some more different things. Add some pits/mines/laserbeam/cars to avoid. Maybe a little puzzle involving the unused switch.

I hope you don't think I'm being to harsh. Its miles better then the majority of levels I see on lbp2.

Gihgehls wrote: »
    So, I've run into a little issue. I'm working on a demoscene-style video to showcase some sequenced music. I'm working on a text effect where I've built a single "pixel" out of neon and I've given it a simple chip that makes it move toward the screen a layer and change color when a tag is nearby. My problem is that as I modify and tweak the pixel, I have to rewrite my testing text. Is there a clever way of using emitters so that my written words are instances of the original pixel so that changes to the original are reflected in the text?

Yes. Place a emitter and make it emit the block using the uppermost selection option. (Not sure what it is called: I will look it up tomorrow.)

You can keep the block in the level and tweak it.
    Set the emittor to spawn instantly, with endless time. Add this to block itself: a big sensor tag which destroys the block when a blue tag (name it Eraser or whatver) is nearby. Use a floating hologram with a blue tag called eraser to destroy all the blocks when you are done updating the original block. When the emitter spawns a new block it will be updated.

Either that or make each emitter spawn a block 20 gridblocks or something like that above itself, so you can select and destroy all the blocks manually without destroying the emitters.
    Make sure the block is a high as on of the gridoptions you can select if you press start. That way you can easily place them where you want.

Alphagaia on
    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Thanks for the advice. And yes, I was already using grid snap. Life without it is hell.

Gihgehls on
    PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I never touched gridsnap until lbp2.

I lined things up by drawing a big line of material and then pushed everything into it.

I don't know how I lived such a barbaric existence.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    oh man now I'm up to a part in this logic blog where he's explaining how to do binary.

This is just so unbelievably cool. What blows me away is how simple this stuff is. I've already made microchips far more complicated than any of these things he's been showing off.

Seriously everyone should check these things out. They're complicated concepts but he does a really good job of translating them into laymen's terms. If you have like a high school level understanding of math you should be able to understand it, and while I'm not quite to the point where I can see the usefulness of this stuff, it definitely seems like it has applications like whoa for building levels.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ok, once I get done with the single player stuff, I'm going to make a level. Has anyone ever made an RPG leveling system yet?

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Ok, once I get done with the single player stuff, I'm going to make a level. Has anyone ever made an RPG leveling system yet?

that's actually what I'm working on right now!

Well, "working on." Right now I'm in the planning phases. I think I'm getting to have a pretty solid grasp on how the logic's gonna work though. My only concern is that it seems like it could chomp down a pretty nasty amount of thermo.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    samurai6966samurai6966 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'd love to do a RPG but I'm playing MGS:PeaceWalker, DC Universe Online, LBP2, and working.

samurai6966 on
  • Options
    donkey showdonkey show Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    PLayed it and here is my review of it:

I liked the tutorial. Even though you never use the buttonpress in the level itself. The controlls are nice and tight and I enjoyed the flow it all very much.It is hard to see what you are doing when a few enemies start to get close, though.

-The lifebar disappears behind buildings and pillars. Also when walking down towards the tutorial bit, it sometimes comes into view while you tried to hide it from view.
    -The level itself is somewhat repetive. Destroying the same door four times can be a bit tedious if you dont throw something new into the mix. Can't you give each door a different defense mechanic? Throwing mines, spread shots, homing missiles, spice it up a bit.
    -The big lizard after the second door clogged my view of my character and it seemed almost impossible not to get hit by it unless i used grab from afar.
    -It took me a while to figure out the guys in the little tanks can be only be killed by grabbing. Maybe hint the player of this in the tutorial?
    -As it is now, healing seems useless. Standing still costs points and takes too long. Its better to get yourself killed to keep in the action. Otherwise it becomes a bit boring.
    -The boss looked awesome! It could use some more attacks, though. Maybe give flamethrowers to the tips and make the closest tentacle attack the player with it from time to time? Make it drop mines or shoot ink which will damage/slow the player? Let it charge attack the player? As of now its just smashing the button and occasionaly dodge the fireball.
    -And maybe less health. I used the grab attack to kill it from afar but this left the tentacles end in the game when I destroyed the middle bits. Is this intentional?
    -You gain health and loose points during cutscenes. (which are very well done)

Overall: impressive looking level, nice enemies, music and humor. Liked the design of the boss and the intention of the gameplay. The level itself could use some more different things. Add some pits/mines/laserbeam/cars to avoid. Maybe a little puzzle involving the unused switch.

I hope you don't think I'm being to harsh. Its miles better then the majority of levels I see on lbp2.

Nope, those are all legitimate points you dropped. And of course, they're very helpful. Here are a couple of things I've changed and published to alleviate those problems.

- fix the meanie shooter's firing cycle
    - deactivating the tips of the Negoctopus' legs when pulled off
    - balancing enemy count so it ramps up progressively instead of just throwing you into insanity from the get go
    - making R1 usage against the turrets a little more obvious (only initially)
    - adding dummies in the tutorial
    - fixing certain checkpoints and moving objects that can be beast gripped away from checkpoints to prevent blockage
    - creating a mini-health HUD when the main HUD is blocked
    - removing health penalty points and upping death penalty points

Using the grip is mentioned several times as a sticking point throughout the level through the televisions, before I made those changes, but I guess they weren't that obvious. And I can add a couple more changes to the section flow, especially with the turrets. As for the giant lizard, that's what the first hard attack is for considering it's pretty much the only long range attack your character has.

I've been playing a lot of Fist of the North Star/Gundam Musou lately, so the level design has been rather inspired by that, to either its benefit or not depending on your opinion, lol. I had initially wanted to put a lot of those environmental obstacles and buttons throughout, but the game ended up becoming more action oriented and next thing you know, I had to split the level into two due to thermo issues. The first part in the city is at 95% and the second with the boss is at 60%. If anything, I can probably extend the second part a little more, but we'll see how it goes from here since I'm ready to start on something new. ^^

Again, thanks for the review!

donkey show on
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Happy to help:

If you want to cool the thermo a bit maybe add a portal so the tutoial can be placed in a new level? At the end just create another portal to switch you back to the regular level.
    -Using emitters and instances of the enemies instead of copying them really helps cooling the thermo as well.
    -The lizard could be placed in the second bit of the level, before the actual boss? Maybe this will help even out the thermo issues as well.

Perhaps this way you could cram in some different attacks for the doors so its not the same battle 4 times.

Would love to play it again when you are finished on the little bugs!
    oh man now I'm up to a part in this logic blog where he's explaining how to do binary.

This is just so unbelievably cool. What blows me away is how simple this stuff is. I've already made microchips far more complicated than any of these things he's been showing off.

Seriously everyone should check these things out. They're complicated concepts but he does a really good job of translating them into laymen's terms. If you have like a high school level understanding of math you should be able to understand it, and while I'm not quite to the point where I can see the usefulness of this stuff, it definitely seems like it has applications like whoa for building levels.

My technical English ain't that great but I'm gonna read that blog and hope I can understand it! At the moment I'm not even sure what its supposed to be be about, but if I read it and have any questions can I ask you about it?

Alphagaia on
    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    donkey showdonkey show Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Happy to help:

If you want to cool the thermo a bit maybe add a portal so the tutoial can be placed in a new level? At the end just create another portal to switch you back to the regular level.
    -Using emitters and instances of the enemies instead of copying them really helps cooling the thermo as well.
    -The lizard could be placed in the second bit of the level, before the actual boss? Maybe this will help even out the thermo issues as well.

Perhaps this way you could cram in some different attacks for the doors so its not the same battle 4 times.

Would love to play it again when you are finished on the little bugs!

Well, the level itself is basically emitted outside of the tutorial and the first section of the level. From enemies to the cars, to the scenery, everything is emitted. There's no way in heck the thermo could manage copies of all that jazz. I do like the idea of level linking the tutorial, so that can be a way of saving some space.

I had a previous idea about the giant lizards in the second half of the level, but it would've been too nuts for a player. When you pulled off the arms, boss would call in two more lizards to assist, but that's too much!

We'll see how it goes from there! Also, just checked lbp.me and saw my level got Mm picked! =D

donkey show on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Yeah feel free to ask, it'd be rad to talk to someone about this stuff!

The basic idea is that a lot of the logic pieces in LBP give out both a digital signal and an analogue signal, which is generally used to affect stuff the the speed of movers, that kind of thing. He goes through how you can do things like add and subtract the values output by different analogue signals, and how to convert the digital to analogue and vice-versa.

Near the end it's starting to get a little complicated for me to follow but it's still super-valuable. The RPG idea I have was gonna be a logistical nightmare but now that I know all this stuff it seems way more doable.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    T3hJakeT3hJake Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    Hey guys I'm new here to promote a level of mine that really needs a little bit of recognition since I entered it in a huge contest after working on it for a month.
    Anyways, here's the lbp.me link to queue it up: http://lbp.me/v/xhkk-4
    It won't take too much of your time to rate and heart, and it really helps me out a lot!

Now, if you're unsure if a Toyota Prius themed level can be any good, here's a full video! If you like what you see, please play it. Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL6xbVv4fKs

T3hJake on
  • Options
    TomaToma Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hmm, I need to make a gimmick level. Something short and sweet just to make for fun.

- LBP Crossfire?
    - Irritating Stick level?
    - Moon Patrol?

Toma on
    tomapop.gif

PSN: Toma84
  • Options
    MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    How about a point and click adventure? It would seem simple enough I think.

MetaHybrid on
    3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
  • Options
    BraintrustBraintrust Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Aghhhh!!!!
    My PS3 crashed while I was in little big planet 2.
    I lost all my game data!!!
    I now have to beat all the story mode again. Aghhh!!!

Braintrust on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    The microchip I'm working on to calculate damage for my RPG level is not particularly thermo-heavy in the least, but it has so many wires that the game slows wayyyyy down if I try and connect anything to anything else.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Have you tried using nodes to manually manage your wires? I know that a lot of that lag you are seeing the engine producing a solution to route all the cables. Another thing you could do is offload bit of your logic to another board as you complete them, then hide that board.

Gihgehls on
    PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Have you tried using nodes to manually manage your wires? I know that a lot of that lag you are seeing the engine producing a solution to route all the cables. Another thing you could do is offload bit of your logic to another board as you complete them, then hide that board.

This is good practice in general. Think of boards as procedures or methods. You likely don't want more than 5 chips on any one board.

Braintrust on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Braintrust wrote: »

This is good practice in general. Think of boards as procedures or methods. You likely don't want more than 5 chips on any one board.

This sounds like sissy talk to me. The kinda talk that comes from people who don't have 498 logic gates and 297 wires in a single microchip

the best part is it doesn't even fill the bulb of the thermometer.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

This sounds like sissy talk to me. The kinda talk that comes from people who don't have 498 logic gates and 297 wires in a single microchip

It is not really. Placing all your code (chips) in one method (board) is something junior programmers do. It is something we have to beat out of them where I work. Truth is if you used more boards you could likely reduce your chip count. It would look better. And the resulting boards can be used in your next level or given as prizes. Smaller boards are easier to test as well. You can test them separate from you master board.

One downside is I wouldn't bet that LBP 2 is treating them as reusable code. I bet two instances of a single board use twice as much memory.

Braintrust on
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Op updated to include some more levels posted here and some PSN names.

I'm hoping to delve back in to this at some point but LBP (and LBP2) seem to be games I play when I don't have other games to play. Largely so I can take my time making awesome stuff.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    edited February 2011

It is not really. Placing all your code (chips) in one method (board) is something junior programmers do. It is something we have to beat out of them where I work. Truth is if you used more boards you could likely reduce your chip count. It would look better. And the resulting boards can be used in your next level or given as prizes. Smaller boards are easier to test as well. You can test them separate from you master board.

One downside is I wouldn't bet that LBP 2 is treating them as reusable code. I bet two instances of a single board use twice as much memory.

I feel like it was pretty obvious that that was a joke!

Regardless, I think I've got it organized about as well as I reasonably can. The sequencer has 100 batteries on it, but it inherently needs to to do what I want it to. Then I have a chip which has 99 chips inside of it, each of which contains a "pulse generator" that sends out a different number of digital pulses. A battery is hooked into the input of each of those chips, and the output of every chip feeds into an OR switch, which feeds into the HP meter.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    ItalaxItalax Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm making a hub world and linking it to several smaller worlds, is there anyway to save progress through each of these smaller levels so that when they're all done it lets you get to the finish point in the hub world?

I pretty much need the hub world to be separate since it's set up to be a boat sailing around an isometric sea, landing on islands or inside caves to enter the levels.

Italax on
    PSN: Italax - Steam ID : Italax
    Sometimes I Stream Games: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/italax-plays-video-games
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    The sequencer has 100 batteries on it, but it inherently needs to to do what I want it to. Then I have a chip which has 99 chips inside of it, each of which contains a "pulse generator" that sends out a different number of digital pulses. A battery is hooked into the input of each of those chips, and the output of every chip feeds into an OR switch, which feeds into the HP meter.

Wait do each set of battery and chip represent an enemy that you fight in sequence? If so then store the enemy specific data on a chip that gets emitted. Use wireless logic to interface with you main chip. (wireless is tag sensors) Bundle about 6 different enemies per emitted chip. These would match up with a region of the world map or with a dungeon. As you change areas dissolve the old data and emit the new data. Then you only need to deal with 6 values per area.
    Italax wrote: »
    I'm making a hub world and linking it to several smaller worlds, is there anyway to save progress through each of these smaller levels so that when they're all done it lets you get to the finish point in the hub world?

I pretty much need the hub world to be separate since it's set up to be a boat sailing around an isometric sea, landing on islands or inside caves to enter the levels.
    Use the score sensor. I think your score is preserved between linking levels.

Braintrust on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    The sequencer has 100 batteries on it, but it inherently needs to to do what I want it to. Then I have a chip which has 99 chips inside of it, each of which contains a "pulse generator" that sends out a different number of digital pulses. A battery is hooked into the input of each of those chips, and the output of every chip feeds into an OR switch, which feeds into the HP meter.

Wait do each set of battery and chip represent an enemy that you fight in sequence? If so then store the enemy specific data on a chip that gets emitted. Use wireless logic to interface with you main chip. (wireless is tag sensors) Bundle about 6 different enemies per emitted chip. These would match up with a region of the world map or with a dungeon. As you change areas dissolve the old data and emit the new data. Then you only need to deal with 6 values per area.

Nah, what it is is a way to process damage for an RPG combat system.

inputs from other parts of the level that I haven't made yet take the attack stat of the attacker and the defense stat of the defender, and takes the difference of those two values. That number gets fed into the sequencer, which is set to positional. This makes the sequencer light up at a position that corresponds to the number. At each of these positions is a battery and a microchip with a pulse generator that consists of a NOT gate with an input of an AND switch that's powered by the same NOT gate and a counter. Each pulse generator is set to generate a number of pulses equal to the value of the analog signal that was received by the sequencer.

So for instance, if the attacker has 15 attack and the defender has 8 defense, the direction combiner puts the number 7 into the sequencer, which moves it to position number 7. At position 7 is a battery that turns on a microchip that shoots out 7 digital signals in rapid succession, each of which feed into the player's health bar, which is an inverted counter with a max count of whatever the player's current HP stat is.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    It's super-effective!

Gihgehls on
    PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    So for instance, if the attacker has 15 attack and the defender has 8 defense, the direction combiner puts the number 7 into the sequencer, which moves it to position number 7. At position 7 is a battery that turns on a microchip that shoots out 7 digital signals in rapid succession, each of which feed into the player's health bar, which is an inverted counter with a max count of whatever the player's current HP stat is.

I don't get it. It sounds like you are taking analog battery values( 15 attack and 8 defense), and converting them to digital with a sequencer. Then converting them back to analog with a battery on the sequencer. That is then fed into a pulse generator that converts the battery input into digital pulses. This I assume you have connected to a counter. Why can't you just take analog inputs, subtract them with a Combiner and feed that directly to the pulse generator. They way I see it you only need one combiner, and one Pulse Generator. (for the player)

Braintrust on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I can't feed them directly into the pulse generator for two reasons. The first is that the amount of damage that can be dealt is variable, so depending on the value I need to send a number of pulses that could hypothetically be anywhere from 1 to 99. The second, is that as the player levels up, their maximum HP increases, so there's no clean way to define a given quantity of HP as a percentage of their health bar, because that's a variable number. Either one of these reasons would be manageable, but as far as I can tell there isn't a more efficient method for dealing with both of them together than what I've come up with. There very well could be a better way, but seeing as this idea is pretty low on thermo and works exactly how I want it to, and looks much tidier after I cleaned it up a little, I really have no interest in continuing to try and fix something that's no longer broken.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I can't feed them directly into the pulse generator for two reasons. The first is that the amount of damage that can be dealt is variable, so depending on the value I need to send a number of pulses that could hypothetically be anywhere from 1 to 99. The second, is that as the player levels up, their maximum HP increases, so there's no clean way to define a given quantity of HP as a percentage of their health bar, because that's a variable number. Either one of these reasons would be manageable, but as far as I can tell there isn't a more efficient method for dealing with both of them together than what I've come up with. There very well could be a better way, but seeing as this idea is pretty low on thermo and works exactly how I want it to, and looks much tidier after I cleaned it up a little, I really have no interest in continuing to try and fix something that's no longer broken.

Ahh I get it. Your pulse generators don't take in a input that tells them how many times to pulse. That is hard coded somewhere on the generator.

Braintrust on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Right, exactly. I tried doing it with a single pulse generator rigged to a timer that could be fed different analog battery values, but that didn't result in anything but a few hours of wasted time and frustration.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Haha oh man

part of the story of my level involves an order of wizards. I've got one costume set up for like a the grand wizard guy, he's all decked out with a full santa beard, a wizard cap, and a magic wand

then I've got the wizard that actually joins your party, who has a scrub-brush taped to his face, a tin-foil hat, and a spatula.

This makes me happier than it has any right to.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    ItalaxItalax Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Haha oh man

part of the story of my level involves an order of wizards. I've got one costume set up for like a the grand wizard guy, he's all decked out with a full santa beard, a wizard cap, and a magic wand

then I've got the wizard that actually joins your party, who has a scrub-brush taped to his face, a tin-foil hat, and a spatula.

This makes me happier than it has any right to.

This entire post is magical.

Italax on
    PSN: Italax - Steam ID : Italax
    Sometimes I Stream Games: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/italax-plays-video-games
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Italax wrote: »

Couldn't you have the finish part of the hub world protected by something that requires stickers to proceed? You could then give out the stickers in each level. Seems a bit easier than linking it to score.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Right, exactly. I tried doing it with a single pulse generator rigged to a timer that could be fed different analog battery values, but that didn't result in anything but a few hours of wasted time and frustration.

I have created a new pulser. My new pulser takes in an analog battery values.
    I have published it as a level here: http://lbp.me/v/xyc1-s
    I named it "Dynamic Repeater" because analog tripped the censors.
    Note this takes the percent value and repeats it n+1 times. So if you set it to 3% it repeats 4 times. Need to work out that bug.

Braintrust on