As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] HEALAS EVERYTHING!!

• Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The dragon change means blitz can no longer pull, singed can no longer throw, and xin zhao can not pop it up.

Also, Simon ignored what I said and now I feel like I'm playing LoL with him

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    zeenyzeeny Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Arikado wrote: »
    I think the dragon change means Blitz can't grab it anymore. I could be wrong though.

Oooh, that would make sense. You should be right.

zeeny on
  • Options
    NisiNisi Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Slicer wrote: »
    I think the dragon change means Blitz can't grab it anymore. I could be wrong though.

I hope not! Stealing the dragon via pulling is literally the best.

They said they wanted to stop that since it gave an unfair advantage to blue.

Nisi on
  • Options
    Legen DairyLegen Dairy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Simon ignored what I said and now I feel like I'm playing LoL with him

If we were playing, I wouldn't be ignoring you, I'd be yelling at you for not immediately recognizing you should have gone to X and done Y.

Legen Dairy on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Slicer wrote: »

I hope not! Stealing the dragon via pulling is literally the best.

Yeah, but doing it from absolute safety without triggering wards is incredibly cheesy.

zeeny on
  • Options
    Paradox ControlParadox Control Master MC Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    i want to know why the fuck it takes 10+ hours to patch a game.

I mean, aren't they used to doing this kind of thing by now?

Yeah I'm sure all they do is just "patch a game" I think your over simplifying the process a bit.

Paradox Control on
    \
  • Options
    edited February 2011

If we were playing, I wouldn't be ignoring you, I'd be yelling at you for not immediately recognizing you should have gone to X and done Y.

That's true, but I would just laugh and make a joke about my tri-prong penis and everything would be alright again

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Yeah I'm sure all they do is just "patch a game" I think your over simplifying the process a bit.

Listen here, you son of a bitch.

You take your self-righteous the world doesn't revolve around me easy going fucking attitude right the fuck out of here.

Legen Dairy on
  • Options
    Paradox ControlParadox Control Master MC Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

That's true, but I would just laugh and make a joke about my tri-prong penis and everything would be alright again

some times I wish I could thumbs up a post here on PA.

Paradox Control on
    \
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2011
    THIS IS A SLAP IN THE FACE!

I AM CONSIDERING BEING A PAYING CUSTOMER AND I DO NOT APPRECIATE BEING TREATED LIKE THIS RIOT

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    So I hear that Irelia is rocking it at high ELO. What is the mighty build?

Brut/Sheen into Triforce then finish Ghostblade or go straight to survivability. I honestly don't understand why are they getting the Triforce though.

zeeny on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

The surgery isn't too painful. Bonus is that you can TRI-FUCK.

Pacificstar on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

The surgery isn't too painful. Bonus is that you can TRI-FUCK.

Never go for the P.S., bro. Never.

Legen Dairy on
  • Options
    FlipprDolphinFlipprDolphin Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    zeeny wrote: »

Brut/Sheen into Triforce then finish Ghostblade or go straight to survivability. I honestly don't understand why are they getting the Triforce though.

I read somewhere that Wriggles is part of it, but i forget where i read it

FlipprDolphin on
  • Options
    ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Wisdom, Power, and Courage are always worthwhile. Anyway, how the hell is she supposed to defeat Gannondorf without them?

ResIpsaLoquitur on
    League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So have the patch notes been posted yet? People are talking like they have, but I fail to find them.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    edited February 2011

I read somewhere that Wriggles is part of it, but i forget where i read it

For sure if you're jungling.

zeeny on
  • Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

doesn't blade surge apply on hit effects?

Minerva_SC on
    "If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    so so so

new teemo with boots of mobility, activates move quick, ghost, and then a zilean casts his buff and karma uses her tether

VROOOOMMMM

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2011
    There are no patch notes, there is only despair.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Wisdom, Power, and Courage are always worthwhile. Anyway, how the hell is she supposed to defeat Gannondorf without them?

She's the princess, she ain't defeating anybody!

zeeny on
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Gaming companies really shouldn't announce anything unless it's no more than two weeks out.

The level of impatience our new instant gratification culture displays is obnoxious.

And unfortunately, instead of accepting that fact and changing their ways, they continue to announce features months in advance -- because, well, that's just how things have always been done. You want to build buzz, you announce things months (and years) in advance.

Too bad they don't realize they're doing themselves more harm than good.

I like seeing features announced a few months in advance.

That said, Riot is doing it wrong. For one, they give a false sense of slow progress / bad priorities by releasing champs every two weeks, and they don't give any conception of an ETA or tangible progress. I don't know if it is due this summer, or if I'll be playing Guild Wars 2, or dead, or whatever before it comes out.

I understand the teeming prole masses might be a different story, but I can appreciate "We need to rewrite some of our graphics code to make this work right, so it'll be another few weeks probably," even if it is the fourth time they missed their deliver date. My least favorite thing is "When it's done (TM)."
    i want to know why the fuck it takes 10+ hours to patch a game.

I mean, aren't they used to doing this kind of thing by now?

True, but OTOH, since they patch so regularly it would behoove them to make the process as streamlined and failure free as possible.

That said, I'm not in a rush or anything. I need to defend freedom for another five hours or so.
    Minerva_SC wrote: »

Yes, confirmed as of last time I played her. It procs Wriggle's effect.

programjunkie on
  • Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

don't forget the sheen part triggering five times over the casting of Transcendent Blades

unintentional on
  • Options
    FlipprDolphinFlipprDolphin Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Singed with Karma and Zilean. VROOOOOOOOOOM

FlipprDolphin on
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Gaming companies really shouldn't announce anything unless it's no more than two weeks out.

The level of impatience our new instant gratification culture displays is obnoxious.

And unfortunately, instead of accepting that fact and changing their ways, they continue to announce features months in advance -- because, well, that's just how things have always been done. You want to build buzz, you announce things months (and years) in advance.

Well, making announcements like that could be a way to keep people interested so they can get more money, but like you said, their turn around time on everything announced so far is horrible.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Not sure what you mean. As in, it stacks with the damage without an auto attack?
    Otherwise, bladesurge is just amazing for CS-ing from my limited games.

zeeny on
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    I'm confused by some comments about jungling. The only change I see in the notes is dragon being immune to disables, why is that seen as such a big buff that most adequate junglers shouldn't be able to solo it?

It won't affect Trundle, Nunu, Olaf, or WW. Those are the only junglers I've used though, can't speak for the rest.

Nor would it affect udyr or yi. I mean, Dragon solo lvl 7-8 with a wriggles everyday and that hasn't changed as long as your team is smart enough to protect you.

Hell, I still solo it anyway around that level even without protection, as long as I can see 2 out of position or dead, I'm going for it.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

don't forget the sheen part triggering five times over the casting of Transcendent Blades

Sheen activates on any attack, not just an auto attack? That is, Blade->Blade, second one gets sheen proc?

zeeny on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Sheen activates on any attack, not just an auto attack? That is, Blade->Blade, second one gets sheen proc?

as you autoattack your stunned or slowed target (equilibrium strike has a ridiculous duration), stagger the transcendent blades such that they heal you and your autoattacks all get way more damage in because of the triforce. This also works on turrets

unintentional on
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    übergeek wrote: »

Well, making announcements like that could be a way to keep people interested so they can get more money, but like you said, their turn around time on everything announced so far is horrible.

Apparently only Valve can get away with "Valve Time."

Though I think I understand the business reasons they keep pumping out new champs. (Seperate group and all that). I do tend to think we're quickly approaching the diminishing returns point on them. It's pretty clear other parts of the game are needing some love.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

as you autoattack your stunned or slowed target (equilibrium strike has a ridiculous duration), stagger the transcendent blades such that they heal you and your autoattacks all get way more damage in because of the triforce. This also works on turrets

I've been using the R wrong tbh. Most often then not I happen to be chasing with the blades to finish somebody while the surge is on CD or out of range. Thank you, that's a good explanation. I'm not sure I'd go Triforce still, but I will look into getting at least sheen.

zeeny on
  • Options
    ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

She's the princess, she ain't defeating anybody!

It'd be a pretty doable skin, imo:
    Irelia_Splash_1-590x348.jpg
    into
    Super_Smash_Bros_Brawl_Sheik_01.jpg

ResIpsaLoquitur on
    League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

I've been using the R wrong tbh. Most often then not I happen to be chasing with the blades to finish somebody while the surge is on CD or out of range. Thank you, that's a good explanation. I'm not sure I'd go Triforce still, but I will look into getting at least sheen.

this is also why locket was so good on her, that and it made bladesurge creep killing pretty much free.

Minerva_SC on
    "If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I wish i'd bought her before they removed locket, that sounds insane

unintentional on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    you don't really need bladesurge to kill creeps at all unless there are a bunch of creeps at low health like after an ult just misses all the kills.

Jars on
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Still not even at Busy :(

Withdrawal huuuurts

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    This is why you guys should roll EU accounts;o)

zeeny on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Jars wrote: »
    you don't really need bladesurge to kill creeps at all unless there are a bunch of creeps at low health like after an ult just misses all the kills.

Bladesurge is incredible for killing creeps. Takes care fast of a creep wave(if you want to save R) and just generally CS-ing in the lane. I mean, come on. It's instant CS with no CD. If you're not abusing it on helpless minions, you should start doing it.

zeeny on
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Or you could CS without spamming blade surge and push your lane up less.

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    darkenedwingdarkenedwing Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    This is why you guys should roll EU accounts;o)

What the fuck are you meaning to tell me I could have been playing this the WHOLE time?

darkenedwing on
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=29216&dateline=1296970870