As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

BUTTERIAN APPRECIATION STATION!

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Dialog and story of ME1 is pretty bland until about halfway through as well. It gets better.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    TankHammer wrote: »
    Staleghoti wrote: »
    I should really get ME2 for my PSTriple

168e5vl.jpg

This is the stupidest.

The PS3 version should have been ME1 and 2 with all the DLC for both, possibly with ME1 using the ME2 game mechanics.

I would have rebought it and kissed everyone responsible on the mouth.

creativeprocess.png

T4CT on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    batarian women :winky:

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Publishing something doesn't mean you own it. Nintendo published Resident Evil 4 on the Gamecube, and had an exclusivity deal, and Capcom were still able to release it on the PS2.

They didn't put ME1 on the PS3 because they (wrongly) didn't think it was worth the time to include.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Publishing something doesn't mean you own it. Nintendo published Resident Evil 4 on the Gamecube, and had an exclusivity deal, and Capcom were still able to release it on the PS2.

They didn't put ME1 on the PS3 because they (wrongly) didn't think it was worth the time to include.

except that that isn't true and the only place nintendo had anything to do with the publishing of Resident Evil 4 was australia. Even then Red Ant was involved in the publishing as well and the main publishers in Asia/Europe/North America were Ubisoft and THQ.

T4CT on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    They definitely published it in Europe as well at least, I have the game right here.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Weaver wrote: »
    Wanna see some Asari-Vorcha offspring

That is the plot of one of the leading space-oscar contenders this year.

Good pic, but I'm rooting for Akuze. Big budget horror flick/historical drama.

They cast an unknown for Shepard, but it really works. Apparently an ex-mercenary for authenticity.

Allison Gunn or something.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The last couple hours of Mass Effect 1 is one of the best sections in video game history.

Everyone should play it just for that part alone.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011

I'm assuming you have facts and figures or at least projections to back up the claim that the sales based primarily on a 1-year-old re-release would cover the cost of converting a 3-year-old game for re-release as well as leave room for some profit.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    They definitely published it in Europe as well at least, I have the game right here.

http://www.giantbomb.com/resident-evil-4/61-1578/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resident_Evil_4

literally if you google "who published resident evil 4" google straight up answers your question with regular text and says "Capcom"

Nintendo may have eventually been involved in the publishing process but Resident Evil 4 was never exclusive to Gamecube in any publishing contract at all. Mass Effect is.

T4CT on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Butters got up this morning and said yeah, red text. That seems like a good idea.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Butters wrote: »

I'm assuming you have facts and figures or at least projections to back up the claim that the sales based primarily on a 1-year-old re-release would cover the cost of converting a 3-year-old game for re-release as well as leave room for some profit.

I meant worth it in terms of the story you filthy capitalist.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Jordyn wrote: »
    Butters got up this morning and said yeah, red text. That seems like a good idea.

I've been proofing and editing proposals and quotes all day. You're lucky all the text isn't highlighted in varying shades of yellow, pink, and blaze orange.

Butters on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    T4CT wrote: »

literally if you google "who published resident evil 4" google straight up answers your question with regular text and says "Capcom"

Nintendo may have eventually been involved in the publishing process but Resident Evil 4 was never exclusive to Gamecube in any publishing contract at all. Mass Effect is.

This is a stupid argument, so this will be my last word on the matter.

It says right on that wiki you linked that Nintendo published the game in Europe. On the right, next to publishers, where it says 'Show'

Also if you have forgotten Nintendo's famous Gamecube Resident Evil exclusive deal I suggest that you look it up. It was a deal to remake the originals, and for 2 new exclusive games (0, and 4).

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011

This is a stupid argument, so this will be my last word on the matter.

It says right on that wiki you linked that Nintendo published the game in Europe. On the right, next to publishers, where it says 'Show'

Also if you have forgotten Nintendo's famous Gamecube Resident Evil exclusive deal I suggest that you look it up. It was a deal to remake the originals, and for 2 new exclusive games (0, and 4).

That's my bad, I didn't see that, but the point still stands, especially since the PS2 version of RE4 was already being developed before RE4 even released on the gamecube. If you can find me where Resident Evil 4 was ever meant to be one nintendo's exclusive RE titles, I would love a link, because that's not something that happened.

Mass Effect, however, is absolutely tied to Microsoft in an exclusive contract. The last time I was in Bioware's office was 2 months prior to Mass Effect shipping and I remember asking if it would ever see home on the PS3 (because I was silly and did not understand how such things worked) and was straight up told no it's exclusively Microsoft's right now which caused me to ask "will it ever make it to PC" and I got a "who knows?" response

and then it came out on PC

and I was happy

e: further research is showing me that the exclusivity deal only covered 3 RE games.

T4CT on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    http://uk.gamespot.com/news/2812088.html

It was a huge deal at the time. Biggest news of the month.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    e: actually this is irrelevant to the point. Bully for Resident Evil not being exclusive to the gamecube, I know for a fact that the reason ME1 wasn't ported to PS3 was because of MGS publishing the original and not tied to a lack of possible financial gain (although the latter is completely true). If you choose not to believe it, that's not really my problem anymore.

T4CT on
  • Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

Actually, I got this thread.

Google creeps me right the fuck out sometimes.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Framling wrote: »

Actually, I got this thread.

Google creeps me right the fuck out sometimes.

Google is that creepy mouthbreather that sits behind you in starbucks, reading your macbook screen over your shoulder.

Or it would be if I had a macbook and/or went to starbucks.

Ruckus on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    in the ME universe apple was entirely enslaved and fed to thresher maws by Batarians

Weaver on
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Weaver wrote: »
    in the ME universe apple was entirely enslaved and fed to thresher maws by Batarians

Batarians....

OR CERBERUS!?!?!

Probably both, come to think.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I just got to Mordin's song

oh my god I love this game

also, spoilerish question
    I've done a boatload of sidequests and only have a few left in my journal, should I get whatever DLC I want to play on this record now before I do the Reaper IFF mission?

Scudo on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Scudo wrote: »

I've done a boatload of sidequests and only have a few left in my journal, should I get whatever DLC I want to play on this record now before I do the Reaper IFF mission?

Depends.

You mind playing DLC after you beat the game?

If not, then you're fine. Simple as that.

If you do mind, then do it now.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Scudo wrote: »

You can continue after the final mission. It's not like the first one.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Alright, cool then. I ask because it might be my next paycheck before I can reasonably buy Overlord and Shadow Broker, but I'd like to keep playing the game tonight.

Scudo on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ruckus wrote: »
    ME1is playable, ME2 is just 100 times better and doesn't have the most boring inventory system.

It wasn't just boring, it was a hindrance sometimes. Especially trying to deal with surplus weapons and upgrades.

It got really simple once you realized you're supposed to dump that shit on the nearest vendor and there's literally no point to holding on to it.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    but omnigel

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Or that if you were terrible and didn't use Tali or Garrus.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    by the end of the first ME, I had like bajillion credits and a hojillion omnigel.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Anyone who didn't get the Rich Achievement did it wrong.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I can't even remember what omnigel was for. Something about opening things. Gel based locks.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    It was primarily for repairing the fucking mako.

And if you were terrible at hacking.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Also fixing the Mako

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Ah yes, repairing the Mako. While stationary. While a Threasher Maw rapes the Mako.

I remember that.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Ah yes, repairing the Mako. While stationary. While a Threasher Maw rapes the Mako.

I remember that.

That's why you hunt Thresher Maws ON FOOT.

Otherwise you look bad in front of Wrex.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    just slathering locks with ooze

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2011

I remember that.

I recommend going away from the thresher maw before you begin the repairs.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    It was primarily for repairing the fucking mako.

And if you were terrible at hacking.

Man sometimes those locks

I would just get up to them and just hit the wrong button immediately and be like what the fuck am I doing

Like I would overprepare as I stood there and then start thinking a letter before any letter had flashed at me.

AAAAAH PUSH X

Oh shit, it was B.

OH WELL OMNI GEL TIME.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I imagine shepard has a great big jar of it and just slops it on with a spoon

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    "Shepard, where'd all our omnigel go?"

"Nowhere, ma!"

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
This discussion has been closed.