As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[APB: Reloaded] New name, same game?

• mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    MrVyngaard wrote: »
    I'm not sure if they kept the feature from original RTW era APB but simply using the editor a bunch would unlock more stuff for you too.

Pretty sure that such feature is toast.

less than a week after RTW that feature was patched out.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    APB, a game based around fucking players over and over due to horrible mission objectives/rules/design.

Yet I still go back for more. ;_;

Hurry up BF3.

Sonork on
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    I've been giving this thing a go with a good friend of mine. Being new in APB can be a brutal experience. Due to our ignorance, we started off in the Waterworks first and got completely rolled for most of the night. Went up against a lady with an SMG that could literally kill us in under one second.

After swapping over to Financial, we had a much easier time of getting things done, even though we would occasionally get matched against someone who had been playing for ages. This situation typically culminated in our sure demise, as we'd be getting two-shotted with little in the way of offense coming from us thanks to dying the moment our enemies so much as laid eyes on our feeble bodies.

It was fun, though. I'm definitely entertained whenever I die, because the physics are hilarious and some of the themes that people have are fucking wonderful.

The only diff in districts is that waterfront favors longer guns in more places. You just got 'unlucky' with the matchmaking.

If you get rolled too often switch to a different district number from the one you are in.

ALso new guys- There is no way to increase the power of guns, ie a tricked out star will kill you just as fast as a regular star... he just may have an advantage at shorter or longer range than you. Your starter gun is middle of the road, but it works well. Mods do not give you advantages, without disadvantages. Clotting agent does not give you more than 100 hp. it slows time to heal but decreases startup heal time.

The best all round guns are the Ntec, the star, or the joker.

USE cover.

look me up.

So what about the purchased guns? There doesn't seem to be an equivalent to many..

Also that's not *strictly* accurate, things like hunting sight (?) that lower accuracy while moving do absolutely nothing to heavy weapons and really dont have a downside at all

override367 on
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Some choice images from a few nights ago.
    screenshot00004x.jpg

screenshot00007p.jpg

screenshot00009u.jpg

Rius on
  • EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I am so jelous...

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    You guys somehow make this game cool again. :P

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I've been giving this thing a go with a good friend of mine. Being new in APB can be a brutal experience. Due to our ignorance, we started off in the Waterworks first and got completely rolled for most of the night. Went up against a lady with an SMG that could literally kill us in under one second.

After swapping over to Financial, we had a much easier time of getting things done, even though we would occasionally get matched against someone who had been playing for ages. This situation typically culminated in our sure demise, as we'd be getting two-shotted with little in the way of offense coming from us thanks to dying the moment our enemies so much as laid eyes on our feeble bodies.

It was fun, though. I'm definitely entertained whenever I die, because the physics are hilarious and some of the themes that people have are fucking wonderful.

The only diff in districts is that waterfront favors longer guns in more places. You just got 'unlucky' with the matchmaking.

If you get rolled too often switch to a different district number from the one you are in.

ALso new guys- There is no way to increase the power of guns, ie a tricked out star will kill you just as fast as a regular star... he just may have an advantage at shorter or longer range than you. Your starter gun is middle of the road, but it works well. Mods do not give you advantages, without disadvantages. Clotting agent does not give you more than 100 hp. it slows time to heal but decreases startup heal time.

The best all round guns are the Ntec, the star, or the joker.

USE cover.

look me up.

So what about the purchased guns? There doesn't seem to be an equivalent to many..

Also that's not *strictly* accurate, things like hunting sight (?) that lower accuracy while moving do absolutely nothing to heavy weapons and really dont have a downside at all

Purchased guns fall two ways- 1) an open three slotted gun. 2) a COSMETICALLY different gun with a Mod in it, and sometimes with slight properties changes. They are a great way to get a leg up BUT as you unlock guns... you can make better weapons with mod combos. The pay system allows you to circumvent grind.

No equivalent stuff - The scout sniper gun you cannot make, but it take way less damage than a normal hvr. The whisper is the only silenced weapon out there. But a simple OCA with RS and cooling jacket will beat it in an even fight. The stealth element is a son of a bitch. But stuff like the Scoped ntec is just a HS3 mod. You can add two more to a gun you unlock. Point is, most are just modded guns. same as you can make in game.

Myself this week I rented the 3 slot joker to help me unlock the in game version. After re-upping my premium I had enough to rent the HS3 ACCT44. its as though they designed the system this way. :p But its fun to try things and the amount of money is smallish enough to taste test things for 30 days.

And to rent one is to support the game and test out mod/weap combos you have yet to unlock. So why not do it?

The heavy guns + HS3 : Thats a pretty specific case, but pretty true. Some mods are better for some guns no doubt. But you can run across golds with everything unslotted. That don't hack, even.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
    edited June 2011
    So Apb = hacking right?

Weeeeeeelllll the hack community is having some problems recently. Here are some choice nuggets from one of the pay for hack sites that has a public forum, kinda jumbled but you get the idea.

Prepare yourself...... for stupidity :D
    "Done getting banned
    Hey guys I really think you are doing a great job on this hack but unfortunately I'm getting tired of getting banned even on dump accounts (yea yea I know getting banned is a part of hacking). But as advertised it should be undetectable, I know your doing everything you can to not get us banned but apparently punkbuster is always one step ahead at the moment.

So for now I'll stop using the hack and I hope there will be a time it is really undetectable.

That leads me to my question will there ever come a time were we can hack without consequences?"

"i got this hack last night and been having lots of fun. im doodoo at fps so need to hack only to find out im still doodoo, so no chance of getting caught. when i tried to log in today i got an error message saying my account has been blocked error code 10008. is that a ban? "

"While I understand Net is trying his best to fix the hack yet again, the 6-7th time since I purchased it, I have lost one lvl 129 premium account and now have not been able to use the hack I paid for for several days.

Now this hack was advertised as punk buster proof, it might of been but since I and several others lost accounts, I would say that changed. So I only think it's fair to refund the our purchase or give a free month. "

"Hack is AGAIN detected, this time it was 2 days.....

Cmon guys, plz make something that last longer then 2-3 days?

SO, net, get hack offline, its detected again.

2 dump accounts banned tonight.

Net, can u take some more time to make it better undetected?
    Rather then bring it back online in a second?

Just checked it double, if it was not a delayed ban.

02:15: made new account, logged in with hack
    did 1 mission, logged out, logged in, result = BANNED

02:30: made new account, logged in without hack
    did 1 mission, logged out, logged in, result = NOT BANNED

So again, the hack is detected for SURE. "

"Looks like they caught on to me quick lol.

account banned as of this morning, Error 10008 Account Blocked at G1. I attempted radar and aimbot last night only, and just ran around delivering trucks and doing ram raids, didnt even group or shoot anyone, ive also knowingly never been called out in game chat or in tells or ever been reported, that i know of. I pretty much keep to myself in APB and i dont chat much....so ya, i played with the multihack on after the newest (2nd) patch yesterday, just to see. ah well, live and let learn ill get back on some other time. no rage here. lol "

The issue seems to be that this is on the page for the APB hack:
    ->Our APB Hack has never been detected
    Which obviously isn't true. People are buying it because it says that and it's a lie.

Welcome to Marketing 101. I bet you think that's beef you're eating at McDonalds, too.

It's one thing to be pissed because you were caught in a sweep, and it's another to be intolerant to the reality.

Anyhow, I think krux's point was that you have an expectation for something that is utterly unrealistic. Perhaps when they created the website the statement was true, or perhaps it wasn't even true then. Regardless, you've fallen victim to good marketing.

Whether it's unethical or immoral is another debate entirely, and one not suited for a website that specializes in cheating against honest, legitimate players. You're the pot calling the kettle black.

Full details here... fun read.

http://forums.gamersfirst.com/index.php?showtopic=178862&st=0

mojojoeo on
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Why does that make me feel very, very happy?

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Wait....people BUY hacks? For MONEY???

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    edited June 2011
    Klyka wrote: »

Hacks are pretty serious business now. The makers push updates and shit like that. It's a license to take money from fools =)

In general I feel like there's much less pure bullshit this time around. RTW APB was atrocious.

Rius on
    edited June 2011
    Also its worse than that.

Some of them paid for tha hacks.... AND were premium members @ APB.

Paid to be banned. Lol.

mojojoeo on
  • kafzielkafziel Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

APB's current business model is based around people spending money to have a leg-up in a competitive online shooter.

kafziel on
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    kafziel wrote: »

APB's current business model is based around people spending money to have a leg-up in a competitive online shooter.

This is true. The difference between buying a cash shop gun and buying an aimbot is where the money goes.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
    edited June 2011
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    kafziel wrote: »

This is true. The difference between buying a cash shop gun and buying an aimbot is where the money goes.

It is a free game they have to monetize something. the cash guns are not superior to available in game ones, you can pay to circumvent grind and use a modded gun quicker.

To compare it to an aim bot is damn silly.

mojojoeo on
    edited June 2011
    Many of them aren't available ingame at all or not until extremely high ranks. The prices are ridiculous too and make me think Gamersfirst really needs to hire a competent business manager. $50 for a weapon is just a joke, and the car parts for the vegas are what? $15?

They should take a page from their successful F2P competitors, selling lemonade for $100 a glass so that way you only have to sell one of them isn't a very good long term business plan; "Do I want to buy a rifle or do I want to buy Battlefield 3 which I will be able to play forever" should not be a question that bears asking. When I play STO and look in the uniform shop and see something neat for like $3 it piques my interest. When I see $15 for spoilers and shit for a car I just kind of shake my head.

I think my main problem though is their focus on paid items to gain an edge over players in combat instead of clothing items/primitives/rename tokens/etc/etc.

override367 on
  • acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    ... you can get like, an NTEC Nol in the first 5 hours of gameplay, buy hunting sight 3 off market and voila you have the scoped ntec from armas. The Scout we've been over countless times, it's not at all better than the HVR, the $50 perms are just 3 slot versions of guns you can get pretty early. Weapon mods hardly have that much of an effect on fighting, if you're losing to a person who has the empty slotted versions of the gun you have they probably have CA3 and HL3 which is what's making the real difference. I agree their pricing is absolutely retarded.

Also, there's a reason you'll see people with R>100 still using the default STAR, it's that good. I don't buy the "their focus on paid items to gain competitive edge" argument.

Also, generally the pre-made modded weapons you can get pretty quickly providing you stick to particular contact trees.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
    edited June 2011
    Many of them aren't available ingame at all or not until extremely high ranks. The prices are ridiculous too and make me think Gamersfirst really needs to hire a competent business manager. $50 for a weapon is just a joke, and the car parts for the vegas are what? $15?

They should take a page from their successful F2P competitors, selling lemonade for $100 a glass so that way you only have to sell one of them isn't a very good long term business plan; "Do I want to buy a rifle or do I want to buy Battlefield 3 which I will be able to play forever" should not be a question that bears asking. When I play STO and look in the uniform shop and see something neat for like $3 it piques my interest. When I see $15 for spoilers and shit for a car I just kind of shake my head.

I think my main problem though is their focus on paid items to gain an edge over players in combat instead of clothing items/primitives/rename tokens/etc/etc.

1stly. Hire a competent business manager? they bought a game that had between 50-75 million dollars in dev and marketing dumped into it for the low price of 1.5 million. They will not make wow money off of that but they will make money on this easy. @ peak they stated 24,000 people on at once (6days after beta, it is even more now) which (as of 2007 numbers, eve doesn't release them often) is getting close to Eve's 34000 people on at peak. APB Reloaded is more than the mild success they wanted it to be.

2nd They are making tons of money on the 50$ joker; it was the top selling item the first week it was out. People are paying the prices they are listing. Stupid to you (and me), is profitable to them. And if you are going to dump a few months into apb, 50$ makes sense to some.

And I agree the prices seem high, but if you watch they have quietly and slowly adjusted the low sellers down. Spoilers were 20-25 for a bit. No one bought them.

And again to echo Acid. THERE is NOT an EDGE FROM THE CASH SHOP GUNS. Grind just a tiny little and you will have a better gun. PERIOD/EXCLAMATION!

mojojoeo on
  • acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    ugh the $50 joker was best seller? I was hoping people would be sensible and not buy it so that G1 would drop the price on perms down. Hell, at $25 I think they'd still be too much. But now, G1 has shown that they can get away with charging $50 for perms there's no reason to not sell future perms for less than $50.

Also, I'm wondering if G1 has started making a profit here already on it? It wouldn't surprise me if they have.

acidlacedpenguin on
    edited June 2011
    ugh the $50 joker was best seller? I was hoping people would be sensible and not buy it so that G1 would drop the price on perms down. Hell, at $25 I think they'd still be too much. But now, G1 has shown that they can get away with charging $50 for perms there's no reason to not sell future perms for less than $50.

Also, I'm wondering if G1 has started making a profit here already on it? It wouldn't surprise me if they have.

At least on week one.

50 is too much, but the 30 day rentals seem about ok, and in a month of play you should be able to unlock the in game 3 slot.

mojojoeo on
    edited June 2011

1stly. Hire a competent business manager? they bought a game that had between 50-75 million dollars in dev and marketing dumped into it for the low price of 1.5 million. They will not make wow money off of that but they will make money on this easy. @ peak they stated 24,000 people on at once (6days after beta, it is even more now) which (as of 2007 numbers, eve doesn't release them often) is getting close to Eve's 34000 people on at peak. APB Reloaded is more than the mild success they wanted it to be.

2nd They are making tons of money on the 50$ joker; it was the top selling item the first week it was out. People are paying the prices they are listing. Stupid to you (and me), is profitable to them. And if you are going to dump a few months into apb, 50$ makes sense to some.

And I agree the prices seem high, but if you watch they have quietly and slowly adjusted the low sellers down. Spoilers were 20-25 for a bit. No one bought them.

And again to echo Acid. THERE is NOT an EDGE FROM THE CASH SHOP GUNS. Grind just a tiny little and you will have a better gun. PERIOD/EXCLAMATION!

Okay, where do I get the HVR that I can run with that has no downsides whatsoever?

Seriously do all the mental gymnastics you want, what they are doing is selling a direct combat advantage to people over other players. Something that has been verboten in online gaming pretty much all of the time, but this is literally the only case where I've seen not only defend it but enthusiastically defend it

override367 on
    edited June 2011
    The downside is it does less damage.

Is it still worth it? Sure. Does it have the same weaknesses that the regular HVR has? Mostly. People can run with it and lean out of cars with it (?) but if you get close you can still take them easily.

Rius on
    edited June 2011
    Rius wrote: »

Is it still worth it? Sure. Does it have the same weaknesses that the regular HVR has? Mostly. People can run with it and lean out of cars with it (?) but if you get close you can still take them easily.

What he said. You cannot double tap (the old pistol spray/swap to hvr ->dead) the scout sniper. And the time to kill is slower than an HVR. In close its even more worthless than an HVR as you have to hit multiple times.

Override367 you are being fooled into thinking it is what you are saying. Pay 2 win is wrong. Thats not what this is.

The weapons are not better than what is in the game: They are different slightly in cosmetics and properties also being available faster than progression at a cost. Top end 'in game' weapons are better.

mojojoeo on
  • fsmith1fsmith1 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Man... this character restoration thing takes way too long. My original log in credentials didn't work so I sent a ticket to support, after a few days the ticket was closed saying that my inquiry had been sent to the proper people. Still nothing :/.

fsmith1 on
    edited June 2011
    fsmith1 wrote: »
    Man... this character restoration thing takes way too long. My original log in credentials didn't work so I sent a ticket to support, after a few days the ticket was closed saying that my inquiry had been sent to the proper people. Still nothing :/.

I gave up.... You dont keep any weapons or skills or mods.... just your symbols and clothes.

Some of which you cannot reattain. So its a tough call.

mojojoeo on
  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    It still rings true that this game blows when solo and you get thrown into public groups, but when you find a clan or have a known crew to roll with, it gets to be real fun real quick.

Lucky Cynic on
    edited June 2011

What he said. You cannot double tap (the old pistol spray/swap to hvr ->dead) the scout sniper. And the time to kill is slower than an HVR. In close its even more worthless than an HVR as you have to hit multiple times.

Override367 you are being fooled into thinking it is what you are saying. Pay 2 win is wrong. Thats not what this is.

The weapons are not better than what is in the game: They are different slightly in cosmetics and properties also being available faster than progression at a cost. Top end 'in game' weapons are better.

Well you keep justifying it, all I'm telling you is this game is a goddamn anathema to new people because selling top end arena epics just means that nobody is going to start arenaing unless they're willing to buy them

I have never seen my circle of friends so quickly turned off to a game because the very concept of selling gear for real money in an MMO is so abhorrent, and it's a really huge shame because I enjoy it. Doubly pisses me off because I have lots of disposable income for random online bullshit and I want to buy clothes and car parts and cool stuff like that - but nope. I can rent an N-tec that can't be equaled without a week of straight grinding with real cash. Exactly the wrong focus, going for the low hanging fruit of selling easy wins to entry level players.

Oh and there's very few to no resources to explain how to get what, what does what, and the ins and outs of mods. Combine this with a community that makes /b/ look positively helpful and good natured and it compounds the issues. I'm sure Gamersfirst will make plenty of cash off this game because it'd be hard not to with the sweet deal they got, but this could have been great and instead it's going to end up being an insular little enclave of max R people running around knocking each other off the road with dump trucks and nobody else.

override367 on
  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    First off, all of my weapons are non modded and I am at that level where not only am I competing with people with modded/paid weapons, but actual teams that have very high end equipment at very low ranks.

It really is skill based. Some of the abilities sure help, but many of them have side effects, like faster reloading- less magazine capacity. Even better, some of the abilities are well, crap. 3% faster equip time, the fuck is that?

Lucky Cynic on
  • reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I'm really enjoying this game so far (10-ish hours played last night). It's pretty much non-stop multiplayer action in a fun setting. The only bad part is getting blown to pieces by people with significantly better guns than what I have access to, but I tend to get blown apart in shooters anyway.

Best zero bucks I ever spent.

reVerse on
    edited June 2011

Well you keep justifying it, all I'm telling you is this game is a goddamn anathema to new people because selling top end arena epics just means that nobody is going to start arenaing unless they're willing to buy them

I have never seen my circle of friends so quickly turned off to a game because the very concept of selling gear for real money in an MMO is so abhorrent, and it's a really huge shame because I enjoy it. Doubly pisses me off because I have lots of disposable income for random online bullshit and I want to buy clothes and car parts and cool stuff like that - but nope. I can rent an N-tec that can't be equaled without a week of straight grinding with real cash. Exactly the wrong focus, going for the low hanging fruit of selling easy wins to entry level players.

Oh and there's very few to no resources to explain how to get what, what does what, and the ins and outs of mods. Combine this with a community that makes /b/ look positively helpful and good natured and it compounds the issues. I'm sure Gamersfirst will make plenty of cash off this game because it'd be hard not to with the sweet deal they got, but this could have been great and instead it's going to end up being an insular little enclave of max R people running around knocking each other off the road with dump trucks and nobody else.

there have been plenty of people independently corroborating our assertion that rival weapons can be had without a week straight of grinding.

see if you can actually access this as far as a guide goes, if it's a register only thing let me know and I'll ask that OP if I can copy it here.

complete APB:R bible

acidlacedpenguin on
    edited June 2011
    Yea that's register only, there's little to no information on how to unlock things in this game beyond contacts who you already have and are aware of, much of what is online is for old APB, and asking ingame is like asking for advice in /b/

Anyway I bought the OCA-Whisper and my winrate has skyrocketed (in close quarters, it's always been ridiculously high at distance because im pretty good with the Obeya), it's definitely superior to the base SMG. I don't really use it much because it just feels dirty just rolling over people of roughly equal skill because I have better gear than them.

Game is so much fun if you can get some people on vent, an order of magnitude better than solo. I am a bit annoyed the store charged me $45 for $15 worth of purchases though, waiting on their support but I'm sure it'll be resolved

override367 on
    edited June 2011
    well guide is only 35k words too long to post here :(

here's the progression tree:
    contact%20trees.png

and wonderwall of words showing unlock progressions
    CODE
    Prentiss Tigers / G-Kings

Progression 1

Tier 0

2: Stabba - CCG (Enforcer Only)
    2: Colby PMG 28
    4: JG-840
    5: Obeya FBW
    5: Stabba - PIG (Enforcer Only)
    6: N-HVR 762
    8: Obeya CR762
    9: SHAW 556
    10: N-TEC 5

Tier 1

2: Colby PMG 28: "TROJAN X-I" (Extended Magazine 1)
    3: Field Supplier
    3: Character Upgrade Slot
    3: Clotting Agent I
    3: Happy Landings 1
    4: JG-841 "Firecracker" (3-Point Sling 1)
    5: N-FA 9
    6: N-HVR 762a "Akula" (3-Point Sling 1)
    8: Obeya CR762.1 "Artic Blaze" (Improved Rifling 1)
    9: SHAW 556 I "Badger" (Heavy Barrel 1)
    10: N-TEC 5a "Kasatka" (Bandolier 1)

Tier 2

2: Colby PMG 28: "TROJAN X-II" (Extended Magazine 2, Improved Rifling 1)
    3: Clotting Agent II
    3: Happy Landings 2
    4: JG-842 "Firecracker EX" (3-Point Sling 2, Magazine Pull 1)
    5: Colby RSA
    6: N-HVR 762b "Akula V2" (3-Point Sling 2, Improved Rifling 1)
    8: Obeya CR762.2 "Artic Blaze MK-II" (Improved Rifling 2, Magazine Pull 1)
    9: SHAW 556 II "Wolf" (Heavy Barrel 2, 3-Point Sling 1)
    10: N-TEC 5b "Kasatka V2" (Bandolier 2, Improved Rifling 1)

Tier 3

2: Colby PMG 28: "TROJAN X-III" (Extended Magazine 3, Improved Rifling 2, Reflex Sight 1)
    3: Clotting Agent III
    3: Happy Landings 3
    4: JG-842 "Firecracker EX-2" (3-Point Sling 3, Magazine Pull 2, Cooling Jacket 1)
    6: N-HVR 762c "Akula V3" (3-Point Sling 3, Improved Rifling 2, Magazine Pull 1)
    8: Obeya CR762.3 "Artic Blaze MK-III" (Improved Rifling 3, Magazine Pull 2, 3-Point Sling 1)
    9: SHAW 556 III "Lion" (Heavy Barrel 3, 3-Point Sling 2, Reflex Sight 1)
    10: N-TEC 5c "Kasatka V3" (Bandolier 3, Improved Rifling 2, Reflex Sight 1)

Progression 2

Tier 0

2: Balkan Varzuga
    4: Balkan Ravan
    6: Dolton Broadwing
    8: Packer Ceresco
    10: Patriot T-25

Tier 1

6: Sungnyemun Moirai
    10: Nulander Kurai

Mirri Kent
    3: Veo "Colt" (Fireproofing 1)
    8: Broadwing "Patrol" (Fireproofing 1)

Chiro
    3: Ravan "Funbox" (Mobile Supply Unit)
    9: Varzuga "Nitro" (Armoured Engine 1)

Tier 2

2: Mobile Supply Unit
    3: Varzuga (1 slot)
    4: Explosives 1
    5: Ravan (1 slot)
    6: Armoured Engine 1
    7: Broadwing (1 slot)
    7: Moirai (1 slot)
    8: Ceresco (1 slot)
    8: Kurai (1 slot)
    9: T-25 (1 slot)
    10: Chassis Strengthening 1
    10: Nitro Booster 1

Akiko X
    4: Moirai "Trooper" (Fireproofing 2, Chassis Strengthening 1)
    4: Nulander Pioneer
    5: Montane "Wide Receiver" (Armoured Engine 2, Explosives 1)
    6: Ceresco "Quarterback" (Mobile Supply Unit, Steel Plating 1)
    7: Cisco "Saber" (Armoured Engine 2, Explosives 1)
    8: T-25 "Lawgiver" (Fast-Fix Chassis 2, Ramming Plate 1)
    10: Patriot V20 Jericho

Javez
    2: Ceresco "Monster" (Mobile Supply Unit, Steel Plating 1)
    3: Broadwing "Gecko" (Fireproofing 2, Chassis Strengthening 1)
    4: Moirai "Bandera" (Fireproofing 2, Chassis Strengthening 1)
    4: Seiyo Espacio
    5: T-25 "Rampage" (Fast-Fix Chassis 2, Ramming Plate 1)
    6: Fresno "Red Dragon" (Mobile Supply Unit, Steel Plating 1)
    9: Vegas "Belladonna" (Fast-Fix Chassis 2, Ramming Plate 1)
    10: Bishada Rapier

Tier 3

3: Varzuga (2 slot)
    4: Explosives 2
    5: Ravan (2 slot)
    6: Armoured Engine 2
    7: Broadwing (2 slot)
    7: Moirai (2 slot)
    8: Ceresco (2 slot)
    8: Kurai (2 slot)
    9: T-25 (2 slot)
    10: Chassis Strengthening 2
    10: Nitro Booster 2

Byeong Lee
    2: Vaquero "Prowler" (Chassis Strengthening 3, Armoured Engine 2, Steel Plating 2)
    3: Sentinel "Bronco" (Mobile Supply Unit, Steel Plating 2, Fast-Fix Chassis 2)
    4: Broadwing "City Chief" (Fireproofing 3, Chassis Strengthening 2, Fast-Fix Chassis 2)
    4: Pioneer (1 slot)
    6: Pioneer "Big Cat" (Mobile Supply Unit, Steel Plating, Fast-Fix Chassis 2)
    7: Fresno "Halcyon" (Mobile Supply Unit, Steel Plating 2, Fast-Fix Chassis 2)
    8: Vegas "T Force" (Fast-Fix Chassis 3, Ramming Plate 2, Armoured Engine 2)
    9: Jericho "Seahawk" (Steel Plating 3, Fast-Fix Chassis 2, Chassis Strengthening 2)
    10: Jericho (1 slot)

Grayson Fell
    2: Moirai "Varial" (Fireproofing 3, Chassis Strengthening 2, Steel Plating 2)
    3: Kurai "Grinder" (Mobile Supply Unit, Steel Plating 2, Fast-Fix Chassis 2)
    4: Sentinel "Helipop" (Mobile Supply Unit, Steel Plating 2, Fast-Fix Chassis 2)
    4: Espacio (1 slot)
    5: Montane "Demon King" (Armoured Engine 3, Explosives 2, Fireproofing 2)
    6: Cisco "Stinger" (Armoured Engine 3, Explosives 2, Fireproofing 2)
    7: Cisco "Freestyle" (Armoured Engine 3, Explosives 2, Fireproofing 2)
    8: Espacio "Gila" (Mobile Supply Unit, Steel Plating 2, Fast-Fix Chassis 2)
    9: Bishada Rapier "Funked" (Steel Plating 3, Fast-Fix Chassis 2, Chassis Strengthening 2)
    10: Rapier (1 slot)

Boss

Tier 4

2: Moirai (3 slot)
    3: Colby PMG 28: "TROJAN X-IV" (Extended Magazine 3, Improved Rifling 3, Reflex Sight 2)
    3: Varzuga (3 slot)
    5: Explosives 3
    5: Ravan (3 slot)
    6: OSMAW
    8: Armoured Engine 3
    8: JG-844 "Firecracker EX-III" (3-Point Sling 3, Magazine Pull 3, Cooling Jacket 2)
    8: Broadwing (3 slot)
    9: Kurai (3 slot)
    10: Chassis Strengthening 3
    10: Obeya CR762.4 "Artic Blaze Mk-IV" (Improved Rifling 3, Magazine Pull 3, 3-Point Sling 2)
    10: Ceresco (3 slot)
    12: N-HVR 762d "Akula V4" (3-Point Sling 3, Improved Rifling 3, Magazine Pull 2)
    12: T-25 (3 slot)
    13: SHAW 556 IV "Bear" (Heavy Barrel 3, 3-Point Sling 3, Reflex Sight 2)
    15: Nitro Booster 3
    15: N-TEC 5d "Kasatka V4" (Bandolier 3, Improved Rifling 3, Reflex Sight 2)

Orlenz' Moretti
    4: Moirai "Monarch" (Fireproofing 3, Chassis Strengthening 3, Steel Plating 2, Fast-Fix Chassis 2)
    6: Pioneer (2 slot)
    7: Cisco "Panther" (Armoured Engine 3, Explosives 3, Fireproofing 2, Steel Plating 2)
    9: Kurai "All Star" (Mobile Supply Unit, Steel Plating 3, Fast-Fix Chassis 2, Nitro Booster 2)
    11: Jericho "Partisan" (Steel Plating 3, Fast-Fix Chassis 3, Chassis Strengthening 2, Mobile Supply Unit)
    15: Jericho (2 slot)

Arlon Benjamin
    4: Fresno "Hot Lizard" (Mobile Supply Unit, Steel Plating 3, Fast-Fix Chassis 2, Nitro Booster 2)
    6: Espacio (2 slot)
    7: Vegas "Red King" (Fast-Fix Chassis 3, Ramming Plate 3, Armoured Engine 2, Extra Cargo Capacity 2)
    9: Mikro "Revolt" (Chassis Strengthening 3, Armoured Engine 3, Steel Plating 2, Mobile Supply Unit)
    11: Rapier "Hazard TT" (Steel Plating 3, Fast-Fix Chassis 3, Chassis Strengthening 2, Mobile Supply Unit)
    15: Rapier (2 slot)

Praetorians / Blood Roses

Progression 1

Tier 0

2: OCA-EW 626
    4: NFAS-12
    5: Joker RFP-9
    5: Stabba - TG8 (Enforcer Only)
    6: Agrotech DMR-SD
    8: OBIR
    9: ALIG 762
    10: Joker SR15 Carbine

Tier 1

2: OCA-EW 626.1 "Sidewinder" (Magazine Pull 1)
    3: Field Supplier
    3: Character Upgrade Slot
    3: Kevlar Implants 1
    4: NFAS-12a "Red Star" (Magazine Pull 1)
    5: S-AS PDW
    6: DMR-SD I "Assassin 5Zero R1" (3-Point Sling 1)
    7: STAR 556 I "Army Ant" (Extended Magazine 1)
    8: OBIR.1 "Desert Storm" (Extended Magazine 1)
    9: ALIG 762 "Commando 76Two R1" (Heavy Barrel 1)
    10: Joker SR15 Carbine (Reflex Sight 1)

Tier 2

2: OCA-EW 626.2 "Silverado" (Magazine Pull 2, Cooling Jacket 1)
    3: Kevlar Implants 2
    4: NFAS-12b "Red Star V2" (Magazine Pull 2, 3-Point Sling 1)
    5: ACT 44
    6: DMR-SD II "Assassin 5Zero R2" (3-Point Sling 2, Improved Rifling 1)
    7: STAR 556 II "Mantis" (Extended Magazine 2, Hunting Sight 1)
    8: OBIR.2 "Desert Storm MK-II" (Extended Magazine 2, Improved Rifling 1)
    9: ALIG 762 "Commando 76Two R2" (Heavy Barrel 2, 3-Point Sling 1)
    10: Joker SR15 Carbine (Reflex Sight 2, 3-Point Sling 1)

Tier 3

2: OCA-EW 626.3 "Red Dawn" (Magazine Pull 3, Cooling Jacket 2, Reflex Sight 1)
    3: Kevlar Implants 3
    4: NFAS-12c "Red Star V3" (Magazine Pull 3, 3-Point Sling 2, Cooling Jacket 1)
    6: DMR-SD III "Assassin 5Zero R3" (3-Point Sling 3, Improved Rifling 2, Extended Magazine 1)
    7: STAR 556 III "Spider" (Extended Magazine 3, Hunting Sight 2, 3-Point Sling 1)
    8: OBIR.3 "Desert Storm MK-III" (Extended Magazine 3, Improved Rifling 2, Hunting Sight 1)
    9: ALIG 762 "Commando 76Two R3" (Heavy Barrel 3, 3-Point Sling 2, Reflex Sight 1)
    10: Joker SR15 Carbine (Reflex Sight 3, 3-Point Sling 2, Magazine Pull 1)

Progression 2

Tier 0

6: Han Veo
    8: Charge Sentinel
    10: Dolton Montane

Tier 1

6: Dolton Fresno
    10: Charge Cisco

Sabbat
    3: Ravan "Spartan" (Mobile Supply Unit)
    9: Fresno "Retrocop" (Mobile Supply Unit)

Suji
    3: Veo "Tsumi" (Fireproofing 1)
    8: Cosenza "Changeling" (Mobile Supply Unit)

Tier 2

2: Fireproofing 1
    3: Calabria (1 slot)
    4: Fast-Fix Chassis 1
    5: Cosenza (1 slot)
    6: Extra Cargo Capacity 1
    7: Veo (1 slot)
    7: Fresno (1 slot)
    8: Ramming Plate 1
    8: Sentinel (1 slot)
    8: Cisco (1 slot)
    9: Montane (1 slot)
    10: Steel Plating 1
    10: Patriot vegas

Saul Linklater
    2: Broadwing "Citadel" (Fireproofing 2, Chassis Strengthening 1)
    4: T-25 "True Blue" (Fast-Fix Chassis 2, Ramming Plate 1)
    4: Packer Vaquero
    6: Vegas "Bluemax" (Fast-Fix Chassis 2, Ramming Plate 1)
    7: Pioneer "Code-3" (Mobile Supply Unit, Steel Plating 1)
    9: Jericho "Crusader" (Steel Plating 2, Fast-Fix Chassis 1)

Lilith Bloodrose
    2: Montane "Oni" (Armoured Engine 2, Explosives 1)
    4: Sentinel "Occulta" (Mobile Supply Unit, Steel Plating 1)
    4: Charge Mikro
    5: T-25 "Jumper" (Fast-Fix Chassis 2, Ramming Plate 1)
    6: Mikro "Heretic" (Chassis Strengthening 2, Armoured Engine 1)
    7: Espacio "Splinter" (Mobile Supply Unit, Steel Plating 1)
    9: Kurai "Mazuma" (Mobile Supply Unit, Steel Plating 1)

Tier 3

2: Fireproofing 2
    3: Calabria (2 slot)
    4: Fast-Fix Chassis 2
    5: Cosenza (2 slot)
    6: Extra Cargo Capacity 2
    7: Veo (2 slot)
    7: Fresno (2 slot)
    8: Ramming Plate 2
    8: Sentinel (2 slot)
    8: Cisco (2 slot)
    9: Montane (2 slot)
    10: Steel Plating 2
    10: Vegas (1 slot)

Hea Choi
    2: Montane "Tribus" (Armoured Engine 3, Explosives 2, Fireproofing 2)
    3: Sentinel "Stomper" (Mobile Supply Unit, Steel Plating 2, Fast-Fix Chassis 2)
    4: Ceresco "Dominator" (Mobile Supply Unit, Steel Plating 2, Fast-Fix Chassis 2)
    4: Vaquero (1 slot)
    5: Kurai "Vigilante" (Mobile Supply Unit, Steel Plating 2, Fast-Fix Chassis 2)
    6: Moirai "Lawbringer" (Fireproofing 3, Chassis Strengthening 2, Steel Plating 2)
    7: Vaquero "Reaper" (Chassis Strengthening 3, Armoured Engine 2, Steel Plating 2)
    8: Pioneer "Urban War" (Mobile Supply Unit, Steel Plating 2, Fast-Fix Chassis 2)
    9: Cisco "Gladiator" (Armoured Engine 3, Explosives 2, Fireproofing 2)

Jeung Bloodrose
    2: Mikro "Ronin" (Chassis Strengthening 3, Armoured Engine 2, Steel Plating 2)
    3: Broadwing "Rosewing" (Fireproofing 3, Chassis Strengthening 2, Fast-Fix Chassis 2)
    4: Ceresco "Darksider" (Mobile Supply Unit, Steel Plating 2, Fast-Fix Chassis 2)
    4: Mikro (1 slot)
    5: Kurai "Infernos" (Mobile Supply Unit, Steel Plating 2, Fast-Fix Chassis 2)
    6: Espacio "Koga" (Mobile Supply Unit, Steel Plating 2, Fast-Fix Chassis 2)
    7: Fresno "Fujin" (Mobile Supply Unit, Steel Plating 2, Fast-Fix Chassis 2)
    7: Moirai "Nosferatu" (Fireproofing 3, Chassis Strengthening 2, Steel Plating 2)
    9: Bishada Rapier "Tormentor" (Steel Plating 3, Fast-Fix Chassis 2, Chassis Strengthening 2)

Boss

Tier 4

2: Cisco (3 slot)
    3: OCA-EW 626.4 "Iron Reaper" (Magazine Pull 3, Cooling Jacket 3, Reflex Sight 2)
    3: Calabria (3 slot)
    5: Fast-Fix Chassis 3
    5: Cosenza (3 slot)
    6: O-PGL 79R
    8: Extra Cargo Capacity 3
    8: NFAS-12d "Red Star V4" (Magazine Pull 3, 3-Point Sling 3, Cooling Jacket 2)
    8: Veo (3 slot)
    9: Fresno (3 slot)
    10: Fireproofing 3
    10: OBIR.4 "Desert Storm Mk-IV" (Extended Magazine 3, Improved Rifling 3, Hunting Sight 2)
    10: Sentinel (3 slot)
    12: DMR-SD IV "Assassin 5Zero R4" (3-Point Sling 3, Improved Rifling 3, Extended Magazine 2)
    12: Montane (3 slot)
    13: Ramming Plate 3
    13: ALIG 762 "Commando 76Two R4" (Heavy Barrel 3, 3-Point Sling 3, Reflex Sight 2)
    14: Joker SR15 Carbine (Reflex Sight 3, 3-Point Sling 3, Magazine Pull 2)
    15: Steel Plating 3
    15: STAR 556 IV "Scorpion" (Extended Magazine 3, Hunting Sight 3, 3-Point Sling 2)
    15: Vegas (2 slot)

Justin Teng
    4: Vegas "Predator" (Fast-Fix Chassis 3, Ramming Plate 3, Armoured Engine 2, Extra Cargo Capacity 2)
    6: Vaquero (2 slot)
    7: Fresno "Phoenix" (Mobile Supply Unit, Steel Plating 3, Fast-Fix Chassis 2, Nitro Booster 2)
    9: Kurai "White Knight" (Mobile Supply Unit, Steel Plating 3, Fast-Fix Chassis 2, Nitro Booster 2)
    11: Pioneer "Dominion" (Mobile Supply Unit, Steel Plating 3, Fast-Fix Chassis 2, Nitro Booster 2)
    13: Jericho "Armed Response" (Steel Plating 3, Fast-Fix Chassis 3, Chassis Strengthening 2, Mobile Supply Unit)

Michael Simeone
    4: Vegas "Kumiho" (Fast-Fix Chassis 3, Ramming Plate 3, Armoured Engine 2, Extra Cargo Capacity 2)
    6: Mikro (2 slot)
    7: Cisco "Nightshade" (Armoured Engine 3, Explosives 3, Fireproofing 2, Steel Plating 2)
    9: Mikro "Borgata" (Chassis Strengthening 3, Armoured Engine 3, Steel Plating 2, Mobile Supply Unit)
    11: Espacio "Slayer" (Mobile Supply Unit, Steel Plating 2, Fast-Fix Chassis 2, Nitro Booster 2)

the whole guide is allegedly found on the official forums, which is the weirdest place you could possibly find info regarding the game. . .

acidlacedpenguin on
    edited June 2011
    Thanks for that here (since it's helpful if anyone wants to try this), I already knew pretty much how to get what, but I was articulating why out of my large circle of online friends, I've only managed to get 2 to keep this game even on their hard drive.

The game tells new people that it hates them with a fiery passion and wants them to get out, and that's a problem because I don't want to see it fail again (although the chances of that are next to zero given the deal RTW got). I really, really don't want this to turn into WoW arena after they added point requirements to gear and all the newbies completely stopped PVPing. A broader player base is good for everyone.

override367 on
    edited June 2011
    that sentiment I can totally agree with.

acidlacedpenguin on
    edited June 2011
    Not sure a way around it other than perhaps having more district segregation: eg, it tries to avoid matching people who haven't unlocked a sniper rifle against a whole team of slotted sniper rifles

I really, really hope G1 does something here. I'd really love to get more friends in on this thing, but I can't really blame people in 2011 for not wanting to invest a lot of time in a game that just punches them in the dick over and over for the first few hours.

override367 on
  • Doctor DeimosDoctor Deimos Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I just installed this.

How do I join you mans?

Doctor Deimos on
    edited June 2011
    I should probably join too since im mostly crew-less, on Joker

In other news, I am totally going to hell. I made this last night to sell a few of and make some $$. It is so, so bad.

Spoilered for big
    van1.jpg
    van5.png
    van3.jpg
    van4.png

I should probably stick to saints row related materials

override367 on
  • Pat_McRochPat_McRoch Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    My name is Trir Joker North east server, enforcer side, is there a clan formed up that I can join up in? I just started up but I don't mind switching up if there is a clan i can roll with.

Pat_McRoch on
  • BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Matchmaking is only going to get worse as people progress and the gap widens between veterans and newcomers. Especially when the layperson will look at the way the game is set up and think they have to drop $30/month on premium account and gun rentals to be able to keep up.

My solution would be to segregate district instances into rank ranges. say 1-100, 101-200, 201-300. Right now it's kind of a crap shoot of what you will get when you pick one. Most high rank players are going to cram into the crowded instances, but there are people out there that will troll low-pop instances.

The only problem with segregating by rank is you now have a system that separates friends/clans because not everyone can stay together in the same progression.

Beltaine on
    XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • fsmith1fsmith1 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I finally managed to get my old character (Lucius) migrated over to Joker. I had to change the name so it's now MartinSmith . I'd love to be added to 2 Days whenever you fellas can. Thanks.

fsmith1 on