As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[APB: Reloaded] New name, same game?

• Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    kafziel wrote: »
    That, no. The GamersFirst people definitely stepped up their game there, the game runs way smoother and prettier than it did back in the old beta.

There are a LOT of improvements and tweaks and just general un-shittifying, to the point that it was really mostly just griefers that seemed to be a problem.

I guess I need to download it then!

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So I can't seem to figure out how to hang out the window and shoot people as a passenger.
    It doesn't seem to be in the control list.
    Yet everyone I pick up does it.

How?!

PatboyX on
    "lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • Options
    SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Push any movement button, WASD to hang out of the vehicle window. Push any WASD agian to get back in.

Sonork on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Oh.

PatboyX on
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Is this openly playable to anyone to join?

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Nope

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    BrinkBrink Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hi dudes. I haven't done much more than lurk PA for the last few years, but I do work for GamersFirst nowadays and have politely asked for some keys for PA. If you PM me and ask for one (or maybe two if you have a friend) then I'll send one your way. The key guarantees access when the next round of activations is performed.

And no, I don't know why our registration process is so silly. I hear it's changing soon.

Brink on
    ;)
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2011
    Brink wrote: »
    And no, I don't know why our registration process is so silly. I hear it's changing soon.

If it causes me to go "what the fuck" out loud, then it is rather silly.

Username? Nickname? Can't be the same? What's the difference?

Echo on
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Nah most MMOs have that its so your login details arent your ingame or forum name.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Nah most MMOs have that its so your login details arent your ingame or forum name.

That's true, but that still doesn't mean it isn't bullshit to ask for it when you register!

We have some legacy titles that, while it's awesome they've helped us get this far, have some pretty inane registration requirements that have to be appeased when registering for any game, since accounts work with all our games. And removing it altogether isn't an option either because there's still a ton of people playing (and registering for) those games!

Also I am starting to run low on keys, so if you have any bros that want one you should tell them to PM me soon. I might be able to get more, but the keys I take come out of the "PR/media" pool which are technically supposed to be used for promotional purposes and driving traffic, so they throw a fit when I ask for favors.

Brink on
    ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Haha, I am so stupid.
    I had 2 keys. Used one for me one for my friend. I thought "Ok I got these beta keys, let's play!" Turns out they were only Beta APPLICATION keys! I thought it worked like in the old APB Beta I was in,but apparently not! Man was my friend disappointed :(

I also get an "Install Error" when installing the game. It goes to 100% and then gives me the error.
    I then need to cancel the installer and it deletes all files. Sucks :(

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Klyka wrote: »
    Haha, I am so stupid.
    I had 2 keys. Used one for me one for my friend. I thought "Ok I got these beta keys, let's play!" Turns out they were only Beta APPLICATION keys! I thought it worked like in the old APB Beta I was in,but apparently not! Man was my friend disappointed :(

I also get an "Install Error" when installing the game. It goes to 100% and then gives me the error.
    I then need to cancel the installer and it deletes all files. Sucks :(

Mine just got activated and I signed up today.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    If we have an Enforcer org built ingame, I would appreciate an invite being tossed to: Sed

Ah, San Paro. I missed you...

MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Man, the only server being US west is pretty bad for us Euros :(

It's basically unplayable with the lag

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    BuhamutZeoBuhamutZeo Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The griefing is obnoxious. It just doesn't end. These two assholes in a pick-up drive right into me, spinning me around in my little noob-patrol car. Then they donut around and keep at it. eventually they ram me so hard I flip over as their car crawls over mine and both are laying up against a wall. I crawl out as they try to unstick themselves from the wreck and I look back. Then a dump truck plows into their immobilized truck and they explode.
    :D

BuhamutZeo on
    MyBanner.jpg
    BRAWL: 1160-9686-9416
  • Options
    Morticide83Morticide83 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Did they fix the whole "No locational damage"? Because that was a huge turn off for me. Shooting some guy in the head 4 times with a pistol before he can get one shot off to my chest with a machine gun, but he still kills me.

Morticide83 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Did they fix the whole "No locational damage"? Because that was a huge turn off for me. Shooting some guy in the head 4 times with a pistol before he can get one shot off to my chest with a machine gun, but he still kills me.

The APB team here mentioned to the community that we were going to "fix" the whole no headshot thing early on, and they very loudly reminded by the community that it was a design choice, not an error, and they would very much like to keep it. I can't remember why, as there's something unsettling about using a sniper rifle and just resigning yourself to having to shoot someone 3 or 4 times in the chest rather than trying for a headshot, but there you have it.

Brink on
    ;)
  • Options
    KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Man I woke up with the saddest pain in my body today. I've somehow managed to stave off my unstoppable desire for this game (mostly drowning it in fighters) but the APB itch is proving to be too much. Now I'm actively fussy about still not having a beta key.

Just going to stare at this thread and soak up as much information as I can so it hurts less...

pout

Kinderparty on
  • Options
    ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I have a spare app key.

And I apparently can't use mine, since it just brings me back to the app page when I try to use it.

Archonex on
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

The APB team here mentioned to the community that we were going to "fix" the whole no headshot thing early on, and they very loudly reminded by the community that it was a design choice, not an error, and they would very much like to keep it. I can't remember why, as there's something unsettling about using a sniper rifle and just resigning yourself to having to shoot someone 3 or 4 times in the chest rather than trying for a headshot, but there you have it.

Wait, so it doesn't matter at all where you shoot someone in this game? If that's true, I'll pass on this game. This sort of silliness (along with shooting things that are out of the line of sight and melee attacks landing despite not actually being next to the target) already pisses me off in other MMOs.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    EllthiterenEllthiteren Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The locational damage wasn't really that much of a concern for me when I tried out APB during the first beta. I just had to remind myself not to aim for the head, which wasn't THAT hard of a habit to break. You can have plenty of fun getting into big gun fights/car chases without locational damage.

Ellthiteren on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The reason APB can't have locational damage is because they never managed to get anything even approaching a balanced shooter into their game. If they introduced headshots, it'd be nothing but sniper rifles either longshotting or quick scoping 24/7.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    You could probobly switch places with the first and last two words in the title to describe the game atm. Apparently they have lots of stuff in the works though so we'll have to wait and see.

Sonork on
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    The reason APB can't have locational damage is because they never managed to get anything even approaching a balanced shooter into their game. If they introduced headshots, it'd be nothing but sniper rifles either longshotting or quick scoping 24/7.

So like most shooters then.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I feel like this game could benefit from a TF2 style "Here is where you got killed from" zoom after a death.

PatboyX on
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    PatboyX wrote: »
    I feel like this game could benefit from a TF2 style "Here is where you got killed from" zoom after a death.

It's supposed to have that; it did, at least, when Closed Beta started. That feature might be in the shop right now since it was causing a 1-millisecond frameskip for everyone on the server.

Brink on
    ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I got the game to run really well on my machine.
    I really can't wait to try playing on an EU server. Currently my bullets basically do nothing cause the lag just eats them right up.
    Also, fuck everyone who uses the Obeya.
    EVERY.
    SINGLE.
    ONE.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    PatboyX wrote: »

It's supposed to have that; it did, at least, when Closed Beta started. That feature might be in the shop right now since it was causing a 1-millisecond frameskip for everyone on the server.

Awesome.
    As it is now, I tend to get the red alert that I'm being shot at then die about a second later.

PatboyX on
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm frustrated that I've consistently been a defender of the good stuff in the game and I never got a beta invite because they hate me and my machine must be too typical.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I'm frustrated that I've consistently been a defender of the good stuff in the game and I never got a beta invite because they hate me and my machine must be too typical.

If your strategy of waiting for a beta invite and inventing reasons why you haven't gotten one yet becomes tiresome, you could always make your Plan B sending me a PM and asking for one.

Brink on
    ;)
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

If your strategy of waiting for a beta invite and inventing reasons why you haven't gotten one yet becomes tiresome, you could always make your Plan B sending me a PM and asking for one.

I did and I'm still waiting for my key to get accepted into the beta :(

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    VoroVoro Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

I did and I'm still waiting for my key to get accepted into the beta :(

As did I, but to be fair I procrastinated and missed last Friday's invite wave as a result. I guess some things should be done as soon as possible, but I'm still not convinced.

Voro on
    XBL GamerTag: Comrade Nexus
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Still rolling around. Still craving APB goodness.

I miss my mustang.

Kinderparty on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    The EU servers have been up since WEDNESDAY and I just now noticed! DAMMIT!
    Time to play with an actual latency and be able to shoot people :D

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    HelloweenHelloween Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Klyka wrote: »
    The EU servers have been up since WEDNESDAY and I just now noticed! DAMMIT!
    Time to play with an actual latency and be able to shoot people :D

Game is much better now we can shoot mans, rather than lag at mans.

Not sure how much we're allowed to say, but hot damn am I having fun.

Helloween on
    See all of my Let's Plays Here:
    Youtube Channel!
  • Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So a while back I received an invite to reloaded beta, but since my machine sucked I didn't bother with it and must have accidentally deleted it. Now that I'm getting a new machine, I'm interested again. Is there some login page that I can hopefully try my old login info an hope it works? I can't find anything on the new site.

Simpsonia on
  • Options
    BuraisuBuraisu Psychomancer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    If you hate being griefed, try griefing for an hour; it will turn your frown upside down.

Buraisu on
    47uk6agplx83.png
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Creating an account is pretty bad.

Okay, whats your login?

Alright, and your username?

And your Nikname?

Cool, hope you never have your cache cleared!

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Okay, a bit of an update, I think I've made like 20 Gamer's First logins. One for GF, one for APB and one for the forums- I think.

Anyhow, it seems I cannot login as I guess the system just thinks I created an account and wasn't invited and thus, am locked out of the closed beta. I'm trying to see how the hell I can apply my beta key that I was emailed and there is no way or how to do it.

Seriously, what the hell.

EDIT: Alrighty, bumping into broken links and such in google chrome, I started with my email invitation on my old email, and clicked to enter in the key, dxdiag and all that in Internet Explorer as the "complete" button at the bottom of the page wasn't working. Seems like I wasn't actually accepted. I was invited, but not accepted.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Briiiiiiiiiiiink where's the open betaaaaaaaa?

Kinderparty on