As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Blackbeard

ComahawkComahawk Registered User regular
edited January 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
So, for a history theory course this semester, I need to compare a secondary source with historical fiction. I have found a book regarding pirates that was an interesting read, especially the sections on Blackbeard.

This leads me to part two: I need a historical fiction about Blackbeard, preferably not a kid's book, but in the end I may have to settle on that. I'm asking here, as I figured some people on here might share my fascination with pirates/naval history and have some good recommendations.

Comahawk on

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    How much of the book has to be about the character? He appears in the first book of the Baroque cycle, but only for about a chapter.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    ComahawkComahawk Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    They are suppose to be on the same subject. Basically the paper is to compare a historical novel and historical narrative on the same topic of our choice. I chose a historical narrative that is a general overview of piracy during the golden age and I'm hoping to focus on Blackbeard, him being the most interesting in my opinion.

That said, any suggestions are valid, I will have to clarify that with my prof., and may even ask if I can use other forms of media for this paper.

Comahawk on
  • Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It's not exactly 100% historical (magic, etc.) but Tim Powers' On Stranger Tides has Blackbeard as one of the antagonists.

Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg