As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

2nd Annual D&D PaxEast Dinner (UPDATE: SO MANY PHOTOS!)

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Is it okay if I wear my smoking jacket instead of my fucking jacket?

I think it's classier.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited February 2011

I think it's classier.

well

you can always buy cigarettes in boston, so i guess it's more appropriate

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    If I can go to PAX, I will get a suit and RSVP to dinner. Really hope to be able to make it :)

TL DR on
  • Options
    Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I am attending fo sho. Maybe the lady too, need to confirm that.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

I think it's classier.

"Well, I have my fucking jacket, and my smoking jacket. I guess I'm not gonna fuck at the restaurant, soooooo..."

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    There is a super 8 within 9 miles from the convention center for 45 a night. True story.

I will possibly attending with 3 other people. Frankly it depends on what is happenig at PAX at 7:30.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited February 2011
    getting into the city from 9 miles away can be a trial

i guess i'd recommend looking into parking at the outer metro stops or the commuter rail

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Irond Will wrote: »

i guess i'd recommend looking into parking at the outer metro stops or the commuter rail

Fair, but I'm having my wife drop me off Friday and Saturday. She is going to be sightseeing Salem those days. It works.

JamesKeenan on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Fair, but I'm having my wife drop me off Friday and Saturday. She is going to be sightseeing Salem those days. It works.

o god salem is kind of a dump

hope she really likes witch tours

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

I think it's classier.

"Well, I have my fucking jacket, and my smoking jacket. I guess I'm not gonna fuck at the restaurant, soooooo..."

You're not going to smoking there either.

Just as a heads up for everyone... you can't smoke in any restaurants, bars, hotel rooms or basically any public building in Boston. If you're a smoker, you're going to have to go outside, and usually a proscribed distance from the entry ways

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I would like to RSVP for myself and my husband, should it not be to late to do so. My husband's name is Wayne. I shall take him early from the basement and hose him off prior to make him presentable. No worries about his behaviour. Just please, no direct eye contact as he is likely to pound his chest and rush you. Thank you.

Menolly07 on
    Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

o god salem is kind of a dump

hope she really likes witch tours

It has some cool bits

So It Goes on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Menolly07 wrote: »
    I would like to RSVP for myself and my husband, should it not be to late to do so. My husband's name is Wayne. I shall take him early from the basement and hose him off prior to make him presentable. No worries about his behaviour. Just please, no direct eye contact as he is likely to pound his chest and rush you. Thank you.

wonderful! we look forward to your presence and will warn people seated near your husband to avoid sudden movements.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    Hey, any PAX Easters have room for two people?

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    well

i've been googling a whole bunch

the hampton inn that will linked in cambridge is at a reasonable $150 per night- and that's after all taxes and fees. this is thirty five minutes of walking and ten minutes on the T

the closest hotel that's in reasonable 'walking' distance (less than half an hour) with accomodations- the intercontinental boston, right over the fort point channel- is like $215 a night before taxes

Organichu on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah but if you stay two nights with a roommate, it's only $215.

And that $215 is after taxes and fees, since that's where I booked.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Organichu wrote: »
    well

the hampton inn that will linked in cambridge is at a reasonable $150 per night- and that's after all taxes and fees. this is thirty five minutes of walking and ten minutes on the T

the closest hotel that's in reasonable 'walking' distance (less than half an hour) with accomodations- the intercontinental boston, right over the fort point channel- is like $215 a night before taxes

i'd be surprised if it's 35 minutes of walking. the lechmere T is literally across the street.

the problem with east cambridge is that it puts you on the green line, which means to get to the convention it's green line to red line to silver line, and also that the lechmere green line doesn't run all that frequently.

if the weather's nice, it's probably a good hour walk east cambridge to the boston convention center.

i guess google maps either doesn't know about the silver line or doesn't trust it. it's not an especially long walk from south station to the convention center i guess.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    intercontinental boston huh? that didn't come up in my search last night. interesting.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    well

i'd be surprised if it's 35 minutes of walking. the lechmere T is literally across the street.

the problem with east cambridge is that it puts you on the green line, which means to get to the convention it's green line to red line to silver line, and also that the lechmere green line doesn't run all that frequently.

if the weather's nice, it's probably a good hour walk east cambridge to the boston convention center.

i guess google maps either doesn't know about the silver line or doesn't trust it. it's not an especially long walk from south station to the convention center i guess.

google maps has lied to me for the last time

*takes off belt*

Organichu on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I can't tell if google maps is about to get a whippin' or a screwin'.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Can't it be both?

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

I'm pretty much planning on walking from south station unless the weather is still pretty shitty

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ok, I'm probably going.

If someone wants to link me a fashion thread post about picking out a suit or something, that would be cool.

TL DR on
  • Options
    Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ok, I'm probably going.

If someone wants to link me a fashion thread post about picking out a suit or something, that would be cool.

Personally, my fashion sense is pretty right on I'm told.. I think that this style of suit is basically a good general use suit. It's suitable for any occasion and really compliments nearly any body type. Men's Best

If that doesn't work out for you, may I suggest Discerning Gentlemen.

Menolly07 on
    Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    wait

we are doing karaoke again, right

because i want to serenade VH

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    wait

yeah maybe we could do karaoke again on saturday night if people are amenable

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    wait

yeah maybe we could do karaoke again on saturday night if people are amenable

rape culture

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'd like to karaoke

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    it might be good to make a post about bringing small bills to dinner since they won't split the check

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    well i made the reservation officially today

it turns out that PAX is taking place during Boston Restaurant Week

this is good and bad, potentially.

the good side is that they will offer a special fancy prix fixe menu with choices of 2 or 3 courses at a lower price than they would normally charge.

the down sides are as follows:

1) they may or may not offer their full menu.
    2) the prix fixe dinner will probably be $30 or so
    3) most importantly, they are going to be real hard-asses about reservations. like, if i say that 29 people are coming and five people flake out, they are going to charge me for the five dinners that were not consumed.

so i am definitely going to need to get solid confirmation from you guys

also, since this is boston restaurant week, any restaurant we try to eat at are going to have these sorts of rules.

anyways, the woman is sending me the menu and i'll post it when i get more information

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    i'm sure the olive garden won't give us any guff

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    i don't even know where an olive garden is around this city

probably in like burlington

edit: ha; off the highway in roxbury

bon appetit!

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    What the fuck is "prix fixe"?

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Wait, so is it too late to sign up for this? I'm planning on attending PAX but may have others in tow.

edit: @Justin - http://lmgtfy.com/?q=prix+fixe

Bama on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Oh shit yes, I'm psyched you're coming Bama.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Oh so like on Hell's Kitchen then
    Oh shit yes, I'm psyched you're coming Bama.

Last year, it wasn't the real Bama. He didn't even make one pun!

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Tenatively put me down. I'll be doing the redeye shuffle to get to Boston, so that should be...interesting.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Bama wrote: »
    Wait, so is it too late to sign up for this? I'm planning on attending PAX but may have others in tow.

edit: @Justin - http://lmgtfy.com/?q=prix+fixe

of course!

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2011

hahahaha

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

hahahaha

That's not even Will being Will. I don't either. Not a whole lot of chain type restaurants can make it in Boston proper, there are too many really good places to eat with more personality and the real estate prices mean its hard to have like a 99.

Boston has a tiny footprint though so if you go one town over there are plenty. Just not in walking distance.

Checking... yeah no 99s, no Chilis, 1 TGIF, no Applebees, np Outback steakhouses, etc

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png