As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Upgrading to Win 7 broke my screen resolution.

Farout FoolioFarout Foolio Registered User regular
edited January 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
I use and LCD tv as my monitor, it has a native resolution of 1360 x 768. This worked fine in xp, but when I switched to 7, it no longer fits my screen. I did a bit of looking around and it seems to be a problem with nVidia drivers or somesuch, but the problem existed before I updated my drivers. Anyone experience something similar?

edit: Oh, I should mention that I have tried to make a working resolution with the custom resolution tool in the nVidia control panel, but no matter what I set my x value to it seems to automatically stretch my screen to remain too big. o_O

2tyFzTC.png

Farout Foolio on

• Options
    BlochWaveBlochWave Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Interesting. I have windows 7 and an nvidia driver. I just right clicked my desktop, selected screen resolution, and dragged the slider down to 1360x768 and changed it with no complaints.

It's also an option if I go through the nvidia control panel...maybe I don't quite understand the problem you're having. Are you saying that if you try to select 1360x768 it then fails, or you don't have the option to select it at all?

BlochWave on
  • Options
    Farout FoolioFarout Foolio Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Hi! Sorry for the long reply time.

Anyway, so to answer your question;
    Yes, all the resolutions previously available are still there, they just don't display the same anymore.
    I currently have 1360x768 selected and am missing a bit off either side of my screen. The vertical resolution fits perfectly, however.

My research (googlesearch) has revealed a very interesting fix.
    If I go to resolution settings and then to the 'make text and objects larger' option, set it to medium, accept, then set it to normal, my resolution fixes itself. This only lasts a seemingly random time, but it works every time. It's...madness. o.O

Farout Foolio on
    2tyFzTC.png