As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

THQ Supports the Wii???

quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
edited February 2007 in Games and Technology
In a statement that most here on these boards will find shocking, IGN says that THQ is supporting the Wii with 11 games, with a wrestling game counted among them. I think its safe to say that nobody saw this coming.

quovadis13 on

• Neo RasaNeo Rasa Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Hopefully they'll put some quality out. These guys used to consistently churn out some fun licensed games (Aliens: Thanatos Encounter for the GBC is the main one that just entered my mind) but they't put out nothing but dogs lately.

Neo Rasa on
    "You know how Batman hangs people over the edge of buildings and gets them to spill information. That's Neo Rasa's way of it, but instead of information, he just likes to see people suffer." ~Senor Fish
  • AlphaTwoAlphaTwo Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Is it me, or are all publishers in a pissing match to say who has more support for Nintendo Hardware right now: Konami's recent announcements (which screams rushed with that DDR thing), THQ's 11, EA's 15...

AlphaTwo on
  • ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    LARGE PUBLISHER SUPPORTS POPULAR GAME CONSOLE.

WOT?

Zephos on
    Xbox One/360: Penguin McCool
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    AlphaTwo wrote:
    Is it me, or are all publishers in a pissing match to say who has more support for Nintendo Hardware right now: Konami's recent announcements (which screams rushed with that DDR thing), THQ's 11, EA's 15...
    That is what happens when publishers assume one console won't do well compared to another console and it turns out they were wrong.

Couscous on
  • RobRob Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    AlphaTwo wrote:

Maybe it's the 4.3 billion in sales Nintendo made.

Rob on
    alchemy.gif
  • MikestaMikesta Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Zephos wrote:
    LARGE PUBLISHER SUPPORTS POPULAR GAME CONSOLE.

WOT?
    Oh god, just shut the hell up. Seriously.

Mikesta on
    untitled.jpg

You mess with the dolphin, you get the nose.
  • AlphaTwoAlphaTwo Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    titmouse wrote:
    AlphaTwo wrote:
    That is what happens when publishers assume one console won't do well compared to another console and it turns out they were wrong.
    I just worry it's lip-service, appeasing investors by saying "we havn't missed the boat yet"...

AlphaTwo on
  • DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    The only game by THQ that I even give the slightest fuck about is Dawn of War, and forgive me if I don't see them putting that on the Wii (though it would be awesome).

Daedalus on
  • RobRob Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    AlphaTwo wrote:
    titmouse wrote:
    AlphaTwo wrote:
    I just worry it's lip-service, appeasing investors by saying "we havn't missed the boat yet"...

Easily could be. THQ's lineup (so far) doesn't look impressive, unless you like WWF.

Rob on
    alchemy.gif
  • ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    All that I'm saying is that its kinda silly how shocked people are when a publisher says "hey, lets hop on the Wii train."

frankly, its a good train to be on, but it really should be expected the type of buzz the wii is garnering.

Zephos on
    Xbox One/360: Penguin McCool
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Guys, I know this sounds crazy, but...

THQ is supporting the Nintendo Revolution.

I can't believe it either.

Clint Eastwood on