Options

[PS Vita] has launched!

12467101

Posts

  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Personally I wish everyone would stop calling it a back touchscreen. I'm inclined to think Jerry did so in the comic intentionally, since typically he goes to great pains to state things correctly and succinctly.

    UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Personally I wish everyone would stop calling it a back touchscreen. I'm inclined to think Jerry did so in the comic intentionally, since typically he goes to great pains to state things correctly and succinctly.

    What should we call it? It's a touch screen on the back of the thing.

    jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Rent wrote: »
    Personally speaking, I hate this thing

    I think the back touchscreen is pointless and stupid, I seriously cannot believe they're trying a fucking gyro a-fucking-gain after the goddamn debacle that was the sixaxis, it's gonna be super overpriced (at least 350 bucks, calling it now) nonsense and I can't believe that Sony learned nothing at all from the numerous mistakes they made from the PSP 1
    Yes and the 3DS also has a ('fucking') gyroscope and accelerometer. The only difference between the two in that regard is the NGP has an electronic compass.

    And if you actually watched the presentation, those features seemed like they fit portables pretty well.
    Finally I'm p pissed that Sony has seemed to learn from none-absolutely 0- of the mistakes they made with the PSP1, which is chiefly that portables are not home consoles, so stop fucking making portable home consoles. When I turn my DS or PSP on I want to play a portable game, not a watered down version of a PS3 or Wii game

    Nintendo has always understood this, Sony has still been unable to even grasp at the concept and instead prefers to give us Uncharted portable, the absolute last thing I want to play on the go

    Could've fooled me. Last I checked most of their games were basically portable versions of their console equivalents. Even Pokemon's hardly a 'portable game', it's a RPG for fucks sake.
    Rent wrote: »
    because it's gonna be a poorly controlling, not as graphically wowing version of uncharted, but on a tinier screen

    I like how you know this despite having not played this or probably even watching the conference. The only impressions we have so far say it controls just as well as the console versions. But please, do inform us of what functionality the NGP's missing that will make it control poorly.

    Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    jclast wrote: »
    Personally I wish everyone would stop calling it a back touchscreen. I'm inclined to think Jerry did so in the comic intentionally, since typically he goes to great pains to state things correctly and succinctly.

    What should we call it? It's a touch screen on the back of the thing.

    It's not a screen. It's a touchpad.

    Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    jclast wrote: »
    Personally I wish everyone would stop calling it a back touchscreen. I'm inclined to think Jerry did so in the comic intentionally, since typically he goes to great pains to state things correctly and succinctly.

    What should we call it? It's a touch screen on the back of the thing.

    It's not a screen. It's a SONY.

    Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    jclast wrote: »
    Personally I wish everyone would stop calling it a back touchscreen. I'm inclined to think Jerry did so in the comic intentionally, since typically he goes to great pains to state things correctly and succinctly.

    What should we call it? It's a touch screen on the back of the thing.

    Except for the "screen" part.

    Spaffy on
    ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    See, I actually want console-level experiences on my portables, because most of the time i play th em, i am at home and unable to play my console.

    Give me a portable with full, deep games, and i will love it and cherish it and leave lots of money on it's nightstand come morning.

    InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Rent wrote: »
    Personally speaking, I hate this thing

    I think the back touchscreen is pointless and stupid, I seriously cannot believe they're trying a fucking gyro a-fucking-gain after the goddamn debacle that was the sixaxis, it's gonna be super overpriced (at least 350 bucks, calling it now) nonsense and I can't believe that Sony learned nothing at all from the numerous mistakes they made from the PSP 1
    Yes and the 3DS also has a ('fucking') gyroscope and accelerometer. The only difference between the two in that regard is the NGP has an electronic compass.

    And if you actually watched the presentation, those features seemed like they fit portables pretty well.

    i did, and think they're unnecessary gimmicks that add nothing to the gameplay just like every stupid addition made to the PSP 1, 2, and 3000 and Go and PS3, up to and including the analog nub, and sixaxis, the Go's complete lack of UMD support, etc

    thanks for being condescending though
    Finally I'm p pissed that Sony has seemed to learn from none-absolutely 0- of the mistakes they made with the PSP1, which is chiefly that portables are not home consoles, so stop fucking making portable home consoles. When I turn my DS or PSP on I want to play a portable game, not a watered down version of a PS3 or Wii game

    Nintendo has always understood this, Sony has still been unable to even grasp at the concept and instead prefers to give us Uncharted portable, the absolute last thing I want to play on the go

    Could've fooled me. Last I checked most of their games were basically portable versions of their console equivalents. Even Pokemon's hardly a 'portable game', it's a RPG for fucks sake.

    TWEWY. Phantom Hourglass. Pokemon has huge and useful touchscreen integration making navigating the game a breeze. I could keep going- the DS has been unparalleled in its unique, DS-exclusive gaming experiences. This isn't even an arguement, this is objective fact
    Rent wrote: »
    because it's gonna be a poorly controlling, not as graphically wowing version of uncharted, but on a tinier screen

    I like how you know this despite having not played this or probably even watching the conference. The only impressions we have so far say it controls just as well as the console versions. But please, do inform us of what functionality the NGP's missing that will make it control poorly.

    and likewise you in turn have no right to say anything in favor of it despite having not played it. guess we're at an impasse, then

    oh and i watched the conference. I don't like the gyro because uh, Sony has a horrible track record of awful implementations of gyro into their games. Past is usually indicative of present, you know

    Rent on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    InkSplat wrote: »
    See, I actually want console-level experiences on my portables, because most of the time i play th em, i am at home and unable to play my console.

    Give me a portable with full, deep games, and i will love it and cherish it and leave lots of money on it's nightstand come morning.

    I can understand this mentality and quite often I'm like this too - though honestly I don't care what I play on my portables, "console-level" experience or "handheld" experience, as if that implies it's somehow less engaging or fun. I will play anything at any time when I feel like playing it.

    But I sincerely hope this is not anywhere near the actual strategy for the device. I hope someone at Sony didn't say, "hey, nobody plays portables in an actually portable sense, let's just make it a sub sandwich with sticks that stick out and put home console games on it, because now everyone just plays their portables at home when the TV is otherwise in use anyway."

    Because as great as that is for us, I kind of doubt we're in the majority.

    UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Guitar Hero Of TimeGuitar Hero Of Time Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm not sure anything is keeping current gen portables from being "full, deep games" unless we are equating graphics with gameplay. The NGP is being touted as delivering a "console-level experience" in the sense of graphics.

    Calling the touch pad on the back a "touch screen" is demented. No one with a laptop that has a trackpad says their laptop has a touch screen.

    Guitar Hero Of Time on
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    ITT opinions are fact.

    Big Classy on
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    That video showing how you tilt the screen to look around in Uncharted looks awesome.

    Spaffy on
    ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    Rex DartRex Dart Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Calling the touch pad on the back a "touch screen" is demented. No one with a laptop that has a trackpad says their laptop has a touch screen.

    I see your point, but the difference with the PSP2 is that the back-trackpad is 1:1 with the screen (apparently). So it's a good deal different from a touchpad as well.

    Rex Dart on
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    It has always been the case for a new handheld to get previous gen topsellers. Mario, Fire Emblem, Dragon Quest, even Tetris started out on non-portable systems. Sony is just potentially giving you the ability to experience this gen's great titles in portable form.

    The 3DS may offer different ways of playing the game, but I care about how the game plays, not how I play it. Is Spirit Tracks better than Twilight Princess, for all that it controls differently? The NGP's second analogue stick alone makes any game where you might desire easy control of the camera infinitely more playable - 3D platformers, adventure games, action RPGs, shooters.

    It's funny that everyone who's played VC2 agrees that it's well suited to a handheld, but lament the loss of power that the PS3 brought which enabled the gorgeous graphics and varied levels. I would have thought that the NGP would be just what you'd want.

    Shen on
    3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Rex Dart wrote: »
    Calling the touch pad on the back a "touch screen" is demented. No one with a laptop that has a trackpad says their laptop has a touch screen.

    I see your point, but the difference with the PSP2 is that the back-trackpad is 1:1 with the screen (apparently). So it's a good deal different from a touchpad as well.

    Not really, no. Mapping the coordinates of a really big touchpad to a screen doesn't require any radically different technology or anything.

    Zxerol on
  • Options
    Rex DartRex Dart Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    No, I meant functionally. Not in terms of tech.

    Rex Dart on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Rex Dart wrote: »
    Calling the touch pad on the back a "touch screen" is demented. No one with a laptop that has a trackpad says their laptop has a touch screen.

    I see your point, but the difference with the PSP2 is that the back-trackpad is 1:1 with the screen (apparently). So it's a good deal different from a touchpad as well.

    That doesn't make it a touchscreen. It is still very much a touchpad. And it's a very clever idea.

    Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Rent wrote: »
    Rent wrote: »
    because it's gonna be a poorly controlling, not as graphically wowing version of uncharted, but on a tinier screen

    I like how you know this despite having not played this or probably even watching the conference. The only impressions we have so far say it controls just as well as the console versions. But please, do inform us of what functionality the NGP's missing that will make it control poorly.

    and likewise you in turn have no right to say anything in favor of it despite having not played it. guess we're at an impasse, then

    Except it has two analog sticks

    Analog sticks

    Not analog nubs

    Have you ever played Uncharted before

    You play it with two analog sticks

    And face buttons

    In fact you play it with a DualShock 3! Which the NGP's control setup looks a lot like!

    UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I can't wait for the Sony NGP to get jailbroken and then I can play actual NGP games on it. Fatal Fury, Metal Slug, and Samurai Shodown don't need back-track-pad-screen-thingers and millions of polygons per second to be better than most modern games.

    acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Well they need something to be, considering they're not

    Sounds like somebody's living in the past

    Contemporize, man

    UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Rex Dart wrote: »
    Calling the touch pad on the back a "touch screen" is demented. No one with a laptop that has a trackpad says their laptop has a touch screen.

    I see your point, but the difference with the PSP2 is that the back-trackpad is 1:1 with the screen (apparently). So it's a good deal different from a touchpad as well.

    While it is 1:1 with the screen in terms of position and size, it doesn't necessarily have to control that way. It could very well be that it's difficult to reach certain points on the back while holding it, or to visualize where your hands are at with any accuracy without seeing them, and as a result most devs reprogram it to act like two separate laptop touch pads.

    Like how the DS had a much-vaunted thumbstrap at launch that was used for a while until they realized it's not the greatest way to use a touchscreen. 1:1 may not be the best way to use a rear touch panel.

    UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Rex Dart wrote: »
    Calling the touch pad on the back a "touch screen" is demented. No one with a laptop that has a trackpad says their laptop has a touch screen.

    I see your point, but the difference with the PSP2 is that the back-trackpad is 1:1 with the screen (apparently). So it's a good deal different from a touchpad as well.

    While it is 1:1 with the screen in terms of position and size, it doesn't necessarily have to control that way. It could very well be that it's difficult to reach certain points on the back while holding it, or to visualize where your hands are at with any accuracy without seeing them, and as a result most devs reprogram it to act like two separate laptop touch pads.

    Like how the DS had a much-vaunted thumbstrap at launch that was used for a while until they realized it's not the greatest way to use a touchscreen. 1:1 may not be the best way to use a rear touch panel.

    It's not quite 1:1. It's wider, but not as tall as the screen.

    Spaffy on
    ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Oh, that's interesting to know. They could still map the entire screen to that space if they wanted to. We'll just have to see how the implementation turns out over the next few years.

    UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Personally I think it's a little more worrying Sony doesn't have a name for the thing rather than the price.

    You are grasping at straws.

    Hey, Gabe and Tycho seemed to agree.

    cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Rent wrote: »
    i did, and think they're unnecessary gimmicks that add nothing to the gameplay just like every stupid addition made to the PSP 1, 2, and 3000 and Go and PS3, up to and including the analog nub, and sixaxis, the Go's complete lack of UMD support, etc

    thanks for being condescending though

    Every addition? So things like the PSP's video-out, the Go's ability to save a game at any point, the PS3 being region free, the PS3 using laptop HDD's

    And no problem. Still waiting for you to bitch about the 3DS's inclusion of those technologies though.
    TWEWY. Phantom Hourglass. Pokemon has huge and useful touchscreen integration making navigating the game a breeze. I could keep going- the DS has been unparalleled in its unique, DS-exclusive gaming experiences. This isn't even an arguement, this is objective fact

    Uncharted: Portable has touchscreen integration too, does that not differentiate it from the PS3 versions? Or are you instantly dismissing it because hey, you know for a fact it's poorly implemented, despite never having played it.
    and likewise you in turn have no right to say anything in favor of it despite having not played it. guess we're at an impasse, then

    oh and i watched the conference. I don't like the gyro because uh, Sony has a horrible track record of awful implementations of gyro into their games. Past is usually indicative of present, you know

    Impasse? Are you high? No, we're not at an impasse because I'm not saying it's great, I'm saying you're talking shit about it controlling poorly. And that would be because you are.

    Oh so now you only don't like gyro when Sony does it. Nevermind the fact that they don't make every game on their systems, right? The simple fact that it's on a Sony system means every developer making games on it will have horrible implementations of it.

    Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Every addition? So things like the PSP's video-out, the Go's ability to save a game at any point, the PS3 being region free, the PS3 using laptop HDD's

    No, he clearly wrote every stupid addition.

    UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'd probably take the NGP's motion control over the 3DS's, simply because you won't be losing any graphical effects when you actually use it (unlike losing the 3D on the 3DS)

    UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I dunno if this has been said yet, but that UI that Sony seemed so proud of is atrocious. It's visually dated by at least a decade, and it's really been bothering me since info on this was released.

    DHS Odium on
    Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm sure they'll tighten up the graphics from here on until release. It could look like a piece of silicon turd for all I care as long as it's polished, intuitive, and usable.

    Zxerol on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'd probably take the NGP's motion control over the 3DS's, simply because you won't be losing any graphical effects when you actually use it (unlike losing the 3D on the 3DS)

    All motion control implementations shown so far would not break the 3D effect (including the periscope in Steel Diver, aiming the slingshot in OoT, and finding faces to shoot in Face Raiders).

    I also consider this more meaningful/immersive motion control than the much-reviled "shake to do a thing."

    UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Rent wrote: »
    TWEWY. Phantom Hourglass. Pokemon has huge and useful touchscreen integration making navigating the game a breeze. I could keep going- the DS has been unparalleled in its unique, DS-exclusive gaming experiences. This isn't even an arguement, this is objective fact

    Not sure if those are the best examples. It's been a long time since I tried TWEWY, but I don't recall any touch screen controls that wouldn't have worked just as well with button presses. Phantom Hourglass? All the instances of good touch screen use (boomerang, charting courses, map notes) are ruined by the bad implementation (everything else).

    I enjoy my DS, but I think there are more games hindered by shitty forced touch screen controls than there are games improved by good touch screen controls. The only games where I was thankful for touch were Picross 3D and Kirby Canvas Curse.

    Dirty on
  • Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Dirty wrote: »
    Rent wrote: »
    TWEWY. Phantom Hourglass. Pokemon has huge and useful touchscreen integration making navigating the game a breeze. I could keep going- the DS has been unparalleled in its unique, DS-exclusive gaming experiences. This isn't even an arguement, this is objective fact

    Not sure if those are the best examples. It's been a long time since I tried TWEWY, but I don't recall any touch screen controls that wouldn't have worked just as well with button presses. Phantom Hourglass? All the instances of good touch screen use (boomerang, charting courses, map notes) are ruined by the bad implementation (everything else).

    How do you draw paths of attack using buttons? Depending on how you used the stylus you could totally whiff an attack, or devastate entire groups of enemies.

    InkSplat on
    Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    InkSplat wrote: »
    Dirty wrote: »
    Rent wrote: »
    TWEWY.
    TWEWY? Buttons could work.

    How do you draw paths of attack using buttons? Depending on how you used the stylus you could totally whiff an attack, or devastate entire groups of enemies.

    I'll concede on TWEWY, as I didn't get to sample much of the gameplay as I couldn't stomach the story/characters for very long. From here on out, I will assume that it was a shining example of touch screen controls done right. However, I still stand by my statement that most of my favorite DS games would have been better without the touch screen.

    Dirty on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I can understand this mentality and quite often I'm like this too - though honestly I don't care what I play on my portables, "console-level" experience or "handheld" experience, as if that implies it's somehow less engaging or fun. I will play anything at any time when I feel like playing it.

    But I sincerely hope this is not anywhere near the actual strategy for the device. I hope someone at Sony didn't say, "hey, nobody plays portables in an actually portable sense, let's just make it a sub sandwich with sticks that stick out and put home console games on it, because now everyone just plays their portables at home when the TV is otherwise in use anyway."

    Because as great as that is for us, I kind of doubt we're in the majority.

    Agreed with your first point. So long as they're implemented well for the system they're on and are good games, I couldn't care less what sort of random label people want to put on them.

    As for the second, there were a number of original titles in the showreel so at this point I wouldn't be too worried.
    While it is 1:1 with the screen in terms of position and size, it doesn't necessarily have to control that way. It could very well be that it's difficult to reach certain points on the back while holding it, or to visualize where your hands are at with any accuracy without seeing them, and as a result most devs reprogram it to act like two separate laptop touch pads.

    Like how the DS had a much-vaunted thumbstrap at launch that was used for a while until they realized it's not the greatest way to use a touchscreen. 1:1 may not be the best way to use a rear touch panel.

    You've mentioned this a couple of times and I don't really get it. Difficult to visualise where your fingers are? I just gave it a go on my normal PSP and easily managed to estimate exactly where my fingers were. It's not like your entire arm is going missing here, it's incredibly easy. As for reaching certain points on the back, that'll depend entirely on the game. If the developer wants you to use both the face buttons and touch panel, then yeah maybe they'll use it like a touchpad. But I think there'll be plenty of other games where you only really need to use the touch panel, so you can position your hands to have full access to it (no different to playing DS games with the stylus really).
    Every addition? So things like the PSP's video-out, the Go's ability to save a game at any point, the PS3 being region free, the PS3 using laptop HDD's

    No, he clearly wrote every stupid addition.

    I considered that but it seemed like a pretty pointless thing to say. Every stupid addition was unnecessary? I don't think that's a Sony exclusive statement, I'm pretty sure the same thing goes for Nintendo and Microsoft too.

    Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Rent wrote: »
    Rent wrote: »
    because it's gonna be a poorly controlling, not as graphically wowing version of uncharted, but on a tinier screen

    I like how you know this despite having not played this or probably even watching the conference. The only impressions we have so far say it controls just as well as the console versions. But please, do inform us of what functionality the NGP's missing that will make it control poorly.

    and likewise you in turn have no right to say anything in favor of it despite having not played it. guess we're at an impasse, then

    Except it has two analog sticks

    Analog sticks

    Not analog nubs

    Have you ever played Uncharted before

    You play it with two analog sticks

    And face buttons

    In fact you play it with a DualShock 3! Which the NGP's control setup looks a lot like!

    Yep, I played Uncharted and loved. Actually, If I wanted, I can go out and buy Uncharted again for $20 and play it on my TV. Or I could wait, buy a PSP2, pay more than $20 bucks for a downgraded Uncharted, and play it on a smaller screen.

    Algertman on
  • Options
    AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Algertman wrote: »
    Yep, I played Uncharted and loved. Actually, If I wanted, I can go out and buy Uncharted again for $20 and play it on my TV. Or I could wait, buy a PSP2, pay more than $20 bucks for a downgraded Uncharted, and play it on a smaller screen.

    Welcome to portable gaming! Wheeeeeeeeee.....

    Automaticzen on
    http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Algertman wrote: »
    Yep, I played Uncharted and loved. Actually, If I wanted, I can go out and buy Uncharted again for $20 and play it on my TV. Or I could wait, buy a PSP2, pay more than $20 bucks for a downgraded Uncharted, and play it on a smaller screen.

    Downgraded? It's a different game, you goose.
    I can't wait for the Sony NGP to get jailbroken and then I can play actual NGP games on it. Fatal Fury, Metal Slug, and Samurai Shodown don't need back-track-pad-screen-thingers and millions of polygons per second to be better than most modern games.

    Forgot to mention this before but you realise there are Neo Geo games on the PSN, right? You don't need to jailbreak it.

    Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Algertman wrote: »
    Rent wrote: »
    Rent wrote: »
    because it's gonna be a poorly controlling, not as graphically wowing version of uncharted, but on a tinier screen

    I like how you know this despite having not played this or probably even watching the conference. The only impressions we have so far say it controls just as well as the console versions. But please, do inform us of what functionality the NGP's missing that will make it control poorly.

    and likewise you in turn have no right to say anything in favor of it despite having not played it. guess we're at an impasse, then

    Except it has two analog sticks

    Analog sticks

    Not analog nubs

    Have you ever played Uncharted before

    You play it with two analog sticks

    And face buttons

    In fact you play it with a DualShock 3! Which the NGP's control setup looks a lot like!

    Yep, I played Uncharted and loved. Actually, If I wanted, I can go out and buy Uncharted again for $20 and play it on my TV. Or I could wait, buy a PSP2, pay more than $20 bucks for a downgraded Uncharted, and play it on a smaller screen.

    Yeah uh

    I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here

    I could just as easily say that NSMB Wii came free with my Wii, but I could go pay $35 for a shitty portable version of that

    UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Algertman wrote: »
    Yep, I played Uncharted and loved. Actually, If I wanted, I can go out and buy Uncharted again for $20 and play it on my TV. Or I could wait, buy a PSP2, pay more than $20 bucks for a downgraded Uncharted, and play it on a smaller screen.

    Downgraded? It's a different game, you goose.
    I can't wait for the Sony NGP to get jailbroken and then I can play actual NGP games on it. Fatal Fury, Metal Slug, and Samurai Shodown don't need back-track-pad-screen-thingers and millions of polygons per second to be better than most modern games.

    Forgot to mention this before but you realise there are Neo Geo games on the PSN, right? You don't need to jailbreak it.

    I can get every single Neo Geo game in my collection on PSN? Awesome, I should go log in right now an... oh right, I can't log into PSN because I value the product I was sold and all the features it entailed more than I value the product I was sold minus key advertised features.

    acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hahahahahahaha

    Hope your Linux was worth it, buddy

    UnbreakableVow on
This discussion has been closed.