As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Armored Core 5 - You got Chromehounds in my AC!

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    How do I get the team emblem? Can I grab it as a decal?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    I think you have to snag it from the member who made it via trade, as I don't know of any other way to get it. I'm not even sure that method works, TBH, but that's what I plan on trying.

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
    k. i'm eating lunch right now but willl b back n a min

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    so, is this... similar to chromehounds? cause I fucking loved chromehounds

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    So what is a good way to get money? So far I've been grinding order mission 6, I get around 100,000 per completion, and it takes less than 30 seconds each time.

steam_sig.png
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Basically AC missions are a pretty reliable source.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    I can just kick some of the randoms from WANG.

Ehhh.

• 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    There's later Order missions against two ACs that are really easy, even alone, and net you around 500k for about 2 minutes of effort.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    I can just kick some of the randoms from WANG.

Ehhh.

Random's aren't real people so they don't matter :p think of them as sheep

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Just making sure any potential players see.
    Created We Are Nice Guys on 360 for EU players.
    Could one of you US dudes upload a pic of the colours and emblem so I could make something similar?

Also when it comes to parts, are they mostly going to be bought from the shop or do you get stuff from missions too?

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    You're going to want to do all the missions and find the scrap piles for parts, but from what I can tell so far it's not as key to do missions on "hard mode" for the best parts anymore.

u4OkoEI.png
  • chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Looks like I should stop doing Order missions and do some story missions for part-y goodness. Hmm. That list is awesome.

steam_sig.png
    I like the autocannons, but I hate having to stop on legs, but I also hate being so damn slow in a tank

3basnids3lf9.jpg

You're going to want to do all the missions and find the scrap piles for parts, but from what I can tell so far it's not as key to do missions on "hard mode" for the best parts anymore.

Hard mode? When was that a thing?

AC4/AC4A.

u4OkoEI.png
    I do not remember this thing. Then again my setup was good enough so I didn't need to delve too deep into the systems... and that was a year+ ago

I'll be getting back on in a bit.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

edited March 2012
    So..do the missions that aren't vs other people *ever* get challenging? rolling through the 60+ order missions right now and they're still cake walks. and there are never enough other people online it seems to actually do team vs team multi so..yeah

taliosfalcon on
  • ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    So..do the missions that aren't vs other people *ever* get challenging? rolling through the 60+ order missions right now and they're still cake walks. and there are never enough other people online it seems to actually do team vs team multi so..yeah

Me and Grey Adder burned through our remaining 50+ order missions after our remaining campaign missions yesterday. The order missions where you do not fight ACs are always a joke. The other missions where you fight ACs you get very lucky if the AI even works. Plenty of missions had the two enemy AIs doing the opposite of what the pre-mission screen said they would; ie. the sniper AC rushing us while the heavyweight AC sat in the back literally shooting his buddy in the back. Another duo resulted in the lightweight AC slowly moving backwards into a wall while his buddy bumrushed us into a building and got stuck. The best AIs were the Zodiac crew which you won't see till mission 60 or 70 something, and the later half of the beehive guys. Other than that if the AI did anything remotely useful it was the exception not the rule.

AKA, armored core AI doing what its done best since the PS1 games.

Column on
  • ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    So are there any sites with good info on parts, where to unlock them, tips for builds, anything like that?

• MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Good games pantsy. Protip, don't try to knee a train, chances appear to be high of you getting teleported in front of it, then run over.

• pantsypantsy Registered User regular
    Morkath wrote: »
    Good games pantsy. Protip, don't try to knee a train, chances appear to be high of you getting teleported in front of it, then run over.

Haha yeah that was bizarre.

Sorry about the epic fail on that enormous boss! I am still trying to learn the game. Those defense mechs with the huge shields are a pain in the ass.

No worries, I did not have a good weapon loadout for that, and I was almost dead when it showed up.

Game locked up or network issues or something as we were exiting that mission, I just turned off the xbox.

pantsy wrote: »

Sorry about the epic fail on that enormous boss! I am still trying to learn the game. Those defense mechs with the huge shields are a pain in the ass.

Actually, dropkicking that train is a pretty good strategy, you just need to get in and out quickly because that thing has absurd guns that can fuck you in half in notime.

Kainy wrote: »
    pantsy wrote: »

Actually, dropkicking that train is a pretty good strategy, you just need to get in and out quickly because that thing has absurd guns that can fuck you in half in notime.

That thing only ever shot really slow missiles at me, and I just followed it around with miniguns after piledriving the lead train to stop it.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    Well, the PSN corp got a lot of work done today. I helped as I could, though obviously my mech needs some more work :/

steam_sig.png
    Previous mission, in the tunnel. Not the one in the city.

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I've been checking online for info for issues with initiating 10K+ conquest modes. A mod at Armored Core Universe had this to say.
    As for the territory matches, you can only defend vs someone in Conquest mode who is attacking using Conquest mode. The two modes are fully seperate for the matchmaker, just like each area on the map is seperate for the matchmaker. On top of that the servers are being really annoying for ACV and Namco isn't doing any maintenance on them. The JP servers get reset regularly (basically maintenance) so that the matchmaker keeps working right. The reason random invasions stopped working for Conquest mode is because all the territory the AI owned has been sucked up by players, probably a lot of people who grabbed one territory and can't defend it or stopped playing.

To gain territory now, you have to either force everyones territory into 0 AP remaining so it starts burning down or find someone who is actually defending in Conquest mode to blow up, thereby taking their territory. In the case of the 0 AP burning down situation, the AI will take back a territory that is at 0 AP after about 24 hours. I don't recall if doing regular defense missions fills up territory AP at all. I don't believe it does. I know that regular defense missions will increase territory value, though. A lot of people confuse the territory AP (bar) with the territory value (number) on the territory menu.

So, to gain territory now you must basically spam anti-turret missions in the areas you want to break. This will slowly tear down all the inactive (and active) territories in those places. Once they all reach 0 AP remaining the AI will take them back after about a day, then you can spam Conquest missions vs the AI and collect a whole bunch of free territory. Considering the fact that breaking all those territories will earn you lots of team points, it means that you'll probably be sitting on a 3-5mil team point stock by the time the AI take the territory back. This normally isn't an issue cuz there are so many players doing anti-turret missions, but the NA server is relatively desolate. That means the territory system can get drawn out into a long war of attrition, chipping, and waiting. As silly as it sound, it's not made to support this few active players, hahaha.

The ACV system is designed to have more active players than the NA server is currently housing. Without more people it's impossible to have enough activity to warrant people sitting in defense missions all day and it's impossible to break inactive territories quickly. The server splits are honestly working against us a bit, hahaha. It wouldn't be so bad if we had about twice as many active players in the game, but AC is a niche game and it's never busiest at release. It tends to get busiest about one month after release as word picks up about the game, then the activity dies back down after about two more months.

When you do standard anti-turret invasions it randomly selects a territory owned by someone then subtracts points from it. Normally a territory takes about 10 hits before it reaches zero. Since it's random selection it means it's impossible to focus any one team's territory down, you just gotta literally break everyone's territory in that area. You also never accidentally hit your own team's territory.

This gives teams a reason to defend in standard missions too. That way they can prevent territory damage and can gain points towards their current territories scores. When there are lots of players on the servers the territories get constantly attacked by small fries, which slowly insures that inactive teams that own territory lose it. The problem is that we don't have that many active people on NA servers and our current teams are losing their minds doing nothing but invasion after invasion vs turrets or sitting and waiting hours for a defense mission to crop up in conquest mode.

Oh another thing about intrusion and defense missions. The star rating you set targets specific level territories. You'll notice your territories all have letter ratings. Those stars correspond to letter ratings. This makes things even more complicated for servers with fewer people. If you target 4 star territories in conquest or standard missions (say in Mining Sector) and we're defending our 10 star territory (actively waiting in a defense mission), it won't matchmake us. This is because it's trying to find a lower level territory on purpose for you to attack and we're defending a higher level one.

As stupid as it sounds, NA server has too few people playing and JP server has too many people playing. That's why their servers keep crashing from overload and our territory mode is such a hassle. It's a great territory system if you have enough players to really make use of it, otherwise it's just forced attrition.

Hopefully more people start playing AC soon. It takes AC players a bit to warm up to online mode, too. Give it another week or so and we should see lots more activity across the board in NA servers.

VayBJ4e.png
    edited March 2012
    I'm going to try and contact the bigger clans, so we can schedule something.

PSN Leading Clans in territories

Raven Republic
    Green Flamingo - (I've found this group's leader. They are big, so we might be too small time, we'll see.)
    7TH Cyclops
    DeadLink
    Black//Raven
    Irrelephancy
    --

Other Big Clans

Manly Tears
    Praetorian Guard
    Mechaverse
    ACU
    Blood Angels
    The Goon's Nest
    Tactical Gaming
    Paranoia
    CrimsonChaos
    Cortex
    BLACK KNIGHTS
    Blade Breakers
    Night shift
    SPARTANS_
    88th Raven Corp
    The Land Wasters

I figure I can utilize some google fu

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
    I've been checking online for info for issues with initiating 10K+ conquest modes. A mod at Armored Core Universe had this to say.
    As for the territory matches, you can only defend vs someone in Conquest mode who is attacking using Conquest mode. The two modes are fully seperate for the matchmaker, just like each area on the map is seperate for the matchmaker. On top of that the servers are being really annoying for ACV and Namco isn't doing any maintenance on them. The JP servers get reset regularly (basically maintenance) so that the matchmaker keeps working right. The reason random invasions stopped working for Conquest mode is because all the territory the AI owned has been sucked up by players, probably a lot of people who grabbed one territory and can't defend it or stopped playing.

To gain territory now, you have to either force everyones territory into 0 AP remaining so it starts burning down or find someone who is actually defending in Conquest mode to blow up, thereby taking their territory. In the case of the 0 AP burning down situation, the AI will take back a territory that is at 0 AP after about 24 hours. I don't recall if doing regular defense missions fills up territory AP at all. I don't believe it does. I know that regular defense missions will increase territory value, though. A lot of people confuse the territory AP (bar) with the territory value (number) on the territory menu.

So, to gain territory now you must basically spam anti-turret missions in the areas you want to break. This will slowly tear down all the inactive (and active) territories in those places. Once they all reach 0 AP remaining the AI will take them back after about a day, then you can spam Conquest missions vs the AI and collect a whole bunch of free territory. Considering the fact that breaking all those territories will earn you lots of team points, it means that you'll probably be sitting on a 3-5mil team point stock by the time the AI take the territory back. This normally isn't an issue cuz there are so many players doing anti-turret missions, but the NA server is relatively desolate. That means the territory system can get drawn out into a long war of attrition, chipping, and waiting. As silly as it sound, it's not made to support this few active players, hahaha.

The ACV system is designed to have more active players than the NA server is currently housing. Without more people it's impossible to have enough activity to warrant people sitting in defense missions all day and it's impossible to break inactive territories quickly. The server splits are honestly working against us a bit, hahaha. It wouldn't be so bad if we had about twice as many active players in the game, but AC is a niche game and it's never busiest at release. It tends to get busiest about one month after release as word picks up about the game, then the activity dies back down after about two more months.

When you do standard anti-turret invasions it randomly selects a territory owned by someone then subtracts points from it. Normally a territory takes about 10 hits before it reaches zero. Since it's random selection it means it's impossible to focus any one team's territory down, you just gotta literally break everyone's territory in that area. You also never accidentally hit your own team's territory.

This gives teams a reason to defend in standard missions too. That way they can prevent territory damage and can gain points towards their current territories scores. When there are lots of players on the servers the territories get constantly attacked by small fries, which slowly insures that inactive teams that own territory lose it. The problem is that we don't have that many active people on NA servers and our current teams are losing their minds doing nothing but invasion after invasion vs turrets or sitting and waiting hours for a defense mission to crop up in conquest mode.

Oh another thing about intrusion and defense missions. The star rating you set targets specific level territories. You'll notice your territories all have letter ratings. Those stars correspond to letter ratings. This makes things even more complicated for servers with fewer people. If you target 4 star territories in conquest or standard missions (say in Mining Sector) and we're defending our 10 star territory (actively waiting in a defense mission), it won't matchmake us. This is because it's trying to find a lower level territory on purpose for you to attack and we're defending a higher level one.

As stupid as it sounds, NA server has too few people playing and JP server has too many people playing. That's why their servers keep crashing from overload and our territory mode is such a hassle. It's a great territory system if you have enough players to really make use of it, otherwise it's just forced attrition.

Hopefully more people start playing AC soon. It takes AC players a bit to warm up to online mode, too. Give it another week or so and we should see lots more activity across the board in NA servers.

that mod is so naive, in another month it'll be completely dead and impossible to do anything =/ such a stupid system.

• KlatBlutigKlatBlutig Registered User regular
    OK I'm having a hard time finding people online right now. What's this about WANG2? is this something for EU players or did everyone jump ship and start a new team? If so then what's the password?

That said I've been going through the order missions (boring) and the story missions (why From?! WHY?!) and actually did a free battle against three other pubs in battle royal; while fun (I killed 2 pubs FTW) it was ultimately not as satisfying as playing with people from here.

I really want to do some conquest with a 4-5 player team.

Klat%20Blutig.jpg
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    As a fellow who hasn't really played Armored Core since about AC2

How would I feel about this game?

steam_sig.png

The singleplayer isn't nearly as good, so only dive in if you plan on doing the online stuff, which can be quite fun, if a bit repetitive when you're not fighting players. The underlying customization and the like and gameplay and such are all solid. It's a little faster paced, if more grounded, and the mechs are beautiful.

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Kainy wrote: »

The singleplayer isn't nearly as good, so only dive in if you plan on doing the online stuff, which can be quite fun, if a bit repetitive when you're not fighting players. The underlying customization and the like and gameplay and such are all solid. It's a little faster paced, if more grounded, and the mechs are beautiful.

Is this one of those Online Pass sort of games? If I pick it up I would just get it from gamefly. . .

steam_sig.png
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    This sounds awesome, and I was super-interested in it (esp the persistent multiplayer elements) until I watched a video from the dev that made the whole interface seem sort of... Shitty. And now I'm wary of getting involved at the wrong time and having the community die down quickly. But I want this game to be great! I'm gonna look through the last few pages of this thread for impressions.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
    I've found contact information for the following PSN teams
    MAHQ
    Dreadnoughts
    Nova Wolf
    SEX BOB-OMB
    21st Recon
    M.A.R.S
    Garage Vanguard
    ROYAL

These guys seem to be around our range of players and team lvl.

I will try to see if I can set up some communications.
    The Team list that I posted earlier, seem to be lvl 200+

VayBJ4e.png
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    KlatBlutig wrote: »
    OK I'm having a hard time finding people online right now. What's this about WANG2? is this something for EU players or did everyone jump ship and start a new team? If so then what's the password?

That said I've been going through the order missions (boring) and the story missions (why From?! WHY?!) and actually did a free battle against three other pubs in battle royal; while fun (I killed 2 pubs FTW) it was ultimately not as satisfying as playing with people from here.

I really want to do some conquest with a 4-5 player team.

Created We Are Nice Guys on the EU 360 server yesterday but still the only member, unless more people are playing we probably won't get many missions going.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
    Sorry I couldn't contribute last night to Mechanica. Apparently my wife needs attention from time to time. I think she's just being a drama queen.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    I want to invade a territory, but we need 50,000 team points. How do we get it up there quicker?!

(also, we should start planning for one when we get closer to 50k so that we have an organized attempt at it)

I'll be around today and watching the thread, so let me know if you guys want to play

3basnids3lf9.jpg