As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Armored Core 5 - You got Chromehounds in my AC!

• pantsypantsy Registered User regular
    KlatBlutig wrote: »
    OK I'm having a hard time finding people online right now. What's this about WANG2? is this something for EU players or did everyone jump ship and start a new team? If so then what's the password?

That said I've been going through the order missions (boring) and the story missions (why From?! WHY?!) and actually did a free battle against three other pubs in battle royal; while fun (I killed 2 pubs FTW) it was ultimately not as satisfying as playing with people from here.

I really want to do some conquest with a 4-5 player team.

We Are Nice Guys 2 is the overflow US team since the first WANG was full. The password is the usual PA password
    "wang"

hopping on WANG2 now for a while

• ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    I want to invade a territory, but we need 50,000 team points. How do we get it up there quicker?!

(also, we should start planning for one when we get closer to 50k so that we have an organized attempt at it)
    Elitistb wrote: »
    Column wrote: »
    On Conquest

One thing to keep in mind is team points. It takes 50,000(WHY?!) points to conquer something. You seem to get no team points, or very little team points, for winning a conquest sortie. At least the ones against bots, I've yet to have a team defend territory the five missions I've done on the no unicorn rating. I'm guessing teams are more likely to defend the more unicorns you add to increase the territory rating you want to steal.

Getting team points is annoying as shit, at least so far. You get a good amount of them from defending territory. But that means having enough people on to defend AND having territory people are actively trying to take. When the system works, it works so damn well. Seriously, the game is so far amazing. We'll see how broken it may become a month out, but so far so good. But if we have no territory, no people on to defend any territory we do have, points only trickle in. You get team points for beating missions...and that seems to be it. No team points awarded for merc 'ing, none for free battles, player or ranked, and no points for attacking territory in conquest. The best mission I've seen for points is the final story mission, mission 09. It's purely a boss fight and gives you either 1 million or 1 point something million credits, and 500 team points. Getting an A ranking on the mission we received 614 team points. Compare this to the final order mission, order 83, which gave 100 team points.

The reason for the essay about team points is simple. If ANYONE reading this finds some way that generates a lot of team points without farming missions and defending, please pass it along. So far my only real gripe with the game is team points for conquest mode. Right now they seem too hard to maintain as you get the most team points for defending territory but to defend territory you need team points to take it, thus perpetuating a stupid cycle of never enough territory to defend for points. I'm hoping I am wrong.
    This is actually pretty easy. Start Mission->Choose a region->Choose the gold shield with a turret on it->Choose Invasion->I like "Do X damage"->Pump up the difficulty as high as you can, if your guild has 1 gold shield you can take it up just before the final 3 difficulties->Win (I can solo these)->Score 5000+ team points. I drove the Xbox WANG1 from level 60 to level 74ish in a couple hours, by myself. About 50k.

It takes about 5-8 minutes to win. If you lose, the team doesn't lose anything that I can tell.

If you can get your guild to have 2 of those gold shields at the top of the map (not sure what drives it), you can jump the difficulty a bit higher and get 17.5K points. The lower difficulties are 500 points, the mid have a x10 multiplier, the top 3 have a x35 multiplier.

• Shaftoe47Shaftoe47 Registered User regular

Is this of those Online Pass sort of games? If I pick it up I would just get it from gamefly. . .[/quote]

I have it from gamefly. Online no problem.

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    PSN TEAM- Mechanica Arcadia News!

I ran into Irrelephancy last night at 3:00 AM Central Time, protecting a Canyon Base.

They had a full team protecting against myself and some mercenaries on a high level Blitz.
    I was wiped out at a distance by powerful laser cannon fortifications. It also looked like they had ACs which used CE.

So in the future, that's when those guys seem active. AC's should have a high TE and a team buddy, if they intend to weaken dangerous Canyon territories during that time frame.

I've set talks up with multiple teams, and several are interested in scheduling something in the next few days. If you would, send me a PM of what would be a good time frame for you, to schedule some base attack or defense.

Mining Sector is active from what I've heard in my communications. One Team reported to regularly engage other players there.
    We also have a few rivals who are also focused in the Alpine and Canyon region.

Would you guys be interested in a Team Signature?

Also, if anyone wants the Team emblem to slap on their AC, just give me a heads up and I'll trade it with you. I would be interested in trying out some of the team's mechs too, So if you feel like sharing your design, I would be down.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • DanWeinoDanWeino Registered User regular
    So, I don't think anyone cares about this game in the UK. Sainsbury's, nope. Tesco, nope. Game, nope. Argos, nope. Everywhere I think to look, nope. I mean really, do I have to buy everything online now. I would even pay the inflated high street price. This. Sucks. Balls.

steam_sig.png
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Bleh, looks like I'm gonna have to join up with a random team to get the most form this game.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    The Angles have no interest in these strange foreign pursuits.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    DanWeino wrote: »
    So, I don't think anyone cares about this game in the UK. Sainsbury's, nope. Tesco, nope. Game, nope. Argos, nope. Everywhere I think to look, nope. I mean really, do I have to buy everything online now. I would even pay the inflated high street price. This. Sucks. Balls.

I think they all thought the release date was next Friday, for some reason. It would certainly explain the lack of EU players.

Speaking of which...
    Bleh, looks like I'm gonna have to join up with a random team to get the most form this game.

...probably about time I logged in and signed up to get the team going. :)

PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    One of our alpine base territories is at 0 AP, we should probably reinforce it if we can.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular

I ran into Irrelephancy last night at 3:00 AM Central Time, protecting a Canyon Base.

They had a full team protecting against myself and some mercenaries on a high level Blitz.
    I was wiped out at a distance by powerful laser cannon fortifications. It also looked like they had ACs which used CE.

So in the future, that's when those guys seem active. AC's should have a high TE and a team buddy, if they intend to weaken dangerous Canyon territories during that time frame.

I've set talks up with multiple teams, and several are interested in scheduling something in the next few days. If you would, send me a PM of what would be a good time frame for you, to schedule some base attack or defense.

Mining Sector is active from what I've heard in my communications. One Team reported to regularly engage other players there.

Also, if anyone wants the Team emblem to slap on their AC, just give me a heads up and I'll trade it with you. I would be interested in trying out some of the team's mechs too, So if you feel like sharing your design, I would be down.

Yeah I'll take an emblem. Sweaty2501. Is there a place in the team menu we can post AC data, or do you mean just putting it here?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    So how does one increase their territory rating? My team's got 3 territories, but I'm pretty sure all are rating 0

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Defend them in Conquest stronghold.

VayBJ4e.png
    edited March 2012
    DanWeino wrote: »

I think they all thought the release date was next Friday, for some reason. It would certainly explain the lack of EU players.

Speaking of which...

...probably about time I logged in and signed up to get the team going. :)

Hurray! Hopefully get more people in the next few weeks.

Spruced up our team page a bit, including spending far too much time on the team emblem.

mw5X7.png

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    That is some fine work :lol:

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular

I'd be down for a sig and for getting a copy of the emblem.

I can also share my mech design. Good for circle strafing around slow people and picking away at them.

steam_sig.png
    I, for one, will be proud to display that emblem on my AC.

• Shaftoe47Shaftoe47 Registered User regular
    Man, can't wait to get back on w you guys. I'll be back in town tomorrow and will be on about 5pm central until I pass out ;)

• SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    I want to invade a territory, but we need 50,000 team points. How do we get it up there quicker?!

(also, we should start planning for one when we get closer to 50k so that we have an organized attempt at it)
    On Conquest

One thing to keep in mind is team points. It takes 50,000(WHY?!) points to conquer something. You seem to get no team points, or very little team points, for winning a conquest sortie. At least the ones against bots, I've yet to have a team defend territory the five missions I've done on the no unicorn rating. I'm guessing teams are more likely to defend the more unicorns you add to increase the territory rating you want to steal.

Getting team points is annoying as shit, at least so far. You get a good amount of them from defending territory. But that means having enough people on to defend AND having territory people are actively trying to take. When the system works, it works so damn well. Seriously, the game is so far amazing. We'll see how broken it may become a month out, but so far so good. But if we have no territory, no people on to defend any territory we do have, points only trickle in. You get team points for beating missions...and that seems to be it. No team points awarded for merc 'ing, none for free battles, player or ranked, and no points for attacking territory in conquest. The best mission I've seen for points is the final story mission, mission 09. It's purely a boss fight and gives you either 1 million or 1 point something million credits, and 500 team points. Getting an A ranking on the mission we received 614 team points. Compare this to the final order mission, order 83, which gave 100 team points.

The reason for the essay about team points is simple. If ANYONE reading this finds some way that generates a lot of team points without farming missions and defending, please pass it along. So far my only real gripe with the game is team points for conquest mode. Right now they seem too hard to maintain as you get the most team points for defending territory but to defend territory you need team points to take it, thus perpetuating a stupid cycle of never enough territory to defend for points. I'm hoping I am wrong.
    This is actually pretty easy. Start Mission->Choose a region->Choose the gold shield with a turret on it->Choose Invasion->I like "Do X damage"->Pump up the difficulty as high as you can, if your guild has 1 gold shield you can take it up just before the final 3 difficulties->Win (I can solo these)->Score 5000+ team points. I drove the Xbox WANG1 from level 60 to level 74ish in a couple hours, by myself. About 50k.

It takes about 5-8 minutes to win. If you lose, the team doesn't lose anything that I can tell.

If you can get your guild to have 2 of those gold shields at the top of the map (not sure what drives it), you can jump the difficulty a bit higher and get 17.5K points. The lower difficulties are 500 points, the mid have a x10 multiplier, the top 3 have a x35 multiplier.

Completely overlooked this. Thanks. :)

Anyone want to play tomorrow night?

• flapjackflapjack Registered User regular

On Conquest

Completely overlooked this. Thanks. :)

Anyone want to play tomorrow night?

I will in all likelihood be on sometime after work tomorrow evening (6ish EDT). I'm aching to play after having been otherwise disposed for a vast majority of this weekend.

So I discovered that when it says tank legs don't make you go into "ready" mode for heavy weapons, you don't zoom in or anything. You just blast away with both arms.

Oh my god.

Can anyone give me some tips on making a heavy weapon tank AC for story missions? Even with the shoulder ammo reserve I can't imagine how I would have enough ammo.

• 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    The 2000 ammo autocannon and arms with two shoulder slots for 70% more ammo. Miniguns on the back.

u4OkoEI.png
  • OrmussOrmuss Registered User regular
    I joined the PS3 group last night; pilot name Regulus (may change that to Ormuss to match this name, though).

I made what I hope is a functional sniper-type mech, but didn't get a chance to test it in any meaningful way.

• Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    So I was looking in to making a high damage output mech, but I don't feel like going tank. So I figure big legs are the way to go. Anybody know of some high output weaponry that doesn't involve standing still?

steam_sig.png
  • ZanshinretsuZanshinretsu About 20% more deathstare Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I will be attempting to get on this evening and play a bit. On PDT and limited to short sessions due to work, but I should be able to make progress. One thing I'm noticing is that armor types versus damage types seems to be very critical in this game. Taking KE armor into a fight where the enemy uses energy weapons has gotten my AC shredded a few times. Is there a way to see what kinds of weapons the minor enemies are packing? The versus AC missions usually show what kind of loadout they use but for the minions/drones it would be helpful if I knew what to prepare for.

My studio's main site
    PSN: Zanshiretsu <-- misspelled because I am dumb.
    Dual laser blades can be pretty devastating and you have to be nice and nimble.

• Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    So I was looking in to making a high damage output mech, but I don't feel like going tank. So I figure big legs are the way to go. Anybody know of some high output weaponry that doesn't involve standing still?
    Iv'e had good results with both laser and sniper rifles, although the former somewhat restricts mobility due to energy constraints while the latter can have issues with ammo capacity.

My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • s1ppycups1ppycup Registered User regular
    Some thoughts and tips...

For PvE, I've had the best success with medium, high-mobility bipedal or reverse-joint ACs. I usually try to carry one weapon for each damage type, plus a moonlight or HEAT pile driver for backup melee or ammo conservation. Lately, I've been using gatling gun + battle rifle, with a pulse MG and laser sword in hangars. I started using the shoulder-unit autogun with dual-shoulder-unit arms, and it's awesome "free" damage that you can just turn on at the start and forget about.

My ranked PvP AC build is a high-AP tank build with autocannon + pulse cannon, gatling and ______ in the hangars. I haven't lost yet, and I usually come out with very little damage.

For making money, the best thing I've found so far is order mission 31. Make a super light/fast AC and give it quad pile drivers. 1-2 shot the 2 tank ACs, make 430k+ in a couple minutes. I liberated this technique from a Goon :P

GTA V (PSN): chingrimach
    LoL: s1ppycup
    BF3 + 4: Hardon_Edgewise (PC)
    MH3U: s1ppycup (WiiU)
  • SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Is the single player alone worth it in this game? I don't have an Gold live subscription.

5gsowHm.png
    edited March 2012
    How do you know if a weapon will fit in a bay unit or not?

mere_immortal on
    How do you know if a weapon will fit in a bay unit or something or not?

Seems like anything below laser blades on the list won't fit. That's my best guess, anyway.

edited March 2012
    How do you know if a weapon will fit in a bay unit or something or not?

Seems like anything below laser blades on the list won't fit. That's my best guess, anyway.

Seems like it.

Uh, also how come these HEAT cannons aren't firing?

edit: nevermind, I was being stupid

mere_immortal on
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    So I joined WANG2 as Runner

complete noob at this

sorry for being bad, Pantsy I think it was

When you're in scan mode, sometimes I see a pile of mech, and it has a gear symbol on it, what does that mean?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • s1ppycups1ppycup Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    That's scrap -- you run over it (I think?) to unlock a part.

EDIT: if you already own the part, nothing happens (or so I hear).

s1ppycup on
    GTA V (PSN): chingrimach
    LoL: s1ppycup
    BF3 + 4: Hardon_Edgewise (PC)
    MH3U: s1ppycup (WiiU)
  • MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Correct, the first time anyone in your group runs over one in a mission, you get parts for it.

Every subseqeunt time you still get the money and team point submission bonus. So they are still worth picking up if they are on the way. Makes mission 00 a good way to get money.

• Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    Syngyne wrote: »
    Is the single player alone worth it in this game? I don't have an Gold live subscription.
    As a purchase? Probably not. The majority of the game's content is aimed towards the multiplayer. You could do worse with a rental though.

My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • flapjackflapjack Registered User regular
    Man, laser rifles can do some serious damage. Seems like more of a support weapon though - good for team play but not so great as a build idea for solo stuff.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    All these stats and parts and such are frying my brain

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    I should have never clicked on this thread. Luckily it's sold out in the non-gamestop stores close to me.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    flapjack wrote: »
    Man, laser rifles can do some serious damage. Seems like more of a support weapon though - good for team play but not so great as a build idea for solo stuff.

Hitting someone in the teeth with an amplified, fully charged KARASAWA for 20k never gets old.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png