Ooh hoo
    Am I blue

Grifter on
  • Options
    CatnipCatCatnipCat Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    This place sure is blue now.

*drums, cymbile crash*

It took way to long to figure out how to quote.

CatnipCat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited February 2007
    Nigel wrote:
    I think he's right, there is something about this, that that's
    so blue, it's like; "How much more blue could this be?"
    and the answer is: "None, none... more blue.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Am I the only one who smells that?

Nope I smell it... and it's the smell of your blood on the battlefield Toaster.

*sneers menacingly then runs like a coward back to the PA:AC Battle forums*

Prospicience on
  • Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Guh... I don't know what to get my friend for her birthday. It's driving me crazy and I need to get somethin so I can send it to her in time. There is a severe lack of things that are cool out there!

TheBog on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    TheBog wrote: »
    Guh... I don't know what to get my friend for her birthday. It's driving me crazy and I need to get somethin so I can send it to her in time. There is a severe lack of things that are cool out there!

Call up Consumer Recreation Services...they'll make her life...fun.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I'm not sure I understand the reference.. or something. Never seen the movie. And she likes cool things. Comics, art, action figures, video games, classic punk, hats, creepy and scary things.

If there was a figure of the Pale Man from Pan's Labyrinth I would buy that lickity split, but there ain't.

TheBog on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Sublimus wrote: »
    But I would say this board is harder to read clearly.

Yeah, definately.

and OH GOD WHY IS THE TEXT-BOX BACKGROUND BLUE.

boooo change! :(

Oh well. I'm pretty impressed with how quickly everything went back up, though. I'm sure they'll be working out display issues as this goes on, so I'm not too worried, but the general "roundness" of everything is kind of hard to get used to...I think that's one of the factors in why everything seems a bit harder to read (maybe just for me!)

Actually, I really like how the previous posts are displayed underneath the "reply" text-box.....THAT's easy to read.

(woah, awesome on the "edit" function, though........and the link for quoted messages, which was the original purpose for this post edit)

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    TheBog wrote: »
    Never seen the movie.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Whoa these new spoiler tags are kinda neat!

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited February 2007
    I really like the quick reply box at the bottom of the screen.

Grifter on
  • Options
    AlyceInWonderlandAlyceInWonderland Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Yeah. Quick reply makes me happy.

Edit: Holy crap. The Edit function IS cool!

AlyceInWonderland on
  • Options
    ViolenceManViolenceMan Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I saw Ghost Rider yesterday and left the theatre, 3 hours later, pissed off because Ghost Rider sounds like a goddamn, chainsmoking four year old.

1171684954239.gif

"My name is Legion because I am many."

What the hell kind of monologe is that!

ViolenceMan on
    wheres.gif
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    We're back? Hooray!

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    BuckwolfeBuckwolfe Starts With Them, Ends With Us Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Call up Consumer Recreation Services...they'll make her life...fun.

Suuuuuch an entertaining movie.

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Fun fact: I got more art-ing done while the forums were down than I have in the several weeks prior to the crash.

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    Lexx KYSDSLexx KYSDS Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Man, I really don't feel much like posting here till the layout gets less ugly :<

Lexx KYSDS on
  • Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    This is pretty ugly.

*runs back to Battle tourny forum*

Projeck on
  • Options
    AcousticRoosterAcousticRooster Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I guess I'm starting to like it a little better..

AcousticRooster on
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    oooo I do like how you edit posts. It's handy.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I had one of those moments where you realize a song that you liked doesn't really talk about what you thought it did.
    Tom Jones wrote:
    Pussycat, pussycat,
    You're delicious and if my wishes
    Can all come true,
    I'll soon be kissing your sweet little pussycat lips.

I was all like: Tom why would you want to kiss a cat? And they don't have lips...

Oh....

OHHHH....

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I'm feeling something so very rotten right now. I just typed out this whole big block of text explaining why, but its all so whiny and low that I'm typing over it with this. I'm just incredibly depressed right now and want to tell somebody, without boring them with the reason(s) why. Nothing happened or anything, I'm just on another one of those slow mental declines again...

...Its amazing how listening to music like Nick Cave and Leonard Cohen (for me at least) can make you feel worse and better all at the same time...

...rawr.

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    VirumVirum Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I prescribe "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life."

by Monty Python.

Give it a listen.

Virum on
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    The hardest thing to remember when in the grips of it, Buckwolf, is that it too will pass. And it will. Just find something healthy but equally cathartic to pass that time for now.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I had one of those moments where you realize a song that you liked doesn't really talk about what you thought it did.
    Tom Jones wrote:
    Pussycat, pussycat,
    You're delicious and if my wishes
    Can all come true,
    I'll soon be kissing your sweet little pussycat lips.
    I was all like: Tom why would you want to kiss a cat? And they don't have lips...
    Oh....

OHHHH....

O_o!! *covers face as many mental images come to mind* Arrgh! You've tainted me permanently :( Actually, I think I had that experience with the song "Cherry Pie"... I don't know what else they could've been singing about, but boy was I wrong >_<

P.S And where is my emoticon list, and all the other formatting things that the other forums had? Am I not seeing it in all the blueness or is it really not there?

Buck: What Virum and Elliotto said :D

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    ph00lph00l Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Gee Wiz. This board looks so unfamiliar.

ps. The join dates are gone. Not cool.

ph00l on
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.
  • Options
    VirumVirum Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    @ Magic Toaster and Tweaked Bat:

Come on guys, suggestive (or not so) songs are the best. :winky:

Virum on
  • Options
    ScopsScops Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    So, I attended my first session of School Torque today, which was cool. Basically, it's a television program that's filmed, directed, managed etc... almost entirely by students, and is about subjects which matter, or are of particular interest to, students/adolescents. I'm not actually going to be doing any acting for the moment (or ever, I can't act), but I'll be working with the technical crew, doing lighting and camera work and stuffs.

So yeah, it was fun.

Scops on
  • Options
    Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Hey sounds cool.

Will we get to see it down here in Sydney? And when?

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    Lexx KYSDSLexx KYSDS Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    ph00l wrote: »
    Gee Wiz. This board looks so unfamiliar.

ps. The join dates are gone. Not cool.

They still exist, you just have to go to a user's profile to see it. I was worried about that for a sec too D;

Lexx KYSDS on
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    roflmuch.jpg

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I gotta make a toy for my next Alternative Projects class, which excites me because I used to do lots of sculptures and haven't for a while. But I'm a little on the fence about what I should make. It wouldn't be a toy per se. Most like a collectible figure statuette thing, only not collectible. Anyway I'm thinking of doing one of these bird people that I came up with last year. They're nothing too special I just kinda like them. This was the first doodle I did of one (it wouldn't be in this pose though).

BirdMan.jpg

The wings will be a bit of a pain, but nothing too difficult. Just some fine wire mesh and epoxy to make a sturdy frame.

Think it would be a neat toy/statue?

Buckwolfe on
  • Options
    Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Lexx KYSDS wrote: »
    Man, I really don't feel much like posting here till the layout gets less ugly :<

Holy crap. clash city. I can't understand the information being presented on the front page because of the colors and the layout. At least it's back, though, and that's better than nothing!

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Oh man, it was 40 degrees today. Tropical heat wave!

Scosglen on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I don't suppose anyone here knows who Tsathoggua is, but I'm hoping someone does. See, I'm drawing a picture for a friend with Tsathoggua in it so I need a ref and Google didn't turn up anything useful.

This new design is hurting my eyes.

Tam on
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I don't know what kind of "ref" you can possibly hope to find for Lovecraft creatures. Seems sort of boring to me to just copy someone else's interpretation of the character anyways.

Wikipedia says:

The first description of Tsathoggua occurs in "The Tale of Satampra Zeiros", in which the protagonists encounter one of the entity's idols:

He was very squat and pot-bellied, his head was more like a monstrous toad than a deity, and his whole body was covered with an imitation of short fur, giving somehow a vague sensation of both the bat and the sloth. His sleepy lids were half-lowered over his globular eyes; and the tip of a queer tongue issued from his fat mouth.[2]

Later, in Smith's "The Seven Geases" (1933), Tsathoggua is described again:

[In] that secret cave in the bowels of Voormithadreth . . . abides from eldermost eons the god Tsathoggua. You shall know Tsathoggua by his great girth and his batlike furriness and the look of a sleepy black toad which he has eternally. He will rise not from his place, even in the ravening of hunger, but will wait in divine slothfulness for the sacrifice.
    —Clark Ashton Smith, "The Seven Geases"

I kind of want to draw this fellah myself after reading that, and I've never read a page of Lovecraft.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Scosglen wrote: »
    I don't know what kind of "ref" you can possibly hope to find for Lovecraft creatures. Seems sort of boring to me to just copy someone else's interpretation of the character anyways.

Wikipedia says:

The first description of Tsathoggua occurs in "The Tale of Satampra Zeiros", in which the protagonists encounter one of the entity's idols:

He was very squat and pot-bellied, his head was more like a monstrous toad than a deity, and his whole body was covered with an imitation of short fur, giving somehow a vague sensation of both the bat and the sloth. His sleepy lids were half-lowered over his globular eyes; and the tip of a queer tongue issued from his fat mouth.[2]

Later, in Smith's "The Seven Geases" (1933), Tsathoggua is described again:

[In] that secret cave in the bowels of Voormithadreth . . . abides from eldermost eons the god Tsathoggua. You shall know Tsathoggua by his great girth and his batlike furriness and the look of a sleepy black toad which he has eternally. He will rise not from his place, even in the ravening of hunger, but will wait in divine slothfulness for the sacrifice.
    —Clark Ashton Smith, "The Seven Geases"

I kind of want to draw this fellah myself after reading that, and I've never read a page of Lovecraft.

I know what you mean. My friend wants Umberhulk in there too and that thing just looks really cool. It's like a giant beetle. He's really into the Lovecraft stuff because he wants Tsathoggua, Umberhulk, and Cthulhu lording over them in it. 'S for a shirt.

Tam on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    roflmuch.jpg

Hahaha, I love that picture.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    ScopsScops Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Hey sounds cool.

Will we get to see it down here in Sydney? And when?

I don't know when it airs, but I think it may be broadcast on SBS, so yes, you should be able to see it. It's either that, or it's aired on community television, I'm not certain. I should really know this stuff.

Also, I got some awesome new shoes today. <3

EDIT: Hoo boy, I haven't had a moment of spare time these past two days, and tomorrow I'm heading off on a biology camp with school (compulsory for all biology students) until Friday, which will keep me pretty occupied. I guess there's no way I'm getting any drawing practice until then...

Oh well, g'night all.

Scops on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    So, my computer decided to die last night. I have to hand in the finals in that computer tomorrow.

ANGER!!!

MagicToaster on
This discussion has been closed.