Options

Holy [CHAT]! My Wii arrived!

• Options
    Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Yay for random hardware failure at the most inconvenient times!

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Ho ho ho, you're going to have to come up with a better excuse than that, missy.

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    no_toastno_toast Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Hey, do you know how to change the thread title? It doesn't seem to work the old way...

no_toast on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited February 2007
    From the artists corner view of all threads double click on your post to change the title of it.

Grifter on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    missy.

Oh c'mon. I've been here long enough... everyone should know by now that I'm Mr. Toaster!

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Random question: do mods get more PM space than regular users? I would imagine they would...

Just curious!

Oh, and Mr. Toaster, how are you doing on your weight-gain? You've been 120 for forever.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Random question: do mods get more PM space than regular users? I would imagine they would...

Just curious!

Oh, and Mr. Toaster, how are you doing on your weight-gain? You've been 120 for forever.

We're allowed 250 messages.

Grifter on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Grifter wrote: »
    We're allowed 250 messages.

That is quite a lot!

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    That is quite a lot!

I gots the big one :winky:

Grifter on
  • Options
    edited February 2007

I know! Once I got to 120lb I didn't go up anymore. In any case, I'm gonna have to drop my gym adventures: I'm graduating in 6 months from my M.A. and I still haven't started on my thesis!

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    AlyceInWonderlandAlyceInWonderland Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Xpoast!

Today my Animation teacher came up to me and told me that I've been elected by the art department staff to redo my school's mascot logo. The new logo by me would be put on cover sheets, letterheads, stamps, planners, etc.

I'm pretty much psyched.

AlyceInWonderland on
  • Options
    BelieveBelieve Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Congrats, Alyce! =D

Believe on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Finally I can see what number the end of the threads is at. That was kind of bugging me before.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    MufasaJoeMufasaJoe Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I don't get this dot icon crap. I want my blue envelopes, my red envelopes, and my blue envelopes with padlocks on top of them back. The dots make me think someone has posted a grey metallic sphere in a doodle thread as opposed to a message, and I of course click expecting to see some flaming. Usually, people have no posted grey metallic spheres and I am woefully misled...

MufasaJoe on
  • Options
    no_toastno_toast Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    From the artists corner view of all threads double click on your post to change the title of it.

Hmm, it doesn't seem to be working. Maybe they've disabled the function from the regular members?

no_toast on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Oh God, I have horrible stomach pains!

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    no_toast wrote: »

Hmm, it doesn't seem to be working. Maybe they've disabled the function from the regular members?

Weird. Well, I can change the names of all the threads that I want. Sucks to be you!

Grifter on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    MufasaJoe wrote: »
    I don't get this dot icon crap. I want my blue envelopes, my red envelopes, and my blue envelopes with padlocks on top of them back. The dots make me think someone has posted a grey metallic sphere in a doodle thread as opposed to a message, and I of course click expecting to see some flaming. Usually, people have no posted grey metallic spheres and I am woefully misled...

I think these are easier to read, somewhat, but I also don't like the dot-in-the-center idea.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I think there's something wrong with my brain. I haven't done any homework this semester and I'm not really worried. I just can't get myself motivated to get started on these assignments, especially for this crappy New Millenium Studies class. All we do is read books we already read in high/middle school and talk about how they changed our outlook on life. I can't take this class seriously, damnit!

Deans on
  • Options
    Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Join the club!

On a side note: It's 6:45am now, I just pulled an all-nighter, and I'm feelin' fine! *does a little dance*

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    more_cowbellmore_cowbell Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Buckwolfe wrote: »
    Oh...oh, no. I just remembered how frustrating it is to do comic page layouts and measurements...Shocked.gif

Also, go to hell Spex! Where's my Wii at, huh? There isn't a single unit for sale in all of Boston. Literally. Called every Best Buy, Game Stop, EB, etc. in the greater Boston area...

...Nothing...It's no fair.Confused.gif

hey, go up to the game stop seabrook, near the wal-mart. theys got a few up thar. But then again I live in beverly.

more_cowbell on
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Join the club!

On a side note: It's 6:45am now, I just pulled an all-nighter, and I'm feelin' fine! *does a little dance*

Uh oh, let the delirium ensue.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    GreatnationGreatnation Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Im so excited. I just discovered this whole ROM paradise thing, and im going to be playing Valkryie Profile again by tomorrow! So excited!

Greatnation on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Oi, I just got some disturbing news. It turns out my grandmother seems to have lung cancer; might even be some advanced stages, but the tests haven't come in yet so it's up in the air.

She's the only member in my family who ever really got into art, so this is hitting me more so than the rest of the siblings. I suppose the only thing to do here is to take advantage of every day she has to offer and the lessons she has to teach before her unavoidable death.

She's not even that old; in her mid sixties. Christ.

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Sorry to hear that :-\ ...my grandfather died back in March from cancer, and he was the most artistically-recognized/accomplished in my family, really. Kind of hit everybody in a soft spot, as he'd inspired a lot of us to have an interest in art in one way or another.

Spending time with her would be the best thing I would think you could do with/for your grandmother, yeah. Hang in there~

NightDragon on
  • Options
    AlyceInWonderlandAlyceInWonderland Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Man, I'm really sorry to hear that. My grandfather passed away back in September from prostate cancer that then spread to his bones. I found out after he died, that he had a lot of sketchbooks and supplies he wanted to give me. It hit me pretty hard, so I understand what you're going through.

Like ND said, try and be with her as much as possible. The one thing I regret most is not spending enough time with my grandpa.

Best of luck with everything.

AlyceInWonderland on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    The think I liked about her (the grandparents in general) is that they were there to lend an ear whenever I needed it; since art is pretty much dead in Texas, i'd go over there just to vent about why nobody else seems to care about any of it and that there's just so much wasted potential in the area. I only started last year during my free time, but I honestly have no idea how I functioned without this whole drawing business. She really was the only one who could fully understand the ideas and problems that I was describing, and just when I was starting to get that peace of mind, life throws a curveball and tells me it's gonna end her life shorter than most others.

Again, there's really nothing I can do about it other than just soak in what she has to offer, but as of yet she's under intensive care. I guess the important thing here is that I eased her mind in her knowing that at least one of her grandkids took an interest in what she's been teaching for fourty years (albert a late bloomer, an interest is still an interest).

I just don't think the gravity of the situation has fully hit me yet, but I can assure you that I sure as hell won't be looking forward to it when it does.

Godfather on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Being in the passenger seat of your friend's car while he tries to drift-race in an empty parking lot has got to be the scariest thing on the planet.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Being in the passenger seat of your friend's car while he tries to drift-race in an empty parking lot has got to be the scariest thing on the planet.

I dunno. I've done a 180 through an intersection with heavy traffic before on a motorcycle. That was pretty scary.

My question is, though, why the fuck did you get in your friends car to go try to drift-race?

Grifter on
  • Options
    edited February 2007

I dunno. I've done a 180 through an intersection with heavy traffic before on a motorcycle. That was pretty scary.

My question is, though, why the fuck did you get in your friends car to go try to drift-race?

Drifting attempts weren't something we planed... It's the natural thing that happens when you have 3 guys talking about all the stupid things we've done on the road.

Also, I can't believe you drove at 180! My Suzuki has only done 90mph!

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    VirumVirum Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    He did a 180. Not drove 180.

Virum on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Virum wrote: »
    He did a 180. Not drove 180.

Oh...

I had this image of Grifter driving around like that highway chase scene in the Matrix. I'll atribute my missunderstanding to the fact that It's 8:00pm and I'm still in the office working.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Yeah, sorry, I was going about 60kph. The roads were wet and I had a passenger on the back of my bike. I tried to stop short but the tires locked and I slid through the intersection doing a 180 degree spin. I wound up stopping on the other side of the road facing the direction from which I was coming. I missed two cars when I was sliding by inches. It's amazing that I'm still alive after that nonsense.

Grifter on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Stupidest thing I ever did on a car was when I tried to pass a truck on the right side while it was turning. Notice how I used the word tried.

What about you guys?

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Hey, so, I decided to finally put up an avatar.

me+abby=bff

also i hate cities because i am terrified of being in a car in dense areas. So many bad drivers. Including the people i usually drive with.

RubberAC on
  • Options
    VirumVirum Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    So my friend likes to write, and he wrote a short story a little bit ago.

I like to draw, but often times I lack inspiration or don't know what to draw, or when I do draw I end up abandoning what I wanted to draw because I can mold what I have into something else and it'll look better (if that makes any sense).

So I decided to turn one of his short stories into a graphic novellettettette of sorts.

Basically, I don't plan on going back and correcting anything, but I'd still like general critiques of the work.

Would it still be okay to put up the pages as I complete them them up here even though I don't plan on changing any of them (since they are inked on Bristol)? Or would that be bad form?
    Stupidest thing I ever did on a car was when I tried to pass a truck on the right side while it was turning. Notice how I used the word tried.

What about you guys?
    Eh....

Exiting a curved off ramp at high speed because I wanted to make it through the light at the end while it was green. It turned yellow, impulsively I gunned the gas, realized "what the fuck, I am not going to make it" applied brakes. Slippery road and no ABS caused me to fish tale right about 1/4th of the way into the intersection.

Not having reverse (I drove 8 months without reverse in my last car) made it impossible to go back so I was sitting there hoping to god that a police car would not come.

Good thing there weren't cars in the lanes next to me too...I would have hit them when I started fishtailing.

Virum on
  • Options
    RyeRye Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    When I was learning stick back in the day, I ran over my old guinea pig cage when I was backing up too fast. Mind you, the cage had been empty for quite some time, but it made me sad all the same.

On a similar note, I had an SUV cut me off in the middle of traffic today - Sound familiar? The car wedges in between me and the next car, reaches for the cell phone and collides with the person in front of them.

I chuckled and went on, only to have another car speed pass me and trip a speed trap for me. I thought it was kinda funny; two close calls on the way to school.

Rye on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Found this fun little link.
    http://www.dnscoop.com/
    My site is apparently only worth about $54. Apparently, penny-arcade is worth over $9.5 million according to this thing.

Grifter on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Yeah, sorry, I was going about 60kph. The roads were wet and I had a passenger on the back of my bike. I tried to stop short but the tires locked and I slid through the intersection doing a 180 degree spin. I wound up stopping on the other side of the road facing the direction from which I was coming. I missed two cars when I was sliding by inches. It's amazing that I'm still alive after that nonsense.

From how I imagined it, that seems very movie-esque.

Virum wrote: »
    Or would that be bad form?

I suppose that would be fine, because you're still asking for critiques that I imagine you would apply to future pages. You're not pulling a falconire, in other words.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I GOT ACCEPTED TO SCAD!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! XD

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :rotate: :shock: <3<3<3 :-D

[edit] oh man, AND totp! wawawawawawa! XD

NightDragon on
This discussion has been closed.