1/27/11 (Title Update 6)
• New contracts added to the rotation.
• Added optional pre-match timer for LAN / System-Link games.
• Support for “First Strike” map pack. All First Strike maps will be available in every playlist on 2/1.
• Fix timing specific issue where the game can be put into slow motion.
• Addressed "disconnected path" error when using the doors in Radiation after a host migration.
• Fixed stability issues navigating lobbies after client on Split Screen Zombies quits out of a game.
• Addressed issue/exploit when removing Counter Spy Plane effects with the Jammer.
• Fixed a freeze when quickly loading maps one after another in private match.
• Fixed issue where players get primary weapons in Second Chance.
• Fixed “NEW” stamp not disappearing for Custom Slot 9 when highlighting the slot.
• Removed water vision effect when respawning after dying in the acid pool in Radiation.
• Several contract fixes.
• Now allow players to connect to System Link Games even if they are not connected to LIVE.
• Fixed crash when host migration occurred during a join-in-progress.
• Fixed issue with players seeing incomplete Create a Class submenus when Party leader switches lobbies or kicks player.
• Fixed in-game Friends List from opening when viewing then closing the playercard of a player in a lobby.
• Addressed Zombies split screen issue where players sometimes get booted back in the lobby.
• Replaced debug text appearing for some content in the in-game Store.
• Fixed crash when attempting to watch a film or clip with 3 or more profiles signed in.
• Fixed freeze while watching films and changing sign-in status using inactive profiles.
• Fixed a freeze if a player opens the Xbox Guide while the match is ending and quits immediately as they arrive in the post-game lobby.
• Second Chance – players that put an enemy into Second Chance are now credited for a full kill once that enemy dies. If another player kills the enemy while the enemy is in Second Chance, they will get assist credit.
• Adjustments to the PSG1 with attachments.
• AK74U adjustments.
• RCXD adjustments.
• Silenced sniper rifle adjustments.
• Removed hit markers when shooting friendly equipment.
#1 [PA] Black Wang Server (Chicago) IP: 126.96.36.199 Admins: DietarySupplement, Jaunty Currently Serving: Team Tactical, except SnD #2 BloodSport [West] 188.8.131.52:3084 Admin: Rage Currently Serving: Domination
I'm not sure if this fix has been posted yet, but I thought I'd throw it out there. I tested it myself and the difference is HUGE.
-launch blops multiplayer
-ctrl alt delete
-in your task manager, right click steam.exe and set priority to LOW
-set priority on blackopsmp.exe to HIGH
I still see people jumping around a little bit, but my PERSONAL performance is butter-smooth. It's like night and day, literally 100% better. Try it, if it works for enough people please put it in the OP.
I'm not 100% sure why this works, but there have been rumors that blops is not using video RAM effectively. If that's the case, setting the priority on the mp client higher is probably alleviating the problem at least partially by allocating a larger percentage of system RAM.
Reposted from some random website:If your PC supports multi-threading:
seta r_multithreaded_device "1"
in config_mp.cfg (Steam\steamapps\common\call of duty black ops\players)
How do I improve the game's sound quality?
You can change sound to CD mode: 16 bits 44000 hz CD via control panel sound setting.
Misc. "potential" performance tweaks:
Run Steam in Offline mode > Start Black Ops > End the steam.exe process > Set BO process priority to high
/r_multiGpu - should be set to "0" if you do not have a multi-gpu graphics card.
/r_blur_allowed - people are reporting minor frame boosts with this set to "0"
/r_distortion - people are reporting minor frame boosts with this set to "0"
/r_dof_enable - people are reporting minor frame boosts with depth of field set to "0"
/r_glow_allowed - people are reporting huge frame boosts with this set to "0"
/cg_brass - people are reporting minor frame boosts with depth of field set to "0"
/r_cachemodellighting "1" - people are reporting minor frame boosts with depth of field set to "1"
/r_cacheSmodellighting "1" - people are reporting minor frame boosts with depth of field set to "1"
I tried all of these and it made no noticeable difference, maybe some of you will have better luck.
Lightweight – Move Faster.
Pro: Aim faster after sprinting.
Scavenger – Pick up ammo from fallen enemies. Replenish lethal grenades.
Pro: Extra magazines (2000CP).
Ghost – Undetectable by the Spy Plane and the Blackbird.
Pro: No red crosshair or name when targeted (2000CP)
Flak Jacket – Reduces explosive damage.
Pro: Extra fire resistance.
Hardline – Killstreaks require 1 less kill.
Pro: Second chance on care package results.
Hardened – Bullets penetrate better.
Scout – Hold breath longer.
Pro: Reduces weapon sway while aiming through a sniper scope.
Steady Aim – Increased hip-fire accuracy.
Sleight of Hand – Faster reloads.
Pro: Aim down sights faster (Doesn't work with sniper rifles).
Warlord – Equip two attachments to your primary weapon.
Pro: 2 attachmedents on secondary weapon.
Marathon – Longer sprint.
Pro: No falling damage.
Ninja – Silent movement.
Pro: Move through motion sensors and camera spikes undetected.
Second Chance – Pull out your pistol before dying.
Pro: Can use equipment as well as pistol.
Hacker – Ability to detect enemy equipment and explosives.
Pro: Booby trap enemy care packages and turn enemy killstreaks and equipment friendly.
Tactical Mask: Reduce the effects of flash and concussion grenades.
Pro: Night Vision Goggles.
From a different forum, some of this stuff I've confirmed for myself. Anything bold is confirmedHey People... This is all the info I have so far about the Black Ops Multi-player Reveal.
(This information comes from very reliable sources. 99% Accurate all will be confirmed in the next few days I'm sure.)
Weapons & Attachments
Note - You will keep all of your weapons when you prestige, since you bought them with your own COD points. (CoD Points Explained Later)
There will be 16 different gun camouflages. Not 100% sure of what they will be.
Pistols: ASP, M1911, Makarov, Python
Pistol Attachments: ACOG Sight, Snub Nose & Speed reloader (possibly only for Python), Dual Wield
Assault: Enfield, M14, Famas, Galil, AUG, FAL, AK-47, Commando , M16 (100% Confirmed, each worth 1000 COD Points)
SMG: MP5, Skorpion, MAC11, AK74u, UZI, PM63, MPL, Spectr
LMG: HK21, RPK, M60
Snipers: Dragunov, WA2000, L96A1
Lethal: Tomahawk, Frag, Semtex
Shotguns: Olympia, Stakeout, SPAS.
Launchers: M72, RPG, Strela, China Lake
Tactical Grenades: Smoke, Nova Gas, Flash bang, Concussion, Decoy
Extended Mag (500CP) ACOG Scope (750CP) Red Dot Sight (750CP) Reflex Precision Sight (750CP) Grip (750CP) MountedShotty (750CP) Flamethrower (750CP) Infrared Scope (1000CP) Grenade Launcher (1000CP) Suppressor (1000CP)
- Note: Shotguns are once again primary weapons.
Camera Spike (2000CP), C4 (2500CP), Tactical Insertion (2500CP), Motion Sensor (3000CP), Claymore (3500CP) & Radar Jammer (2500CP) - All 100% Confirmed.
Every time you play, you earn COD Points -- CP. What you used to unlock by level is now purchasable with the in-game currency. Unlock what you want when you want (Cannot be purchased with real money)
Contracts are time-limited challenges you buy and get more CP if you finish them. "Using any combination of stats, we can make any kind of Contracts we want, and can change them at any time." Mercenary, Operations, and Specialist contracts - Contracts are going to be huge, do challenges for what type of gun you want and earn more XP and more CP! (Something like challenges)
- Wager Match - a new Free for All game type. Put your COD Points against other players and the top three people get paid in the match - top 3 get paid. One in the Chamber (pistols only, one bullet, 3 lives gain ammo from kills), Gun Game (go through each weapon), Sticks and Stones (Ballistic knife, tomahawk and crossbow) Sharpshooter (everyone gets same random weapon - each kill = perk and score multiplier.)
Diving Ability: Dive into prone/Dive behind cover/dodge grenades/can’t shoot while diving (Heard it was glitchy and the animation takes about a second to get out of, haven't seen much so far)I have also heard that you can dive through windows and over cover.--Holi
Customization: You can customize your weapon so it looks the way you want it to look - 16 New camouflages patterns, and you place your emblem on it, customize your red dot sight
The reticles you can choose when you use a sight- (Dot, Semicircle, Line with Dot, Circle, Smiley Face, Arrows Horizontal, Arrows Vertical, Arrows with Dot, Boxes, Burst, Circle within a Circle, Circle with Dot, Circle with Crosshairs, Circle with Inner Line, Circle with Outer Line, Circle with Arrows, Circle with Triangles, Outer crosshairs, Small Crosshairs, Large Crosshairs, Diamond, Diamond Outline, Heart, Radiation, Skull, Square, Square Outline, Star, 3 Dots, Treyarch Logo, Triangle, Outer Triangles, X, or X with Dot, and Yin-Yang.)
The colors you can choose are Green, Blue, Purple, Teal, Yellow and Orange.
Emblem Editor – Images, layers, and a background. You change the scale, move, color, rotate, all that stuff. Create layers, then purchase the option with COD points to put it on your gun.
Killcams show customization so you will know exactly who shot you just by seeing their weapon.
*NEW* Face Paint - More info coming soon.
- Theatre mode: All Live games can be played back, searched, tagged, everything. The footage is yours. Storage up to 7 days or 100 games.
Bot Mode: Practice offline vs. Bots.
Create a Class
You see your character on this screen because Perk 1 has an impact on how your look in the game. If you are Ghost, you wear a Ghillie. If you take Flak Jacket, it's shown and you take less explosive damage.
Tier One Perks: Lightweight . Scavenger. Ghost. Flak Jacket. Hardline. All 2000CP
Tier Two Perks: Hardened(FMJ/Deep impact). Scout. Steady Aim. Sleight of Hand. Warlord (Bling).
Tier Three Perks: Marathon. Ninja. Hacker (like Sitrep). Tactical Mask(Resists Flash/Gas Grenades). Second Chance.(Last Stand)
There ARE pro versions of all perks.
---NO STOPPING POWER---
No Commando, No One Man Army, No Danger Close
You can no longer rely on your Kill Streaks to get you higher ones. You have to get 11 kills in a row by yourself if you want to earn higher Kill Streaks.
(Prices listed are in COD Points)
2 – Spy Plane
3 – RC XD
4 – Counter Spy Plane $1600
4 – Sam Turret $1600
4 – Care Package
5 - Arch Angel Guided Missile
5 – Napalm Strike
6 – Sentry Gun $3200
6 – Mortar Team
7 – Attack Helicopter
7 – Valkyrie Rockets $4000
8 – BlackBird $4500
8 – Rolling Thunder $4500
9 - Chopper Gunner $5000
11 – Attack Dogs $6000
11 Gunship $6000 (Helicopter you see in the first Black Ops Trailer)
Game Winning Kill Cam
There will be 50 player ranks and 10 Prestiges