As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

COD: Black Ops: ______ is literally the ______ Call of Duty ever

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Musicool wrote: »
    CoD keeps scraping the bottom of the stupid barrel. In my CG tonight I saw a friendly SR71 CP turn into ammo.

WHO WOULD REROLL A BLACKBIRD

Dude...it doesn't get me high K/D ratio.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    SR-71 <3

milk ducks on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Here's a clip of the game I played with you guys earlier in the week. Who wants to claim the kill?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9VroPzrU_o

Edit: This game we had six or seven SR-71's in a row. It was so freakin' awesome.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    HibernusHibernus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I unlock hardline pro now purely to change OTHER people's carepackages.

hurhurhur

(I am an ass)

Hibernus on
  • Options
    BerkshireBerkshire Earth Federal Forces MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Eh, I prefer to do it to the other team. But I also prefer to take the package and leave a fun surprise behind.

That's why I use Hacker Pro!

My handiwork:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSiHzKoqUxM

Berkshire on
    "And don't you ever stand for that sort of thing. Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back."
    GT: FootlongKaPow
  • Options
    Caffeine FreeCaffeine Free Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Haven't tried live commentary, but it was definitely fun. I had just prestiged and am level 1 in this, so hopefully I'll get some nice streaks going once I unlock some things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H0z8NAVRuc

Caffeine Free on
  • Options
    KrisKris Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I've been looking at that Turtle Beach X11 you guys recommended earlier. Quick question before I order though: to get the sound outputting to the headset, do you just need to plug them into the headphone jack on the back of a tv? I looked at my tv, and a headphone jack seems to be the only audio-out option available.

Kris on
  • Options
    oldsakoldsak Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    That doing paperwork comment was pretty hilarious.

oldsak on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Kris wrote: »
    I've been looking at that Turtle Beach X11 you guys recommended earlier. Quick question before I order though: to get the sound outputting to the headset, do you just need to plug them into the headphone jack on the back of a tv? I looked at my tv, and a headphone jack seems to be the only audio-out option available.

I use that extra cable that comes with the 360 brand HDMI cable, the one with the red and white sockets, and then plug it into my 360.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hibernus wrote: »
    I unlock hardline pro now purely to change OTHER people's carepackages.

hurhurhur

(I am an ass)

One time a pubby stole my carepackage so I figured I'd mess with him by rerolling his stuff.

Package drops and its dogs and he's friggen ecstatic, I run over and reroll it to piss him off...

Its now a hind

picard_facepalm.jpg

iRevert on
  • Options
    Lt Muffin360Lt Muffin360 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    That sucks. It is a slight downgrade to me but that is preference.

Was it one of those days as well where everything you rerolled for yourself came up ammo and when you went to mess with someone else, it came up with a really high killstreak?

I have had a couple of those days. Drives me crazy. Damn random number generator...

Lt Muffin360 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011

I use that extra cable that comes with the 360 brand HDMI cable, the one with the red and white sockets, and then plug it into my 360.

Oh, so you can't use a headphone jack then? I've already got a hdmi cable for my 360.

Kris on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Oh, so you can't use a headphone jack then? I've already got a hdmi cable for my 360.

No you can use the headphone jack if you want to.

He is simply mentioning a RCA adaptor (RCA to 3.5mm) that comes with the Turtle Bitches.

When I used TBs I went with the RCA adaptor over the 3.5mm plug as it was just a bit more convenient.

iRevert on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, I should have been clearer on that.

And you better be calling them Turtle Bitches ironically otherwise I will... hear you and speak at you really well.

Yeah.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Ohh, ok. Thanks for the info guys. X11 order is go! :D

Kris on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    It's almost been 24 hours and my video still isn't showing up on the site. :(

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    HibernusHibernus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hibernus on
  • Options
    Jedi_BoiJedi_Boi Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I love my turtle beach headset, but when I'm in game I can't hear myself through the headphones at all...if I move the mic closer to my mouth, I become too loud for everyone one.

Jedi_Boi on
    i.imgur.com/DG7Jj7H.jpg
    Godspeed, Ironsides.
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ok, my first video finally showed up. I think it's pretty funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz1Sk-8D3O0

anoffday on
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hardline pro already paid off for me as a teammate left an ammo package behind and it became a gunship. I started using the FAMAS again and I've been doing pretty well with it. I think it's like the Enfield in that I go on streaks with it. Sometimes it clicks and other times it can't do anything for me.

Last night I had a nice moment on Radiation domination when I picked up a bad guys noob tubed AUG and launched one down the hallway towards A over B and got a blind double. Definitely felt good.

Magell on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    anoffday wrote: »
    Ok, my first video finally showed up. I think it's pretty funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz1Sk-8D3O0

No offense, but what was funny about that? It appears like a standard RC kill. Am I missing something?

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    SquabmanSquabman Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Maybe it's British humor.

Squabman on
    lagbagg.png
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Squabman wrote: »
    Maybe it's British humor.

But it's not in fast forward.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I've just never had a guy literally try to run away from a RC-XD. I laughed. I guess I'm easily amused.

And no, I'm not British.

anoffday on
  • Options
    ZarathustraEckZarathustraEck Ubermensch now with stripes!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I actually managed to dive away from an RC-XD on Hanoi while it was chasing me down. I felt like a pimp.

...and then forgot to render a video of it.

ZarathustraEck on
    See you in Town,
    -Z
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I keep trying to jump over them...it hasn't worked yet.

One time on Stadium I watched one roll right up on me as I was just about to capture the flag at B. It exploded, I dusted off my Flak Jacket, captured the flag, and went along my merry fucking way.

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Is there something wrong with zombies? I've been trying to get in a game for like 10 minutes, but either people refuse to ready up or it says migrating hosts and then the lobby closes. I'm 2 minutes away from swearing off this game mode for good and sticking to multiplayer. I haven't even played a single match yet.

anoffday on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    anoffday wrote: »
    Is there something wrong with zombies? I've been trying to get in a game for like 10 minutes, but either people refuse to ready up or it says migrating hosts and then the lobby closes. I'm 2 minutes away from swearing off this game mode for good and sticking to multiplayer. I haven't even played a single match yet.

That is just a typical experience when trying to play any multiplayer mode with this game, at least in my experience. I tried to play Wager Match-- Sharpshooter for almost ten minutes. Host migration, wait for players, host migration, wait for players, players join and leave before the match starts.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I have tons of trouble trying to join zombie games. It's brutal.

The other day I was running from an RC and dove hoping he'd explode it, but it kept coming and as I started running again it blew me up. My friend was watching me run away and started laughing a lot at it.

I want to continue to spread my love of the Skorpion. We should consider it this game's F2000. It's bad, but I'll be goddamned if it isn't fun when it works. The gun may have a quick damage drop off, but it has no recoil and up close it rapes face. I felt badass because I got a chopper gunner with it on Array, but the other team had a SAM turret and I had a two bar, so I couldn't hit anybody and I was very sad, especially since the same thing happened the game before.

Magell on
  • Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hibernus wrote: »

This is a thing? How does one do it? Is it a fancy button combination or just timing?

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    JauntyJaunty Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I've figured out exactly what it is I liked better about MW2, besides the more stylized aesthetic: in BlOps, the available playstyles are heavily stripped down. Considering just how many limitations have been put up to prevent aberrant playstyles from cropping up, it was likely an intentional decision made for the sake of easing balance.

The drastically weaker, smaller, and largely interchangeable secondary weapon selection; the limiting of the equipment and underslung attachment selections to a non-replenishable system; the fairly uniform handling of the primary weapons divided between their respective weapon types, as well as not including ones that completely change gameplay—like the riot shield.

I definitely understand why such tradeoffs would be made, and the appeal it could hold for some, but for the same reason that I'm not interested in league/competition play in most games as they seek to put even more artificial restraints on playstyle to ensure a completely level playing field, this game just isn't the kind I'm looking for.

Jaunty on
    qcklw92m98s0.png
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    tl;dr - BLOPS was intentionally made to be boring because Treyarch sucks at balancing things unless everything is exactly the same.

And they STILL fucked it up.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    tl;dr - BLOPS was intentionally made to be boring because Treyarch sucks at balancing things unless everything is exactly the same.

And they STILL fucked it up.

haters-gonna-hate.jpg

Or another way of looking at it is that they made an attempt to deshittify MW2 so people could enjoy it without 90% of the bullshit. Rather then patch and try to defuck MW2 they went and made Blops to buy time till MW3 can learn from MW2 and Blops and strike a happy medium. Yeah different studios making each game, but its still easier to just make blops as they did rather then funnel out all the crap in MW2 that pisses people off.

iRevert on
  • Options
    BookerBooker Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Kid has class.

Booker on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Booker wrote: »
    Kid has class.

I think we all need to be classy gentlemen and go into a game of ground war with a full group and use nothing but tubes the entire game.

iRevert on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    And a fleet of RCXDs.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    And a fleet of RCXDs.

With decoys

iRevert on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    China Lake secondary.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    China Lake secondary.

Using Ghost, Scav Pro, and Second Chance.

iRevert on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    iRevert wrote: »
    China Lake secondary.

Using Ghost, Scav Pro, and Second Chance.

What a noob, you can't use ghost and scav pro. The idea of RCs makes Hardline seem more brutal, but ghost is good as well. Got to have counter spy plane after the RCs too.

Magell on