As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

COD: Black Ops: ______ is literally the ______ Call of Duty ever

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I thought we all called him tuna.

I still do.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I still call him Tuna, because I find my inability to read "Tuba" funnier that way.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    dinoarusdinoarus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I like to use both, just to add to the confusion.

Also because more people should have ambiguously pronounced names

dinoarus on
    Steam/XBL: OGSTudbone
  • Options
    GccPoseidonGccPoseidon Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    We call him tuna because it's obvious that a tuba cannot stumble while a tuna obviously can.

...What?
    It's the [strike]economy[/strike] educational system, stupid.

GccPoseidon on
  • Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    dinoarus wrote: »

Pffft...my name is ambiguous enough for at least seven people.

iRevert on
  • Options
    BinaryBinary Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    AllUrBase wrote: »

I can't help wondering why you would run SoH over Warlord, Hardened or Steady Aim with extended mags?
    If you feel you can't deal with the M60 iron sights, then just run Warlord.

For me, the argument for using the M60 is that it's the one LMG where you don't need Extended Mags and can go with the grip. I think I'm running Hardened on my M60 build because (humorously) I still don't have the bullet penetration kills for Hardened Pro.

Binary on
    binary101010.jpg
  • Options
    DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    iRevert wrote: »
    dinoarus wrote: »

Pffft...my name is ambiguous enough for at least seven people.

Tiddly sounds better.

edit:

Also I'm now prestige 11. Time for some more CTF fun!

Domhnall on
    Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    There's a Black Ops demo up now on Live.

Granted, I don't think anyone here needs it. Also, there's a Modern Warfare 2 one that apparently just went up as well.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Berkshire wrote: »
    Have you met the people who play this game? If my only exposure to Americans was Call of Duty, I'd think we were assholes too.
    True, but it's hard to believe that the only time he has run into assholes was when he played with Americans. Not to put down my European brothers, but I know some of you have to be a holes just like us.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I've found that Americans use their mics more. Also their emblems are generally better.

Totally anecdotal but, hey!

Domhnall on
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
  • Options
    GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I am going to start imagining all people from Europe (any country in it) sound like XboxAhoy.

Ganluan on
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Binary wrote: »

I can't help wondering why you would run SoH over Warlord, Hardened or Steady Aim with extended mags?

For me, the argument for using the M60 is that it's the one LMG where you don't need Extended Mags and can go with the grip. I think I'm running Hardened on my M60 build because (humorously) I still don't have the bullet penetration kills for Hardened Pro.

It's the only LMG that can get a grip anyway. But the HK21 and Stoner have the same centering speed as a gripped M60 so that's no disadvantage. The M60 also kills slower at range than the others due to the slow rate of fire. Really, the reason to use an M60 is the large mag size. The others you might as well use ExMags since putting a sight on an LMG is kind of a waste.

SiliconStew on
    Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

It's the only LMG that can get a grip anyway. But the HK21 and Stoner have the same centering speed as a gripped M60 so that's no disadvantage. The M60 also kills slower at range than the others due to the slow rate of fire. Really, the reason to use an M60 is the large mag size. The others you might as well use ExMags since putting a sight on an LMG is kind of a waste.

The problem I have with the LMGs besides the M60, is that they just feel like ARs with Fat-Man running. The M60 is the only one that actually feels like an LMG. Why would I run the Stoner when the Galil can do the exact same job without giving my guy arthritic knees?

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Mechanical wrote: »
    There's a Black Ops demo up now on Live.

Granted, I don't think anyone here needs it. Also, there's a Modern Warfare 2 one that apparently just went up as well.

A MW2 demo went up ages ago (but still several months after it was released), so is this a new demo we're talking of?

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I don't know. Probably.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Mechanical wrote: »
    I don't know. Probably.

Worst. TotP. Evar.

respect064k.gif

TheCanMan on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    In the history of these threads, far from it.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I tried the Stoner 63 for the first time today, and it's easily my favorite of the Black Ops LMGs. It's a lot of fun, but I just don't think it's as effective as ... literally any of the assault rifles. The damage and rate of fire are top-notch, and since it's an LMG, it doesn't lose damage over range. Those are just huge green checkmarks in anyone's books. However, it also sort of requires you to run Scavenger, since it eats ammo faster than most guns, and can't have Dual Mags -- in practice, I run out of ammo before I even get my Blackbird out. And that's not great.

I don't know; I think I'll keep working with it. The gun's fantastic. I just wish it didn't require me to use Scavenger. Whenever I run anything but Flak Jacket, I'm immediately made to regret the decision as the tubes come flying in.

milk ducks on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I don't mind running Scav with it because it means my China Lake has 4 shots :rotate:

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    HibernusHibernus Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    We're getting 24/7 nuketown on 360, hrmmmmm.

Hibernus on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Also apparently another double XP weekend.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    When?

Tridus1x on
  • Options
    ConchobharConchobhar Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Well, we PS3 people are meant to be getting the map pack on the 3rd, according to the in-game message, and since we got a double-xp weekend when the X-box people got the maps, then it should be this coming weekend.

Conchobhar on
  • Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    anoffday wrote: »
    Berkshire wrote: »
    Have you met the people who play this game? If my only exposure to Americans was Call of Duty, I'd think we were assholes too.
    True, but it's hard to believe that the only time he has run into assholes was when he played with Americans. Not to put down my European brothers, but I know some of you have to be a holes just like us.

What?

I never said that. I just said that I found yet more nice CoD playing Americans who think that my GT is StumbledTuna when there's no "n" there at all. As national character flaws go it's not so bad - just funny and confuzzling.

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I had an awesome game last night with Helgrinder on Launch where he got a blackbird and I then spawn-trapped the other team at A by myself, but the game decided to erase that game from its memory so I can't save it.

All the talk of LMGs made me throw on the stoner and do work. It wasn't a fair test as it threw me into a game in progress on Radiation and I did some good stuff, but my team was not good at keeping ghosts from killing me from behind B while we controlled A. It was brutal. Guess I should think about switching from claymore to motion sensor.

Magell on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Magell wrote: »
    I had an awesome game last night with Helgrinder on Launch where he got a blackbird and I then spawn-trapped the other team at A by myself, but the game decided to erase that game from its memory so I can't save it.

All the talk of LMGs made me throw on the stoner and do work. It wasn't a fair test as it threw me into a game in progress on Radiation and I did some good stuff, but my team was not good at keeping ghosts from killing me from behind B while we controlled A. It was brutal. Guess I should think about switching from claymore to motion sensor.

Motion sensor on the rear entrance to the B corridor + an LMG makes you a god of death and destruction. Do it.

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    sniper rifle only prestige.

there is not a single picture on the images.google that expresses the amount of rage I have already, and will continue to have, until I rage myself to death before I hit level 20.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    This was gonna be my last prestige (10 classes yeah!) but the idea of an "All X" prestige sounds really cool...

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The patch has once again improved matchmaking. I haven't actually seen it in a group, but it's doing a percentage search beforehand so I'm hopeful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGcBdf0Icjw&feature=feedu

I guess I can link to Woody's patch video.

Magell on
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So that Find Makarov website was debunked; apparently it was a viral campaign for a fan film.

I think this summarizes my thoughts on the matter pretty well.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    TheCanMan wrote: »

The problem I have with the LMGs besides the M60, is that they just feel like ARs with Fat-Man running. The M60 is the only one that actually feels like an LMG. Why would I run the Stoner when the Galil can do the exact same job without giving my guy arthritic knees?

Exactly. Without a 100 round mag like the M60, the others are just slow AR's. Which means they can't work as the suppression weapons they could and should be. Their default mag sizes should be at least twice what they are now. I still haven't figured out why they were cut down so much to begin with.

SiliconStew on
    Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Game modes I'm crap at: Domination

Game modes I'm good at: TDM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx7EyujRxo0

Domhnall on
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Hahahaha, that's great.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I haven't gotten a game with a latency better than 140ms since the "improvements"

garbage patch is garbage

Hibernus on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Hibernus wrote: »
    I haven't gotten a game with a latency better than 140ms since the "improvements"

garbage patch is garbage

Dude.

That's like

a Solid 4 bar connection.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Solid 3 maybe.

Hibernus on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I don't know the numbers for Blops, true.

But, in MW2

4 bars was 0-200ms ping.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    There's no way in hell the range for four bars went to 200ms.

Hibernus on
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    lol

have you ever had a situation where you had a 4-bar and it was garbage?

yeah

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, but that would mean that three goes to 300ms, which is less than I'd get connecting to American hosts.

Except connecting to Americans gives me yellow or red, which would fit with 250-400+ ms.

Either the scale is nonlinear, which would be retarded, or it's in 200ms increments, which is also retarded.

Hibernus on