Options

Los Angeles, [Chat]vember 2019

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ahahahaha one of my hippie feminist friends wrote a really long facebook screed about how she's burnt out from volunteering with five different organizations and she's been tearing her own eyebrows out as a response to the stress and her grades are dropping

and the first response is

"first world problems"

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So how about that Chinese thorium reactor?

Cinders on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Pony on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    gundam470 wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    kc_twitter.top.gif

WHOOPS!

No.

No way that's real.

I totally believe it. It's so audacious and insensitive, but this is the fashion world.

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ahahahaha one of my hippie feminist friends wrote a really long facebook screed about how she's burnt out from volunteering with five different organizations and she's been tearing her own eyebrows out as a response to the stress and her grades are dropping

"first world problems"
    You should introduce her to Pony. He can teach her how to relax.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Oh come on that joke was hilarious

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    the best part is that it was signed off -KC

which means it came from Kenneth Cole himself, not some marketing guy who is about to get fired or something

Pony on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Eddy wrote: »

13 Egyptians are dead.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

"first world problems"

Remind her that eyebrows are a patriarchal construct.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Thanatos wrote: »

"first world problems"

cass has forbidden me from meeting any of her screwy feminist friends out of fear i will shatter their minds

Pony on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

"first world problems"
    comic.php?date=05112007

Eddy on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

"first world problems"

Pony is not allowed to meet any of my feminist hippie friends, but especially not this one. She's too close to a nervous breakdown as is.

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    gundam470 wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    kc_twitter.top.gif

WHOOPS!

No.

No way that's real.

twitter says yes

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Pony I just wanna say grats on the whole Fart thing. You a stone cold killah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpWlatljaI0

Ludious on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    hay CC, I used one of your name suggestions for James "Jimmy" Haddock in M&M. Thanks!

desc on
  • Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Drez wrote: »
    Bleh. Hot Ukrainian girl I met a couple of months ago invited me to her birthday party in the flatiron district tonight. Can't go, of course.

But that is a district named after an incredibly sexy building; the oldest skyscraper in New York which also happened to be designed by Chicago architect Daniel Burnham.

moniker on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Cass isn't allowed to introduce me to her hippie feminist friends because I'm lonely, not desperate

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011

"first world problems"
    Pony is not allowed to meet any of my feminist hippie friends, but especially not this one. She's too close to a nervous breakdown as is.
    You are such a killjoy, Cass.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    emnmnme wrote: »

13 Egyptians are dead.

The joke was still funny to me.

[100 page thread similar to dickwolves controversy, go!]

Eddy on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Ludious wrote: »
    Pony I just wanna say grats on the whole Fart thing. You a stone cold killah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpWlatljaI0

it turns out Tube and co. knew Farty was Aem already when I forwarded the PM on to him.

sometimes banned people are given a very small window of latitude if they come back as an alt and don't make a fuss

but the first time they do anything out of line

WHAM

still, i didn't know that when i ratted him out, and i don't feel bad about doing it, and i don't feel bad about saying who he is openly in [chat].

i have no idea why he thought it was a good idea to confess to me who he is. i guess he forgot i really didn't like him and was happy he was banned? i didn't hide that.

Pony on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

"first world problems"

I'm the one who follows them on Twitter and reads their Facebook feeds and attends their gatherings, therefore I am acting out of self-preservation.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    i thought fart was banned for shitting on daxon, since his open-secret alt meant p much 'one infraction and you're done'

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Cass isn't allowed to introduce me to her hippie feminist friends because I'm lonely, not desperate

Ahahahaha! Hahahaha! Hahahahaha! Good one!

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I wouldn't rat you out Pony

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

"first world problems"

I'm the one who follows them on Twitter and reads their Facebook feeds and attends their gatherings, therefore I am acting out of self-preservation.

let meeee come to pieee ciiiiiiiiircle

Pony on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2011
    emnmnme wrote: »

13 Egyptians are dead.

The joke was still funny to me.

[100 page thread similar to dickwolves controversy, go!]

it probably wouldn't take that long to agree that you're kind of being a jerk

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Organichu wrote: »
    i thought fart was banned for shitting on daxon, since his open-secret alt meant p much 'one infraction and you're done'

that's basically what happened, yes.

i'm not taking credit for him getting banned, he got himself banned

i did, however, blab about his secret identity after he told me

Pony on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Pony you're going to meet them and their heads won't explode

Eddy on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    well

fart's alt-ness was not hidden at all

i'm surprised you didn't know since you usually seem 'up' on forum knowledge

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

When he got on Vent and was like 'fuckin white people' I rofl'd my lmao

• Options
    edited February 2011

No but I know these girls

They would try to teaspoon him

It would end poorly

• Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ludious, yes. That song is awesome.

Also that Kenneth Cole tweet is HILARIOUSLY offensive.

Lastly, I complained that all the goat cheese in my salad clumped at work yesterday and was pelted by cries of First World Problems.

It was terrible.

That's my [chat] roundup, so far. Tune in soon when I get into work and look to all of you for entertainment.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    He was an alt?

Man I never know what's going on with forum drama.

desc on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I'm the one who follows them on Twitter and reads their Facebook feeds and attends their gatherings, therefore I am acting out of self-preservation.[/QUOTE]
    Hey, you're not responsible for what Pony does. What's the worst that could happen?

I'll bet if you videotaped it, it would go viral.

No but I know these girls

They would try to teaspoon him

It would end poorly
    O_o

That's like teabagging when a chick does it, right?

Why in the world would they do that?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    well

Fartacus = Daxon?

This explains so much!

emnmnme on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

C'mon, 5 minutes into a discussion about the patriarchy and I'd be trying to sleep with one just to keep her quiet.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011

C'mon, 5 minutes into a discussion about the patriarchy and I'd be trying to sleep with one just to keep her quiet.

i think it's more like the implication that hyper feminists are unattractive cat ladies who will take any dick that's thrown at them

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    well

truth be told i avoided interacting with him even before i knew who he was because his viewpoints were fucking stupid and i try to avoid getting into long conversatiobrawls in [chat] and so on

so i didn't talk to him much, he mostly existed as "person with stupid viewpoints #30" whose posts i generally scrolled past

it was only when all of [chat] got sucked into his vortex of idiocy the one day where i got into it with him and he decided to confess to me in PM who he was

i was like

why would you tell me that, i don't like you

what did you hope to gain?

Pony on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I got out of the alt detective game man. I don't even try to know when someone is an alt anymore. I just know when Pony did what he did I laughed because it was just so non chalant. Like, hey fucker you dropped your knife, let me put it right here between your shoulder blades

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

No, no, I meant how you said you weren't desperate.

This discussion has been closed.