Options

What are the greatest things in[chat]

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ludious wrote: »
    Pony you're right. It probably only applies to my region. But to say nobody ever ever has said anything about ufc and WS ties well
    Isn't True

Clothing Line banned after Brammer wears it

If you google UFC and White Supremacy or UFC and neo nazi, you can find a lot of talking heads and blogs discussing the issue.

I get that you haven't experienced it personally. That's great! And the UFC itself has banned this stuff as it comes up, but the attraction is there, and as someone who lives in the south, Unfortunately, I don't even want the perception of running with that crowd.

That is horse-shit. I am going to call fucking horse-shit here.

That "isn't true" article you linked? Has fucking nothing to do with the UFC. The examples it gives is about a King of the Cage (which isn't even a pro leage, by the way, it's semi-pro) fighter with Nazi tattoos, and how MMA is popular amongst skinheads. It mentions the UFC being the big league of the sport, but nothing about the UFC having "ties" to White Supremacists.

Also, Zuffa banning Hoezler Reich from their events actually shows that the UFC is against white supremacist groups and wants fucking nothing to do with them.

Those two links actually refute your point, not support it.

I'm also not going to accept your "BUT I LIVE IN DA SOUF AND DAT IS HOW IT IS HERE" bullshit, either.

Your arguments are terrible, you don't make any distinction between MMA in general as a sport and the UFC as an agency, and your bullshit about UFC being "linked" with WS groups is bullshit too.

You are Glenn Becking, Ludious. You are saying bullshit that has the tiiiiiiiniest smidgen of something that is sorta mentioning something else, and you are expanding on it to say things that aren't true.

Bullshit.

Pony on
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Pony wrote: »
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    I'm basically flabbergasted at the "UFC=White Supremacy" thing since it's like... so out there.

It's like claiming the NFL has ties to Al Qaeda.

I think I've heard of the UFC white supremacy thing before

where, though?

like this is so flimsy it's killing me. Nobody's linking anything, they're just making a bunch of weird claims.

it's like me saying "You know I heard anime fans are linked to underground midget deathmatches"

I'm sure there were accusations of White Supremacy ties in the UFC back in the day that they were doing them in the Bayou with little money, but I'm almost positive that since it's modern popularity, nothing about the UFC has ever been liked to WS.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    if you google UFC and White nationalist the first search results are tons of stormfront threads

and Hitler was a vegetarian

You are using fucking "Fox News Logic", dude.

Pony on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2011
    If I ran the UFC I would replace the ring girls with robots that held up the appropriate sign. Much less sexist.

robots are expensive and creepy

It could just be like a really simple robot that rolls back and forth.

Not like a Real Girl-esque lady robot.

all robots are creepy, cass

there's no getting around it

they don't even need faces

We just need to program them ... to love
    you're doing something terrible, cass

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I'm basically flabbergasted at the "UFC=White Supremacy" thing since it's like... so out there.

where, though?

like this is so flimsy it's killing me. Nobody's linking anything, they're just making a bunch of weird claims.

it's like me saying "You know I heard anime fans are linked to underground midget deathmatches"

I'm sure there were accusations of White Supremacy ties in the UFC back in the day that they were doing them in the Bayou with little money, but I'm almost positive that since it's modern popularity, nothing about the UFC has ever been liked to WS.

except UFC didn't start "in the Bayou"

I don't even know what you are talking about here.

Pony on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    all things start in the Bayou, pony

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Also I don't understand how fans associating themselves with something can at all reflect the organization in which they are touting.

A lot of people where I'm from really like the college basketball team in my town. A lot of those people have said some pretty racist things at bars or otherwise. I still like the team, I just don't associate with those people when I like them.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    OK Pony, you win. I am Glenn Beck. I don't care enough to..care.

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

where, though?

except UFC didn't start "in the Bayou"

I don't even know what you are talking about here.

UFC 16: Battle in the Bayou.

I was alluding to the earlier days of the UFC before MMA became a mainstream sport and the likes of Tank Abbot were still tearing shit up.

I'm on your side here, Pony!

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

Bayou need to stop talking down to your elders

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Bayou need to stop talking down to your elders

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcMeth2zDc8

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    what the fuck

did you have that ready to go

because that was super quick

D:D:D:

• Options
    edited February 2011
    I pasted it somewhere else earlier

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    You aren't allowed to listen to such vulgar music, young man. Go to your room.

• Options
    edited February 2011
    OK Pony, you win. I am Glenn Beck. I don't care enough to..care.

Alright that's cool, you can do the "I don't care enough anymore even though I cared enough two seconds ago to go look for links" thing now.

Cool evasion, bro.

Ludious I think you're an alright guy, I think this is just one case where you are letting your negative personal experiences color your view of something larger and you are scrambling to look for something to support the larger judgment when it is challenged by someone who knows more about the subject than you.

You basically pulled the same kind of stunt that Glenn Beck pulls (I'm not even going to go further into that first link you put up, which calls MMA a "blood sport" and is full of yellow journalism) and I'm not happy about it, especially since it's about a sport I love and have personally been involved in for many, many years.

It's pretty hard, when I'm a former MMA fighter who is also a Jew, to not get offended when someone is like "pfft MMA is for Nazis"

Yes, there are skinheads who are fans of MMA. There even are people who are openly Nazis that are in the amateur and semi-pro tiers of the various MMA leagues. I've personally fought a guy who had an Iron Eagle tattooed on his pec. Yes, these people exist. But implying they make up anything but a laughably small fraction of the MMA fanbase or fighter roster especially in the UFC is both dishonest and idiotic.

Pony on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    dave chappelle enlightens and informs with his humorous deconstructions of celebrity culture and the nature of race in America

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The UFC did find initial popularity in the american south. I mean, I'm just reading wikipedia here, I wasn't there, so to speak.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Thank you for your input Pony. I will consider it.

Also, don't stroke out. That would suck and I don't need Canadian blood on my hands.

Because it's made of acid.

Ludious on
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The UFC did find initial popularity in the american south. I mean, I'm just reading wikipedia here, I wasn't there, so to speak.

And as we know, everything from the South is inextricably tied to white superiority.

Crimson King on
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Has Glenn Beck run out of people to call Nazis yet? From all the bits I've seen of him calling people Nazis it seems like there mustn't be much left of the American population that he hasn't.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited February 2011

And as we know, everything from the South is inextricably tied to white superiority.

If it's a sport, yeah pretty much

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

sure it did

I'm just not going to be down with some kind of implication that was some backwoods redneck cage-match where Jim Bob fought Bob Jim for six cans and rights to fuck his sister.

MMA (and the UFC) more or less started in Brazil with Vale Tudo. The first UFC wasn't even supposed to be the beginning of a sport, it was intended to be a one-shot dick-waving contest between various martial arts.

Which is why you had ridiculous fights like a Savateur fighting a sumo wrestler and roundhouse kicking him in the fucking skull in ten seconds.

The UFC was pretty fucking stupid until Dana and Zuffa took over. As much as some MMA fans hate Dana White for being a ruthless asshole and kind of a jerk in general, MMA being as popular as it is today and gaining the mainstream acceptance in North America it has gained is basically almost entirely as a result of the efforts of the UFC and Dana.

Pony on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Woo! Power brown out when it's 40 degree heat outside!

Good test of the server's UPS system though.

I really need to get round to wiring up my Prius to serve as a 10kW generator.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    well

i installed win seven

and it's telling me that my comp doesn't work with 64 bit

and i know it's one of the allowed models

so i'm downloading a new version of boot camp

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    The UFC was pretty fucking stupid until Dana and Zuffa took over. As much as some MMA fans hate Dana White for being a ruthless asshole and kind of a jerk in general, MMA being as popular as it is today and gaining the mainstream acceptance in North America it has gained is basically almost entirely as a result of the efforts of the UFC and Dana.

Yeah. That's all I meant by referring to the "Bayou". When it still wasn't legal in a ton of states and the regulation wasn't nearly as well in place.

I practiced Muy Thai for two years and did a little bit of BJJ, Pony. Then I went to college and it was too expensive to keep training, though I miss it very much.

What'd you study?

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

Lol and it's only 19 here.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

I only just got my air conditioning working again after the flood! I don't know how I could ever conceivably have been happy without it.

Crimson King on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Thank you for your input Pony. I will consider it.

Also, don't stroke out. That would suck and I don't need Canadian blood on my hands.

Because it's made of acid.

it's all right man, I'm sorry I got overly hostile. I do take that kind of shit personally, not just because I love MMA but because I fucking hate Nazis so trying to tie the two together is like a super-combo for setting me off.

You have no idea how satisfying it was to stand in a ring with some 250 pound skinhead from Hamilton, Iron Eagle all on his chest, and just beat the everliving shit out of him.

Fucking hate Nazis, man.

Pony on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Organichu wrote: »
    well

i installed win seven

So uh, when did it tell you this? From in the installed Win 7? Or did it let you install and then you went to boot and got denied?

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    uuugh my ex-girlfriend is back in town and she wants to 'hang out'

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Pokeman has well-known ties to several pro pedophile groups. Nintendo tried to ban the pokepedo rallies, but there's really only so much they can do you know?

And every pokemon fan I've ever met would definitely have tried to molest me if I hadn't already been an adult when pokemon came out.

See how much fun it is to make wildly inflammatory comments about shit other people like?

-edit-

And Luds, I'm not feeling hostile about it, I just think your claims are specious, and I think you know they are specious.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Yeah. That's all I meant by referring to the "Bayou". When it still wasn't legal in a ton of states and the regulation wasn't nearly as well in place.

I practiced Muy Thai for two years and did a little bit of BJJ, Pony. Then I went to college and it was too expensive to keep training, though I miss it very much.

What'd you study?

Muay Thai for about ten years, little bit of (non-Brazilian) jiu jitsu, smidgen of judo, bit aikido, etc.

but Muay Thai was the only thing I really stuck with. When I was fighting this was a pretty big liability and the losses I do have are primarily to dudes who could out-ground me.

Pony on
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Everyone who likes pokemon is literally Hitler.

Cinders on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Pokeman has well-known ties to several pro pedophile groups. Nintendo tried to ban the pokepedo rallies, but there's really only so much they can do you know?

And every pokemon fan I've ever met would definitely have tried to molest me if I hadn't already been an adult when pokemon came out.

See how much fun it is to make wildly inflammatory comments about shit other people like?

If you're trying to prove a point, you should really pick something that isn't actually true!

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Organichu wrote: »
    well

i installed win seven

So uh, when did it tell you this? From in the installed Win 7? Or did it let you install and then you went to boot and got denied?

no, i misstated

it works fine

installing the boot camp drivers, however, is where i get the message

i could scour the file structure of the snow leopard dvd for the individual drivers but i'm gonna google around for a solution

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

What'd you study?

Muay Thai for about ten years, little bit of (non-Brazilian) jiu jitsu, smidgen of judo, bit aikido, etc.

but Muay Thai was the only thing I really stuck with. When I was fighting this was a pretty big liability and the losses I do have are primarily to dudes who could out-ground me.

Yeah the bit of BJJ I dabbled in was cool but there was always something much more inherently satisfying about punching someone hard in the face. I really dug Muy Thai.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    uuugh my ex-girlfriend is back in town and she wants to 'hang out'

You had a sexy phase?

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    oh, found it

navigate to certain msi file on disc

run in compatibility mode

excellent

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

If you're trying to prove a point, you should really pick something that isn't actually true!

Oh snap!

Regina Fong on
This discussion has been closed.