Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

White [Phalla] - Game Over! Village win

17891012

Posts

  • RingoRingo Stardust, Golden Caught in a Devil's BargainRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Or they're shooting themselves in the foot

    Ringo on
    ceres wrote: »
    I'm just going to go ahead and lock this thread before I feel any worse about humanity.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG now featured at the Exigency Forum
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Heffling. My first vote.

    And people actually thought I was mafia?

    Terrendos on
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Holy crap I'm sorry for the delay. Results up asap.

    crimsoncoyote on
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    - Day 7 -

    Eliminated:
    Heffling - Forger - Voted out
    mascara305 - Special Agent Diana Barrigan - Forger'd
    Terrendos - Party-Goer - Arrested

    Today may be the last day. I'll close the day once I get orders and votes from everyone.

    crimsoncoyote on
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    OoOoooOOOoOooOooOo

    Seriously? I thought we were over this.

    oOOOoOOooOOooOoOo

    Terrendos on
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    !crimsoncoyote

    Because late narrations are suspicious!

    Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • LucedesLucedes *heaps mad squawk* Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Stew_Stick.

    I'm out for the night soon, so... that's probably final.

    Lucedes on
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    ooooOOOOoooo

    You can see my arrest on COPS!

    ooooOOOOoooo

    Heffling on
    If a movement doesn't have someone that can sit down opposite those in a position of power and strike a deal, how can that movement achieve success?
  • RingoRingo Stardust, Golden Caught in a Devil's BargainRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    THE NETWORTH HAS BROKEN

    !Stew_Stick it is

    He's probably a partygoer

    Ringo on
    ceres wrote: »
    I'm just going to go ahead and lock this thread before I feel any worse about humanity.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG now featured at the Exigency Forum
  • Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    wow, alright, Stew_Stick sounds good.

    Void Slayer on
    He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    !Stew Stick it is.

    Teucrian on
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Stew_Stick FOR GREAT JUSTICE. Also I am totally not mafia.

    Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

    I won $200 playing mafia once.
    Check out the VODs here
  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    stew_stick

    romanqwerty on
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Stew_Stick you say? Alright

    Phyphor on
    Magic Box
    Academician Prokhor "Phyphor" Zakharov, Chief Scientist of China, Provost of the University of Planet - SE++ Megagame
  • Stew_StickStew_Stick Dinner UKRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Interesting. Figured the network might actually have some leads by now. Oh well.

    Ringo I guess.

    Stew_Stick on
  • RingoRingo Stardust, Golden Caught in a Devil's BargainRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Everybody guesses Ringo!

    I am not a swordfish!

    Ringo on
    ceres wrote: »
    I'm just going to go ahead and lock this thread before I feel any worse about humanity.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG now featured at the Exigency Forum
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Vote's Closed

    Tabulating results...

    crimsoncoyote on
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    - Day 8 -

    Eliminated:
    Stew_Stick - Party-Goer - Voted out
    romanqwerty - Special Agent Jones - Forger'd

    Still going... Day 9 ends at 11PM EST

    crimsoncoyote on
  • RingoRingo Stardust, Golden Caught in a Devil's BargainRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Guard/Roleblocker/DIDYOUFORGETTOSUBMITORDERSGODDAMNIT?!?

    Ringo on
    ceres wrote: »
    I'm just going to go ahead and lock this thread before I feel any worse about humanity.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG now featured at the Exigency Forum
  • LucedesLucedes *heaps mad squawk* Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Teucrian

    we know you're mafia

    get out

    Lucedes on
  • Stew_StickStew_Stick Dinner UKRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    OoooOOooooOO

    Can't a guy just enjoy a sweet party?

    OoooOOoOooOoOoo

    Stew_Stick on
  • TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Lucedes wrote: »
    Teucrian

    we know you're mafia

    get out

    I've spent a really long time trying to kill the seer for this exact reason. Phyphor? Is it you?

    Teucrian on
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Pchew Pchew. Teucrain, you are the only person who can possibly be mafia. See ya around!

    Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

    I won $200 playing mafia once.
    Check out the VODs here
  • LucedesLucedes *heaps mad squawk* Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    i have still never seered any mafia, as far as i can recall, in any game.

    :/

    Lucedes on
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah I didn't get any this game either.

    Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

    I won $200 playing mafia once.
    Check out the VODs here
  • LucedesLucedes *heaps mad squawk* Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I mean, I could seer Teucrian, but it'd be anticlimactic now.

    Lucedes on
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    A worthless endeaver indeed. Although it might help that self-esteem.

    Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

    I won $200 playing mafia once.
    Check out the VODs here
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Teucrian? I don't know what's going on!

    Phyphor on
    Magic Box
    Academician Prokhor "Phyphor" Zakharov, Chief Scientist of China, Provost of the University of Planet - SE++ Megagame
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    that is sure some crazy talk

    Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • RingoRingo Stardust, Golden Caught in a Devil's BargainRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Teucrian

    Game over? Someone should learn that sheep a thons are tremendously boooooriiiiing. So sorry Kay

    Ringo on
    ceres wrote: »
    I'm just going to go ahead and lock this thread before I feel any worse about humanity.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG now featured at the Exigency Forum
  • TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ringo wrote: »
    Someone should learn that sheep a thons are tremendously boooooriiiiing.

    I know. The whole game basically shut down after VS revealed.

    Losing as a member of a powerless mafia (save for our one group kill) with two of us dead to inactivus, with the village apparently having it's full complement of specials using this old hat strategy that takes the game out of the game (and they still couldn't find us effectively). . . I can't really feel bad about it.

    I can see why people hate mafia roleblockers, but at least they're one way to counter this boring stuff. Or we could have attempted an infiltration on the village network, but when we're short on members that would be tough. Not sure.

    Teucrian on
  • crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Game over! Village win!

    Teucrian - Forger - voted out

    I'll make my comments tomorrow...

    crimsoncoyote on
  • LucedesLucedes *heaps mad squawk* Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Well, the thing is, I think people have settled into the idea that mafia gambits are generally a bad idea.

    Likewise, a lot of village gambits are a bad idea. So... nobody gambits any more, and people generally sheep. Mafia stay sort of quiet, or provide reasonable, helpful remarks, and villagers stay quiet, or make reasonable, helpful remarks, or risk incurring the wrath of the village.

    Ends up kind of boring, yeah, with specials and mafia shooting in the dark, and little patches of luck or exceptional observation breaking through.

    Lucedes on
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Also, what was with the ridiculous bandwagoning on me?

    Terrendos on
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Terrendos, you were saved by a last minute vote change on Lucedes part on Day 1. Typically, that's something you would expect one mafia to do to save another. To use Lucedes term, it's a gambit to keep that mafia member alive.

    That being said, I think it is best used as a late game gambit, because it has a high likelyhood of exposing both mafia members. A kill on the person defended will generally mean that the person who rescued them is of the same faction. Why? Because, a Mafia isn't going to risk the attention raised to save a villager. Mafia don't want to be high profile in general, but you also don't want to be so low profile that you drop off of the radar. Both high profile and very low profile players tend to stick out. By the same token, you don't expect a villager to save a mafia.

    However, as Lucedes demonstrated to me this game, his/her gambit did a very good job of distracting us from going after him/her. It put you in the position of giving more useful information, as a day 1 tie breaker could easily be a villager trying to prevent random chance knocking out two villagers. Blind shots are MUCH more likely to take out a villager, early on.

    I was very surprised when they voted for you on Day 7, as I would have expected you to have been seered by that point.

    Also, realize that I pushed a lot of bandwagoning onto you. As a mafia, I knew you were innocent, and were stuck in a situation both random and suspicious. I knew it would clear Lucedes, but a vote not on the Mafia is always good for them.

    Heffling on
    If a movement doesn't have someone that can sit down opposite those in a position of power and strike a deal, how can that movement achieve success?
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    No, I understand exactly what the mafia did, Heffling. I got the whole Lucedes thing too.

    My concern is more in general. Does Bro appear suspicious? Is that it?

    Terrendos on
  • TeucrianTeucrian Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Teucrian on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    [QUOTE=Heffling;18412664]Terrendos, you were saved by a last minute vote change on Lucedes part on Day 1. Typically, that's something you would expect one mafia to do to save another. To use Lucedes term, it's a gambit to keep that mafia member alive.

    That being said, I think it is best used as a late game gambit, because it has a high likelyhood of exposing both mafia members. A kill on the person defended will generally mean that the person who rescued them is of the same faction. Why? Because, a Mafia isn't going to risk the attention raised to save a villager. Mafia don't want to be high profile in general, but you also don't want to be so low profile that you drop off of the radar. Both high profile and very low profile players tend to stick out. By the same token, you don't expect a villager to save a mafia.

    However, as Lucedes demonstrated to me this game, his/her gambit did a very good job of distracting us from going after him/her. It put you in the position of giving more useful information, as a day 1 tie breaker could easily be a villager trying to prevent random chance knocking out two villagers. Blind shots are MUCH more likely to take out a villager, early on.

    I was very surprised when they voted for you on Day 7, as I would have expected you to have been seered by that point.

    Also, realize that I pushed a lot of bandwagoning onto you. As a mafia, I knew you were innocent, and were stuck in a situation both random and suspicious. I knew it would clear Lucedes, but a vote not on the Mafia is always good for them.[/QUOTE]

    nope.

    day 1 is a special day.

    Mafia will sacrifice their own rather than get pegged in a counter wagon on day 1 and villagers will do stupid things like tie the vote for no reason.

    on day 1 the only thing you can count on is mafia spreading out because they usually aren't organized yet.

    Dunadan019 on
  • EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

    nope.

    day 1 is a special day.

    Mafia will sacrifice their own rather than get pegged in a counter wagon on day 1 and villagers will do stupid things like tie the vote for no reason.

    on day 1 the only thing you can count on is mafia spreading out because they usually aren't organized yet.

    yeah this is true, anyone with half a brain knows a mafioso would not pull what Lucedes would pull. They are a diversion to have around which is why the mafia will keep them alive (since some people will inevitably hold on), but yeah they are innocent.

    Only time I could possibly see something like this occurring is a newbie phalla possibly.

    edit: Of course there are other possibilities...e.g. someone being intoxicated while playing and such , which does happen. Not sure if it would result in that exactly. But yeah, general rule of thumb.

    Egos on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Egos wrote: »
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

    nope.

    day 1 is a special day.

    Mafia will sacrifice their own rather than get pegged in a counter wagon on day 1 and villagers will do stupid things like tie the vote for no reason.

    on day 1 the only thing you can count on is mafia spreading out because they usually aren't organized yet.

    yeah this is true, anyone with half a brain knows a mafioso would not pull what Lucedes would pull. They are a diversion to have around which is why the mafia will keep them alive (since some people will inevitably hold on), but yeah they are innocent.

    Only time I could possibly see something like this occurring is a newbie phalla possibly.

    edit: Of course there are other possibilities...e.g. someone being intoxicated while playing and such , which does happen. Not sure if it would result in that exactly. But yeah, general rule of thumb.

    IMO, rule of thumbs in this game suck.

    mostly because people make them rule of laws.

    Dunadan019 on
Sign In or Register to comment.