Options

PACKERS WIN. The last Super Bowl Ever. [UFL?]

1555658606163

Posts

  • Options
    MagnumCTMagnumCT Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    MagnumCT wrote: »
    Zoel wrote: »
    drew bledsoe did not have a mustache and this was indeed a problem

    Worst quarterback name for submission: Doug Floutie

    Bubby Brister is pretty bad. Sounds like "Blister," which makes me think of oozing.

    Shouldn't it make you think of bubbling?

    Oozing, bubbling blisters.

    MagnumCT on
  • Options
    UrielUriel Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Every name in the Space Mutiny MST3K is great for a football dude.

    Now speaking of footballs. What would be a good videogame to pick up for it?

    Uriel on
  • Options
    RinderRinder Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Takeo Spikes is a great name for a linebacker.

    His cousin Brandon was the most serious dude I've ever met.

    Rinder on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Uriel wrote: »
    Every name in the Space Mutiny MST3K is great for a football dude.

    Now speaking of footballs. What would be a good videogame to pick up for it?
    Madden? Blitz: The League?

    Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    he wasn't a nfl qb but lol Major Applewhite

    Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I don't know why Peter King likes Starbucks so much.

    Their coffee isn't that good.

    mcp on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Tom Zbikowski challenges Ocho to a 4-round charity boxing match.

    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/07/zbikowski-challenges-ochocinco-to-a-four-round-boxing-match/

    That would be marvelous.

    Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ochocinco cracks me up. I'd consider watching that fight.

    rhylith on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Greg Jennings responded to a fan question at ESPN the Weekend about the Madden video of him on youtube. Deadspin has the video of him responding.

    Goose! on
  • Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Goose! wrote: »
    Greg Jennings responded to a fan question at ESPN the Weekend about the Madden video of him on youtube. Deadspin has the video of him responding.

    Haven't seen that clip but he also talked a lot about it when he was on the George Lopez show a few days after the Superbowl.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTDwRnj-ao8

    starts at 5:35

    ShimSham on
  • Options
    Crazy LarryCrazy Larry Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    mcp wrote: »
    I don't know why Peter King likes Starbucks so much.

    Their coffee isn't that good.

    Their coffee is way better than King's writing.

    Crazy Larry on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wow! Something amusing happened on Lopez's show!

    Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Via the Schefter:

    Reports are true -- it's a blast from the past. One hour ago, former Giants RB Tiki Barber filed papers to come out of retirement.


    --

    I don't even.

    Jasconius on
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Huh. So, who has need for a 35 year old back that's been sitting in a tv studio since 2007?

    mcp on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Jasconius wrote: »
    Via the Schefter:

    Reports are true -- it's a blast from the past. One hour ago, former Giants RB Tiki Barber filed papers to come out of retirement.


    --

    I don't even.

    Divorce with overt infidelity, twin babies, and a joke of a media career. Three words:

    Out

    Of

    Money

    Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    hahahahaha Tiki Barber sure why not

    Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    If I played football, I'd horde my money and keep my dick in my pants.

    How these dumb fuckers run out of money with the salaries they pull is mystifying.

    mcp on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Is there any way he doesn't end up in the UFL?

    The Ahman Green / Tiki Barber Power Hour

    3 fumbles per minute.

    Jasconius on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I can understand some 3rd stringer who only played for a few years running out of money.

    I think most of them don't even realize they CAN run out of money.

    And then oh no

    it happened

    what do I

    help me

    Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I think Miami needs an overhaul at RB. If Tiki is cool with being a backup, he might be a fit there. Miami is said to most likely be taking a RB in the first round, and I'm sure he'd get the start.

    I don't know who else needs a running back badly enough to turn to Tiki.

    mcp on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    mcp wrote: »
    If I played football, I'd horde my money and keep my dick in my pants.

    How these dumb fuckers run out of money with the salaries they pull is mystifying.

    Also pre-nup. No idea if Tiki had one or not but if he didn't you know the 20-something girlfriend with a wife at home pregnant with twins had to murder him in court.

    mcp wrote: »
    I think Miami needs an overhaul at RB. If Tiki is cool with being a backup, he might be a fit there. Miami is said to most likely be taking a RB in the first round, and I'm sure he'd get the start.

    I don't know who else needs a running back badly enough to turn to Tiki.

    He's got to be considered a locker room risk as well. After all of the sniping he did at his former team after retiring and how their running game really didn't miss him you'd think his reputation personally has to be in the gutter.

    Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Eighteen years, eighteen years

    she got one a your kids, got you for eighteen years

    Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Jordyn wrote: »
    I can understand some 3rd stringer who only played for a few years running out of money.
    I can't even wrap my head around that.

    The league minimum is still hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.

    When you're out of the league. You know how much money you have in the bank. You know if you're gonna need to get a damn job.

    Granted, a lot of these guys don't have much in the way of brains, but even the dumbest needs to have some life skills.

    mcp on
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Butters wrote: »
    mcp wrote: »
    I think Miami needs an overhaul at RB. If Tiki is cool with being a backup, he might be a fit there. Miami is said to most likely be taking a RB in the first round, and I'm sure he'd get the start.

    I don't know who else needs a running back badly enough to turn to Tiki.

    He's got to be considered a locker room risk as well. After all of the sniping he did at his former team after retiring and how their running game really didn't miss him you'd think his reputation personally has to be in the gutter.
    That's a good point. It's going to have to be a locker room that strong enough to put up with some potential shit. I wonder what Miami's leadership thinks about that.

    Some teams just don't want to put up with that shit.

    Wonder if Tiki likes orange and black.

    mcp on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    mcp wrote: »
    Butters wrote: »
    mcp wrote: »
    I think Miami needs an overhaul at RB. If Tiki is cool with being a backup, he might be a fit there. Miami is said to most likely be taking a RB in the first round, and I'm sure he'd get the start.

    I don't know who else needs a running back badly enough to turn to Tiki.

    He's got to be considered a locker room risk as well. After all of the sniping he did at his former team after retiring and how their running game really didn't miss him you'd think his reputation personally has to be in the gutter.
    That's a good point. It's going to have to be a locker room that strong enough to put up with some potential shit. I wonder what Miami's leadership thinks about that.

    Some teams just don't want to put up with that shit.

    Wonder if Tiki likes orange and black.

    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

    Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    we saw how well the "old guys" approach worked last season

    youth movement please, i don't care if we suck next season, just please not another year of old farts who can't do anything right

    Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'd commit seppuku in the lady at fountain square if they signed Tiki.

    Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Having 2005's top fantasy running backs worked real well for Washington last year.

    Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    He'll be a Buc next season, guarantee it.

    Goose! on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    mcp wrote: »
    Jordyn wrote: »
    I can understand some 3rd stringer who only played for a few years running out of money.
    I can't even wrap my head around that.

    The league minimum is still hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.

    When you're out of the league. You know how much money you have in the bank. You know if you're gonna need to get a damn job.

    Granted, a lot of these guys don't have much in the way of brains, but even the dumbest needs to have some life skills.

    It's actually the big contract dudes who are more likely to be broke because they have no concept of budget. A dude making the league minimum knows he can't afford a different 300,000 dollar car for every day of the week.

    You'd be surprised how many of these guys live paycheck to paycheck.

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I don't know a whole lot about the Bucs, but isn't Blount going to be the guy there? And I'd imagine Williams to be just as serviceable as a backup as Tiki at this point.

    mcp on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Goose! wrote: »
    He'll be a Buc next season, guarantee it.

    no

    PiptheFair on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    mcp wrote: »
    I don't know a whole lot about the Bucs, but isn't Blount going to be the guy there? And I'd imagine Williams to be just as serviceable as a backup as Tiki at this point.

    cadillac has one, maybe 2 seasons left

    graham will serve as a backup too, but he's no spring chicken either

    but we're gonna need to draft a new RB next season

    PiptheFair on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Balefuego wrote: »
    mcp wrote: »
    Jordyn wrote: »
    I can understand some 3rd stringer who only played for a few years running out of money.
    I can't even wrap my head around that.

    The league minimum is still hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.

    When you're out of the league. You know how much money you have in the bank. You know if you're gonna need to get a damn job.

    Granted, a lot of these guys don't have much in the way of brains, but even the dumbest needs to have some life skills.

    It's actually the big contract dudes who are more likely to be broke because they have no concept of budget. A dude making the league minimum knows he can't afford a different 300,000 dollar car for every day of the week.

    You'd be surprised how many of these guys live paycheck to paycheck.

    I think a lot of the big contract guys also overestimate how much that paycheck is worth after taxes and fees for lawyers, agents, managers, and whoever else gets their cut. I don't want to what they have to pay in insurance for all of their shit considering the high risk of either legal troubles or being targeted for theft.

    Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Tiki will be a redskin

    it's destiny

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Goose! wrote: »
    He'll be a Buc next season, guarantee it.

    no

    A chance for Ronde and Tiki to play together, even if just for one season? I believe it'll happen.

    Goose! on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Goose! wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Goose! wrote: »
    He'll be a Buc next season, guarantee it.

    no

    A chance for Ronde and Tiki to play together, even if just for one season? I believe it'll happen.

    no

    it will not

    PiptheFair on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Goose! wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Goose! wrote: »
    He'll be a Buc next season, guarantee it.

    no

    A chance for Ronde and Tiki to play together, even if just for one season? I believe it'll happen.

    Doesn't mean he'll make the team or even pass a physical. Raheem Morris seems like a pretty serious dude. I don't see him making a spot for Tiki just for shits.

    Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Butters wrote: »
    Goose! wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Goose! wrote: »
    He'll be a Buc next season, guarantee it.

    no

    A chance for Ronde and Tiki to play together, even if just for one season? I believe it'll happen.

    Doesn't mean he'll make the team or even pass a physical. Raheem Morris seems like a pretty serious dude. I don't see him making a spot for Tiki just for shits.

    And upset one of his most respected defensive veterans? Ronde isn't like Tiki, he still has the respect of his team and organization last I checked. I think he's get to training camp, and its not like the dude is out of shape just because he's in the media.

    We will certainly see.

    Goose! on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Goose, the NFL is a business. If Tiki wants a spot on the team he'll have to make it. Ronde can probably get him a shot at training camp but he can't secure him a roster spot and a paycheck.

    Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
This discussion has been closed.