As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MINECRAFT: Important Server News In OP

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Why does every checker say Minecraft.net is up when it clearly isn't?

Goose! on
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    is the checker up?

who checks the upchecker?

Seriously on
  • Options
    OmegaTofuNinjaOmegaTofuNinja Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    someone make it work please please i need it

OmegaTofuNinja on
    Facebook Wii: 7912 0299 8667 6601 I tweet sometimes Poetry?!
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Vimes

Antimatter on
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I don't.... think that's on our server, rfil.

Pretty sure you'll be cock of the walk if you go ahead and build it anyway.

sarukun on
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Oh, I thought it was. Okay, that's better then. Maybe I will still do it. I found some really cool overhead maps that will help a lot.

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    mostly, I'm sad that I have to replace the default skin if I want to use my custom one :(

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    apricotmuffinsapricotmuffins Angry Bee Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    rfilyaw wrote: »
    Oh, I thought it was. Okay, that's better then. Maybe I will still do it. I found some really cool overhead maps that will help a lot.

aw, i thought it was obvious it wasnt our map.

we're small fry compared to them. theres some craaaazy shit on there that makes my mining finger tremble in fear

apricotmuffins on
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

we're small fry compared to them. theres some craaaazy shit on there that makes my mining finger tremble in fear

All that means is we have other stuff to do than play a computer game.

I mean, with someone going on earlier about how one of their projects could be done solo in 3 months of unemployment I was cringing.

Who the hell has three months to spend unemployed doing something like that?

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Daxon wrote: »

All that means is we have other stuff to do than play a computer game.

I mean, with someone going on earlier about how one of their projects could be done solo in 3 months of unemployment I was cringing.

Who the hell has three months to spend unemployed doing something like that?

Rich kids.

sarukun on
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Unemployed people too. I hear there's a lot of that going around.

jackal on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    yeah I don't let other people's ridiculous projects worry me. I don't view it as an awful sign that I don't have stupid amounts of time to waste on minecraft

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    My giant sandstone-bowl tower is all the project I need

stripped my local area of all sand above sea level

now I have to widen my searching patterns

don't want to eat that desert up

but, goddammit, it has the sand I need

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    god

damn

minecraft.net could you possibly have higher downtime

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So I'm playing around with world seeds just out of boredom. SE++ is covered in sand :(

Goose! on
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I have a crazy project that I will never build. It is a 145x145 spawn platform. It is 16 smaller 35x35 chambers (walls between each chamber make up the extra 5 blocks of width).

Each chamber has water flowing from the walls to the center (standard spawn tower stuff) and flows into a pipe. The pipes from two chambers meet up and flow into a tunnel where the pipes from the other two chambers join it. Then it flows to the edge of the quadrant and meet up with tunnels from another quadrant. The pipes then meet up with pipes from the other half of the spawn platform, and drop about a million mobs to their death.

A rough estimate form materials is 54 stacks of smooth stone for the outer walls, 320 stacks of cobble for the ceiling and about the same for the floor. The pipes would probably be smooth stone and probably another ~50 stacks (although I can't back that up with calculations), and a little less than 189 stacks of dirt of the interior walls.

I would never build it because, fuck that noise, but I think unlike other super huge mob spawners it wouldn't be an eyesore because instead of a monolithic cube it would be a slab with a bunch of tiered v-shaped runs of pipe.

jackal on
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    someone told me one of the wool colors is the same color as the sky

so i've been thinking of making a hidden fortress

but then again

i'm barely able to stick to one world for more than a week, so doing a big project might be outside of my minecraft attention span at the moment

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    now you make me feel self conscious about my monolithic cube.

i need to spice it up

in the bedroom i mean the minecraft

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Goose! wrote: »
    So I'm playing around with world seeds just out of boredom. SE++ is covered in sand :(

it is a vast, sandy, vagina

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    now you make me feel self conscious about my monolithic cube.

i need to spice it up

in the bedroom i mean the minecraft

In my pants

Vann Diras on
  • Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    jackal wrote: »
    Unemployed people too. I hear there's a lot of that going around.

how was this fine example of Occam's Razor not the immediate answer, when

"3 months of unemployment" was right there in the sentence?

sure, applying (and hopefully interviewing) takes up chunks of time, but a person can only take so much before needing a distraction.

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    VANN the other day i found your castle. It has the most gorgeous location. Well picked! at least, i think its yours?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1516367/2011-02-24_18.02.00.png

apricotmuffins on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Noooope! I don't have a castle. I've just got a lighthouse on a little floating cliffside just off of south road next to the creepy abandoned(?) quarry.

That is a mighty fine castle though!

Vann Diras on
  • Options
    TheExAmTheExAm Gerrymandered your districts Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Goose! wrote: »
    Why does every checker say Minecraft.net is up when it clearly isn't?

The domain loads, there's just nothing there. I'm guessing the checker just checks whether it can connect?

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
    Battlemans: DiscoCabbage | Elite: Dangerous: Aleksandr Khabaj
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    Noooope! I don't have a castle. I've just got a lighthouse on a little floating cliffside just off of south road next to the creepy abandoned(?) quarry.

coulda sworn there was a chest in there with 'vann's treasures' or somesuch, oh well.

apricotmuffins on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Vann Diras wrote: »

coulda sworn there was a chest in there with 'vann's treasures' or somesuch, oh well.

Ohhhhhh it is probably uhhh well i forget his name now. We were neighbores and caving buddies. He collected my stuff last time I died and brought it up to the surface. Then my computer broke and i haven't been able to retrieve it.

Vann Diras on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Is the server down? I keep getting End of Steam

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Oh so I guess it's OP time.

Let me dig them out and edit them up so I can post them.

EDIT: So I can update them.

nuka on
    DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Artreus wrote: »
    Is the server down? I keep getting End of Steam

Minecraft.net is down and it's not likely to go up any time soon cause the devs are all at GDC.

nuka on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I swear if minecraft is down when I get my computer tomorrow I will LOSE IT

and then go play single player

Vann Diras on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    it seems to be up

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited February 2011
    I was not paying much attention then.

For some reason I assumed it would not let me log in if minecraft.net was down

Artreus on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    It just came back up from what I can see.

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Alright cool so I guess you're looking for a quick explanation to what Minecraft is despite how long it's been popular on the forums.
    It's alright, I guess being raised in a barn or stuck in a cave can have it's perks.

So yeah.
    Minecraft is an indie sandbox game. It's played by hipsters and us because major titles are just so passe.
    Basically, it's like legos. But like with skeletons and penis shaped monsters that explode at you. It's fun as hell but the downside is that everyone develops autism when they play. No, look go GIS minecraft and you'll see what I mean.

Minecraft is being developed by Mojang, which is run by a bunch of crazy swedes. They list the updates here on this tumblr, so it's useful to check back every so often. "Updates?" You say? Yeah this game ain't even finished yet, as of this writing it's still only in Beta after only very recently coming out of alpha. Fucking told you we're all hipsters inside.

I used to have a tutorial that I typed up for you guys, but I found this instead. So yeah click here if you don't understand how to punch a tree. It's pretty useful! You should totally read it!

No, seriously read the fucking wiki you god damn morons I am not your Encyclopedia Britannica, okay?

Oh yeah here's a sticky from the Minecraft forums you can check out. Also just fyi, this forum is basically no different than any other official forum.

Oh! Here's a few picture tutorials that we've found over time that also helps to explain things for you guys, things like where are the diamonds that you really need to build your house out of.
    crossection.png
    Circuitry.png
    Underwater.jpg
    Obsidianbuilding.jpg
    128038359846.png
    Noteblock_reference.png

There's also a whole bunch of YouTube videos here for you guys to watch. There's too many to really list but if there is something you need to learn how to build, go to YouTube. Just be sure to check the dates of course in case an update has rendered them obsolete.

nuka on
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    As you can tell, Minecraft also makes people bitter, bitter husks as their stuff is repeatedly razed to the ground.

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    We also have a server that we all like to play on. It's totally rad.

I am your gorgeous, charming, witty and intelligent admin lady. Did I also mention skinny? At the moment due to a change in server running mods we have 3 other sub-admins and no moderators so things will be changing in time. At this moment, the sub-admins are Ultimak, Twixxo and apricotmuffins. Check the main OP for more up to date information.

Hiartbill is the guy that keeps the server from combusting, so if there is any server issues talk to him about it. He usually gets around to updating and fixing things during the weekend. Don't hound the guy if you can't log in, most of the time it's really because of Minecraft.net rather than the server we run. You should check the main OP as well for more up to date information about things.

(I don't know what else to put in this post. I'd like some feedback before this thread gets locked.)

nuka on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    nuka wrote: »
    We also have a server that we all like to play on. It's totally rad.

I am your gorgeous, charming, witty and intelligent admin (did I also mention skinny?). At the moment due to a change in server running mods we have 3 other sub-admins and no moderators so things will be changing in time. At this moment, the sub-admins are Ultimak, Twixxo and apricotmuffins. Check the main OP for more up to date information.

(I don't know what else to put in this post. I'd like some feedback before this thread gets locked.)

Forgot "modest".

sarukun on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    sarukun wrote: »

Forgot "modest".
    :3

More importantly, I forgot about Bill. D:

I'm working on the Mod post and it's a doosy. I'm actually trying to keep these as short as possible this time around.

nuka on
  • Options
    Ruby RhodRuby Rhod Multipass!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    You should link you're latest texture pack. I need to see my beds and circuits :P

Ruby Rhod on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Ruby Rhod wrote: »
    You should link you're latest texture pack. I need to see my beds and circuits :P

I will!

Oh that reminds me I need to link those yogcast things or there would be an uprising.

nuka on
This discussion has been closed.