As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends]Why did Riot servers go down for ten hours on patch day? For rest.

• NisiNisi Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Don't worry guys you can buy boosts!

Nisi on
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    They're damn lucky their forums aren't working right now. That's quite the bullshit. Not only releasing mostly super expensive champions but also making it even -more- of a grind for IP.

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2011
    Oh wow, just won a custom game against bots...they nerfed it quite a bit for IP rewards. I usually get 71 but now I get 35 for a 20 minute game.

-25 percent for bots

Fizban140 on
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah this sucks hard. Also I had my best trundle game ever( Ganking, jungling speed, k/d etc) and still lost because my team was useless.

EspantaPajaro on
  • PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Dinger turret report: still broken

I thought they were doing a login queue this patch. Is that not real yet?

Once this thing works again, if there are any other under 30's, we should get a lowbie team together and lose a lot. I'm good at losing a lot.

PolloDiablo on
  • Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    they halfed the IPs from normal games as well?

also, farmed Mundo with 3 Warmongers is insane

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • AydrAydr Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Dinger turret report: still broken

I thought they were doing a login queue this patch. Is that not real yet?

Once this thing works again, if there are any other under 30's, we should get a lowbie team together and lose a lot. I'm good at losing a lot.

They really should just add that to his tooltips. Just a little note how sometimes yordle technology is unstable and will ignore enemy units...

Aydr on
  • FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    why couldn't they have just increased the IP/XP gain from games going longer than 40 minutes?

they should know by now that if they try and adjust anything they'll fuck it up something terrible. they just always do. they must hire hooters girls to come up with these changes. i mean... shit man. come on.

Feldorn on
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Fizban140 wrote: »
    Oh wow, just won a custom game against bots...they nerfed it quite a bit for IP rewards. I usually get 71 but now I get 35 for a 20 minute game.

-25 percent for bots

I don't believe this one bit.

You won a game?
    I Kid :)

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    If the bonus for not leaving games was still in then it would be mostly fine, they just really didn't compensate enough for taking it out.

Slicer on
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    New Ryze is shit early game but better in team fights

More experiments to come

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    edited February 2011
    i've decided that i want the next PAX skin to be fruit fucker kennen.

Feldorn on
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    65 IP for a Ranked game that my team won in just over 20 minutes.

:/

I guess Riot thought they were handing out too much IP. Good thing I had a few thousand saved-up for going toward the tree man.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • BatmantisBatmantis Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    What's the punishment for leaving games exactly? You get temp banned for leaving too many?

Batmantis on
    Play with me people!
    LOL: Batmantis
    MTGO: Batmantis88
    edited February 2011
    Batmantis wrote: »
    What's the punishment for leaving games exactly? You get temp banned for leaving too many?

Something like that.

...Oh, no mention of the Tribunal thing for this patch. That'll be lulz when it's implemented.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    How does tribunal work?

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Getting connecting to game errors atm

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    help help i can't buy the tree help

edit.. also what the fuck. I've been robbed of a hp/lvl yellow in the patch. I used to have a set of 9 I ran with back when they were the best. One of them was the preorder bonus or whatever they gave you one for. and now somehow I have motherfucking 8 of them. WHAT THE FUCK IROT FUCKING ROBBERS I SDFUKDKLJLKSFJLK:SDL:KJF and whatnot.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
    edited February 2011
    How does tribunal work?

Let's say you get reported.

The report gets logged into a system that the playerbase can choose to browse through and make judgements on ('yes this player deserves punishment' or 'no this player is fine') in exchange for IP rewards. Before making judgements, of course, players can read through the chatlog for the game in which you got reported, check your match history, etc.

If players correctly predict the outcome of a judgement, they're given the IP reward.

Very Libertarian. Which, of course, means that it's going to be a total trainwreck.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    so you can just vote yes or no for every report without reading any of those and have a 50% chance of earning some sweet IP.

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The Ender wrote: »
    How does tribunal work?

Let's say you get reported.

The report gets logged into a system that the playerbase can choose to browse through and make judgements on ('yes this player deserves punishment' or 'no this player is fine') in exchange for IP rewards. Before making judgements, of course, players can read through the chatlog for the game in which you got reported, check your match history, etc.

If players correctly predict the outcome of a judgement, they're given the IP reward.

Very Libertarian. Which, of course, means that it's going to be a total trainwreck.

Thats......thats horrible.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Just had the most god damned amazing game winning Ezreal all up in your jungle moment ever. Fffff if there was ever a time for replays this would be it.

edit: also it seems we get less IP overall now. Wonder if they are going to start selling IP soon.

Talith on
    7244qyoka3pp.gif
    edited February 2011
    God, this is so bad..48 IP for a 30 minute ranked loss.

We have 3 junglers including nunu on our team, but no one wants to jungle because they don't feel like it (their words) so I get a duo lane with malphite who tells me to stfu *n-word* then goes on to feed constantly, suiciding into their pool. I forgot to report him I was just relieved it was over. At the end I was 5/5 and everyone else was something like 3-12...how the hell does that happen? This is so discouraging. The whole time the enemy is talking shit to us too, this fucking elo.

I am so glad America does not have anything like a direct democracy, and that most these people don't even vote anyways.

Fizban140 on
    edited February 2011
    can you still submit screenshots from the chat window and hope they get banned?

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

We have 3 junglers including nunu on our team, but no one wants to jungle because they don't feel like it (their words) so I get a duo lane with malphite who tells me to stfu *n-word* then goes on to feed constantly, suiciding into their pool. I forgot to report him I was just relieved it was over. At the end I was 5/5 and everyone else was something like 3-12...how the hell does that happen? This is so discouraging. The whole time the enemy is talking shit to us too, this fucking elo.

I am so glad America does not have anything like a direct democracy, and that most these people don't even vote anyways.

Fizban, you need to stream your games and call it something like "Adventures in Low Elo". I think you have officially hit the point of "train wreck". I can almost guarantee you that people would tune it to see this stuff. Or at the very least you should record them and post the more horrific ones.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
    edited February 2011

Fizban, you need to stream your games and call it something like "Adventures in Low Elo". I think you have officially hit the point of "train wreck". I can almost guarantee you that people would tune it to see this stuff. Or at the very least you should record them and post the more horrific ones.

Yeah that is not a bad idea, I just need to get the streaming program working.

Fizban140 on
  • zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hullis wrote: »
    Guys I JUST realized the new champ's name is an anagram

dum

O.o what is it an anagram of? As someone who is horrible with anagrams I've been looking at his name and the only thing I came up with is "Im a Oak"

My favorite is...

Oak M.I.A.

Which is where he's going to be before I gank you.

zerg rush on
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    moakai = I am oak

Jars on
  • DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The matchmaker should really take things into account other than wins/losses. Like it should look at the kind of character you're playing and your score, so if you're a tank/support you should have lots of assists by the end of the game, and if you're an assassin you need to be getting kills/assists or you aren't doing your job, deaths should factor in as well I suppose.

It should keep track of if you do/don't ever get buffs, or help others get them. If you intiate or participate in dragon/baron kills, number towers and what not. Hell it should keep track of whether or not you buy wards or six pairs of shoes and rank you on that.

Of course Riot shouldn't reveal any of the metrics to the player community and constantly refine/change them so they can't be gamed by players. This is all a pipe dream and would be wicked hard to code, but basically Riot needs to be outsource their matchmaking code to Google.

Drool on
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    i am alive

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
    edited February 2011
    Arikado wrote: »
    i am alive

bah, you changed it.

ok i am a

Feldorn on
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I would absolutely watch Fizban play on a regular basis just to see the players he's talking about.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • AydrAydr Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Feldorn wrote: »
    Arikado wrote: »
    i am alive

bah, you changed it.

ok i am a

I am a-ok

Aydr on
  • SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Just finished a 61 minute game.
    95 IP to the winning team... ~_~

what a load of shit.

Sokpuppet on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    lost a 51min game

58 ip

:(

Organichu on
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    wow if those IP nerfs remain im pretty fucked. I still need to get a LOT of runes and now im looking at it taking a LONG time to do it.

I guess I will just never get a champ unless I pay for it now :(

Kai_San on
  • olliedagolliedag Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Well, after looking over Maokai i'm liking what i see. Shall definately be getting him.

Also, good thing I had a decent amount of IP saved up, as it seems getting it will be much harder now .. Joy ...

olliedag on
  • SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    "In a long game, you will make significantly more XP and IP than before. However, in a very short game, you will make less IP and XP. We found it frustrating to be stuck in an hour long games, and then get what was effectively 30 minutes of IP reward."

so uh... apparently "significantly more" means "significantly less" in Riot-speak

Sokpuppet on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    DotA2 is starting to look really nice soon!

Zen Vulgarity on
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So Amumu buffs. They are pretty awesome. I noticed a big difference in my mana for one with Despair. The added armor, attack damage, and damage reduction for Tantrum aren't very noticeable in terms of speed, but I think they did help out a bit.

Anivia nerfs. A mana hungry champ is even more mana hungry. I think they need to buff her base mana regen a bit. I had to back quite a bit after fending off harassment and trying to kill the enemy mid Teemo. I got 1 kill off of it, but it took me from 100% mana to roughly 10%. It was ridiculous. I understand why they did it, but I think it makes her early game brutal for a champ that is just so easy to kill if caught off guard.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.