As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MS[Phalla]Adventures: Bec Noir slips up, Midnight Crew wins!

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Cantide wrote: »
    If we were right, this will be awesome. If we were wrong, it'll be hilarious. I don't see any bad side to this.
    > AGREE with this SENTIMENT

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    ZapRat wrote: »
    Why does the mob suddenly hate egos?

He's been acting odd for the last few days, and I got suspicious yesterday even before narration that he might actually be an SK, instead of just a neutral that has to survive like he originally claimed. Add Roo saying that the game wasn't over yet, and he seemed like the best possible target.

Cantide on
  • Options
    ZapRatZapRat Mage of Mind A place apartRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    If we were right, this will be awesome. If we were wrong, it'll be hilarious. I don't see any bad side to this.
    I love a good joke! But all humor must have a little negativity to it.

ZapRat on
    CYDUJ.jpg
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Did people just give up? That's a little disappointing :T

Daypigeon on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    pigeonking wrote: »
    Did people just give up? That's a little disappointing :T

I still hold out hope that my stirring pre-battle speech will summon the help that I need.

ZapRat on
    CYDUJ.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Like, for example, he apparently told your network that Roman was evil and got him killed, but didn't reveal the rest of us, even though he knew who we all were. This makes no sense for someone who just wants to stay alive. You pick a side and help it crush the other, not waffle and try to help them both. That's the strategy of a man trying to wear both sides down.

Cantide on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Terrendos, miscellaneousinsanity, I apologize for never actually getting to make a deal with either of you. Terrendos, once you revealed that "Hog Provost" needed the village to win (we knew you were Provost since day 3), there's was no way we could really work with you. And after we found out that the network was suspicious of you, handing your name over to misc and outing you as one of the good guys just wasn't worth anything misc could give us.

Cantide on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I am truly sorry for what I have done this game. Terrible things. I have done terrible things.

Daypigeon on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    hahahahaha

Daypigeon on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I AM THE MORNING SUN, COME TO VANQUISH THIS HORRIBLE NIGHT

were doing t man

whereaking thiiiii hapen

Daypigeon on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    hahahahaha

Laugh it up, fuzzball. Diamonds are a cat girl's best friend.

ZapRat on
    CYDUJ.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011

were doing t man

whereaking thiiiii hapen

No, you are the horrible night, but hey, you have to play the role card that you are dealt.

H3 H3 H3, "Sunlight Crew"

ZapRat on
    CYDUJ.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011

were doing t man

whereaking thiiiii hapen

No, you are the horrible night, but hey, you have to play the role card that you are dealt.

Don't be silly, Zap, we're the good guys here. Don't forget, we made this town.

Cantide on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

were doing t man

whereaking thiiiii hapen

Don't be silly, Zap, we're the good guys here. Don't forget, we made this town.
    That's why I used the "Felt" characters to illustrate my elegy. Unfortunately, the village was a bit too much like the Felt.

ZapRat on
    CYDUJ.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011

were doing t man

whereaking thiiiii hapen

I wonder if the actual sun will vanquish the night prior to the results being released:)

ZapRat on
    CYDUJ.jpg
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    You guys are blanks

Egos on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I am truly sorry for what I have done this game. Terrible things. I have done terrible things.

I'm gonna do unspeakable things to the three of you for trying to atone and being paid back in turn like this.
    <3<3<3

Egos on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Like, for example, he apparently told your network that Roman was evil and got him killed

Wrong, he was dying and I expressed worried after all the votes were in that I may be targeted for death due to the fact that I knew mafia names. So I did not get him killed.

This makes no sense for someone who just wants to stay alive. You pick a side and help it crush the other, not waffle and try to help them both. That's the strategy of a man trying to wear both sides down.

I helped one predominately and one when put under pressure that makes perfect sense.

edit: 1 day of helping one side and the others helping the other, I don't really consider waffling...

Egos on
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

*facepalm*

Man, you guys are either really dumb, or really smart. I can't tell which.

Either way, game is over and narration incoming.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Thetheroo wrote: »

*facepalm*

Man, you guys are either really dumb, or really smart. I can't tell which.

Either way, game is over and narration incoming.

:D

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Day 8

It all came down to Death. He was confused, the Crew was everyone and he didn't know what to do, so he voted to kick out the only person that made sense to him.....

At the same time, the Crew was panicking, who was still resisting their rule? They killed Erich Zahn, AKA The Weasel King and Bec Noir sliced Egos, aka Professor Wasp, thinking that he had betrayed them. They were wrong, but their mistake would end up saving them. After Egos was dead, they decided to vote him out of the city anyway, just to be sure. However, he could not be voted out, as he was already dead. Because of this, the honor of being kicked out fell to the only other person with a vote on them, Pigeonking, AKA Bec Noir. He hadn't planned this, he had planned to slowly eliminate the mob after everyone else was dead. Unfortunately, he had just not planned as far ahead as he should.

Mobster Kingpin surveyed the destroyed city, he could rebuild. As anyone should know, he made this town.

The Dead
    Erich Zahn- Weasel King- City Citizen- Did his best to the very end
    Egos- Professor Wasp- Neutral- Betrayed by the mob
    Pigeonking- Spades Slick/Bec Noir- Serial Killer- Should have planned better
    MIDNIGHT CREW VICTORY

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Bec Noir did activate a COMB RAVE last night, but it would have done nothing to change the outcome so I left it out.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    The Anonymous on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    The Anonymous on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Wait, you guys planned that? I take it back, that was pretty slick.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    We totally did, and it totally was.

The best part is that pigeon couldn't do shit about it. :P

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Aww, I wanted bec to win :[

What sort of hint did pigeon get that his comb rave would turn him traitor? Noticed the specific wording on "there are no roles that can force a conversion"

Edit: also roo told pretty much everyone what the comb raves did in the proboards except for pigeon's, poor guy.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    He got no hint at all, he was the only one who knew what his COMB RAVE was called ahead of time.

I didn't think that anyone who knew the source material would think that summoning Bec Noir was a good idea.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Well, it did give us the victory in the end...just as planned.

Actually, without Bec I don't think we could've pulled this off. With only a vig and four mid-day kills, I didn't think we had any real chance before pigeon used his COMB RAVE.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    He got no hint at all, he was the only one who knew what his COMB RAVE was called ahead of time.

I didn't think that anyone who knew the source material would think that summoning Bec Noir was a good idea.

:/

Considering the nature of the comb raves in problem sleuth I don't think even I would have expected bec to stick around. Plus the "there are no roles that can force a conversion".

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Usually when people say conversion they mean in other players. Probably should have made that clearer.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Well, it did give us the victory in the end...just as planned.

Actually, without Bec I don't think we could've pulled this off. With only a vig and four mid-day kills, I didn't think we had any real chance before pigeon used his COMB RAVE.

The fact that the village was dumb as bricks certainly helped.

I noticed pigeon's cut pun followed by Lucedes kill immediately, while Zahn, who had an ability which worked in the exact same way except after four posts instead of eight, didn't catch on is simply boggling.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Did Erich even use his power? The only mid-day kills I saw were from pigeon's power.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    He was the one who did the mid-day public seers by flipping out in thread.

Hell, he even said as such in thread once he had seered four targets and was out of juice.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    There were originally 2 characters who could fill comb raves, Honeybee Professor who also acted as a seer for the village and Professor Wasp. Unfortunately, Professor Wasp joined up with the Mob on day 1 and Honeybee Professor died pretty quick.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I was so sure that they said they'd switch to egos just to throw me off, also I was expecting the green sun to actually do something

whoops

but whatever
    Thetheroo wrote:
    You are....

Slick.png

Spades Slick!

You made this town what it is after all. Wasn't nothin' but a bunch of dust and rocks before you got here. Sure, this Mobster Kingpin is helpful at the time, but you can feel an itching under your skin that power beyond your wildest imagination is only right outside your reach.

Role: You're quick, really quick. As such, if you make a witty post with the word "cut" somewhere in the same sentence as another player's full name than that player will die in 8 posts. This can only be done once a day, and only 4 times.

Comb Rave: You are unique in that you know what your Comb Rave is called, SUMMON ALTERNATE UNIVERSE COUNTERPART

Thetheroo wrote:
    Bec Noir!

Jackbec2.png

You're Bec Noir, I'm not stupid enough to tell you what you're thinking. I just know you're pissed off at something and not too pleased to be summoned to this crappy world.

New Power- You have 1 kill a day, PM me your target. You also have 1 more insta kill.
    New Win Condition- Be the last man standing.

I thought that switching to bec might make me need to kill MK, didn't think I'd go full-blown serial killer. That pretty much sucked. :[

Daypigeon on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I've already lost, but due to either the mob's clever way of dealign with a traitor or Bec's carelessness has given me the opportunity for a final verse for my elegy:
    Death sings a haunting refrain for the Midnight Crew:

I see the lonely quest that seems to light the way
    Was it a clever ruse, to lead us all astray?
    But problem sleuth saw that Clubs Deuce was blown away!
    And I see Blue was Midnight Crue!:whistle:
    01258.gif
    I see you've rolled snake eyes and found a lot of pain
    and that defensive trick just can't be done again,
    But now it's Valentines, and Hearts was in your name.
    And Roman too, was Midnight Crue!:whistle:
    01251.gif
    I will Duel you tonight, and I will
    Put up a fight, taunting you, I'm hunting Midnight Crue

I saw your treachery coming down the way
    I want to comb rave, but my courage fades away
    I count the villians that I'm never going to slay
    And Pigeon too, was Midnight Crue!:whistle:

01346.gif

ZapRat on
    CYDUJ.jpg
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    deucedeuce wrote:
    That fucker is going to rescue the weasel princess or whatever if it kills me

Hope you enjoyed that fax machine Ringo, whatever it did.

But yeah wow without those comb raves that we got by SHEER CHANCE on the first day we'd have been trampled.

I thought that narration had given away spades as the serial killer, and it didn't really suit professor wasp but on the other hand I was thinking maybe y'all didn't know anything about the source material. For instance it looks like everyone forgot that if MK were killed, he wouldn't die? I would like to know what the surprise was~

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Oh, he would become Demonhead Mobster Kingpin and basically have another chance to survive.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah that was my figuring in the thread as well.

So what did that fax machine do? I guess really we should have gotten egos to redirect from me constantly to make me completely invincible all game.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy