As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fox/adult Disney animation] Krapopolis is apparently appropriately named

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Various Hollywood studios just delayed a bunch of their movies due to COVID. Most of them got new dates, but one didn't -- the Bob's Burgers movie.

As posted before, it could just be the Bob's Burgers folks are taking their time and poking away at the movie during free moments. Or it could be a sign it'll go straight to Hulu or something.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Appparently Loren Bouchard is really pushing for a theatrical release which I suspect is more so he can move into movies proper.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    orangemo8orangemo8 Registered User regular
    ANIDOM returns February 14 with new schedule. There is a new game show at 7pm to fill the slot (probably should have put Duncanville s2 there instead instead of delaying it to summer).

7:30 Bless the Harts
    8 The Simpsons
    8:30 The Great North
    9 Bob's Burgers
    9:30 Family Guy

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    The Simpsons is literally never ending. It just got renewed for season 33 and 34.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/the-simpsons-renewed-season-33-34fox-1234920799/

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Tonights Simpsons episode was actually pretty good. Though I find it weird thinking that Homer was 14 at some point in the '90s now.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Eh it was ok when I thought it was ripping on Abrams, and even had a good line:

Homer - No, the same thing is happening again, only years later and slightly different
    Abrams - That's what I do.

But then it turns out to be shitting on people for caring about the films and characters people like Abrams are shitting on. Then it rounds it out by saying your terrible parents are the only reason you care about those films.

AlphaRomero on
  • Options
    The Simpsons is about to air its 700th episode, which will include the 7th Bill Plympton couch gag (at the link).

• Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    The Simpsons is about to air its 700th episode, which will include the 7th Bill Plympton couch gag (at the link).

A bit odd it was a Christmas episode aired in March.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    700 has to be an unbeatable record for a comedy.

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

It's a pretty unbeatable for any scripted genre show.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

Maybe SNL, depending on what you mean by genre, but that's about it. Of course, Simpsons can't possibly be beaten as long as it's still on the air. Unless it's by a show that airs more often, I guess, if you want to be pedantic about it.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Simpsons is the longest running discrete adult animated carroon in the United States. There are longer-running shows (Days of Our Lives) and cartoons (Sazae-san).

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Yeah, Detective Conan just hit #1000 episodes and is still ongoing, and I remember some video mentioning there were animated series from way back when in the 1300s. One Piece is on episode #968.

• Options
    edited March 2021

One peice has like 900 episodes
    Theres defintiely comedy anime with higher

But US shows? Probably wont ever be topped

King Riptor on
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular

Hmm

Simpsons/One Piece crossover in the future?

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Trace wrote: »

Hmm

One Piece is actually just the Simpson's couch.

• Options
    Trace wrote: »

Hmm

I mean, they've already referenced One Piece (along with other anime) before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52zzXhiC0Ic

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Eh it was ok when I thought it was ripping on Abrams, and even had a good line:

Homer - No, the same thing is happening again, only years later and slightly different
    Abrams - That's what I do.

But then it turns out to be shitting on people for caring about the films and characters people like Abrams are shitting on. Then it rounds it out by saying your terrible parents are the only reason you care about those films.

Just saw the episode. I didn't feel it was anti-"caring about stuff", but anti-"obsessively insisting it be your specific individual pre-concieved un-realized notions of what a new version of the stuff you liked when you were young should be".

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    Didn't hear about this until I saw a dedication at the end of the recent episode, but Edwin Aguilar, longtime Simpsons animator, recently died of a stroke at 46.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/edwin-aguilar-animator-and-assistant-director-on-the-simpsons-dies-at-46

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    A brand new Maggie Simpson short dropped on Disney+, called The Force Awakens from Its Nap. It's wall to wall Star Wars and... not great.

Supposedly we'll be getting more Simpsons shorts poking fun at/synergizing with Disney stuff in the future, so here's hoping the rest are better.

• Options
    Last night's Family Guy, the 9/11 joke, OMG I fucking died. Just out of nowhere.

• Options
    Late to the party, but holy hell the Simpsons with Benedict Cumberbatch as (essentially) Morrissey was fantastic. Here's the full version of the song, written by Bret Mckenzie of Flight of the Conchords:

https://youtu.be/Y1rx3Gx46Vc

Also, the real Morrissey threw a fit about it online, saying among other things:
    “The hatred shown towards me from the creators of The Simpsons is obviously a taunting lawsuit,” Morrissey wrote, “but one that requires more funding than I could possibly muster in order to make a challenge.”

Which is hysterical because the Simpsons character said he's only touring again because he ran out of money suing everyone who said mean things about him.

• Options
    Last night's Family Guy, the 9/11 joke, OMG I fucking died. Just out of nowhere.

Decent episode, but for a season finale it was pretty meh.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular

So glad this is happening. Far too many amazing pilots have died over the years... RIP Amazing Screw on Head and Korgoth of Barbaria

• Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »

So glad this is happening. Far too many amazing pilots have died over the years... RIP Amazing Screw on Head and Korgoth of Barbaria

Yeees. So glad good things get popular enough to be made.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    The Loki Simpsons short was actually pretty good! It wasn't just wall-to-wall references like the Star Wars one was.

• Options
    The Loki Simpsons short was actually pretty good! It wasn't just wall-to-wall references like the Star Wars one was.

If anything, I wish it was longer since it felt really rushed. Also didn't help that half the video was credits.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    The Bob's Burgers movie not only exists, it'll still go to theaters! Still doesn't have a release date, though. Apparently it's a "musical, comedy, mystery, adventure, and kind of coming-of-age-story."

Also, they're making a short they hope goes to theaters called "My Butt has a Fever."

• Options
    I mean Im glad it'll be i theaters Im not gonna like go to a movie theater again for like a decade but I appreciate that Loren is trying to get an Oscar.

• Options
    And now the Bob’s Burgers movie has a release date! And a good one, assuming things get back to normal — May 27, 2022.

http://thr.cm/ZtTmvS0

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    And now the Bob’s Burgers movie has a release date! And a good one, assuming things get back to normal — May 27, 2022.

You posted the wrong link.

I didn't even know there was a live action Little Mermaid in the works. Fuck, this is exhausting.

• Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »

I didn't even know there was a live action Little Mermaid in the works. Fuck, this is exhausting.

The link is correct, it's just not the main headline of the article.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

The link is correct, it's just not the main headline of the article.

I was blinded by my disgust. Apologies.

• Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited September 2021
    Animated Series Based On Robert C. O’Brien’s ‘NIMH’ In Works At Fox As Network Steps Up Adult Cartoon Drive
    Fox is also looking for a broader swathe of animated series such as mysteries, romantic comedies, adventure series and workplace comedies. “We love our family shows, they’re iconic, but we’re looking to go beyond family and start to explore things that are more dramatic,” Thorn added.

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Huh.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Adult Swim lost Family Guy reruns, they're now going to be on FX.

Makes sense, but man, I suddenly got nostalgic for rediscovering Family Guy when AS starting airing it and how that helped bringing it back.

• Options
    Futurama's going to FX too.

• Options
    Take Family Guy off everything, it's so meanspirited and bitter about existing now. Replace it with American Dad because that is great.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    First three seasons of family guy are actually not awful like the rest of the series. They lost me with the constant gay jokes about a baby. Over the top violence is only funny when used sparingly, they took the wrong lesson from the chicken fight bit by doing it over and over and yea...

Anyways Futurama is a certified hood classic