As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fox/adult Disney animation] Krapopolis is apparently appropriately named

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Fox does own vincewasmolested.com. I doubt they will put a site there. Mindquad.com appears to belong to someone else.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    oh, wow. I am surprised.

tallgeeze on
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    tallgeeze wrote: »
    oh, wow. I am surprised.

They don't really have a choice. When Conan mentioned hornymanatees.com on his show a few years back he explained it. Apparently all major networks have policy that they must purchase any website mentioned on a show that doesn't already exist.

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Hmm, never knew that, but makes sense. I'm guessing that it's some form of ass protection from people who would put random clips of horribleness up.

tallgeeze on
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    TexiKen wrote: »
    I know, it came out of nowhere, like the Predator mask.

Easily a top 5 episode now, both plots were hitting on all cylinders.

Really? The main plot with Steve did very little for me. The subplot with Stan and Francine was great, but not enough to save the episode for me.

Yeah, I thought it was OK. I'm not upset, though, since "I Am The Walrus" was a tough act to follow.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    They put the website address on the show and specifically said to visit it to find out more! What was I supposed to do? Not go to vincewasmolested.com?

And I'm still pissed about Mindquad.org. How cool would it have been to have a fake website for the show-within-the-show?

Invisible on
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hahahahahah

...yeah.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Holy crapballs, the Simpsons was goddamn fantastic this Sunday! Interesting story, fantastic use of the guest stars, creative sight gags... possibly one of the best they've done through the run of the show.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Invisible wrote: »
    They put the website address on the show and specifically said to visit it to find out more! What was I supposed to do? Not go to vincewasmolested.com?

And I'm still pissed about Mindquad.org. How cool would it have been to have a fake website for the show-within-the-show?

I never expected Mind Quad to return or that fictional executive meddling would alter it from an intense sci-fi drama into an A-team knockoff

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Holy crapballs, the Simpsons was goddamn fantastic this Sunday! Interesting story, fantastic use of the guest stars, creative sight gags... possibly one of the best they've done through the run of the show.

i am glad i still tune in weekly.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So the FOX commercials are lying, because they said new American Dad tonight but it's the Halloween episode. And while I wanna rock right now, rock right now, I would prefer to watch a new episode right now.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So the FOX commercials are lying, because they said new American Dad tonight but it's the Halloween episode. And while I wanna rock right now, rock right now, I would prefer to watch a new episode right now.

New episode's at 8:30 tonight, chief.

No Bob's Burgers this week.

Andy Joe on
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I wish Bob's Burgers was a good as the first ep or two led me to believe it would be.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    hahaha Roger you so crazy.

edit: oh wow. Not cool American Dad (the witches thing)

TexiKen on
  • Options
    NinjabearNinjabear Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So Roger has super speed now? I wonder if they'll ever do an episode with him trying to be a super hero.

And the 9/11 thing was kind of weird.

Ninjabear on
    Play Smash Bros 3DS with me!!! Friend Code: 2981-7429-8364
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I thought the 9/11 joke was funny

it's making fun of ridiculous things surrounding the event so. . .

also i think someone just wants to force Fox into buying ridiculous websites.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Sorry Squeaky, it's just the game . . .

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I think I was shocked more by the speed of the non-sequitur than anything on the 9/11 gag. I really did not see it coming and I didn't even connect the dots until half a second after the URL went away. It was just really weird.

I'm sure the twin towers were in there visually at some point. The gag doesn't really operate without them. They probably should have scrapped it.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I didn't mind the witches joke. It was just showing how crazy Stan was getting while he was drunk.

I think they just wanna track how many people go these websites to show how popular the show is. Can you even track something like that with no proper webpage?

tallgeeze on
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ninjabear wrote: »
    So Roger has super speed now? I wonder if they'll ever do an episode with him trying to be a super hero.

Oh dear god, that would be incredible. Roger is the perfect character to completely screw up being a super hero.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm watching American Dad now and already liking this episode a lot more than last week's.

americandad_harcoreBFweekend.png

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I couldn't stop laughing during the entire

"I can move really, really, really fast" sequence.

Just all of the implications that arise from that little fact being brought about make all of the ridiculous things that Roger can and will do so much more.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Spring episode: the hotdog guy is Mr. Aids. I guess he decided to give up on his hotcakes business.

Invisible on
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    My TV guide is showing a couple episodes of The Simpsons and the Simpsons Movie. :?

MKR on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    MKR wrote: »
    My TV guide is showing a couple episodes of The Simpsons and the Simpsons Movie. :?

Fence penis - censored or left intact for TV broadcast?

emnmnme on
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Relevant to this discussion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJhHo3sh1Ek

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    3:17

Why? Why?!

Kyougu on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    emnmnme wrote: »
    MKR wrote: »

Fence penis - censored or left intact for TV broadcast?

Censored. Blocked with "Only on the DVD" (something like that) based on when it was shown on FX.

Which is understandable given how many crazy complaints the FCC already gets about the Simpsons. Look up the complaints some day, they are a riot. One guy complained because in the episode when they were snowed in the school and Skinner was tied up in a bag, he believed he looked like an uncircumcised penis. o_O

Invisible on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The Hellfish tattoo is legit.

Gim on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Is there some sort of joke about Toshi's Japanese? Are his subtitles accurate or is it gibberish or is it heavily accented?

emnmnme on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    art crawl has to be the best bob's burger episode

Jars on
  • Options
    BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Is there some sort of joke about Toshi's Japanese? Are his subtitles accurate or is it gibberish or is it heavily accented?

He speaks real Japanese and the subtitles are mostly accurate, but his speech is weirdly accented. Maybe it's supposed to be a joke about the "Engrish" found in Japan (not unlike "Eat. My. BOWLS!")?

BubbaT on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, I believe in one of the dvd commentaries they say it's real japanese, probably in a slang accent or something though. Because there was that time Toshi was being talked to by a samurai ghost and he had no idea what he was saying

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    There was supposed to be a new American Dad tonight as part of one of those McFarlane show crossovers, but because it dealt with a hurricane in each episode Fox pulled the episodes for the season because of the recent weather in the South. So we get reruns and that mediocre Family Guy "look what we can do with 3D modeling" murder mystery.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    NinjabearNinjabear Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The live action segment of Family Guy where Bill Maher destroys Brian was great.

Ninjabear on
    Play Smash Bros 3DS with me!!! Friend Code: 2981-7429-8364
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Y'know, I just realized...

Brian and the bear family from Cleaveland Show must have been subjects of the same FBI mind-swap experiments that made Klaus.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, I believe in one of the dvd commentaries they say it's real japanese, probably in a slang accent or something though. Because there was that time Toshi was being talked to by a samurai ghost and he had no idea what he was saying

Ancient Japanese is essentially a different language from the modern counterpart. I doubt that was part of the joke though.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    There was supposed to be a new American Dad tonight as part of one of those McFarlane show crossovers, but because it dealt with a hurricane in each episode Fox pulled the episodes for the season because of the recent weather in the South. So we get reruns and that mediocre Family Guy "look what we can do with 3D modeling" murder mystery.

And a new episode of The Simpsons! Eh? Eh?

*crickets*

I haven't seen it yet.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

*crickets*

I haven't seen it yet.

meh

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Malkor wrote: »

*crickets*

I haven't seen it yet.

meh-simpsons.jpg

Fixed.

cloudeagle on