As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pissed off with these idiots (On Hometowns and Why Yours Sucks)

13»

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The thing is, compared to what is near it Thunder Bay is a metropolis

Al_wat on
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    South host wrote: »
    We don't have a single bookstore...

What is this I don't even

Doc on
  • Options
    South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Doc wrote: »

We have a Super Wal-Mart, Super Target, PetCo, and PetsMart, all within a mile of each other, on the same road. But not a single bookstore. We had a small used one, but it shut down.

South host on
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Doc wrote: »

Closest (non-Christian) bookstore to me is at least an hour from here.

Can't wait to save up enough cash to move.

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I used to think I came from a small town until I drove across Canada.

There are towns in Saskatchewan that I swear are a single fucking shack

Al_wat on
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    Al_wat wrote: »
    I used to think I came from a small town until I drove across Canada.

There are towns in Saskatchewan that I swear are a single fucking shack

I once went on a date with a girl from the Yukon. She described her town as "about six hours out from Whitehorse."

Edit: pretty sure it was Barlow:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=barlow,+yt&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Barlow,+Yukon,+Yukon+Territory,+Canada&ll=46.437857,-127.792969&spn=93.947913,191.074219&z=3

Doc on
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    My hometown in Michigan is famous for three things:

1) Wine. Lots of old wineries out there, ensuring we have more than enough alcohol for anyone over the age of eighteen. It's fucking everywhere. One of the reasons I went to college was so I could get away from the damn drunks.

2) A really, really old courthouse.

3) The Great Wheelchair Ride of Ben Carpanter.

Yeah, most excitement in years for this town.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I come from a small town called Milton-Freewater in NE Oregon. It produces spicy headlines like this!
    http://www.tri-cityherald.com/2010/05/08/1008797/milton-freewater-man-arrested.html

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    In Baltimore, our chief exports are murder and tv shows about all the murders. Hooray!

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited February 2011
    i grew up in los alamos, new mexico. we're known for being the town where the atomic bomb was invented during WWII and subsequently the home of the finest national lab in the world for like 60 years

it's pretty much going away though. subsequent administrations under pressure from defense contractors have pretty much abandoned the national lab structure. it's a shame, but there you go.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    SiskaSiska Shorty Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I was born and raised in Skövde Sweden. A town right smack in the middle of the "talk like a farmer" region of the country. So other swedes tend to giggle when we speak because we sound like we should be covered in mud up to our waists and carry a pig under each arm. So there's that to make you feel like an idiot when traveling the rest of the country. It's an average city by Swedish standards. In fact it is so average that it was selected for some US funded study once because it was the most typical Swedish city.

Tim Sköld is the only person from here who has achieved any kind of international fame, as far as I know. My mom actually knew his mom a little bit. He is a multitasking musician. If you're into heavy metal/punk you might recognize the name.

Siska on